Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Jeeze the start is already kinda rocky; this is going to turn into a flaming pile of garbage fast and it's going to be an amazing journey. Thanks OFS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Didn't think about that. How about a cascade of pleasing cool colors?

I really love how the guy who made this thought adding NUCLEAR would be this cool edgy thing.

I bet he adds split evoultion paths for some pokemans where they MUTATE too

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Crosspeice posted:

Let's Redesign Pokemon Uranium Because It's Trash

This sounds great. Lets do it.

Everyone picks a uranium pokemon then gets to redraw it and we replace the sprites with the re-draw.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Why is zapdos fire now

gently caress

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

krisslanza posted:

So you mean the Cazadors, right?

Them or the loving army of Deathclaws in the quarry.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

get that OUT of my face posted:

The unique Pokemon in Uranium look uninspired, but they've got nothing on the ones in Quartz. The starting three Pokemon are all different colored eggs, and also there is this ugly bear that somehow has the ability to charm the gender opposite of its own.

I don't remember the storyline from Quartz, though, and I know it had better design decisions.

Turdbear

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

senrath posted:

In my experience, most webcomics are written by people amazingly far up their own asses. The good ones aren't the norm.

Is it wrong I enjoy Order of the Stick?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dexie posted:

So I decided to look at the Uranium wiki, at the 'official' art for the new 'mons...

Barewl looks a little better than his sprite?

It still doesn't look great or anything, but at least you can kind of tell it's supposed to be a little rock guy wearing a weird helmet, and not whatever the sprite is supposed to be.

It'd probably look better without the tail and with it's body being closer to Geodude's in texture.

What IS it though?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I brought Pokemon Y and a 3DS to play after a bad break up a few years ago. Got up to fighting the Legendary and haven't played since.

This LP is making me want to play it again purely on the grounds of not being a poo poo Pokemon game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Disclaimer: I do not recommend searching for anything on DeviantArt, especially while at work; because the last thing you need is to be fired from your job for accidentally viewing art of a car with beasts loving a horse.

I goggled "Fanemon" and the first link was a hash tag search on deviantart. Here are some of the cooler drawings and/or concepts I found while scrolling around.

Alternate evolution!

Neat ways to get type combos to work conceptually!

Just great design space usage!

Dono about you gently caress-o's but I'd let Wanana and Globber onto my team anyday.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rangpur posted:

Kool Animal Factizzles: not only is eucalyptus poisonous to just about everything other than Koalas, it's also complete garbage nutrition-wise. Koalas preserve their ecological niche p. much by being the only animal that can live off the stuff. Of course it's not a diet that allows for much activity, which is why they're such lazy little shits. Stupid entitled drop bears.

They go like loving greased lightning on the ground though. Like they loving gun it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rannum posted:

Yeah. Until XY, all starters only had a basic attack and some stat up/down attack (Growl, Leer, Withdraw etc).

But XY-on made sure to give all of the starters their special move and not arbitrarily leave one without it.

I really REALLY need to finish X/Y.

It includes my new favorite pokemon even! (after snorlax)

Love you Sword-looking-pokemon.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

EclecticTastes posted:

I get the impression that Steel's resistance to Ghost and Dark were removed specifically so the Honedge line wouldn't be completely overpowered. If its only weaknesses were Fire and Ground, Aegislash would be pretty devastating, I'd think.

I have an irrational boner for Steel types.

Metagross was the previous 2nd favorite now knocked down to 3rd.

Also love you giant metal-hell-spider

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Spatula City posted:

poke Australia would be, if anything, more horrifying than Alola, which is already lowkey terrifying. Nintendo simultaneously went brighter and cheerier and at the same time more genuinely unsettling with Sun/Moon. Bewear is kind of the perfect encapsulation of the Alola Experience in that regard.
for poke-Australia, I'm just imagining a cassowary Pokemon with a Pokedex entry that's like "An effort was made by humans once to exterminate them, but there were casualties, and now humans do not enter their territory."

:agreed: they could have at least expended poke'rest of the planet before they moved into Sun/Moons extradimensional pokemon poo poo.

