Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I overload every method when I start a project with custom ones that work how I think they should.

For starters, the + method? Takes two ints and then turns them into strings and then adds them together. You want maths? Use Add(int, int) ya dummy.

I make these global overrides in every project I touch. I also do a lot of work for public githubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Tacos are sideways spicy burgers.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

I appreciate their efforts, but they were limited by his body and legs. He resembles a physique builder with a belly loaded with HGH.

Kwyndig posted:

I like how they tried but they couldn't do much with his body and legs. He's like a body builder with a large helping of HGH gut.

It goes deeper when the replies are drat near the same too. poo poo is spooky.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Remember the days forget the days blessings trouble

With punctuation:
Remember the days? Forget the days! Blessings? Trouble!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Cool Dad posted:

If you're not aware, it's almost entirely used as a slur against women in the US.

Nah I agree. I also think TFR should be shut down because outside the US being that passionate about guns is disturbing as poo poo and it's pretty offensive seeing it. So really, both sides of the fence issue.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So it's agreed, no saying the c-word, and close TFR and condoning the owning of weapons designed for killing shall be probated on the same level.

And here's a picture instead of just text! OC do not steal.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Who the gently caress's The Loop?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Data Graham posted:

Lol that version has been stuck in my head for the past couple of days thanks to this thread, I thought I was the only person who immediately thinks of it whenever trying to picture how either R&Rp2 or the Doctor Who song go

e: now to fall asleep to some Neil C. mashups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiFiUlzsf0U

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Lobok posted:

Buncha goons getting salty about punctuation in this thread, are you all on your periods?

Punctuation pedantry is dumb as hell but what does this mean?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

a sexual elk posted:

Imagine spending your life becoming the go to guy for this, then like 3 people knowing what the gently caress you’re talking about

That's called job security, my friend.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Yeah with a computer.. not a pencil and a test that covers 3 random things selected from 3 chapters of the text book with no guarantee that the professor mentioned the subject during lectures.

I swear professors are sadists.

I have never taken a university exam here (Australia) that allowed content not covered in class or with directions towards material. What the actual gently caress.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

credburn posted:

I haven't been in school for twenty years now, but do teachers let kids have their phones in class? Back in my day...

They can't even keep guns out of classes!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
As an Australian I don't think I've encountered anyone outside of very rural places that pronounce clerk and Clark the same. Honestly it's more weird that the "ar" and "er" are often overemphasized.

Anecdotes!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

He can't turn left, but he's got Blue Steel down.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

most people get their first parent at a much younger age

I'm taking my time, still shopping around. I'm sure one worth adopting will come by one day.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I feel like that means it's a bad set of guidelines if the thing they're basing it on doesn't meet the criteria lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Ouldway.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I have both auditory processing disorder and am almost entirely deaf in my left ear. It's a distinct difference in what's causing the issue. I can't even really lip read but it does tend to help me when it's the lack of hearing causing it.

I can usually tell when I can't hear because of lack of sound or because there's essentially too much or conflicting sound. It feels distinct to me.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Modal Auxiliary posted:

This is every white woman's favorite sexual position, change my mind.

Counterpoint:

Sexism am I right lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Just get the machines to fix the earth geez how hard can it be.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I like the part where he specifies the age range of 10 to 16, but like, the sexy part isn't for the 10 year old! No, just 11 and up probably. I don't know why anyone would actually write that, read it back and go "yep, totally good and normal, people will relate."

Soul Dentist posted:

Well the article was about Star Trek...

But also I guess they will lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"Sonic plushy: heavily used"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I make every attempt to be the loudest I possibly can when I have a orgasms, in order to assert dominance to the weaker ejaculators and ejaculatees in a large radius of wherever I happen to be.

I may not be the good at erotic predilections, but I am certainly confident and annoying.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I spent way too long making a dumb thing my brain said. Enjoy.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Coward posted:

Feel sorry for those poor Sexpo people lumped in with creepy weirdos.

In my experience the people I've known *working* sexpo are normal and perfectly fine folks. Everyone I've known who has gone to sexpo as an attendee tho, they tend to have something going on that, as Hank Hill would say, just ain't right. Purely anecdotal tho.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They never got around to inventing snow around here.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Maybe I'm just inventing poo poo in my mind but didn't the 4chan guy sell the site to the 8chan guy later?

And then lowtax sold SA to Jeffrey, really makes you question things hmmmm

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
"And is thiiiiis *yoooour* turd???"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Fired as in just random "we pay you too much lol" lay off or fired for a specific reason?

I can't help but conjure up a scenario where they were fired for identity fraud of some kind, cause it'd add an extra layer.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It actually goes:
Boomers
Gen X
Millenials
Boomers again
Zoomers
Millenials
Gen Z
Boomers somehow again
The really young ones
TBA

It's really pretty simple. Each generation is 2-25 years and the overlap varies greatly depending on moon alignment.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

the band was like 10-20 years old when they were.

I think a lot of people don't actually listen to twenty year old bands when they're in their teens and twenties. Also probably regional cause I didn't hear a lot of Steely Dan on the radio growing up. I listened to songs linked and I think I know a couple, kind of like how I know that one song from Supertramp.

But actually it's really weird and bad to not know the older bands I know so I agree. Everybody laughed at me for staning Bob Beluga and the Talkback Gang but I say they're the outcasts!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The worst instrument is whatever I'm playing, or at least that's what all my teachers said.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Taylor Slotht.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Illmade posted:

Why? One of the main points of crypto is that you don't need a bank to hold your money.

Cryptobros are all idiots and no one likes agreeing with an idiot.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Nutsak posted:

He's a bit horse.

I saw this and this invaded my brain so I made it and now you all have to see it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Merry is ˈmɛri
Marry is ˈmari
Mary is ˈmɛːri

Discussions like this are why we have IPA definitions.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Jabberlock posted:

It's all just reappropriated black slang from 10 years ago, as most slang is from the last 50 years

"Bop" is my favourite new term for a good song (replacing "banger") because it's also straight from 1920s jazz lingo and that's loving cool. In fact a lotta of 20's jazz slang is coming back around and I for one and here for it.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
They need to go bolder. Show a Big Mac and have someone just be like "I wanna smash that burgussy so hard. Go goblin mode on that burgussy. I want to do a seggs with it." It'll probably kill off the whole phrase and that'd be pretty funny.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
No we went too bold and looped around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

boofhead posted:

Incredible. And the mares?

AT LEAST two.