Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/tropical-skeleton-dance-hiq-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-DYNAMICTHEME0036

Holy poo poo

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/aztec-temple-hiq-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4396-CUSA04449_00-DYNAMICTHEME0033

This is the only one I could see myself using, it's real good.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Harrow posted:

I think that's still supposedly happening, yeah. It's already off to a great start, too! Today, they just announced that dedicated Destiny 1 players can carry over... their character's appearance. And nothing else. People are very pleased about this, especially the ones who (foolishly) spent a ton of money on microtransaction emotes and shaders, and the Destiny subreddit certainly isn't throwing a fit.

Oh boy, that's an enormous fuckup. People have been talking for a while that what they bring over will most likely have a big effect on actual user transitions between games, and if it turns out the answer is "basically nothing" I expect Destiny 2 to have much lower numbers.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So what is going to be the big AAA release that actually satiates some peoples' blood lust for poo poo show reviews? Like they've been chomping at the bit to indulge themselves in the schadenfreude of a game that's been in development for years and has a huge budget go up in smoke once it's in the hands of reviewers and the gaming public at large.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

smooth.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

hey remember that time that the game you liked's director literally equated gay people to dogs having sex in the rear end

You gotta separate the artist from their work.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I'm in the same boat, it was weird watching an hbomberguy video and being vaguely aware that the guy people post funny GIFs of sometimes is now doing five-hour livestreams about commulists.

I find that especially funny because "i am secretly a nazi" was a running joke in his videos when he first started

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

if anything, i respect terry pratchett even more after, nearing the end of his days with his inhibitions, uh, inhibited, he wrote the foreword for his reworking of the carpet people where he took a mad potshot at george r.r. martin, because children, really, are the ones who write stories where everyone loves to go to war and kill each other and die

Jokes on him then, all the big franchises now are ones where everyone is dying and the world is hosed.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

What's the name of the movie director that raped an underaged girl and then fled to France to avoid extradition? Because a bunch of people ooh and ahh over his movies and how well directed they are and every time someone brings up the whole "separate the art from the artist" thing I always think about what it must be like to constantly have to think to yourself "yeah the guy may be a child rapist but drat if he couldn't direct a fine movie" without going insane.

Roman Polanski, and Chinatown is a masterpiece :colbert:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Was it Karin Traviss? It seemed like everybody was hiring her to write their tie-in fiction for a while. You've got to be aware that you hosed up somewhere along the line when even George Lucas thinks you suck too much to be allowed to write Star Wars novels.

I vaguely remember the game being good, and also the first book (the one she wrote before she skipped off the deep end).

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

looked at jontrons's feed today and yikes, what happened to this guy's brain the last few months

i would assume it gets more difficult when you have everyone screaming at you constantly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So I picked up gungeon during that sale and finally got around to playing it, and it turns out it's a really bad game! Who knew?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Guitar Hero Live's control scheme better where it's two rows of 3 buttons

I never trusted them to not abuse this and have rapid fire chords where it's .-. -.- repeated over and over again super quickly.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Serf posted:

I find that Polygon, RPS and Kotaku generally have a 50/50 ratio on decent articles when it comes to video games. Waypoint is really good and I dig their output in a big way. Hopefully we get more Waypoints in the future and fewer IGNs and Gamespots.

I have great news if you're looking for more content like waypoint, here's a great site to expand their recent goty coverage

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm embarrassed that an industry professional showed this at a conference

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

quote:

The Chapo Trap House hosts describe a failson as “twenty-six,” in Community College, and more interested “gaming and masturbating” than spending time with their family at Thanksgiving. Or, more compassionately as “nonessential human beings who do not fit into the market as consumers or producers or as laborers… Some of them turn into Nazis… Others become aware of the consequences of capitalism.”

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Which song is that?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I think Yooka and Laylee look fine, Yooka mostly. The rest on the other hand

That tonic machine t h I c c

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

So if Wildlands tanks does Ubisoft have the liquid cash to fend off a Vivendi takeover, or should we expect this to be one of the last gasps for them?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My question is what happened to cause the situation to spiral so quickly out of that poor woman's hands? Even the baby in its little jumper was in there before she was.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://gfycat.com/NegligibleHilariousGalapagoshawk

Oh gently caress :eyepop:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Wasn't that in the rare collection on Xbox one

he said 1080p

StrixNebulosa posted:

What....what am I looking at? Aside from motion sickness central?

Quake Champions. It's... It might be good you guys...

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_lWAN5dC9Q

It looks so much worse than a base ps1 game.

This video is a teaching tool to let you know that art direction is extremely important to how a final product looks regardless of how detailed you can make poo poo.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

They really need to fix the saturation, at least.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jontron actually isn't racist but is being led to spout this disinformation by the illuminati in order to test the willingness of millenials to change their beliefs in accordance to youtube people they love WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Are you sure it's not just a roundabout reference to the film Thinner?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

This thread is loving awesome.

*In Macklemore voice* nier doesn't hit till Friday.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

I'm starting to think the Games industry doesn't make sense. As far as I'm aware, no publishers have even tried "buy our console game digitally and save tenbux" even though that should theoretically save them money later by having one less used copy out in the wild.

:yooge: : You're devaluing the IP and by extension our brand by putting out our products for cheap like this, Jim. I'm afraid we're gonna have to let you go.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

fried ice cream. fried, ice cream

:siren: non-american spotted :siren:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mutata posted:

I joke among my game dev friends about bringing back "the golden age of advertainment" when they did fully-featured, full-price video games based on brands and products like Cool Spot and Chester Cheetah and poo poo. They laugh but inside I'm only half-joking.

A finger on the monkey's paw curls up, and suddenly you have eighty copies of Sneak King

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

RWBY also used a bunch of stolen assets in their models iirc. It bad

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

watch me swooce right in

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait what, they did??

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

It's card games and not video games but there are multiple tales of game stores telling Yu Gi Oh players that they aren't welcome any more...I don't mean specific players, I mean people who play Yu Gi Oh period...because the crowd they attract is so intensely toxic that it drives other customers away, and that's kind of a big deal since Yu Gi Oh is an extremely profitable game for many brick and mortar stores so for them to say "we don't want you here, go away" means they're willing to give that up just to not deal with the fan base.

I've heard that it's also because they tend to play for money in tournaments and that attracts people who act a lot shittier.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o&t=337s
Goty. GOTYAY

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol holy gently caress that wild card drop. this might actually be amazing.

The Key and tempo change on the fly is loving wild I'm extremely excited for this game!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxOtkClPa0o&t=2168s

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The Colonel posted:

make a new soul calibur where the entire roster is spawn, link, yoda, darth vader, lloyd irving, the main character of the newest tales game and

Talim and Tira are both really fun to play, Talim was my go-to when I played back in the day.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If I had to make a list of Best Games On Each Console I can remember it'd go Super Metroid, Sonic 3 & Knuckles (MJ mix), Majora's Mask, Crash 1, MGS3, Halo, Mario Galaxy, Mario Maker. I can't think of anything off the top of my head for the 360 / ps3.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I mean I guess nothing that Shepard does or did will have an impact on this story, so.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CJacobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3B5_HfH9FU

gently caress this song and several others that are in this general area of the GH World Tour setlist. Man, this one really dips in song choice partway through for some reason.

You've hit the part where they focus on cool songs for other parts, looks like. That's definitely a Drums song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I thought that dragon maid anime was like 100% titties, how is it pedo bait

• Locked thread