Doduo post. My bad.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lord Koth posted:

Eh, plenty of people have a bad tendency to hoard their master ball indefinitely anyways - "But what if I need it later?" syndrome - so them forgoing the free one isn't really that bad on its own. Besides, real players want their team to match and catch everything they want to use in premium balls (or dusk). :colbert:

I try to have different balls for each, they look cooler :(

Also Backhoedragon is now our main pokeman. We must use him now and forever because he is a loving backhoedragon.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Where is the Lead based pokemon?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Lol if an inanimate carbon rod isnt the legendary

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Johnny Joestar posted:

the gen 1 nostalgia will never stop being funny considering a lot of the actual gen 1 designs that i think of when people continually talk about how uninspired the more recent gens are

One of my favorite Pokermans is Snorlax, because he is just a big fat bear-thing. Like that's his special power, being big fat and sleepy.

This is great design.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

freshlybaked posted:

Is that 'official'? I don't like it but it's only a bit more grim that some other Ghost Pokemon dex entries. Then again, the design is so tied (chained?) to the concept that you can't really distance them.

Yes. It's on their Wiki.

It also evolves when traded into a literal angry spirit of vengeance that wants to rage out against the person who let it die and looks like black goop flooding out of the orifices of the substitute doll.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

Tomb of Horrors is actually fun though

I still remember reaching into the demons mouth to pull the "hidden switch" only to have my arm ripped off by the mini-portal in there.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

If I recall correctly it was more like "these are ordinary valueless doors, with an enchantment on them that causes them to behave exactly like adamantium unless they're removed from the dungeon." Which always struck me as kind of a cop-out, but I guess you need that kind of thing to keep the players from just disassembling the entire dungeon using high-yield mining magic or something.

The whole thing was a dick move against people who just wanted to roll dice to check for traps, declare traps found, avoid traps, find boss, roll dice to kill boss, get loot.

You had to REALLY think outside the box to get through it all.

The final "boss" of the classic ToH was a skull that could only be hurt by +5 Weapons (really loving powerful weapons), literal gemstones being used as weapons (1pt of damage per 10k value!), Wizards casting spells from the Astral Plane (which was chock full of demons in the area) or Clerics smiting evil (of which they had limited uses per day)

It also didn't fight back at all but if you tried to touch it it would insta-gib you and eat your soul. If 8 people got eaten it would teleport the remaining party members loving miles away from the tomb with a curse making every attack made against them ALWAYS hit. Also if you were smart enough to ignore the skull and just go straight for the loot you would encounter a phantasm that wouldn't actually STOP you from taking the stuff but would threaten you enough that if the players preemptively hit it; then it would power up to a level-draining monster and ruin your face.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

LAY-ZX posted:

This is a cute idea, but it also annoys me, because doesn't this mean they changed the rules of how evolution works? In the official games, if a Pokemon hits a level to evolve but then faints and isn't revived by the end of the battle, doesn't it just not evolve? Removing that limitation for the sake of a single Pokemon seems bizarre. Or am I just misremembering and complaining at this silly dead mushroom for no reason?

No pokemon evolve even if they are fainted post battle. IIRC you can eve evolve fainted pokemon with stones if they are able.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Herr Tog posted:

proof: cubone

I still standby Cubone is a baby Kangaskhan. Which confuses me because then what is Marowak?

Also Alolan Marowak is the poo poo. Fire/Ghost instead of single Ground typing? :getin: Also looks boss.

Edit: Oh man Alolan poke's in general. Fuckin' Alolan Ninetails is an Ice/Fairy? Alolan Muk is RAINBOW and has the Dark typing as well? Shiiiiiiiiiit.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 21, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Pokemon Sage art, now I go look it up, looks totally better than this. Like it's male-female are different Pokemon/combo Pokemon are Romeo and Juliet jokes.

Except for our sweet sweet DRAGONTRACTOR

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Mar 22, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Bloody Pom posted:

I had a read through of the Pokemon Sage pokedex, and I can't find a single one that would feel out of place in a real Pokemon game. Sure, there is some overlap, but for a project to create a new dex from the ground up there's bound to be some rehashed concepts.

Sorta puts how bad Uranium is into perspective, really.

I was thinking just that. Nothing feels TOO outlandish and the design concepts that are a bit off the beaten track are still ones you could reasonably see.

Sorry DRAGONTRACTOR but you're just a bit too Digimon for my Pokemon game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Can we just agree that Ghost type is the best type.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Sorry yall but Ghosts are the best. They are spooky as gently caress and have sweet sprites 100% of the time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok just gonna float these two questions:

a) There is a PC/Mac program that does pokemon battles complete with all the EV/IV/Whatever bullshit that the games do simulated down to the last detail for the most part right? With out being a virus ofc.

b) float: Let's Play Pokemon Goon Tournament.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Johnny Joestar posted:

uranium seems to have a 'thing' for giving canon pokemon evolutions of its own. they generally just really suck for the most part

As I posted a few pages ago there was this great run of Fanemon that had evolution for pre-existing mons and they looked great. Empriallia looks like poo poo already then you compare it to this rather spot on idea of a Primape upgrade:

And it looks even worse.

