Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I would have pre-ordered but then on the last stream Boon said Space Ghost wouldn't be DLC so whatever.

Next stream is Wednesday at 3 cst..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Black Canary is getting added to the beta by the end of the week. More codes should go out around then.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'd love it if they did Shao Kahn for the guest character, since he hasn't been playable in the latest MKs.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Valentine's is all about two souls coming together forever, so obviously it'll be Firestorm.

I hope you like NRS faces...

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 14, 2017

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

Footage of the mobile game....so, this is a thing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npv3OIV8bo8

Scarecrow, Green Lantern, Cyborg appearances, but some of the other characters look outdated so maybe this is an old build? Either way Scarecrow does NOT look like anything I imagined. Thought he'd be closer to the Arkham City variant as opposed to "clayface jack skellingten" which is godawful.

It's nice that this one looks much more like a game than the previous Netherrealm mobile titles. Will make unlocking costumes much less of a chore, though lord knows I spent enough time trying to unlock Mad Scientist Bray Wyatt in Immortals.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Fool posted:

This looks basically the same as the mkx mobile game.

Yeah but you can jump and duck now. Progress.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Brother Entropy posted:

is vandal savage still abel after all those reboots

Wasn't the Phantom Stranger Judas Iscariot for awhile or am I thinking of someone else?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Was there ever some meta, Morrison-sequel story where Red Hood gets revenge on fans who voted for his death?

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Granny Goodness announced

Only if they could get Ed Asner.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It looks like the mobile game has the first chapter in it, so if you want to see it yourself you can grab that.

It's also a flashback, so there's not much to spoil.

HMS Beagle fucked around with this message at 06:28 on May 10, 2017

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

what are the unlockable skins?

So far I think it's just the Grid premier skin for Cyborg. There might be announcements forthcoming, I think they mentioned they'd do a stream that had more about the mobile game.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

They name checked Bat-Mite during the stream, it's definitely a reference.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

The Fool posted:

I need some Robin bnb's to practice please

I'm a big fan of this guy on youtube, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUsMqaZI_I&.

He did bnbs for most of MKX, and has started working through I2.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

It's especially dumb because female characters kind of dominated MKX. Tanya was the best character in the game for a long time, and Cassie, Sonya, and D'Vorah were all top tier.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

hup posted:

So do they ever explain why the Joker's alive? Is it in the comic? Should I even give a poo poo?

He's not, at least in the story. Just shows up in a fear gas hallucination for Harley.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

i don't believe "we decided to swap them"

Yeah, this is what sticks out for me. People have bitched every time they've added in a guest character, but they keep doing it because they always turn out extremely popular. I don't see what would change this time. None of the other characters look out of place though.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Crowetron posted:

Didn't DC have a dude who flew through space on jet powered skis? I think he might have been connected to the New Gods somehow. Put that dude in the game.

Black Racer, one of the many aspects of death tooling around the DC Universe.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I would love for Shade from Star Man to make an appearance. That's my dream D-Lister.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Slayer vs Sonic Fox was insane. What a match.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh wow I have totally thought that Christopher Lambert was dead for years

Still getting work! He was in Hail Caesar not too long ago.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/900304406943485952

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

fadam posted:

Hellboy is cool, Manta is whatever, Raiden sucks.

If Raiden's arcade ending is him loving up the DC Universe as badly as he hosed up his own, I'll be ok with it.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

So what are you guys thinking? Trait switches between turtles? Could also be some kind of assist system I suppose.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

If they make it so that you only play as Leo and you have to use gear to be the other turtles I swear to god I will burn Ed Boon's twitter to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

She's a supervillain which basically amounts to "Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Magical Hyde" Her main side is presented as an okay person struggling with a super-powerful malicious witch inside of her. Basically the usual Hulk sort of thing.

She was also the villain in the Suicide Squad movie, which boosted her profile a bit, despite it being the Suicide Squad movie.

• Locked thread