Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Tweak posted:

t h e

u l t i m a t e

t h r i l l

r i d e

Taker having to say this during his graveyard promo was the best :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DoctorGonzo posted:

The Hardys with wwe writing? I hope Impact wins the lawsuit.

Well, maybe they'll get lucky and end up on Smackdahahahhahahhaha

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

DeepDickPizza posted:

Hey friends. How was Raw?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Tato posted:

Also I find it funny how at first when they moved Enzo and Cass to the main roster, people were fretting about them splitting the pair because they loved Cass' size and Enzo was going to be pushed aside into the abyss. Now people realize they both suck and everything is okay.

Vince went :flaccid: surprisingly fast on Cass and Braun simultaneously.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Blaise330 posted:

Somehow Breezango steals both titles.

B...but they're cops :ohdear:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:unsmith: Good for the Danielson's

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Good lord I hope the show's decent leading up to the main event or the crowd's gonna Wrestlemania 20 the Brock/Goldberg match again.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Why does the universe hate JIm Ross so much :smith:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Stale Saltines posted:

It's especially hilarious after HHH saying "he's actually a heel, we're totally getting the reactions we want here!"

The logic hoops they jump through are astounding

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

shiksa posted:

that'd make for a sick nakamura entrance, oh well. triple h's metal gear entrance will have to do.

SHHHalashaska

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave on Observer Radio today: "There is obviously a reason that it's going on last... if Roman does win they know the reaction, believe me"

Taker's last match

Hot drat we really aren't ever getting Taker/Cena Mania match :psyduck:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:vince:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Rhonne posted:

I predict that they attach the Undertaker to some ropes and a crane or something and have him "levitate" to the ring so he doesn't get gassed going down that big rear end ramp.

Taker's potentially final match having him coming down to the ring in a dark reprise of how Michaels did in their first match would be pretty appropriate.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Bill Goldberg posted:

i know i poo poo on the WWE all the time and i hate everything, but i want to believe that they are not dumb enough to do something as catastrophically stupid as have Roman Reigns defeat and retire The Undertaker at wrestlemania

please do not tell me i am wrong i don't want to hear it

Taker was always going to be retired by either Cena or Reigns, they just felt the dog taking over the yard was more appropriate.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

In the interests of positivity I just want to say I thought Goldberg/Lesnar was perfectly booked, and Goldberg's booking for this entire run in WWE has been pretty loving fantastic too. I loved the poo poo out of their Mania match.

I was worried when I heard they were doing an actual match, but them spending 5 minutes just spamming finishers was amazing.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:shrek:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and murdered a cameraman

and is a polygamist with about 7 wives

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

Way better than last year and it was on its way to being great before Trips derailed it. He did his usual psychological jackoff fest that went way too long. Long sell spots are good but when you do them for every loving spot it seems more like the match is in slow motion rather than some kind of cerebral classic.

The Wyatt-Orton match was the most egregious of the night. I figured the result would be what it was, which is completely retarded in and of itself, but to have it be a Jarrett-Raven lite shitfest was just awful. Orton needs to just go the gently caress away.

Goldberg/Lesnar was perfect. The women's match was nothing but was still the second best of the last four which is awful.

Reigns pretty much proved anything I've ever thought about him. He can be great against great guys but he's the drizzling shits against anyone that can't carry him. He's a low spot monkey.

This show started so great but when it got to the poo poo that matters most to the front office guys it tanked hard, which is pretty much a microcosm of the entire company.

Pretty much exactly how I felt.

First half of the show was good, but HHH/Seth was slow and HHH overindulging his usual "Epic Match" layout, Wyatt/Orton was awful and told a nonsensical story, picked up with the quick and energetic Goldberg/Brock and Smackdown Women's title matches, then Taker/Reigns put on one of the worst Wrestlemania matches ever and a brutal way for Taker's career to end.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

Whooooof. Roman. Buddy.

Good lord :ughh:

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I genuinely believe Taker thought he had one more classic in him after Mania 30 and didn't wanna go out like that. And to be fair to Taker he had a handful of good-very good matches after that (he looked loving great at Mania 31 comparatively) and the unfortunate reality is that he used the gas that was left largely in the other matches against Brock after Mania 30 and by now he knew he had to go out on his back but there was nothing left.

Also, if he actually had choice in his final opponent, he would've gotten it in Cena, who's been doing the best wrestling of his career in the last couple years and definitely would've had the core strength to carry him to something decent tonight.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

oldpainless posted:

I hope Taker starts doing commentary on Tuesday and everyone just goes with it

Taker chokeslams JBL into that same offscreen abyss Mark Henry chucked that intern into that one time, dusts off and puts on cowboy hat, resumes from there and no one says anything about it.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

Cena doesn't have a history of hernias including months away due to severe ones.

God, remember when they had him trying to lift the big show immediately coming off of that? This is how the company treats people they LIKE

I know, it's insane they planned that spot to begin with if they weren't 100% sure Roman was strong enough to handle it.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Castor Poe posted:

They're gonna do an angle where Taker is gonna transfer his essence/superpowers to Roman and proclaim him the new Deadman, aren't they?

Roman doesn't need them, by beating Taker he has proven himself to be the Bigger Dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:same:

• Locked thread