Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Dropping by with an early plea to gas this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I hope we get some non Mercedes winners or if not that Bottas shows up Lewis and he has a meltdown.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Don't mention the Marlboro money!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

learnincurve posted:

Ted punched.

Is this a sex move?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

1500quidporsche posted:

I love that I've wound people up this much.

You bought it yourself

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

aequalis posted:

Is that what a multimillionaire Formula 1 driver's living room in a house in Monaco looks like?
Hell mine is at least 10% better. And I've got a larger tv.

What about all your other houses and jet?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CratSock posted:

Bring on the CDG wings!

Did they ever race that? Don't think so

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wirth1000 posted:

No because that's a terrible photoshop of that dumb looking FIA concept on paper.

Oh okay it looked vaguely credible as the FX and FXX have similar aero.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/formula-e-to-trial-live-emoji-technology-in-mexico-888565/

Lewis should get one anyway

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you not jealous of someone who is able to drive a formula one car and sex lots of women because of it, safe in the knowledge you will inherit billions of dollars even if you are a poo poo driver?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Falken posted:

"Able to drive" is a bit of a stretch.

Still seems like he is in the better situation, OP

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Malaysia gone....Germany and France back in 2018. Where will the French GP be held? Ban anyone who says Paul Ricard

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Powershift posted:

They're apparently setting up temporary grandstands at the circuit which must not be mentioned for a race there.

Seriously? Fair enough.....

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fucks sake Channel 4 this is a b-list race and you don't have it live

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's actually pretty innocent and seems kind of nice

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Flesh Croissant posted:

Yea you are a jaded goon. "Hey have fun out there guys, check out these messages from the fans" seems like its good for the culture of f1

*beep boop* "Twitter? As somebody who works in tech...I can tell you that if my Alexa read out motivational tweets to me before I left for work, you can be sure you will be be seeing my Altima spinning off the on ramp to the parkway.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alain Post posted:

I hope it's an automated system so Romain Grosjean can see my nudes.

@weedlordbonerhitler420 "Good luck Great John from all the lads in TWT (the worst thread)"

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress F1 or Formula E. Get some hillclimbs. Pikes Peak UK

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

iospace posted:

Goodwood is a hillclimb? :confused:

(it's officially classified as one, anyway)

It's not on public roads though. Wales and Scotland have serious potential for awesomeness

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Schlesische posted:

Modern Rally is dying a slow and painful death.

It's not popular enough to get the cooler or larger marques interested and none of the cooler or larger marques are interested in advertising as World Rally Champs so there's no "oh hey, this rally thing looks interesting" experience from the general public.
Ford, Citroen and Hyundai are all in there, but Ford is pushing everything else as it's sports car championship (I genuinely have no idea why they're in Rally the way they are) and neither Citroen nor Hyundai seem to be generating any traction. Toyota is joining with the Yaris, but I doubt we'll see the height of the Mitsubishi vs Subaru WRC days, let alone the Group B days.

So it's in a death spiral unless someone big decides to take a punt on it again (I saw that Renault is bringing back a modern version of the Renault Alpine A110 1600S, which as a side bar: yes loving please, so maybe they're going to do a thing in WRC?).

I should say that WRC used to be my jam in the olden days when it was genuinely Subaru vs Mitsubishi (even if the Peugeot 206s were better... I loved me some Marcus Gronholm in a 206). Then you had the pre-Loeb years and it all felt like it was getting a bit stale, and then the Loeb years which always felt like a foregone conclusion.

Have you not watched any of this year's WRC?

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Apr 13, 2017

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Schlesische posted:

To be honest, no.
I last watched a couple years ago during ?Ogier's first win?, and it all seemed a little more amateur hour than I remembered.
I also heard that VW were pulling out.

Well watch it.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I wonder why Alonso wants to run the 500?

Why wouldn't he?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Why does anyone in this thread think that Verstappen or Stroll did anything wrong? Is this everyone's first race? You can't stop without brakes, and you can't someone coming from 100 meters behind you to hit you once you've already taken your corner.

Everyone in this thread is a bot and only support a maximum of three conversation options: Alonso Good, Verstappen Bad and Clare Williams erotic fan fiction

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure is it me but the cars look incredibly fast compared to last year around this track

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

learnincurve posted:

Oh, lol I just got what Nico did there, he meant that the part which is wrong with Lewis' car that they can't change is lewis

I hope that's true

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wtf is that car doing

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wicka posted:

That's one of the worst motor races I've seen in a long time.

In terms of poo poo happening and the quality of driving it was a disgrace

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Channel Four's expression of the day: "Shadow Boxing"

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wirth1000 posted:

Alright, F1 done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qJDbQSp6mA

There's the last 4 hours of the N24. Skip to the last hour or so for rain and insanity.

Last 30 minutes is enough

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If you want reduced ads but also a lot of 'Indycar for children' analysis, find a stream for BT Sport ESPN in the UK

e: same commentary as the US btw but they go silent during the time where commercials are on over there

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Argus Zant posted:

NASCAR, in its drive to engineer some kind of playoffs system for motorsports, has introduced a "stage" system to their races

so at least twice every race, everything stops and they break for ads so they can award championship points to whoever was leading at the end of the stage before resuming the race under mandatory yellow flags

That's incredible

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was wondering who the nerdy young guy was on the BT Sport analysis. Had no idea it was Mike Conway

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

wicka posted:

They don't have steak.

What is a steakburger?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is Alonso still running?

e: oh

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
How many Honda engineers will have commit seppuku before their engines are good again?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:smug: 4th

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Ferrari got brutally owned on that start

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Formula 1 social media.........is fun?!