Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was just watching the episode where Bobby goes to the cotillion class and right as he's saying "There's this class I can take that could teach me, well, to be more like you." my wife walks by and says "Oh is this the clown college episode?" Burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Marin Karin posted:

The only episode I'd cut out of here would be Racist Dawg.

Night & Deity is lowkey one of the best episodes. "THIS IS WHAT YOU DOOOO?!"

Yeah, that's a pretty crummy episode (although Peggy crowing over her "strongly prefers the company of black people" result is pretty funny) but the rest of that season is solid to great.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I can't believe "King of the Ant Hill" is from season 1. It's so weird. Bobby ends up becoming a slave to an ant colony after huffing an ant queens pheromones, and sometime after that the entire colony crawls onto Bobby but doesn't bite him. Dale grabs his hand, which causes every single ant to crawl onto Dale in order to bite him because these ants apparently have been dying to get a chance to bite just Dale.

I'm pretty sure that American Dad does this exact same plot with Steve and bees in season 1.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I'm glad they didn't overuse him, made us treasure the few we did get.

The few we did get made me glad there weren't more!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I feel like it would be the rose episode all over again.

Bobby would want to build a PC, but Hank would hate the idea. Peggy would remind him of how when they were kids it was common to build a HAM radio, and that would convince him to go to a PC store and learn about them. That scene would even mirror the smoke shop scene from the rose episode, but this time two neckbeards help Hank build a computer mostly to laugh at him. Bobby and Hank disagree on how to build the computer, Bobby wants to buy suboptimal parts so he can afford tons of RGB lights and a gamer chair. Later Hank realizes he was a jerk when Bobby has more fun playing Minecraft and Fortnite with his sub-optimal PC than Hank ever did building his, and Hank would realize he didn't even want a custom PC in the first place.

He could even replace Peggys ancient blueberry Mac with his PC he doesn't want anymore, episode ends with Peggy griefing Bobby and Josephs Minecraft world.

"The PC part picker forums say that those games are for little kids. You should be playing Star Citizen."

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a 2 parter. 1st ep he builds the rig with it ending on the gpu melting.

Part 2 he begins building the greatest cooling set up ever

Propane cooled gaming PC.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What are you growing?

Roses.

Oh, those are legal now you can grow them outside.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Or would she roll the R for 20 minutes, I wonder

Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrona

La Corroña Virus

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Just realized that Dale became an exterminator because he hates his dad, Bug.

e: also wait a sec, Bug's story about a beautiful Filipino caterer at Dale's potluck wedding doesn't add up. I think he's played us all for chumps.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 21, 2020

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

killer crane posted:

he's in the wholesale beef business, and does beef related comedy during beef business conferences.

Founder of the beef comedy troupe The Beef Maniacs.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Important King of the Hill update: the Hills had Creepy Crawlers

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Armitag3 posted:

Alabaster Jones really messes with your expectation.

I don't think I realized he was Snoop Dogg until someone pointed it out, despite the fact that he sounds exactly like Snoop Dogg. To be fair, every TV pimp in the 00s sounded exactly like Snoop Dogg.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cleveland show was better on average than those four episodes that only aired on adult swim.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Are there any clues that he became an exterminator because his dad is Bug?

edit: I think this very thread introduced me to that notion

That's what the elves call "justice of the unicorn." :smug:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I have no idea how anyone could poo poo on season 1 when it has episodes like the boggle tournament or the sex ed one. I wouldn't put any of the season 1 episodes anywhere near the bottom 5. The characters aren't as well developed, although they do feel truer to whole "working class Texans" premise than in the later seasons.

Zeniel posted:

KOTH is a great show, but there was absolutely a lot of bad episodes. Any episode that revolves around some kind of political strawmans come to mind. They always make me feel uncomfortable about watching the show tbh. That and some of later episodes can be really incoherent, like in that way that every new episode of the simpsons is now. Still way more watchable than the new simpsons by leagues but I think there wasn't as much care as there was in the earlier episodes.

