Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The whole point of the joke is "why would a snake person have mammalian features?" and they still gave her a navel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

cult_hero posted:

Why wouldn't they have one? Don't reptiles and avians still have an attachment to the yolk sac when hatched?

Yes, but it's only in mammals that the umbilical cord leaves a permanent scar. In birds and reptiles it fades away completely usually within a few days or weeks of birth.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Paladinus posted:

I can see the dude has feelings towards his saw, but I don't really see it reciprocating.

You motherfucker.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

But how is someone who says "awright" or "awthough" pronouncing those words wrong??

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Platystemon posted:

If someone says that donkey semen tastes like piña coladas, I’m not in a position to dispute it.

Maybe they feed the donkey a lot of pineapple that day?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Aramoro posted:

As an engineer and an engineering manager they are like loving genies. They won't do the simplest thing they might do the most complex thing if it technically does what you wanted. Where they differ from genies is that half they time what they do doesn't even loving work. Decided to do the wrong thing and gently caress that up as well.

In Navy boot camp this was called "nuking it" because the perpetrator was inevitably headed to nuke school.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

By popular demand posted:

Was there a reason to assign total fuckheads to nuclear powered vessels, beyond a nihilistic desire to watch it all burn?

High ASVAB scores and a bonus to recruiters who could find people willing to do it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

VanSandman posted:

I'll fight any idiot who hates on Dolly.

I'm with you and I've never even been to Tennessee.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkbFeu6IZwY

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

When you order your Star Wars from wish.com

Actually is that Donald Sutherland there in back?

EDIT: Nah, it's not. Just partial face-blindness, I guess.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

The DDao De Schwing!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
The Professor's yetiism is acting up again.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Etoniichuan posted:

I can listen to that at home.

The notes he's not playing that we have at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrlKxV5KWJo

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Gay dudes having no strings attached sexual liaisons in public toilets, actually.

So yes, just more open about it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

kiimo posted:

A better comparison would be to 45 year old Jason Sudekis, who is George Wendt's nephew so they have actual DNA in common.

Although that photo is hardly fair - Sudekis is groomed and dressed up to look as nice as possible for a red-carpet somethingorother while Wendt is done up for TV to look schlubby as per the character.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

It gets weirder:
https://twitter.com/pawnpower1/status/1416062940789149702

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You guys need to grow up.

That's a tall order, chief.

prayer group posted:

I thought what was funny about it was that he went straight from ten years in prison for forgery and bad checks to breathlessly caping for billionaires online. That's pretty funny.

It's this.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Mauser posted:

people do get kind of fixated on certain words or phrases and the one recently that's bothering the hell out of me is "indeed" and it seems like if you're the type of person who uses indeed even once, you're going to use it 100 times in your writing or podcast or whatever. Also, is 275 not like a crazy weight for someone at that height?

I'm 5'11" and just hit 250 as a result of not changing my habits enough after getting my thyroid gamma-rayed into settling the gently caress down. Gaining 25 pounds has been a whole new level of discomfort and self-loathing. I have to imagine that another 25 would be worse. I should be at about 180.

But in America, 275 at that height is not really all that unusual, no.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Dolton Edwards, "Meihem in ce Klasrum", 1946

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Easy to fix this by scribbling over the permanent marker with dry-erase, then wiping away the dry-erase marks.

I had students a couple years ago who had seen something like this too.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Considering our own tradition of emptyquoting endlessly and reaction smilies I'm not sure we have quite the high ground y'all are pretending to here.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Five stars.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Captain Splendid posted:

I think the limit with Michelin is three

Ah, merde.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MrUnderbridge posted:

My friend was from a small town in Texas. One of the local ranchers was proud of his champion charolais bulls, so he has a life sized, anatomically correct fiberglass reproduction placed on a pole at the gate of his ranch.

Needless to say, there's no telling how many coats of alternating blue and white paint were on those balls. The local high schoolers would sneak in at night to paint them blue, and the rancher would paint over them within a day or two. This went on for decades.

Chunks of fordite falling off like eggshell from a baby bird.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

What, no? No no thats a full bodied red wine. You're looking for a cornet here.

Nah, that's a goofy trumpet. Are you thinking of culottes?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

That's Quentin Tarantino and you know it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I call ovens hotboxes

Okay Alton Brown thanks for reminding us.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Inzombiac posted:

My grade school has placards above the utility closet doors with "No. 1, 2 etc." and I couldn't figure out what it meant.

Like no, only one person can be in here, or something.

I asked my teacher and she explained and I got made fun of by other kids for the rest of the year.

THERE IS NO O IN NUMBER gently caress YOU

There are a lot of holdovers in "proper" English grammar from a time when 18th century rear end in a top hat prescriptivists tried to enforce rules borrowed from Latin on a non-Romance language.

Like, the whole thing about split infinitives - "to boldly go" vs "to go boldly" - is because it's actually impossible to do that in Latin because Latin infinitives are one word. The "rule" against ending a sentence with a preposition is the same way.

In case you're still wondering, the Latin word for "number" is "numero" which got abbreviated as "No." by scribes, and that got carried over to English as well. There's actually a complete sign for it, "No" that most folks don't bother with nowadays, and "#" is more common in the US anyway.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

gbut posted:

new thread title?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

They are clearly playing Shadowrun.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

She's a pants-pooper OP.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Field Mousepad posted:

Comic books as literature? That's an actual college course? Amazing.

My wife took a whole series of literature courses for her minor on genre movies. One on scifi, one on horror, etc.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lobok posted:

Ah, so the Masturbating Mime act is actually ancient and wasn't invented by that guy outside my work.

Convergent evolution.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Well, there are dumber ways to be stupid. I like it.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Literally Esoteric posted:

You guys we have threads for music and I appreciate it but at least post something funny about your prog rock

https://i.imgur.com/gVAV0km.mp4

Tim Conway did it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

OwlFancier posted:

I wouldn't put too much weight on it, personally.

Right neighborly of you to offer this advice.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

TaurusTorus posted:

Meat is an underrepresented cocktail ingredient. Hell most cocktails contain no cock or tail and that's a shame.

Beef... It's what's for cocktail hour?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
I mostly got broken links, by a wide margin.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

KozmoNaut posted:

bottom right

heeheehee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Helios Grime posted:

I want to have a picture of someone wearing one of these long shirt stays and sit down.
It must look weird right?

There's just enough elastic to pull when standing. When you sit, it goes slack. No weird diagonal bunching of pant leg behind the knee while sitting, if that's what you're curious about.