Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Evidence is the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
2.89 average for a group of roughly 50-ish random students is bad?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I suppose I’m unqualified to dispute that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

TVs Ian posted:

Is that similar to how banana flavor is based off a near-extinct banana variety and not the current, widely-available bananas?
No, not at all similar. Nearly half a million tons of Concord grapes are grown every year in the US.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Knormal posted:

There's a dumb guy at my work who was told to email out a scheduled time in 24-hour format, and sincerely asked his ex-Army boss if military time had 100 minutes in an hour.
I’ve worked in multiple factories that used 24 hours/100 minutes for time cards. So 6:45 PM was 18.75.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
If you’re a generation older than “Torn” you can substitute Soft Cell's Tainted Love.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Dave Grool posted:

wait what?
Gloria Jones in 1965.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
ACK!

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Trevor Hale posted:

What’s the rude name?
Fungi bags.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Glumslinger posted:

Why is the garage so tall?
Probably because there’s a walkway from the house to the turret on top of it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

mysterious frankie posted:

Oh man, for real?
No.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Milo and POTUS posted:

Wait is this the origin of this? I could have swore I saw it earlier somewhere else
This thread a day or two ago? As in, people were workshopping it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

freeedr posted:

To us olds 8 years ago is basically yesterday and this doesn’t make us feel older
Goodfellas is 30 years old.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

The Bloop posted:

Crusade is used more in the first book than jihad
No, man, not even close. 19 jihads to 1 crusade in the book Dune. 2-0 in the part of that book named “Book 1”.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

CainFortea posted:

That's a Fluke.
No, they’re pretty common.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You mean whole roasted almonds? Those are all over the place. Any grocery or Walgreens has them all the time.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

No it's an ice cream pop, far left flavor of number 8 on the image.
Oh, whoops.

And for nostalgia's sake I’d probably pick the strawberry version of that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Kroger started in Cincinnati and spread from there. They currently have stores in I think 35 states.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

SimonSays posted:

Ah heck, is that out? I hope it's good,
You might want to sit down.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Docs will write a script for anything that's a one-off, but long-term pain is now met with "lol idk suck it up or we can melt your spine, wuss"
No for chronic pain they usually refer you to a pain clinic, who will still write you scripts but usually with a few hoops to jump through.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

So I know of no more appropriate thread. Someone at work posted that lots of blood donations are needed to keep up with demand in these saturated-hospital times. Entirely randomly I ran across an old article that the FDA reduced the waiting period for some "high risk" categories.

Pure :mmmhmm:, there are five of us per state and this is what makes you finally realize we should be able to donate blood. loving lol. (And gently caress you too, while we're at it).

pre-ps. Double plus lol. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/amid-shortage-fda-urged-to-ease-rules-on-gay-men-donating-blood/ar-AASMRtC Oh there are some memes coming from this.
My wife was also barred from giving blood until 2020 solely because she was in London for a few weeks in the mid-80s.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Detective No. 27 posted:

Yes. Alda's son, and he was told to make the stupidest lyrics imaginable.

He also made more money off the theme royalties than his dad did working and acting in the show.
Turn in your badge, Detective. Take any leave you might have.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Velocity Raptor posted:

You only say that because you can't get a mate.
Much less one from Prague.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

marshmallow creep posted:

I'll get up when I'm done!
You’ll get up now.

I’ll get up now.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mr. Lobe posted:

What do you do, use a vacuum pump?
Usually a waterbed drain/fill kit, since if you’re draining an aquarium you’re also going to refill it shortly. Basically a thing you screw onto a faucet, and running water through it creates a vacuum in a side pipe. (Is that called a Venturi tube?)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You dolts, it’s DC. Their fire and EMS services are combined into one entity, the “Fire and EMS Department”. That vehicle is a unit belonging to that department.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

null_pointer posted:

No, really, what the gently caress does this thing even do
It’s a small brush.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Mr. Lobe posted:

In the 2 times I've sought therapy I've never been questioned on my sexual tastes beyond mentioning I'm gay, the hell kind of therapist is asking about fetishes
Tweet didn’t say the therapist asked.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Terry is “we have Wednesday frog at home”.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Boba Pearl posted:

What's it like for Gen X to see themselves slowly transform into boomers? Is it weird?
No. Youngsters have always been dumbasses, even when we were youngsters.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
At's what I’m sayin'.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah but the Brilliance stuff is pretty nice. Works well, heating vents, multiple sizes use the same lid, doesn’t stain, only slightly more expensive than regular Tupperware. A very good product, would recommend.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Zil posted:

So since Twitter is poo poo now, Rubbermaid is sent here to astroturf their products?

j/k
Now you don’t have to wonder what Carl Icahn does on Sunday mornings.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Another name is squeegee. Soft G.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Or that skinny.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Guillermus posted:

it means wanker (as in the sexual meaning)
Sexual meaning as opposed to…?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Turgid Flagella posted:

you can rightly say a lot of poo poo about florida but there's nothing like walking into a publix bakery in full swing
Yeah but that’s because of the bakery part. Nothing at all specific about Publix.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Basic Poster posted:

I never knew that in “Hey Nineteen” whether the columbian bit was referring to cigars or cocaine.
If by some chance this is serious, it’s neither. “Colombian” in the 70s meant weed, usually the strain “Colombian Gold”.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
As I remember it, most US coke in the 70s was Peruvian. Colombian coke didn’t take over until later in the 80s.

E: I’m not saying I remember it *well*. But Colombian was definitely weed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
No if you have 12 grand in cash, you have a lot of cash.

If you leave it sitting in a checking account earning zero interest, you are not doing quite well with money.