Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Just from the slight inconsistency, I'll be expecting Goro to either die, or turn heel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Admittedly, I'd just give up and have the dub refer to them by their name, if I was in somehow in charge of dubbing decisions.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

You can't date people in Nocturne, so that's one point off for it.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I need to know if I can actually hear the Smash Bros announcer voice in his performance though. That will seal the deal. Which way will it seal it, I won't say.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Really wished being able to swap out people mid-battle wasn't locked behind a social link, let alone one that's not even a main character.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Really when it comes to education in these games (the occasional multiple choice question or lecture), what difference would college make other than no uniforms?

I know it won't happen because demographic and tradition, but I'm just curious if anything would be any noticeably different anyhow

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Tae posted:

Morgana is pretty chill, mostly has eyes for ann.

Can you get them to hook up?

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I think they just expect mos people to want to play the game twice, looking back through old events with later context in mind, and NG+ features just make that easier

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Supremezero posted:

Maybe if this wasn't a JRPG. If a character here had a name and a mugshot, and weren't a shopkeeper or already a confidant, they were probably going to become a party member.

Obviously everyone would know she'd be a party member just from the cover and intro, but that doesn't mean the actual introduction can't still be clunky.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Deltasquid posted:

P.S.: Could anyone link me the blog post Baal wrote about this? I was still going through the game when he posted it and I'm interested in his opinion.

I happen to still remember the blog name, in case you were still looking. https://thebaalpit.tumblr.com/post/159494049932/i-like-p5-a-lot-spoilers

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Just add crimes of fashion to their list of misdeeds.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Let's talk about Mishima's good points.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

It's unlikely, but I hope next Persona game, the protagonist is just a speaking character like everyone else.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Josuke Higashikata posted:

No no no

Goro and Robot Girls are good

Admitting you find Yosuke relatable though...

I think most of us would be lying if we said there wasn't a bit of us in him.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

The character models in P3 are hardly any masterpiece of animation to begin with, though. I admit it's been a long time since I played P3P, but I always thought the visual novel presentation and narration did a good job of carrying the scenes. Of course, that could just be because I played a lot of VNs in the past.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

When you say Persona 4 final boss theme, my first thought always goes to The Almighty first.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

I keep separating it as SM, then TV. So I keep thinking you're all talking about some hot new television channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

The song is what makes the Shido fight though, and it's what I most associate it with. Every other main plot fight, eh, probably could have just used Keeper of Lust or Blooming Villain. It's acceptably special for the bonus boss though, in my mind.