Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I'm not a big enough goober to pre-order the ultimate edition for what amounts to a $40 season pass...
...but if I like the characters, anything's possible. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

If Jessica Cruz can be in the mobile game, they can at least make her an alt skin for console.
She could power up during the fight like Phoenix Wright, except she slowly gains confidence over her anxiety. Goes from shooting little green darts to screen-filling specials.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

You want to knock some mooks around, you call OMAC the One Man Army Corps!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Each "year" of the Injustice comic gets collected into a Part 1 and 2. Wait for a Comixology half-off sale on the one-book trades, they're pretty great value per dollar. I'll bet the whole series goes on sale around the time Injustice 2 comes out.

Reading a summary of the first couple years reminds me how much better the series was under Taylor. Four and five were blah in comparison, but definitely check out Taylor's annual with the prison break and Plastic Man.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

LeSquide posted:

How is the Green Lantern/spaaaaaace stuff doing in DC at the moment, anyone know?

Cool stuff! The Rebirth stuff has been taking advantage of the character potential across different corps, plus the art is consistently pretty.

Also, partly contrary to DT's claim about the Blue Lanterns, they can do stuff with their rings, it's just not laser beams and boxing gloves. They defuse Red Lanterns and can cool down erupting stars. Blue Lanterns are cosmic chill pills, I love them.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Sdoots posted:

I am going to be genuinely disappointed now if Swamp Thing doesn't say "I am from the swamp what are you talking about" in one of the clash dialogues now. I sincerely want him to have a character that he interacts with in nothing but confused and concerned tones.

One of my favorite moments from the Justice League United comic was Stargirl hastily trying to summon Swamp Thing by firing beams into a swamp and he appears in a massive growth to basically say, "Hey cut that out."

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Hal Jordan has legacy recognition, John Stewart has the cartoon, but John Stewart will always be my favorite because he's the Lantern who got recruited and used his powers to lead the Corps. "Mosaic" gave him a wonderful range of personality traits and quirks, and it's a crime he's not better fleshed out than "used to be a Marine/architect" these days. There are several storylines where Hal is celebrated for going off on his own and winning through hard-headedness, when that's supposed to be Guy's thing, and Guy is way more entertaining at it! Then you have Kyle as the creative/sensitive/chosen one, and Hal starts looking redundant as hell.

AND THEN Simon Baz and Jessica Cruz come along and I want them to have skins any presence at all in Injustice 2 so much because they are the best.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I keep wanting the Trinity War story where Constantine binds Shazam's lightning to a voodoo doll to be an Injustice plot point. It's just such a magically dickish move.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

fadam posted:

Cheetah is lame, but Vixen skin is cool.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Blue Lantern Barry Allen confirmed, excuse me how do I mail WB my credit card

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Calaveron posted:

The Injustice comic series is actually pretty dece. I wonder if it's been compiled already

Injustice sale on Comixology, first three years are the best, plus their writer returns for the Injustice 2 comic.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Fenn the Fool! posted:

At the end of the story mode I was left thinking: wait, they're really gonna leave all the alien cities in suspended animation? Why don't they put them down on earth? Then I saw joker's arcade ending where he does exactly that and watches with glee as all the different cultures murder one-another. I'm not sure if I should be more concerned about my thought process lining up with a maniac's or with the subtle xenophobia coming out of NRS's writing team.

Green Lantern: Mosaic plays with a similar concept really well, as Green Lantern John Stewart keeps the peace in a patched-together world of disparate alien cultures the Guardians task him with policing.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

After picking up the last of Wonder Woman's movie gear, I went over to the Scratching Post event to train up some other characters. The event's boss fight was a level 20 Robin, and my highest level characters were my Green Lantern and WW, both level 13. Robin absolutely crushed my GL with juggle combos and I swapped in WW with her all-epic gear.

Still got thrashed, and noticed that Robin kept relying on that dash-in attack, and in this fight it would keep sucking me in like a vortex, interrupting my moves well before closing the gap, even if I was jumping. What a bullshit attack! What was I supposed to do to counter this AI creep? I must have lost another half-dozen times to the same tactics, with Robin's combos eating half a lifebar each time I fell for his traps.

