Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's a miracle! :woop: Really excited this is happening since I won't have the cash to buy another video game for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Dark Id posted:

:siren: :frogsiren: THIS GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR LESS THAN A MONTH IN NORTH AMERICA! NO SPOILERS! NOT IN TAGS! NOT ANYWHERE! :siren: :frogsiren:

To be honest I'm amazed we made it to page five

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I miss Zero, she was the perfect Rick :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The androids are actually all dragons. The machines are just machines, no twist there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I know we have a world to save from dopey looking machines and all, but I feel like it's our duty to go back to the bunker and play Robo-Wingman for 6O

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Got a sneaking suspicion this wasn't the thread you thought you were in

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

KamikazePotato posted:

Here's some of the many A+ reactions from the Watchers reveal in Drakengard 1.

I just want to say, I absolutely adore the reveal of the watchers because of how... "Delicate" isn't the word, but there was no thunderous fanfare or terror stings, just... a baby, then lot's of babies, and enough time to think "...okay but WHY baby?" as they sorta flew around a bit and landed, before the teeth gnashing begins in earnest.

Taro really understands the value of being able to let you come to realizations yourself before throwing that piano into the industrial shredder :allears: What a goddamn hero

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

dazat posted:

According to the original guidebook and the Drakenier 10th Anniversary art book, Leonard was out masturbating in the woods, not having his way with any kids. It's described as being his way of relieving the stress that comes with living with his underage brothers. That's essentially the crux of his whole thing with Seere; he's spent his whole life resisting his urges, but now the world is ending, so why not indulge? But unlike Arioch, he's still clinging to some semblance of sanity/morality, so he doesn't go through with it. So he's meant to be a heroic character ultimately, in that patented twisted Yoko Taro way.

I haven't played the JP version of Drakengard in awhile, but as I recall the English version is mostly unaltered. The only outright change I can remember is Leonard's line in the ending going from "Seere, you smell nice" in the original to "Seere, you're a fine lad" in the localization.

:whitewater: wowzers

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Whenever I go to the village I always stop by Pascal first so the vocal track kicks in :3: The N:A soundtrack is perfect

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like that Drakengard 2 basically made it canon that if the Dragons stopped being smug pricks for a day or two, the whole Watcher situation could have been dealt with fairly handily by teaming up with the humans, even ignoring any of that new breed bunk

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I was very disappointed I couldn't cleave creeplord in half and take 8S or whatever back to the bunker to get un-creeplord'd :smith: Thanks Taro

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I read the "hello?" as him being too broken to see or comprehend what's going on around him :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Nah, they're already starting to grow on each other. 2B and 9S are this game's official Battle Buddies, like Caim and Angelus Red, or Papa Nier and Weiss. Battle buddies don't fight each other in Yoko Taro games.

Until 9S learns to belch fireballs, I'm going to continue calling him my garbage, racist son

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Morbi posted:

I've been waiting for this update.

9S is reading through a biology textbook in denial and despair

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I forgot salves and speed up chips were a thing when I did this :( I did the first two races legit, then used a pod trick to beat the final one by a split hair.

Also I did it while my boyfriend was in the country. On his file. Then realized I have to do it on my own file too afterwards :shepicide:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jet Jaguar posted:

What are those UFOs from? I swear I've seen them before.

I think the UFOs and aliens are just generic aliens in japan, like using the Grays/Sectoids/whatever and flying saucers over here

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Mankind's got bigger problems than Maso right now, unless the stuff got to the moon too. Might as well weaponize the crap

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
THAT BOY AINT RIGHT THAT BOY AINT RIGHT THAT BOY AINT RIGHT THAT BOY AINT RIGHT THAT BOY AINT RIGHT

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I first played this game with my boyfriend, and when we found Hymir's Finger I legit stood up and just started yelling. I was so sad to see it's fall from grace :( I'll remember you as you were, old friend.

Also when we played, we found the last Lunar Tear in the sunken city and decided "let's deliver the missiles to the carrier, THEN we'll go check out Emil's elevator!"

:smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like 9S and all but it's also fun to relentlessly dunk on him for being a dork garbage boy

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

exploded mummy posted:

Slow will actually work on Speed Star in the first 2 races.

It is the only possible use.

The single time I used Slow was dunking it onto Fastboy in the third race and finally winning that drat sidequest.

I did all three races before learning there are speed chips :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man I'm suddenly really glad we didn't get any announcements during The Third birthday :whitewater:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Considering the kind of people who lived in the Drakengard world, the sky shattering and space babies eating everyone actually was a good ending. Can you imagine if Caim SURVIVED Ending E?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

I gotta say, though, it's pretty loving ballsy to put a really long intro like this, and then murder at least half of your cast including the one that's pretty much the "face" of the game. I imagine anyone who thought Yoko Taro had gone soft is reconsidering their opinion right now.

When my boyfriend first got to this section, the entire time he was like "lol they're not going to kill off the main character, she's on the box art" and since I know Taro's style I was just in nervous silence the entire way :ohdear:

Also count me in as a pit survivor. I ended up spending like five minutes waiting for 2B to have both arms to climb the ladder, only to have her spark and fall off multiple times. I ended up crossing the bridge at like 98% corrupted.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Tarezax posted:

You can't end it there, how did he react when 2B bit it?

"He wouldn't, he CAN'T" up until the title card, at which point he went silent and I started laughing :allears: He never accused me of exaggerating Taro's style again

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
9S was a YoRHa R&D experiment to make the most dunkable garbage child.

The experiment has been a horrific success.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ultrafilter posted:

A2 doesn't swear enough. Just imagine what Kaine or Zero would've had to say about being saddled with a pod.

Imagine what MIKHAIL would have to say :kimchi:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jet Jaguar posted:

Probably something super-racist about pods, if memory serves

Mikhail is a good boy and hating Wyverns isn't racist, it's common sense :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Guys I dunno if 9S is okay :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I refuse to believe 9S drinks anything stronger than strawberry daiquiris :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I feel like A2 and Jackass would find a way to ferment motor oil if either of them could talk to someone for ten seconds without something blowing up.

Emil would drink milkshakes

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The children suiciding was a bit over the top, but I remember recoiling in horror when Pascal was selling their parts

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Now that I think about it I'm a little disappointed the Androids never went for giant Maso-infused robots to fight the aliens. Maybe Emil would have had a better memory if a friendly Engels could zip around like a communist Jehuty. Flight units are cool and all but if you ever want to bring glory to mankind you gotta think BIGGER

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Verant posted:

To be fair, what probably did him in was Angelus getting hit by the missile and then getting impaled by Tokyo Tower. Given that this is Caim we're talking about, I don't know if a missile would be enough to kill him.

Caim got punked in two hits by a catapult, a missile has to count as like, fifty catapults. As badass as Caim is, that guy couldn't handle his ranged attacks.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I don't know if 9S still has any emotions besides brooding and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You know, after Automata, all that stuff about Accord being an android and there being a ton of copies of her went from "HOLY poo poo" to just being kind of a given. Taro has a real talent for escalation.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It's kinda like how people say VLR is playable without playing 999 first. Yeah, it technically is, but you REALLY should at least know the gist of the first game.

I'm still sorta bitter about that :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Popola and Devola did nothing wrong

like, besides that one little thing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember when my boyfriend first got here, he was like "oh huh a library", and turned to see me making a :magical: face. Doubly so for the trophy room. God drat I love this game

• Locked thread