Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Literally kill dominoes pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watching a bomberman stream and holy poo poo this game has some god awful netcode holy poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Woke up this morning and they changed my delivery to Monday for some loving reason even though it's already in my city according to the tracking information. What the gently caress

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These fuckers at UPS think they can reschedule my delivery to Monday. Just spent like 45 minutes on a customer service call and got it pushed up to a supervisor because this poo poo is ridiculous. They don't even know why it was rescheduled loving useless.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
After being on customer service call for an hour I managed to get a supervisor and now my switch is out for delivery. Hell yes bitch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Was this through Amazon? Mine is still showing as preparing shipment and chat rep said it's still guaranteed for delivery today. :ohdear:

Best Buy dude. UPS wanted to change my poo poo to Monday for absolutely no reason.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Got my switch! The grip sucks, pro is a must

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Can't seem to find a pro controller anywhere in austin goddamn

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I can't loving believe that Nintendo actually was able to make zelda this good considering how much I loving hated twilight princess and skyward sword. Amazing

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Does snipperclips have online multiplayer?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

So is there any word on whether this has a digital download policy similar to iPhone/360/PS3/PS4/One/Steam/everything rather than the poo poo one from 3DS/Wii/WiiU?

If I buy something on their store, can I redownload it to a new replacement console with just my Nintendo account without calling Nintendo customer service and filing a police report? What about two Switches simultaneously?

Dude I wouldn't count on it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

anatomi posted:

I don't understand why 1-2 Switch isn't a pack-in title. It must've been conceived as one, right? What happened? Strange.

IMO it has to be because Wii Sports was a huge success and it wasn't a pack in in some countries (like Japan) that they probably got greedy and thought they can catch lightning in a bottle again. Even though they literally hosed this up when they launched the Wii U and Nintendoland wasn't a pack in either.

Policenaut posted:

So here's something coming to a bunch of platforms and one of them is the Switch: AWAY: Journey to the Unexpected. A first-person adventure game with 3D graphics, 2D characters, and some rogue-lite elements.

Whoah this looks kinda rad

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I would love for this game to appeal to the masses, but let's be honest, it going to be the gamers game. Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart will move units...Splatoon not so much. It will be interesting to see how much ad time and exposure they give it.

Splatoon did very well. It did real good numbers in Japan as well. When it releases its going to be next to a Zelda game and Mario Kart. Also possibly Arms.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Lemming posted:

I 100% don't understand this mindset. The only way I can parse this is "realistic = pretty, stylized = ugly"

The guy says he's 36 but this comment reads more like something a 13 year old would say.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

acksplode posted:

It's so good it makes up for Twilight Princess too. It's a loving revelation. I played about 15-17 hours this weekend and they flew by like nothing. I'm almost literally going to live inside Hyrule for the next week or two.

Seriously dude. Not only makes up for TP but SS as well. I now point to BOTW when my friends ask me why I hate those games since I always called them boring, and I would tell them I wanted something new. TP was so rehashed and SS was just boring/frustrating for me.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's artistically beautiful, as I said. I appreciate it as an amazing looking game within the restrictions of the hardware. But it does not look like a current gen game on a 4K TV. Edges "shimmer" in movement, textures are low res, and with very little on screen compared to modern games.

*sigh* Are we really gonna go this route

Game looks dope on my HDTV. I hope you bought the switch knowing it wasn't going to output to 4k.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ugh this game owns so hard why is it just for an hour

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Arms is actually good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

pissdude posted:

Consider that in fighting games, a big part of the appeal is "getting better through practice". Where's the gratification in just buying the game and being so good that you win off the bat?

get good nerd

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Play it on your TV in glorious 240p

wait are you loving serious

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zelder posted:

All these "I lost in this brand new fighting game, I don't like this game" posts kinda bum me out

Edit: obviously no one should feel obligated to play if they're not having fun, it's just a sad reminder why fighting games aren't as big as I'd like

just more fuel for the scrubquotes twitter account

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hace posted:

Good characters and presentation, just make it a different game!!

Its not a fighting game. Its basically virtual on.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

please stop comparing a Good Game with one that people are already getting tribal about despite only playing it for at most 2 hours

Arms is actually good. Sorry you are bad at video games?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
they loving did it

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

:yeah:

I still want to fight everyone in the face who claimed the XBX soundtrack was good.

XCX had a dope rear end soundtrack

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

one has a sick rear end japanese dude rapping over a nu metal ish beat that only japan could produce. The other is boring fantasy anime.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
What I'm trying to say is I love when Japan produces corny metal / rap music. Its my poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
lol the new MH looks dope as gently caress you nerds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zerilan posted:

And not on the Switch while MH has been almost solely on Nintendo systems outside of Japan since 2010.

Get a pc my friend. It's gonna rule.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rexroom posted:

So let me get this straight.

MonHun XX is for the 3DS/Switch - but ONLY IN JAPAN.
MonHun World is for the west - but ONLY FOR PS4/XBONE.

And to top it off, MonHun World is the next installment?

I remember that one rumor about Sony paying top yen to make a MonHun sequel exclusive to the PS4 for the Japanese market, but that doesn't make sense either. Why pander to westerners then?

What are you doing, Capcom?

MH World is gonna be released simultaneously worldwide West and East. Its also coming out on PC.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Metroid 2 gb (only because its dated as gently caress), Fusion and Other M are the worst Metroid games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Get into arms and pokken

pokken is lame

• Locked thread