Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Swamp Thing looks pretty great but I gotta laugh at his growing leaf wings in his victory pose. I guess someone on the team really missed Hawkgirl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Models ripped from the mobile game

http://imgur.com/a/FZYP0

Wow, Aquaman looks like a total chode this time around. Hope there's a sweet Jason Momoa skin available down the line.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Technowolf posted:

Holy poo poo Hal's an idiot.

It's a multiversal constant.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Like the leak has all the CW characters having their TV look as a premium skin, I imagine those will be voiced by the TV actors.

How far does this go, like are we getting CW Firestorm and Captain Cold? I didn't know I needed Victor Garber and Wentworth Miller in a fighting game until now BUT I DO

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Black Canary is clearly modeled after Kristen Bell, right? I can't be the only one who sees the resemblance.

Kurtofan posted:

what's the deal with Dr Fate? he a magic guy?

Even though Dr. Fate came first by decades, I'm sure it'll be easier to say "Dr. Fate is DC's Dr. Strange".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

Robin/Fate stream is live by the way. Currently showing off Robin https://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

They showed Cheetah's trailer about halfway through, her super is literally the Maximum Spider.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Don't forget that during all of this, Superboy breaks them out of the pocket universe by punching the forcefield at the edge of the universe so hard that it literally breaks reality and causes every single continuity error and unreconciled retcon ever since the Crisis.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gavok posted:

If Sub-Zero is one of the DLC characters, I at least want his Dark Knight of Earthrealm costume from his MKvDCU ending. Basically his regular costume, but with the MK dragon logo on his chest and a bigass cape.

That was definitely the best one of those weird merged endings.

If Joker comes back, make him the host of Etrigan.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

And the Star Sapphires are composed entirely of women who dress like they're in a space striptease revue.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm probably outing myself as a giant nerd among nerds here, but did Flash's blue costume instantly remind anyone of the 90s series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjBUubnyeDo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

The long silent pause before he walked in front of the camera made me laugh my rear end off. I've never heard of this show, I'll have to peep it at some point.

They just re-released it since the guy who played the Flash on that show is the Flash's dad on the new CW series, I think it's on Netflix as well. It's super dated but it still has a goofy charm, and check out Mark Hamill in the role that really defined his career!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Nothing stupid about it, character customization owns in any game.

Just hope I can get my Purple/Gold so I can Saints up all my characters :hellyeah:

In the big stream last week or so Doctor Fate definitely had a purple bodysuit alt :whatup:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

He'd have the best super, surprise headbutt and then curbstomp so hard his shoe explodes :stare:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Okay, the conceit with Scarecrow's appearance is perfect, I'm totally on board now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yeah, Darkseid was a secret playable character in MKvsDC but it felt like a last minute addition, he didn't have a full combo set or a fatality. I hope they do him justice this time around.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ That looks pretty cool, reminds me of the map from Multiversity.

Baz's first exposure to anyone ever was the jihadi lantern leaping at the reader with a gun in their face, that's hard to get over.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 15, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They said on the most recent stream that there aren't going to be any gender-swapped premium skins, which sadly puts the kibosh on that Batman -> Batwoman leak from way back.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Evil Canadian posted:

Mogo would make a great boss character, like Apocalypse in x-men vs sf or something.

Too bad Mogo got thrown into the sun at the end of Injustice Year Two by Yellow Lantern Superman. Then again that could leave us with... BLACK LANTERN MOGO :aaaaa:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FEED ME SEYMOUR PAMELA!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I would think that a proper tournament mode would let you pick the moves without the gear bonuses, essentially turning it into MKX fight styles. The move changes themselves seem pretty balanced (they even said in the latest Watchtower that some of the particularly dramatic ones take up two slots so you can't further bend your character's style), it's just the gear stats that would be too complex and unbalancing for pro action.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

I just want to say that if all the goon rooms are gear-off i'mma call u all turbonerds and make fun of you

Don't forget turning off interactibles and stage transitions for the true Fox Only No Items Final Destination experience :pram:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The competitive fighting scene is fine, it's all the goobers who aren't in it but act like they are and demand you respect their mad skillz that are responsible for the gaming equivalent of setting up replay cams and referees for your backyard touch football game.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

I hope there's a Zur-En-Arrh gear set

With all the shader slots it's practically a guarantee. Superman's got two flavors of Bizarro shaders.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Eh that's a different universe and it's just following up the awesome sendoff Canary got in the comic, I'll allow it. It's certainly not on the level of "Good Superman and Bad Superman are gonna have a punchfight in this game where every single time a good universe character fought their evil twin they won."

