Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Holy Christ that looks deep. :stonk: Right above the eye socket too, he's really lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

VJeff posted:

Hardys on NXT would probably be the best thing for them and WWE. It'd give the Hardys a much lighter schedule and let them be with their families and their kids more, something that is a priority to them, they'd be big draws and they'd obviously have a lot to teach the developmental guys.

Like, they should be around for big shows like the big four, but gently caress it, why not let them mainly be NXT guys. I don't think two guys with their mileage and each one having a very young child need to be on the road every week.

Hahahahaha if you think that The Hardys of all people would get a schedule similar to someone like Brock Lesnar, Vince and Hunter will grind them into meth dust and toss them aside once they're done. They'll probably get a similar schedule like when the Dudleys returned.

But I do think that Broken Matt would be an amazing foil to Bray. And give them both something to make amazing with promos and hopefully backyard wrestling wars.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh good I guess they can finish the job on Sheamus that they started on Monday night. :v:

Change of subject though, has anyone on the Twitters or anything else heard how JR is doing coping with the loss of his wife?

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/845996073944526848/photo/1

That hits the good spot of the feels. :unsmith: Also it seems he's going to keep himself busy and he's honoring his appearances in Orlando this weekend. I guess it'll be good for him to be around people he knows.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 28, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Wait, 30 was always bad now?

For fucks sake there has been like 4 good wrestlemanias ever and 30 was one of them.

Hell, to me X7 and 30 are the only good wrestlemanias.

So like what? Wrestlemanias 3, and 10 were the other two good ones for you?

9 should definitely be included, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2000, there are a ton of decent to good Wrestlemanias.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

The_Rob posted:

2000 was an awful awful mania.

Gonna have to be skeptical on that just because you had peak Hardyz, peak Edge and Christian, AND peak Dudleyz, in a triangle Ladder Match.

Edit:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Agreed, especially after both Austin and The Rock gave Hogan poo poo for calling it the Silverdome. The WWE made WrestleMania 30 doc is hilarious at this part.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 28, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

Also I don't know how you would consider WM9 to be good unless you liked watching Bret get dicked over

It had an incredibly cheesy hilarious, Taker match, and was good from a story line standpoint in how Bret came back to win the title against Yokozuna despite the Owen vs Bret feud.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Watching the WM 30 doc that should have been Takers last match. I hope he can retire with good health, he doesnt have anything more in the ring or as a character imo.

I think it should have been against Punk, Taker avenges the memory of Paul, and just rides off into the sunset. That was the last semi decent Taker match. There never should have been two matches with Hunter.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

The best part of Mania 9 was Macho Man, the color guy, saying that Doink used a powerful spell to clone himself and attack Crush, and nobody disputing him. That's the canon, official, announced explanation.

Known magus Ted Dibiase was the one that taught Doink the spell, for a hefty fee of course, who would then use the same spell to make a clone Undertaker for himself!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

rovert posted:

What people close to JR will tell you is he never really "clocked out" of WWE. Still works like he's still on "WWE time" and gives the same level of effort to stuff as he did as a high ranking WWE office employee. Along with being around old friends I do believe it is the right place for him.

Has WWE put out an official statement regarding the death of Jan Ross? I don't think I've seen them express their condolences anywhere as an official company statement. poo poo even TNA has enough of their poo poo together to put out something on their official twitter feed.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 28, 2017

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man that loving sucks and is not at all surprising that Neville and AA would get pre show poo poo. It's a goddamn title match it SHOULD be on the show proper. Same with Alexa Bliss' title defense.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

SD womens match on first should let me know whether to actively watch the show or just keep it on while I do something more entertaining and/or worthwhile

im not sure i can maintain my Smackdown Live!-style 200 shitposts per hour for all 10 hours of wrestlemania anyway

That's some false logic in the sense that what should be gauged is the quality of the Raw matches if they are bearable between the Smackdown matches that are almost a given going to be leaps and bounds better than the Raw matches.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Daaaaammmmnnnn lol. Poor Smackdown Women's Roster. :smith:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Efexeye posted:

one of those better be LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

That is, sadly, a guilty pleasure that I think somehow holds up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpN0CUn58l8

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm excited for WrestleMania against my better judgment. I can't help it guys, it'll be fun!

To drink for that long on a Sunday sure. NXT will be the better show I wager.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

It's amazing that a carny organization like WWE can get a better statue made for one of its people than somebody like Cristiano Ronaldo could for his bust.

:stare:
Oh well at least they got the neck length correct.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Real talk, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm thrilled for...RAW?!?

Gotta see what direction WWE wants to go from here. And if they want to feed my favorite mans Finn to Roman for dropping a fat log in his freshly mowed yard.

Post WM Raws and hopefully to a lesser degree Smackdown, now, are usually bonkers. And if/when Roman shows up the crowd will pull their asses apart and poo poo all over him. Or even better just not react at all and just give complete silence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Dear Jesus and his friends,

Please make Raw actually good tonight. I mean, you can't even spell Raw with an A...which means A-Show. Get it Jesus?

Seriously, this is the time to start fresh and make this poo poo actually good. It's in your hands now.

Signed, me

PS: Some pretty cool debuts or re-debuts would be kinda cool.

:ohdear:

The prayer to a God that will do the exact opposite.

Also does anyone else feel that the novelty of the "Raw after WrestleMania" is going to wear out sooner than later? Like now it's a given that there are going to be NXT call-ups surprise debuts or redebuts. I know it might be lovely but I think sooner than later they need to change up the formula just to keep the surprises as actual surprises, and not do an NXT debut the night after Mania.

• Locked thread