Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Cuomo is ... *check notes* pretty bad.

But possibly scared of getting his rear end primaried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Chelsea should be forever tainted merely from association with the worst thing ever made, even if she had zero involvement in its production:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrEmQk3u88U

I can't believe this didn't win us the election!

I'm now using this as some sort of masochistic endurance test to see how much I can watch before punching my computer screen.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

update: 2:54 before I tried to close the tab with my fist.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Haha the NKD meeting is literally in the Rap Genius office right now.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

The NKD people talking about the convention basically said:

1) There's a policy group forming to study the possible outcomes and strategize about it.

2) Cautious optimism that a convention could finally allow for a lot of progressive and anti-corruption reforms being perpetually blocked by machine politicians on both sides to finally go through.

That being said, I don't know enough right now to say how realistic that optimism is. OTOH if you told me IDC types and machine Dems will use labor fear to poison the well against a convention... I probably wouldn't find that too far fetched either.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Tweezer Reprise posted:

hi i live upstate please kill me

Just wait for the fracking chemicals to slowly poison you to death.

I can't actually remember if we banned fracking or not, I just assume everyone upstate are Trump voters angry liberals won't let them drink poison water.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

As a Democrat, the only thing I hate more than Donald J Trump is winning elections!!!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

Any other year yeah he'd sell us out for a dollar slice but we could try to convince him it'll help him for 2020

Also he'll just get IDC to take the heat for killing it.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Technically panhandling is one of more than one very small number of unpleasant options for getting money once drug addiction and crippling mental health issues have ruined your life.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Ol Standard Retard posted:

uhhhh how is this constitutional? I've been asking that question a lot these days so maybe I shouldn't be surprised but what the gently caress? Authoritarian is right, holy poo poo.

NY Dems immediately flip hardcore right wing as soon as the word "Israel" appears.

Also they probably know it's an unconstitutional showboat piece of poo poo so why not just bank the pro-israel points and move on.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I'm not in a position to assess the quality of the scholarship, but I thought it was informative. Guy needs some serious editing work though.

Edit: although I just checked the reg date and that does scream crank.

mrmcd has issued a correction as of 04:23 on Jul 21, 2017

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

uncurable mlady posted:

$200 million in tax credits a year offset by estimated $180 million in tax revenues

walker makes cuomo look like a master negotiator

They should just give $20 million to like 200 poor people.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

"IDC filled with horrible shitheads all the way down" reports this year's least surprising news story.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Anyone have opinions on the Brooklyn DA primary? Gonzalez has continued some of the work of Ken Thompson but shows a worrying pattern of playing nice with the usual NYC politico shitheads. The PBA endorsement is not comforting either.

Fliedner apparently has some endorsements from progressive groups and old Bernie people. He was also glad handing with his husband while shitfaced at Brooklyn pride this year.

I don't know anything about any of the other candidates and there seems to be very little coverage or campaigning for a race with six candidates.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Vaccines cause Green Party voters.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

i know a guy whos a cable puller at a tv studio and the gig is pretty sweet sounding with high pay for short hours and the union gets all up in mgmts face over every thing while my teachers union lets me get walked all over on a long day and im still waiting for money bloomberg owed me while another contract slowly expires and i get shortchanged for another 5 years when blasio inevitably decides to not give a poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BG1TQ_zAGI

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

?

Taxing high earners is the most popular choice on there! Folks,

:rimshot:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

If you take the super optimistic view, maybe it just means they have to buy lots of business cards now

This is outrageous. My tax dollars being used to buy business cards for public employee union members?!?!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

the people's republic of Vermont is right there and is a kickass state. I miss Burlington a lot.

Will Bernie give me a six figgie computer touching job? Because the commute from Vermont is pretty brutal.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

move to Vermont and get a job with burton or something. there are a decent amount of tech jobs for you google tech bros up there.

TBH if I were to do the chill life in a semi-rural outdoorsey state thing it would probably be somewhere in mountain time zone.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I imagine it's largely a function of if you live in a neighborhood without good trains and have somewhere to park it affordably at work.

I don't have any hard data though sorry.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Called it.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I know they are both pieces of poo poo in SI, but Grimm got loving stomped lol.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

You know, it's really unfair how no one is discussing that Crowley's impressive ad spend allowed him to win the popular vote in the metro Los Angeles television market.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1012795243668934656?s=19

hark! the end of anonymous subway travel.

the mta's payment tech will be raided by ICE and other fascist agencies and used to track, criminalize, and assault New Yorkers. Say no to app-based travel.