That episode about protesting, I don't remember the name, is super jorpy.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jun 18, 2021

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

namlosh posted:

Which protesting episode? The one where Hank fakes caring about an environmental cause to save his own rear end some embarrassment?

Or the one where he shits on Bobby for protesting a real issue at the school in which Bobby is helping other people live better lives in the face of an actual conspiracy among the school leadership.

When my wife and I watch we have to remind ourselves often that there are no heroes in KOTH.

It does make me remember the “Sally” episode and that Wings’ Live and Let Die was the perfect soundtrack to the flashback. The song selection was crazy good on the show

Both honestly but I was thinking of the latter.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

you broke my grill posted:

"The Company Man" is before the snow one so that's my best guess

I jumped aroud Shins of the Father and didn't see him so I think the KotH wiki may be wrong about that

I work with a guy named JR and whenever I see him I think "JR, JR, he's a really bad guy, who lives on a ranch with his mom."

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

PinheadSlim posted:

I just rewatched the episode with Lucky and Luannes wedding and I noticed that there are some weird guests in attendance.

First I noticed Ted, Cindy, and Chane Wassanasong and that's what made me look closer. Then I saw Boomhauers brother Patch, Tammy the prostitute, Junichiro apparently flew out for it, Peggys Scandinavian hairdresser from that one episode, the water heater repairman that Ladybird bit, and Dooly and Mark Peters are there too.

And then I noticed part of the wedding decor included Hanks grill hooked up to a gold propane tank lol.

Even Anthony, aka twig boy, from the first episode attended.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zeniel posted:

Thank you for your service

Service means serve us :argh:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think Bill is my favorite, not that I'd want to hang out with him but he makes for funny episodes.

AmbassadorofSodomy posted:

Dale probably.

Speaking of Joe Jack, is that a Texas thing? Like a Manly Texas dude can call another dude Honey and its perfectly normal? Like here (in Canada) a guy can call his daughter/niece/GF/Wife, Honey, but a dude calling another dude Honey would get a bit of side eye***.

*** Nothing wrong with LGBTQ+ people, it would just seem weird, because its not common around here. Or not that I've seen anyway.

There are definitely a decent number of women in Texas (the South and Midwest too) who will call everyone honey or sug' or whatever. I've never met any men that did that. I didn't get the impression it was supposed to be a gay coded thing, but maybe.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Seriously. I don’t get the obsession with talking about how despicable all the characters would be now. We’re all of you just hate watching this or whut

Probably due to seeing the various people in their lives who started off in a similar place as the KotH characters go through that transformation over the last 10 years or so. "Obsession" seems like a pretty overwrought way of putting it, people are just joking around.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Thread title was "Peggy's World of Books and Gunts" referencing the bit in show where she told someone (trust fund lady?) she was selling "gunst".

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

SilvergunSuperman posted:

This episode has such a crazy amount of great lines

Child prodigy Connie get to study more, poo-picking hillbilly get to dance with dog. Universe in harmony.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Plant MONSTER. posted:

just now realized that khan and hank are anagrams

You guys ever seen the bipolar robot grill episode? Not a good episode but Khan straight up points this out.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Uch the flashback where they both take a huge drag then immediately make out makes my stomach retch

I'm a big fan of Purple Turtleneck Hank.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

I was thinking about episodes where Bill wins. The one where he has the pilots dog, but are there any others?

The one where he bangs both Cajun widows.

The one where he becomes a big shot in the disaster shelter because he's wearing an army uniform.

The one where he plays highschool football again to get his record back.

The one where he dates Laoma, although he presumably blows it immediately after the episode ends since we never see her again.

That's all I got. I feel like there are a lot of episodes that follow the format: Bill has something good going, then blows it, then manages to sort of bounce back. So if you stop at like 10 minutes in there are a lot of episodes where Bill wins.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My favourite example of this is when he has the dinner date setup with the single mom and she comes back and he's haggard as gently caress with the now out of season Christmas bounce castle and she runs like Michael Myers is chasing her.

