Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Beachcomber posted:

The sad thing is, neither of these are toilet plungers.

You really only need a toilet plunger, you can flip the flaps inward and it becomes a sink plunger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Found this on some squash I got from the market:

Me too, squash, me too.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

When I was in high school, I had a friend who maintained a supply of cyanide, 'just in case'. He gathered it by cooking it out of apple seeds, and would pass it around so we could all smell how almondy it was.

I wonder if he is dead yet.

I'm sorry to be the one to break this to you, but your friend just had a bottle of almond extract.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Jul 14, 2017

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I got this in an email from Vanguard to vote on their board...I ahve never seen a list of whiter white-person names in my life:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

http://local21news.com/news/local/catoonish-amateur-sketch-used-to-identify-lancaster-thief

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Emus aren't exactly the brightest creatures on God's green earth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0ZO79Aqxw

And yet Australia lost a war with them...

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Edit: https://jalopnik.com/pro-tip-dont-stick-your-head-in-a-tailpipe-1826794613

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Oh, so they like The Simpsons? Well riddle me this, smartguy.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

This part's true to life, all the birds I've raised go hog wild at the chance to eat their brethren when given the chance.

Yeah, is a duck eating a chicken any different than humans eating cows and pigs? Chickens and ducks are both birds, but not even the same family, and same with us and the mammals we eat...until we start mass-breeding monkeys and apes for food, that is. :chef:
Edit: Ok, just apes, we're not in the same family as monkeys, just order.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Exhausted_Dad_on_Vacation.jpg

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

"It's market price! That means it's fresh."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KXrQYWbbIs

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I will NEVER jeopardize the beans box of cables!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I went to this brewer today with a... questionable...logo:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Lobok posted:

"I can't help notice there's still no turnip-throwing" - guy whose first Mario game was Super Mario Bros. 2 whenever he plays a new one

They have a point, SMB2 (US) is the best one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/farmerdarrell/status/1685220995081150464

Just imagine having a nice walk downtown, you decide to cut through the Walgreen parking lot to save some time, and you get yelled at by fuckin' Hobocop.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

What's btv?

Burlington VT.

Ironhead posted:

I also don't think I've ever seen one of the security ones where you'd want to have a nice walk downtown. I did have my truck broken into right near one though, and the cops didn't do poo poo about it. I'm not convinced they all actually record.

It surprisingly is. Like...maybe a tad just outside the nicer area of downtown by, like...a block. But you can hear that thing yelling at people from the pedestrian-only street/mall a block away, and the people who run the Ronald McDonald house across the street, housing the families of sick children in the hospital have to be moved to a different part of the building because it keeps them awake at night:
https://twitter.com/farmerdarrell/status/1685220995081150464

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Shouldn't it be BVT then?

BurlingTon Vermont.
Duh.

It comes from the airport cord for our airport. Why they decided to make it BTV and not BVT is anyone's guess, because as far as I can tell, there isn't a BVT, so it was right there, free to use.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Not like "haha" funny, but this poster I saw in a brewery in NH has a couple errors:

Hedgehogs aren't native to the New World. While I'm sure SOME are out there in the wild, having either escaped or let loose, I wouldn't quantify them as a "Common Wildlife of New England."
Also odd they went with flying and red squirrels and not the FAR more common grey squirrel.
The American Pine Marten is also pretty rare except in the northernmost regions of ME, and maybe NH and VT.

And unless I am SORELY mistaken on mushrooms, Fly Amanita is not wildlife.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sorry it's not Trump-related, but why is Fry selling me Tamarind candy?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

New Masoki's (sp?) incoming

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Laserjet 4P posted:

Huh, I would’ve thought it would be SPQRaboo.

One syllable too short to fit the meter, get this poo poo out of my thread.

Edit: V V V that's an... Interesting pronunciation. V V V

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 23:51 on Sep 24, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I regret to inform you Fred Durst has entered his Cowboy Phase:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Fred Durst is funny as hell and I really hope this is him doing a bit. He hasn't shown any tendency to be a chud yet, hope it stays that way.

Really? Huh, well if I ever meet him maybe I owe him an apology, I thought he as full chud.

Why did I think that? Is there some other Nu-metal frontman from the late 90's/early 2000's that is a chud? And not the dead Smushmooth guy, that I knew.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Stuart Little isn't a rat or a mouse, God-damnit, he was a human boy who just happened to be born to look and be the exact same size as a mouse!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

bike tory posted:

The movie it's never actually explained what the gently caress Stuart is, but yeah they do go there and pick the rat as a little brother for their kid, over all the human kids.

I mean...if you decide you don't WANT a kid anymore, it's a lot easier to get kid of that little rat-LIKE-thing than a full sized human boy, ya know?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Look, we can all agree that in Western culture, buying chicken feet is already a little odd... But you really aren't doing any favors with the packaging here

Chicken paws?! That's the best you can do?]

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/oct/09/eighteenth-century-doodles-of-a-chicken-in-trousers-go-viral

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Tis the season:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007