Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

The galaxy fold was sort of neat to play with at the phone store, shame about the two week service life

Apr 7, 2003

I thought 5g was going to enable the future of connected cities

Apr 7, 2003

I haven’t paid attention to the android market for a while, pretty cool that the “open nature” of android has pretty much just been boiled down to Samsung.

Apr 7, 2003

I have never owned a Samsung product that wasn’t a tremendous piece of poo poo, including a very expensive refrigerator that would randomly fire ice cubes across the room and lost the ability to circulate air due to condensation and ice build-up.

Apr 7, 2003

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

video got taken down. what is it?

It was a mirror! lol

Apr 7, 2003

a game where you win by talking to everyone's manager, called Serious Pam

Apr 7, 2003

Midjack posted:

i think a goon worked on the steamworld games.

another reason to not try them

Apr 7, 2003

A game about cooking your Easter dinner, called Serious Ham

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

the google model: works acceptably some of the time, occasionally shits itself badly enough to take down the local cell, stays in "beta" forever so they never have to address the underlying issues

I haven't used an android phone since I had a Galaxy Nexus that would randomly hard lock when I tried to play my music because I had too much music. Playing music is a core feature. Come on.

Apr 7, 2003

qirex posted:

the only really bad thing in rogue one is the contractually obligated shoehorning in of old movie characters. they should have just hired some other ancient british dude to reprise tarkin and left out the classic droids, vader, leia and the blockade runner

It's a Star Wars movie. It's bad by default. 45 year old men lined up to watch a saturday morning cartoon movie meant to sell toys.

Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

bullguy was complaining that fedex refused to deliver his fourth new phone of the past year a day earlier than scheduled

I haven't owned an Android phone since 2011. Been pretty good.

Apr 7, 2003

Soricidus posted:

beep boop why does human expend resources on status symbol

They're spending money on poorphones though

Apr 7, 2003

Clearly a hundred grand per unit well spent, no one even remembers it.

Apr 7, 2003

tim cook stole my messages

Apr 7, 2003

I stopped talking to my brother after his messages started coming in green bubbles.

Apr 7, 2003

android users should be bullied

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

watching google and samsung try so, so loving hard to make android phones something other than a poor man's last resort has been an enduring source of lols

they've both spent billions on "flagship" devices that sell to approximately no customers, and android remains the phone for people who couldn't afford something better

just money poured into a void, an endless chase for prestige they will never attain

ah, the Dollar General of phones

Apr 7, 2003

gotta respect that grift

Apr 7, 2003

No games chat

Apr 7, 2003

infernal machines posted:

what's the system RMS uses because it has a "free" cpu?

give OP one of those

every time I see his name I have a sensible chuckle about his secret horny business cards that he gave to women

Apr 7, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

android users: simultaneously too broke to get a credit card but constantly able to afford 1.5k$ phones

lol that the andorodird user excuse was "apple is too expensive" right up until Samsung blew past the iPhone price points without breaking a sweat

Apr 7, 2003

LastInLine posted:

"i only buy on specs unfortunately i have no idea what any of them mean"

this is the perfect dyp poster

The eReader thread is currently discussing buying janky eInk devices that run anroid from aliexpress and getting the google store to run on them.

Apr 7, 2003

the android is coming from inside the thread

Apr 7, 2003

Amethyst posted:

eink owns. I love my 2nd gen kindle

Kindle devices have been bar none my favorite tech devices, the build quality is good, they have longevity, and they are unobtrusive. They do one thing and they do it well.

Apr 7, 2003

Boox

Apr 7, 2003

That name makes think of this other incredible mistake in product naming

Apr 7, 2003

German manufacturer who didn't have the necessary cultural consultants to pick a good name

Apr 7, 2003

android

Apr 7, 2003

carry on then posted:

in case anyone is wondering, bull does indeed own 3 $1000+ smartphones which he swaps between out of bordeom

Having a third arm grafted on like Ford Prefect so I can triple wield my phones like liquid metal extensions of my hands

Apr 7, 2003

Kyocera did this in like 2011 and it failed miserably lmao

Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Kyocera did this in like 2011 and it failed miserably lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7A9lcwQQ0gI

Apr 7, 2003

Remember 1995, when it was cool enough in late August to dress like this

Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

think back to 1995. their competition was Apple, who people weren’t sure was going to make it to the next century, and $10000+ Unix workstations. even nt was still resource intensive enough as to not be aimed at the home market

for home users consumer grade windows was basically the only game in town

I like to think about the original Macintosh which was $8400 in 2020 bucks and still sold well enough to continue development.

America was a different world back then.

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

tbf apple was also like 1/1000 the size it is today. they weren't selling Macintoshes at iphone scale.

No one is selling anything at iphone scale except iphones, bad example.

Apr 7, 2003

Well, that's done with now that you're here.

Apr 7, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

daily driving my new cubot king kong mini with l33thax~~//tw1neditIOn(OC_mod) overclocking and custom store

battery lasts about 2 hours and the phone burns my hand and i can't login to my bank accounts anymore but other than that it works extremely well

Lol I haven’t thought about custom roms in a long time. That’s a scene that didn’t last very long

Apr 7, 2003

Cyanogenmod died four years ago, that's pretty funny.

Apr 7, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

p sure bullguy now has four telephones

my phone screen refresh rate is very important to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

in quebec instead of april fool's you have "poisson d'avril," april fish, and the goal is to surprise people with a paper cutout or small toy of a fish. that's the entire prank. your mom gives you a bowl of cereal and there's a plastic fish in it. you go to work and your mouse isn't working and you flip it over and there's a paper fish on the sensor. someone tapes a fish to your back and you walk around like that all day. it is possibly the best prank humans have ever invented.

Jesus, Canada is so loving stupid.