Edit:

Holy dick I found the Digimon that they ripped our favorite DragonTractor off of:

Dammit Uranium why must your great parts be stolen.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 25, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dang MissEchelon of Lets Play Megaman Battle Network fame doing art? Noice.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

EclecticTastes posted:

The thing where the doomsday device used in the backstory of X/Y split Pokemon into multiple timelines, leading to Delta Episode and setting the stage for the Ultra Beasts.

Wait so Omega/Alpha aren't just remakes they are an alternate time line of R/S?! SHIIIT

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Vinylshadow posted:

Why imagine when it's a reality?

N isn't even a loving playable let alone likable character gently caress

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Diakatuna is an amazing name

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Scarodactyl posted:

But what if we pushed it in the other direction?

(seriously though I was expecting something more like this from the description).

I kinda want that as an AV now that is some excellent gif work

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Endorph posted:

instead of a racist pokemon game, let's talk about this instead:

https://twitter.com/probzz/status/867945944016314368

I lost it at Plucca. Only Australians will get Plucca.

Edit: Holy poo poo Bindee and Errwinn the old 2-for-1.

I kinda feel I should go through each of these and explain the joke for non-Australian's cause its a rather good run.

Edit 2: lol im 5 pages behind

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 30, 2017

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Rats Tossbag posted:

If anyone who isn't Australian understands "Theraynsarere" I will be absolutely amazed.

e: also Rainboa is an amazing pun and concept, I wasn't expecting Dreamtime stories in a list of dumb Aussie stuff.

I don't know if its insulting to have the Dreamtime in with all the other junk like VB though ya know.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Aw man they don't explain Errwinn properly. And Not Bindee every well either.

For those not in the know Errwinn is a reference to Steve "The Crocodile Hunter" Irwin. A famous Zoologist known for his very thick accent, can do attitude and lax OH&S around animals. Steve got famous internationally, and nationally, for his television series "The Crocodile Hunter" where he and his wife Terri went around Australian (and later the rest of the world) trapping crocs. The show made is cry of "Crikey!" very popular. Steve also owned and operated one of the the most popular Zoo's in Australia "Australia Zoo."

Other a famous actions of Steve included: Advertising internationally for awareness of Australian quarantine laws (Quarantine matters. DON'T MUCK WITH IT! *agressive finger pointing*), running a conservation group and very, very infamously dangling his infant daughter over a crocodile pen. (The daughter being Bindi, as referenced in Bindiee the previous entry NOT named after a particularly annoying weed that's seeds are covered in spikes and stick into you but rather, according to Steve, a Native Australian word meaning "young girl".)

Steve sadly died in 2006 whilst filming some reef wildlife off the East coast to stick into his young daughters TV show. He swam over a stingray in shallow water, which as a defensive mechanism started lashing out with its spiked tail. It got him through the heart causing him the bleed to death in his boat on the way to the hospital. This is why the Pokemon pictured here has Steve's sun-bleached blonde hair, big happy smile and is a fuckin' stingray piercing its own chest with a halo.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Cause apparently that guy didn't finish explaining all of them I shall but just in text no fancy picture version and frankly full of less trivia facts:

Boomer: A boomerang. A carved stick used by native Australians as a weapon for hunting and war. The war ones DON'T come back. Actually very very advanced technologically. (YOU carve wood in such a way it returns after being thrown, CONSISTENTLY)

Ranga: Second half to Boomer (Boomer-Ranga). Also Aussie slang for a red-headed person.

Kaboomerang: I honestly don't get this one myself beyond the aforementioned boomerang.

Theraynsarere: The Rains Are Here. Not 100% on this either but large weather events are both a blessing and curse in Australia. Often times there is drought where a spot of rain is most welcomed by farmers but typically when it happens it ends up being a LOT of rain and floods everything out. On the coast it's typically in the form of a cyclone (monsoon) that destroys fuckin' everything.

Fucnoath: Fuckin' Oath. Australian curse/praise. 'Mon is made of cool surfie hand sign.