This gives the MTA far too much credit in terms of technical competence. Besides, it's not like cash top-ups for whatever their lovely version of an osyter card is won't be a thing.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mandoric posted:

Easypay just logs it in the account interface which the employer is free to set up because they administer it as a benefit. It's also publicly available for realtime scraping by API developers or via a FOIL request if you have the card number. There's a guy over on Reddit who allegedly found his employer keeping full logs internally, and the replies are full of "oh yeah sure you can totally do that this way".

Oh, so the employer setup the account and just downloaded it because it's something the account holder has access to. That's like saying "my employer setup my gmail account and has the password and can ready every email I send!!!"

That's pretty different from inplying employers can track every MetroCard. Presumably wageworks and such this wouldn't happen because you buy your own MetroCard with the credit card thing.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Mandoric posted:

Correct, if you buy your own through credit added on Wageworks and the employer doesn't get a receipt which happens to include the card number, you're fine.

If the employer buys it directly rather than buying you Wageworks credit, which is possible through other suppliers, or if the card number is supplied to the employer, trips can easily be tracked.

I guess my quibble is saying that employers regularly track transit "benefits". Reddit dude had a card given to him by his job because his job involved riding the subway all day, it wasn't his personal commuter card pretax or otherwise. It's analogous to an employer keepimg track of tollbooth receipts from company cars.

Now, if the MTA will just hand out trip history to anyone with a metrocard number and no other verification or legal order, that's a different and more concerning privacy / stalker risk (because people don't consider the back of their metrocard a sensitive thing). I can't find anything that suggests they'll give you that without a legal order aside from one dude on reddit who was like "yeah API probably has it I bet".

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Offered without comment

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

KomradeX posted:

Because she's got my support

Vote Nixon if for no other reason Cuomo is a piece of poo poo who would get kicked out of office in any just world.

He's totally gonna win though.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

deblasio made the entire NYPD mad as hell and for that he's ok but as a mayor he's bad

Made the whole NYPD mad for the obscene insult of implying that maybe kinda sorta cops shouldn't just be allowed to murder minorities without recourse or accountability.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

In other Hamilton news: https://bklyner.com/michelle-obama-knows-nothing-of-the-michelle-obama-political-club-does-not-endorse-hamilton/

quote:

No matter the intentions, officials for Michelle Obama denied any association with the club. When contacted, officials in Mrs. Obama’s office were not aware of any political club in Mrs. Obama’s name, and confirmed that she has not endorsed Hamilton.

Just unbelievably dirty. Like cartoon villain dirty. Like this-isnt-even-believable-fire-these-hack-writers dirty.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Protected bike lanes not only reduce traffic deaths (for everyone, by forcing people to driver slower and not treat urban areas like a speedway) but they also have the bonus benefit of really pissing off the shittiest, most entitled rear end in a top hat drivers. It's win-win!

Plus you can ride a bike in them!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Uggghh Cuomo is such a piece of poo poo ugghhhh...

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I mean it seems like she's a pretty green candidate making a lot of unforced errors, sure, but it's also a state senate primary. I suspect AoC spooked incumbent bad Dems enough that the smear oppo research machine is having some sort of extreme antigen response.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Also throwing accusations of antisemitism and fake Jews at anyone who doesn't lick the taint of the Israeli right wing has been a standby of racist shitheads of either party for a looooong time now, especially in NY.

See also, the gov primary race.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

soooo civil court judges? how do I choose?

I’m pumped to vote for Nixon/Williams/Teachout/Salazar tomorrow but I don’t know where to find a good guide on civil court judges

There's basically no way to get any information because the who judicial election system in ny is a huge shady scam.

Anyway, as far as I can tell your best bet is to just follow the Approved/No Approved from the NY Bar Association: https://www.nycbar.org/media-listin...n-new-york-city

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

There's actually several lines at my polling place in Park Slope. This is literally the most busy I've seen it outside of the 2016 general.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

zakharov posted:

I was voter number 8 at 7 AM lol

High turnout!

Also: Voted!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Jessie Hamilton looking like he might go down too.

Senate and Lt Gov (lol) only bright spot in this primary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Ah poo poo one more thing are the returns for Peralta’s district in

He looking awful bad right now too.

IDC blood for the blood god.