Turns out, blocking stops the move in its tracks and leaves just enough recovery frames for me to use one of my piddly 3-hit combos back at him. Also, I got my shield toss timing and distance practiced to a bullseye, so I could keep him at bay then bait the dash and punish it. Plus Catwoman assist was there to break his combos if things got iffy. I did very little damage, but it added up over time and I won. Hooray!

Then, just as my loot was announced, the game crashed. drat IT.

I reloaded the fight, started all over, and... defeated Robin pretty handily, actually. His AI loops and weaknesses were found and countered.

Leveling up in fighting games feels good. :)

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

pubic works project posted:

I tried that. He just comes wading through everything and unloads on me. Finally beat him, but that world was loving bullshit.

So uh, how did you beat him? Cause now I'm stuck on this BS boss fight and keep getting stuck.
The trouble with Fate isn't that he's simply high level, but his stats are ridiculous. His finger-point ping alone does significant damage on block, to say nothing of if I get caught off guard in the four-hit version. There are ways through fireballs, but then he has the temp armor that lets him counter whatever you do up close. The assists would be helpful to chip away at that armor, except Constantine's circle and Brainiac's charge tend to not hit Fate at all. Also, both Brainiac assist inputs are unreliable, he doesn't come out fast enough nor do enough damage.

As it is, my best 3 characters and strategies are:
Green Lantern - trade projectiles, can do combos up close, interrupt with command grab
Wonder Woman - shield projectile (not far/fast enough to trade though), good combos, Hestia trait makes for good lasso combos
Supergirl - eye beams trade well, traveling uppercut interrupts well and helps close distance on Fate, just can't get enough damage in

I'm losing my first health bar just breaking the temp armor each match while Dr. Fucko chips me into oblivion. What'd you do?

Edit: I should add that my characters are all in the upper teen levels. Typing this while watching AI Wonder Woman whup Fate's rear end compared to my play level. She's coordinating the assists and punishing everything really well. Booyah!

Edit 2: Y'all weren't kidding about Injustice Pokemon Simulator. Sitting back and watching the linkups I've been missing is entertaining and useful!

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 11, 2017

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Red Hood is a giant goober who's somehow brattier than Supergirl and goes "uhhh!" when hit, like a bully on the playground who doesn't expect anyone to hit back.

Bring on Starfire and Booster Gold already.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Funky Valentine posted:

Dying via democracy, the most noble of deaths.

Factor in that someone used a robo-dialer to ensure Jason's death and you have death by hijacked democracy.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

pubic works project posted:

Excuse me sir, but Aquaman is a drat king, has a trident and is really cool.

There's a clown trying to rob his reputation with surface-level tricks all the time. Who has time to manage a kingdom AND out-stunt some joker with an open schedule?

A champion, that's who.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Based on how the digital comic's going, I really hope Black Lightning turns out to be the "Raiden" of the DLC folks.
It'd make a nice cross-promotion with his upcoming CW show.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Leveling up Catwoman for the Kitty Kitty event, got this exchange...
Cheetah: Embrace your inner feline!
Catwoman: I'm fine with cat-adjacent.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Just keep in mind, whichever characters arrive via DLC are going to get whacked with Joker's crowbar as he cackles.
On the other hand, those same characters will get to pummel/maul Joker themselves.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Maybe with their Royal Flush Gang alt, sure

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Choi's our boy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DLC Inc posted:

BLACK LIGHTNING
I'm not sure why Black Lightning's moveset is based on Raiden, or why Raiden is the default costume for him--but some mysteries are just destined to be so. In any case, the southside sensation borrows quite a bit from Raiden's wheelhouse, mainly MKX--but it works since this gives him a variety of teleports, diving tackles, and command grabs for ground and air. His power soups up an already good assortment of combos, letting him teleport and crossup people with extra shocking damage. Not all of his neutral combos are great, but with enough practice his ability will chew through opponents and you'll be able to panicport like a pro. RIP in peace, Static.

PICK BLACK LIGHTNING IF YOU LOVE: telling the devs "gently caress you," playing as Raiden but not really, karate chop takedowns, HELPING THE SOUTH SIDE, E.Honda, bleepbloop teleports, getting lit, aviator goggles, roundhouse kicks

MY MAN

• Locked thread