The funny thing is that chasing off the mom isn't even the extent of him "blowing it" in that episode.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

X JAKK posted:

Don't forget he banged former Texas Governor Ann Richards and mooned Lenore from her limo.

I file that one under the "blows it, then bounces back" heading since he breaks up with Richards for Lenore, and then bounces back by breaking up with Lenore.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

killer crane posted:

I watched it with my wife who's never seen Hank of the Hill, and during the mower expo commercial I quoted the YTP, "hedgers and clippers and hedgers and clippers and hedgers and clippers and." My wife thought there was something wrong with me. I mean, she's probably right, the internet's ruined my brain.

I guess that's why they call her your betereteretereter

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Robo Reagan posted:

make judge really hates college are there any episodes where students and profs arent huge dicks

The college students who aren't part of a cult are nice in that episode where Luanne gets recruited by a cult, iirc.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I enjoyed that Bobby’s Commedia Del Arte instructor was the illegitimate son of a Rodeo Clown who had previously mentored Bobby.

Clown fathers traditionally haven't been very supportive.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

lol cartoon characters looking straight at the camera. Also that picture's likely from when she was 25.

Buck had that picture taken for the Mrs. Heimlich county pageant.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I forgot about that! There is a fourth Hank, people.

That worker's comp investigator lady's teenage daughter?

X JAKK posted:

So Lucky and Luanne, do they get killed off, recast, or the Japanese tradition of the characters being completely silent?

Killed offscreen during a dolphin confrontation.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

More Bobby job ideas:

*Megalomart opens a warehouse/distribution center in Arlen and Bobby gets a job as a picker. He runs into Chuck Mangione hiding in the warehouse and they work together to take the place down from the inside. The twist: Chuck may or may not be a fatigue induced hallucination.

*Bobby becomes a staff writer/video personality for a Babylon Bee style conservative comedy website. He brings back his white heritage humor and has a sock puppet that makes "I identify as a garter belt" jokes.

*Bobby becomes a independently contracted content moderator for Myspace (still the leading social network in the KotHiverse). He also runs a support group for his coworkers who have been traumatized by the shocking content they see every day where he helps them without giving them any advice.

*Connie burns out midway through her Freshman year at Harvard, moves back to Arlen, and marries Bobby. They became Arlen's leading lifestyle youtubers/tiktokers but their career is put into jeopardy when their daughter, Khan III, turns 10 and realizes her life is a peepshow. She has Anthony the social worker put her in the custody of Hank and Peggy.

*After a string of unsuccessful romantic encounters Bobby apprentices under Boomhauer. He then markets Boomhauer's techniques and becomes an internet seduction influencer a la Mystery. Secretly still unsuccessful with the ladies.

*Larson Pork Products opens up an Impossible Pork factory/lab in Arlen and hires Bobby as the lead grader. Bobby eventually discovers that the machinery, still contaminated with Trip Larson's DNA, is actually producing impossible long pig.

*Sharpshooter for Arlen PD SWAT team. Also teaches women's self defense classes.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 19, 2022

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lowen SoDium posted:

Realistically, I think Connie and Bobby will have moved out of Arlin and probably only be guest on the show. Mihn and Kahn too.

I feel like the show had trouble deciding whether Arlen was a small town out in the boonies or a Dallas exurb with a population in the hundreds of thousands. I could see Bobby staying in the latter, and Khan and Minh being trapped there. Connie probably gets out unless she has some sort of meltdown though, yeah.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nigmaetcetera posted:

According to the show, Arlen is 96 miles from Dallas and has a population of 145,300.

One episode does say that, yes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Bobby: I'm not gonna need my toys any more. After I learn Sex Ed, I'll be too busy dating.
Joseph: Who?
Bobby: I don't know. Whoever wants to have sex with me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Those tanks look like they could use a wiping.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Montreal? laertnoM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

I actually wouldn't expect any lines from any character. If it's anything like the Nicktoons Smash Bros game, they won't have any voice acting at all. New lines or prerecorded samples.

That thing sure came and went huh? I think the lack of VA was a big factor.