Bludioath: Bloody Oath. See above. Thumbs up 'Mon.

Getfctcnt: Get hosed oval office. Australian greeting/way to get punched in the face. 'Mon is made of middle fingers.

Harbor: It's the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

Westgate: It's the West Gate Bridge.

Caramell: Caramello Koala, an individually wraped chocolate treat in the shape of an anthropomorphised koala. Filled with caramel.

Fredo: Freddo Frog, an individually wraped chocolate treat in the shape of an anthropomorphised frog.

Berty: Berti Beetle, an individually wraped chocolate treat in the shape of an anthropomorphised beetle. Has pieces of honeycomb in it.

Crookaburra: The kookaburra is native bird with a large beak and distinctive call, which sounds like laughter. A crook is a criminal.

Corrobberbee: It's a bee. A corroboree is a native Australian social gathering. Rob being a strong syllable implies theft connecting it to the previous entry.

Corrale: Coral. Duh.

Scooba: Scuba diving is a popular way of viewing coral reef's.

Reeef: It's literally Reef.

Speedo: Underpants like swimming wear. Also called togs or budgie smugglers. See Tony Abbot.

Stubbs: Short shorts for men, called Stubbies.

Trackees: Trackie's are track pants.

Lilbute: It's a small ute, called pick-up trucks by Americans despite being a kind of car and not a truck. Ute's are very big in Australiana where they are seen as a sign of Australia's rural, working class roots.

Yoobute: You beaut' is a contraction of You Beauty, a term used when referring to something in a happy, positive manner.

Elekidna: It's an Echidna. A native Australian animal that is a spiny anteater of the Monotreme family, that is mammals that lay eggs which are only found in Australia and some surrounding islands (and PNG).

Elekidyeah: Same as above but he's giving you the thumbs up bro. Yeah!

Vegemite: Vegemite is the super great breakfast of champions. It's a yeast-extract savory spread for bread or toast and often takes foreigners by surprise at its very salty taste as they attempt to lather it on like jam. Looks nothing like a wood louse covered in vegetables but you get the pun.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Woolworths still exists in Aus?

Is it the same as our dearly departed UK one?

I don't know of any other shop where you could buy a garden hose, a pack of crumpets and a "realistic" pissing toy doll baby on the same aisle. And randomly run into abandoned bags of pick-n-mix anywhere in the store.

I'm not sure if they are related honestly, but Aussie Wollies is still going strong despite their bungled attempt at the hardware industry.

Billy: Dual reference to the Billycan, a metal tin used for cooking in the bush, and the start of a Ned Kelly reference.

Dedkellee: Ned Kelly, famous Australian Bush Ranger (outlaw) who has worked his way into becoming somewhat of a mythical Robin Hood like figure despite never really giving money to the poor and being an actual criminal who, along with his brothers, murdered 3 police men. Wore homemade amour made from bashed and riveted boiler plates. Shot, captured and hung at the neck till dead for his crimes (murder, robbery and taking hostages in an attempt to avoid police capture)

Ranger: See above. Ranger has a an appearance close to Ned Kelly's armour (breast plate and pot-like helmet)

Loonaparc: A reference to Luna Park, an amusement park in Sydney. The entrance has a giant face where you enter through the mouth.

Spitthedummy: Spitting the dummy is slang for having a vocal cry about something, similar to that of a baby crying.

Chuckawobbly: Same as spitting the dummy, having a vocal cry loudly about something.

Fongg: A thong, also called flip-flops. Popular, some may say NATIONAL, footwear of Australia.

Sandell: A sandal, a kind of shoe.

Blunstonn: Bluestone is a local brand of work boot. Typically steel capped for added safety.

Chillby: It's an ice Bilbie, a native marsupial that looks like the half way point between a rabbit and a mouse.

Billbyte: A bigger Bilbie, not sure of the exact reference though beyond that.

Billblizzard: Same as above.

Goonfish: It's a Goon Bag. A plastic bag full of cheep cask wine, typically associate with alcoholism and bogans.

Caskfish: A box that your goon comes in.

Dinglow: A dingo, native wild dog.

Dinghost: Same as above.

Djinngo: Same as above but a pun on Djinni, a powerful spirit from Arabic mythology. Drawn with the tell-tale tail curl popular among modern renditions of the creature.

Combat: It's a wombat. A large ground dwelling marsupial with a big nose, heavy as gently caress body and claws for digging. Very cute.

Wombash: See above.

• Locked thread