Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dragonwagon posted:

Black coffee is a bean soup.

If you put soy milk in it it's a mix of two bean soups.
Since the beans themselves aren't in the coffee, isn't it a broth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

syscall girl posted:

goatse is kind of a tradition here

it's not pretty but it's impressive

and i linked the work safe version
I don't think replacing the photo with a drawing of the same thing qualifies as "work safe".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Don't forget to look at the garagecar-hole.
The pile of indistinct pink things?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What happened now?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ariong posted:

Todd Rogers. Here’s a good video explaining the who and the why from before his records were stripped:
https://youtu.be/8e-H4sEHB54

tldr: The dude had friends high up in Twin Galaxies, which was the first and, originally, biggest place which compiled speedrun times. His times were absurdly sketchy, including a 1698 in a game that kills you at 1300, and a whole bunch of records that were so far ahead of the curve that they were ridiculous:

He first started gaining scrutiny a while back. One of his records was for an Atari game called Dragster, and people thought it was fishy for a while. More recently somone delved into the code of the game and found that, despite Todd Rogers having the record time at 5.51, it is actually literally impossible to beat that game in less than 5.57. That was the beginning of the end for him.
1698 in a game where score only goes up by 5-point increments or something, no less. Dude was lying all over he place, and extremely badly.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The fact that that guy made up so many fake records is funny/sad enough, but imagine being the guy that cares so much about the record on a game that most people have never heard of that he'd go digging through the code to expose him.
The funny part isn't really that he lied, it's that he lied so badly, and the admins of Twin Galaxies, the site keeping these records, went to bat for him so hard. It took ages for them to realize "wait, maybe we need to do something here".

Also, for reference, this is what Dragster looks like:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

"Digiorno For One Traditional Crust Four Cheese Pizza" is one word longer?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

It's no Kilroy

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Bloop posted:

"contribution to human knowledge" is the new word filter for contribution to human knowledge?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hihohe posted:

Shh, dont mention rare steaks, youll summon that guy who thinks anything but well done is poisoning yourself.
I grill my steaks until they're indistinguishable from the charcoal myself.

EDIT: Wait, personally monogrammed gun?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Just open your mouth wide and put the entire whole pizza in at once.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Paladinus posted:

I vaguely remember the rate dogs twitter also express some left opinions, so who knows. Incredibly stupid either way.
I'm pretty sure everything We Rate Dogs does is because they think it'll make more people look at it because the guy running it is a rich SEO professional. Like, before they started the account, even.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

vyelkin posted:

If you go back to the late 19th and early 20th centuries it was a Russian meme to kill yourself, no word of a lie
I believe the original Russian Roulette was actually much less likely to kill you than it seems, because the revolvers they were using had pretty lovely cylinders or something so the most likely position for the bullet to end up in when you spun it was "directly down, opposite the barrel" if you let it stop on its own instead of stopping it yourself.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

bike tory posted:

Meanwhile Thanos, the purple Hank Hill lookalike in the meme is from the recent Avengers movie where he is the villain who is trying to kill half the universe (like literally a magic trick that kills exactly half of the beings in the universe at random) in order to "save" the rest from overcrowding and scarcity. He gets manly sad feels because he has to kill his "daughter" (the small green alien girl in the picture) in order to pull off his kill 'em all magic trick.

Hence the "what did it cost you" - "everything" mirroring the success/tragedy of Thanos in the success/tragedy of Nintendo.
Note that this is extremely different from his motivations in the comics, where he just needed the Infinity Gauntlet with the Infinity Stones to kill half the universe, and his motivation was that he was trying to get into Death's pants.

She was not impressed.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

nickhimself posted:

It's not just media. Some people just desperately need *something* to identify with or they can't function.

I had a roommate once that told everyone she was a vegan and a lesbian. She wouldn't eat "anything with a face" and bisexual people were lazy/cheating.

She'd get drunk and eat chili cheese dogs almost weekly. Still claimed to be vegan.
I mean, chili cheese dogs don't normally have faces.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

this meme is getting out of hand

So somebody telling you to put your hands up is a Bank Robber DJ Preacher Cop Rollercoaster, got it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Melaneus posted:

Wait, are the Koopalings supposed to be kids? I mean they've been around 30 years now, but they don't necessarily follow our timeframe of course... but if they're kids, who let Wendy dress up in pink heels and put on all that lipstick then? Oh no, no no, I already had a crummy week at work and now I've ruined my weekend too drat it all to hell
I don't think we've ever gotten a clear answer as to exactly what the Koopalings are other than "Not Bowser's Kids".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

No, Bowser just told Bowser Jr that Peach is his mom so he would kidnap her.
And she didn't seem to think it out of the realm of possibility that she was when Bowser Jr said so.

