Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is the thread title gonna be changed every 12 seconds like the last two Switch threads?

No, and if VideoGames does do that, I will politely ask him not to do that

gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I got Forza 3 at a midnight release. Some guy asked for my gamertag. I said I don't play online and then left as soon as I got my game.

cool

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

what does it mean for a joycon to be weedy

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

e; single player games

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

FireMrshlBill posted:

I Am Setsuna
Fast RMX or whatever it is called
Blaster Master (comes out on the 9th)

:whitewater:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

beergod posted:

And now they change the delivery date to Monday. loving hell. Is there anything I can do?

you probably hosed it up by doing stuff

should have just let it come in the mail

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

al-azad posted:

I stupidly went to Gamestop where they sold the console to two twenty something NEETs at 6pm and they were camped in the store until midnight.

Do I really need to say "gently caress Gamestop?"

owned

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

does anyone know how many levels snipperclips has?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

yeah its actually 430 to play, idiot

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

yes, unbounded hype always leads to disappointment

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

man nurse posted:

Hey so why is the wifi on this thing such poo poo? It won't find my network half the time, and when it does, the connection is so slow and unstable that I can't even update the console.

try turning it off and on again

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Loopoo posted:

PS: sources have said "don't remove joycons whilst the Switch is docked" cause it can cause scratches. So undock first then remove joycons. Something to do with how hard you gotta press the release buttons on the joycons, that pushes the Switch forward and scratches down the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0pnZOgSu-Y

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i hear its coming in the day 2 patch

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

is anyone having issues with the wifi?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

enojy posted:

It's just mild frame drops on the system's very first real game, which is more or less a port of a game than ran on different architecture. I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

yeah they probably didnt try very hard to get their launch zelda game running well

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Lobbies and stuff in general, are tied to the network phone integration stuff that doesn't exist yet. (Lol at that) but I would assume it will get lobbies and matchmaking when they, you know, exist on the system. They might not want to waste resources build something they don't have to, or it might not eve be possible to do that stuff until later.

but bomberman has lobbies

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

can anyone tell me how many levels snipper clips has?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

when does us puyo puyo tetris come out

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

the lack of traditional handheld / puzzle games in the us is baffling to me.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Game Freak already made HD assets of all the Pokemon. They future proofed themselves. They've been having the problem of needing to downscale for 3DS hardware. The rumored Pokemon Stars will shine on Switch.

“Pokemon has been about being portable, but now there is the Switch, which is a portable home console, so it has a bigger screen and higher specs than we’re used to,” Ishihara said, as translated by NeoGAF user StreetsAhead. “Apart from main games, we make stuff like Pokkén [Tournament] and [Pokémon Mystery] Dungeon, so I am thinking we should make games that suit the Switch, but at this time I cannot confirm any projects.”

Ishihara added that if they were to develop games primarily for the Switch, it would have to be different from the way they’ve handled making portable games in the past, but wouldn’t elaborate. It’s still unclear if the company intends to release a game like Pokémon Sun or Moon for the console.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Jebediah posted:

No no, there are that many idiots/ADDs/stupids. You have to literally be a dullard to do this wrong.

lol

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

silently stewing at the rooftop party as i struggle to remove the wrist strap that these loving drunk dullards put on wrong

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

why is there no virtual console on the switch

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Wendell posted:

I don't know, why?

having too many games probably confuses the messaging

people see it in the store and they think oh god now i need to decide which game to buy and they get scared and leave

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i watched the first half hour of this game and it seemed really boring and empty

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Mahoning posted:

I'm choosing to read into it that the Switch port is a last minute thing that they are spending extra money to port over quickly in time to launch it simultaneously on all platforms.

There's enough reports of the Switch being easy to develop for and the developer kit being super cheap compared to other consoles that I can't really think of another good reason for the price difference beyond having to rush it.

its not being released simultaneously

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

RZA Encryption posted:

Let's all encourage Nintendo to get into the race-to-the-bottom that is steam. Surely they'll keep pumping out excellent titles once they have to sell them for a nickel.

what?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

sorry, i dont understand what youre trying to say. why would nintendo suddenly be forced to sell their games for less money on steam? almost every major publisher puts out games on steam for full price all the time. why would the quality of their games be decreased?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Utnayan posted:

Or, a subscription to all VC titles for the Switch which is included in the online service subscription, hike the price to $59 a year which is in line for Sony and Microsoft, give full access to the library of NES/SNES ports, and you would see the Switch penetrate deep into an install base on this lead alone, basically forcing 3rd party to take notice due to the sheer amount of the target market. They aren't doing this. And they are missing out on a huge value add right here, which basically just amounts to backward compatibility anyway, but this time on the go.

terrible idea

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can't understand why Nintendo didn't make a console that's got
  • more power
  • less hardware issues
  • better launch games
  • better battery time
Really that just seems dumb to me. Oh, and also
  • cheaper
What I'm trying to say is that

:yeah:

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

it sounds like an expansion pack

but, you know, full price

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

do people really want to be comparing splatoon to call of duty and madden?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

VideoGames posted:

It's not an expansion pack because it's got all that new stuff in the multiplayer plus has a full single player campaign. Unless we're calling Titanfall2 an expansion pack?

ill allow it if it means i win the argument

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

How many games release on a new console with an expansion pack included for less than full price?

no youre right i dont think its unusual that its priced and named like a new game, i was speaking just about the reality of whats included in the package

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

but we don't actually know everything included in the package so????????

i do

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

pls spoil

it will have a mix of old and new content such that most people would classify it as a full price expansion

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

"These system sellers that failed to sell systems will surely sell the new system!"

do you even have a roof?

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Mahoning posted:

I do find it funny however how Wii U owners continue to gush over it and try to convince people to buy it. It's like they are trying to convince themselves that they made a good purchase. I have no doubt that those Wii U games were, in fact, really good. But c'mon. Just admit you bought a lovely dumb gimmick console.

lol can you imagine

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

You know, I can understand complaints and criticism, but why are there people in this thread that are trying to convince everyone else not to buy one or that buying one was a bad decision?

Like, just say "lol nintendo" and leave the thread.

that guy was talking about the wiiu not the switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

fivegears4reverse posted:

maybe we need two threads so people who get defensive about the new nintendo thing can go in there and poo poo that thread up as well

it'll be just like the wii u years, we could even buy new emoticons to indicate when we're going to SWITCH back to our preferred thread

careful, i believe this suggestion is a trigger to begin renaming the thread

• Locked thread