Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's hard to say just how good Vandoorne is ATM.

I forget he's even racing until he's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tsaedje posted:

Technically correct because Palmer didn't make it to the grid. (Also Erricson's worse, just more anonymous)

Ericsson doesn't spear into people like a rugby player every race though.

Which in fact is a reason why he's worse than Kvyat

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Dumb Username posted:

http://www.speedcafe.com/?p=368126

So not only did they not bolt the cylinders together, their entire dyno is so poo poo that they couldn't simulate the g-forces.

Honda coming clean about everything just shows how incompetent they really are.

Like, are they trying for pity or is this them begging for Mclaren to drop them already?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

iospace posted:

Imagine if Red Bull picked up Dixon instead of Bourdais.

Formula 1 World Champion Scott Dixon would somehow not be the most fraudulent champion in F1 history.

Most boring? Certainly.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

I'd rather see James "Hollywood" Hinchcliffe or Robert "Hideious" Wickens or Latifi from F2 than Lance Stroll.

Hinchcliffe is too fun for Formula One.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

mrfart posted:

When did Lewis do that? For a second I had this vision of him hurling a wheel of his car, like a Pirelli tire, on the track.

Didn't he do it last year after his car broke? I mean, after one of those times his car broke?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

dentist toy box posted:

I think he did it at spain last year and Valencia in 2012, Like nice job being a babby and loving up a steering wheel that costs more than my car.

Doesn't like Spaniards. For shame.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

It is not. Croft and Brundle are two of the worst commentators in any sport worldwide. They are only "miles better" if by "US crap" you mean Phil Simms, and even then, that's a stretch.

Phil Simms makes me laugh with how inept he is. Croft and Brundle don’t. I’d watch Phil Simms ramble through an F1 race over those two.

Theophany posted:

I fear that a successful career as an engineer has passed me by.

Holy poo poo

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

ESPN using Sky coverage with Jenson and Nico would be the best option.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

tomcruiselaughing.jpg but with Kvyat’s face.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I don’t like Silverstone, even when the racing is good there. Same with Hungary.

On the other hand; Spa, Singapore and Canada can all have terrible races and I’ll still be invested in it.

This last race was actually fun, so people complaining about it being boring just seem to be actively ignoring the action on the track. Which I will do next British GP.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Norns posted:

No one said the race was bad. Learn to read

Not referring to you.

1500quidporsche posted:

I am, but I admittedly only saw the first half.

Who I’m referring to.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Theophany posted:

Silverstone is good fun to drive.

I can believe that, I just don’t enjoy watching it all that much.

Bring F1 to Cleveland Airport.

Actually, just bring back Indycar.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1500quidporsche posted:

I didn't like it, sorry this upsets you.

Doesn’t upset me honestly. I regularly turn off games and stuff early if it doesn’t hold my interest.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

That is incredible.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tsaedje posted:

Looking it up I think I'd appreciate it

What's the worst spirit you guys have ever had? My vote goes to Pitú - it's Brazilian cachaça, a fermented sugar cane spirit with a repulsive and neverending aftertaste

Cachaça is really temperamental, which sucks in terms of quality control. It’s also really poo poo by itself, and is either at it’s best with citrus (limes and oranges), or in baking.

So yeah, not the best straight alcohol, but there’s bourbon for that.

My favorite Cognac

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Rhopunzel posted:

This is correct. Turkey is the worst meat. It's like chicken but poo poo and much harder to cook. I moved to the US 5 years ago and every time I've had Thanksgiving dinner it was bland turkey and hosed up casseroles I've never even heard of, so my thanksgiving dinner would be a few slices of turkey, ham and some dinner rolls. Have Americans not heard of roast potatoes or something?

Get new friends to do Thanksgiving with. I roast potatoes and have some mashed potatoes so everyone can get what they want.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

American Truck Simulator/Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a zen game where you put on a podcast/audiobook/music, chill and haul some poo poo.

I'm hauling a 185k lb transformer oversize load using the entry level Kenworth truck with some heavy cargo upgrades from Phoenix to some gently caress off place in New Mexico and it's great.

North or South? Northern NM is prettier. Lots of mountains and good curvy roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hey, if someone wants to drive through virtual New Mexico, they’re saving the 15% chance that their car gets stolen. gently caress I wish I had that option.

• Locked thread