But remember that babies are delivered by stork in the Mario world. There was an entire game about it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

if I remember correctly BB-8 was a practical effect a lot of the time so it was, in fact, a sphere moving across sand just fine

so not only was niel "grassy" tyson being annoying, he was also completely wrong

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

NDT is "ackchyually..." made flesh.
:hmmyes:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Clitch posted:

There's no way they don't gently caress up Alita.
have you SEEN the design of Alita in the trailer

they already hosed it up

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hihohe posted:

This picture wont load for me. What is it.
It's a cat looking away from the camera.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Who What Now posted:

There's no way Steamed Hams was this year. It happened so long ago.
You wanna feel really old? Remember January 2018?

That was seven years ago.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ms Adequate posted:

Hey, who else remembers the meme "I want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride"? You do? Great! Watch this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFVm5R_dxoo
But is it slower than the Wheel of Life and Death? https://killscreen.com/articles/the-rollercoaster-tycoon-ride-that-takes-3000-in-game-years-to-complete/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfAHs-CP28g

EDIT: Y...es, but if I'm doing the math right the Wheel of Life and Death takes longer than the big loop in 12 Years Of Suffering.

double edit: No, wait, it's "Kairos - The Slow" that goes super slow, but doesn't feature much video documentation.

Zereth has a new favorite as of 08:43 on Dec 20, 2018

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

Three different ornate chests, this dude is definitely gay
There's only one chest in that picture.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

really queer Christmas posted:

Wasn't the bendy man a cyoa in gbs a long time ago
You're thinking of the Thin Guy.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

Scott McCloud is cool because he's been wrong about literally everything he's ever opined on, from the future of the publishing industry to music piracy to comics
I love how at least half of his grand ideas for webcomics to do that aren't possible for print comics turned out to be enormous pains to actually read when somebody tried them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dabir posted:

What were his ideas?
Things like "You could make a comic which goes any any direction! Go infinitely! What do you mean scrolling in any direction but "straight down" is a pain in the rear end on the internet"

I haven't read the book in ages.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

I have a feeling that even if I knew what this was meant to be, I'd find it extremely boring.

(:lol::laffo::lol: if it's meant to be the Doom cover because. It isn't.)
It's a parody of the Doom 2016 cover.

EDIT:

Jerry Cotton posted:

The gently caress is the poo poo on the left?
Doom 2016.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

EXCUSE me the Horned Reaper isn't a Keeper, he EMPLOYS Keepers (as of Dungeon Keeper 2, anyway)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Anybody else unreasonably bothered by gameboyed memes being 16:9

What kind of widescreen do they think we were rocking back then?
160x144 pretty much square
I'm more bothered by the sound being enormously beyond the capabilities of a gameboy there

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sardonik posted:

Bulletstorm's has four :colbert:
So does one in Warframe.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SoR Blaze posted:

I've only been listening to the Democracy Now coverage on Venezuela so my perspective is probably pretty limited on the humanitarian aid issue, and I wanted to know if you could elaborate a little further on this. From what I understand, the UN and the Red Cross are refusing to assist the US in delivering supplies because they say it's politically motivated, meme seems to check out to me but what the gently caress do I know I'm just an ignorant-rear end American so any light you could shine on this would be appreciated.
The guy in charge of the US's humanitarian aid efforts has a track record of using humanitarian aid efforts as camouflage for like, giving weapons and poo poo to groups to overthrow the current government, for one thing

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

Isn't that pretty normal for trucks?
Contrary to what Hollywood would have you believe, no.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Somfin posted:

What's I don't get it with you

henway

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Accretionist posted:

It's like a slightly racist Japanese man doodled out his id

bike tory posted:

the creator of attack on titan is a far right Japanese nationalist/imperialist/war crimes denier
You mean a very racist japanese man

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

TopHatGenius posted:

Post more reaction face memes TIA

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

snergle posted:

switzerland isnt in the EU!? also switerland is a country and not part of germany?
switzerland is famous for being extremely neutral, chocolate, and no-questions-asked banks

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

This, but Slayer, and there's no hesitation just smashing that second button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

poo poo, find a way to shove circumcision, tipping, and wiping sitting/standing in there and I think it's complete
also .9999999...