I was pretty disappointed that Shazam CAPTAIN MARVEL :argh: was on the roster but didn't get an epic fight sequence, although the way they did clash was still a good "poo poo just got real" moment.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Braininac's super is amazing :black101:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Those Braniac soldiers are disturbing

:same:

Brainiac seems pretty great, extra hype for Darkseid now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Boxing glove arrow confirmed!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HebrewMagic posted:

I feel like at least two of those secret achievements are "Complete story, X path", hell I'd almost bet three of em are

Are there some other secret achievements besides the four at the end of the list? Because there's a link right there on the trueachievements page to check out the hidden ones, like so: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Injustice-2/achievements?secrets=1

They aren't story spoilers so there's no reason not to look but I tagged them anyway:

quote:

Be Pre-Paired 15 (15)
Harley must dethrone an opponent in King Of The Hill with the final hit coming from Double-Trouble (Secret)
No tracked gamers have this achievement

Back To Where You Belong 15 (15)
Play as Batman and send all Gotham villains through the Arkham Transitions (Secret)

Heathens 15 (15)
Win a match with each villain (Secret)

This Is Why I Can't Have Nice Things 15 (15)
Be in the Batcave when all the Environmental Interactions are used (Secret)

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This is absolutely too much to hope for but I would just die if the initial hit of Darkseid's super being fatal meant it skipped the rest and straight vaporized you.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jimmy Hats posted:

Until we get a real reveal trailer I am going to hold hope in my heart that it's just a prank and he's in the game in the same capacity that Tremor was in Mk9 or Baraka in MKX

A Jokerized Xenomorph would be loving tits, but I was legit expecting a Black Lantern Joker and am pretty disappointed now.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Darkseid IS

loving incredible

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Apropos of nothing but, I still can't get over the fact that one of the interactive elements in the Ace O' Clubs stage is grabbing bar patrons and throwing them at the opponent. It's funny as hell every time.

Also, I predict the gator in Swamp Thing's stage will be the new Hype Pig.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

Dang dude. I probably love the monorail transition the most, with the riders diving for cover or flinching as the fighter crashes through the cars.

The caged inmates in Arkham doing the same thing when the fighter smashes through is hilarious, these transitions are great.

I'm glad they still have cars hitting people completely inane distances.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 28, 2017

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kelp Plankton posted:

His tech was reverse engineered from a mother box, I think?

Correct, in the new 52 reboot Cyborg has mother box and other New Gods tech and he can open boom tubes, which have a small chance of going to Apokolips instead of the intended destination. Of course he can always go there on purpose.

Rirse posted:

Luthor always will be Luthor.

Right, at that point he's reasonably sure he can take Superman down with Robo-Doomsday while Bizarro runs interference, but he's absolutely sure that if it doesn't work his rear end is grass. And unlike the moment of his death in the game things hadn't yet gotten desperate enough that he's willing to take that risk, so he looks out for #1 first.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

lovely Sassy Superman is maybe my favorite part of Injustice. Just this smug rear end in a top hat with god power being all 'hey...I'm gonna gently caress you up real bad, dude'.

when it was announced I was 100% sure I'd not be getting it or waiting for a hefty sale, and now here I am preordered like a goddamn clown.

The wait for Steam is gonna be pretty brutal.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I forget, did the Injustice comic ever address the Kents after the end of the first year?

They showed up briefly in whichever annual it was that covered the fate of the Teen Titans in a flashback to way early in Year One (Wally West and Beast Boy die in the Metropolis nuke, Superboy and the other Titans-sans Cyborg and Raven-try to trap Superman in the Phantom Zone after he starts turning all dictatory), but I don't think anything besides that. Presumably they went back to Kansas and lived uneasily but quietly, because if you'd be crazy to mess with Superman's parents before...

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

fadam posted:

What's this I'm reading about Black Adam having two traits?

Edit: Oh, lame it's a gear thing. He can get Shazam's trait through gear. Another cool thing that's never going to get played with 😣

I really hope the gear power changes are allowed in high level play, it seems like NRS went out of their way to balance them and somehow I doubt trading Poison Ivy's bark armor for cactus spines is gonna break the game.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

They won't be.

Pretty sad if so, NRS comes up with a way to let you box a brawler/take a striker to the ground without completely changing characters and the so-called pros go "no thanks, not balanced".

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

If we get any evil superman in a rad armor we're much more likely to get this one, from the Elseworlds comic where Superman's rocket landed on Apokolips.

I dunno about the whole armor but that version's chest emblem showed up in the customization trailer.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flinger posted:

I recall her being somewhat of a counterpick against someone good, maybe Superman?

I've been watching a lot of Injustice 1 tournaments replays lately and it seems like she's a good counter to both Superman and Aquaman. Also I bought Injustice Ultimate Edition because it's gonna be like a year before IJ2 comes out on PC, well playd NRS :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

^^^ Holy poo poo I've never seen the other one, and I thought Superboy Prime literally tearing through his opponents was hosed up. Why aren't comics more popular??

MinibarMatchman posted:

ironically enough when I think of tearing people in half, Marvel's long-forgotten uber Superman clone, The Sentry, comes to mind. His trademark was practically ripping people in half all the time.

And nobody deserved it more than Carnage, if just for once a comic book death would stick...

E:

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 5, 2017

• Locked thread