Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

When you ride the tiger, you don't get off, you don't stop. No one stops. Even if you think the tiger's been dead for a year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

The controversy was from this item. It was just vendor trash you could get from fishing (there is an absurd amount of fishing vendor trash.) It's actually referencing the MIM-64 Mauler a SUPER early drone anti-aircraft system. Ya know... cuz of all the frikken robots. And this game kinda being a commentary on drone warfare being hosed. The item icon is literally a fuckin' rocket launcher... But, gamers assumed they were dunking on the precious the Nintendo 64 and got super mad because they're huge man-child dipshits. It's real dumb.

That's obviously a Super Scope, so it was completely rude of squenix to do a double insult to my precious baby love of two generations of Nintendo.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Cheers, there's a new update!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Moose are dangerous as hell if provoked for a few reasons:
  • Outside of a few sidequests (which still have static levels) all enemies in the game have levels based on story progression that are reasonably within parameters of where the player should be. Moose do not. Moose don't give a gently caress. Their levels scale with 2B regardless of what point in the game it is. They will always be a threat. There are four enemies in the game that can potentially be Level 99. Two are optional super bosses. One is a moose.

Do enemies have friendly fire enabled? Can you aggro a moose and chase it through a robot mob with hilarious results?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

We haven't had someone say the LP is hot trash and horrible and in the same breath ask him to do something so they can participate in said hot garbage yet. So at least there's that. :toot:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I guess since Pixar made that movie about a couple of robots the Androids have stricken the rest of their movies to the memory hole. Including the most important moral of any story ever.

NO CAPES.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

so... if in theory I knew someone who was an idiot and still hasn't gotten this game. Is there a definitive version, or just preference between console and PC gaming?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

For the Glory of Mankind

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Augus posted:

*This cannot continue

NO ONE STOPS. IT'S WAY TOO LATE TO STOP.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

CesspoolofHatred posted:

Didn't he say he was getting his computer fixed?

Maybe it decided it could not continue and it gave out.

Let's hope not, the last time that happened it gave out...

a naked Keniroth.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

I'm not gonna lie, DarkId, when I saw this conversation, I thought for a moment they had contracted you to ghostwrite part of this game. This is so one of your italicized conversations it hurts.

Drakengard 3 came along after a long hiatus from FFX or something and seems even more like it was written by Id.

Still not 100% convinced he didn't get abducted and forced to do this. The weapon story about how he escaped and dueled Dark Lord Taro Yoko for his freedom will be magnificent.

e: now that I think about it, the most Drakengard(!) thing I can imagine is that they'd skip Drakengards 4-5 and go straight to 6.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Sorry, what was that? I've been busy humming Song of the Ancients since NieR came out.

Sorry, can't hear your earworm over Song of the Ancients, Gaur Plains and Dancing Mad locked in perpetual combat in my mind.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I, for one look forward to DrakenieR 6, where the weapon stories are acted out by the Machine Players.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

If you happen to see Douglas Adams wandering out in the sea while you're out there, can you tell him "so long, and thanks for all the fish" for me?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

He will always be blasting his jaunty tune (of which he has like four variations of including one where he’s just happily humming along and one where he seems to have forgotten the words and just wings it.)

I love being on Taro Yoko's Wild Ride 5. It's like riding a tiger, its thrilling, epic, and if you dare fall off you're doomed to a Drakengard(!) Weapon Story fate.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Excuse you.

Taro Yoko's Wild Ride 4. He had almost nothing to do with that abomination that is Drakengard 2. Just Video Editing.

You misunderstand, Taro Yoko is the kind of person who would release 20 doom boars on a school and label them 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 14, 23 and 38, a prank with at least 3 layers of fun in it, including pissing off the math teacher trying to find a pattern in it.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

What, you guys don't have gigantic monolithic zen gardens of your own skull, or your sibling's skull in the middle of a wasteland?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose grin,
And wrinkled lip, and stare of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Emil, Top of Boys;
Buy stuff now or kick yourself later!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The second I saw that I new that it was being unusually specific, and that :yokotaro: was going to happen.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I just thought the "as gods" thing was just a reference to Xenogears.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

We, the Knights who say Nines demand...

A Pure Water!

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Sage Grimm posted:

"..."

*scribbles DECIMATE on chalkboard*

*Now class find the remainder*

*And nullify it*

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So this horrible thought came in my through my head last night as the text started showing up., but internet problems kept me from posting it sooner.

Sorry... not sorry for the delay, sorry for ever having the chance to post it at all.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Its been lost in translation for 10000 years. they aren't on the moon. The commander has said she's mooned them. It was a lot clearer than when they said humanity was on the pressed hams.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

THIS CAN CONTINUE

THEORY: CAT IS A FLUID THAT WILL FLOW TO FILL SPACE: DEPLOY THIRD CAT

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

2B Early Concept Art – Learning that Akihiko Yoshida, the character designer for the original Final Fantasy Tactics featuring bubble butt Ramza Beoulve and Vagrant Story featuring assless chaps sporting Ashley Riot, designed 2B suddenly makes her design make a lot more sense. Dude just loves shapely butts.

Huh, that also explains the lack of nose in the art. Also right on the (non-existent) nose with the concept art image name.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Note: Ending B will be posted tonight. Try to get to a new page before then.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MUST CONTINUE

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I can't believe YoRHa changed to Joker Brand cosmetics and other toiletries. The virus just sped things up.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

DeafNote posted:

didnt you hear?
they just wanna play Bingo

I mean we've gotten 3000 B2s, and a couple Os, but I haven't seen any other letters besides E or A or S, but maybe future anime android Bingo is more complicated than that.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Can't believe no one opened the Readme files. ".Bat not the watchers." Right there in the design docs, all those warranties voided.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

The Dark Id posted:

Ooooh! This is so much f-f-fun! The virus we planted has blOSsomed into a b-beautiful flower.

F-flower? Fetch me my brown trousers.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I wouldn't put it past our dear Sith Lord Taro Yoko to have devised that with B2's memories in A2 that we reveal that her name is now ABBA and that the final boss is another rhythm game set to Dancing Queen.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

This is the single most important thing to happen in this entire LP. Definitely watch the recap video, because actually hearing the audio along with this moving picture really sells its impact.

Did they actually doppler shift his jingle too?

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Alpha3KV posted:

If Emil is around when A2 meets Pascal, he can rather hilariously barge in on the scene:
https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwDmxuOGh7QI

Nevermind... I feel if I don't shop now I'll regret it later.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Gullwhacker posted:

...9S is lucky Pascal was too surprised to fight back against him in that abandoned ending, isn't he?

I don't know what's coming, but I have a horrifying terrible thought that 9S in his next scenario has found another flight unit and is coming to attack the Engels still standing.

Please tell me I'm wrong :smith:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

:yokotaro:

Makes you wish your own worst fears were the worst that would happen.

I wish 9S railed another flight unit in Pascals face now.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I just realized. I'm happy A2 didn't decide to wait around for Pascal to reboot and then convince him in his raw state to become her personal Engels Murderbot.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bufuman posted:

I knew Yoko Taro was at maximum :yokotaro: power.

How do you know this? I've seen this episode of Dragon Ball Z. He's still powering up.

exploded mummy posted:

It can't get any worse

And now Namek is going to explode in 5 minutes, thanks a lot.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

:yokotaro: Trolley Problem?
Problem Solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Archenteron posted:

*faint voice offstage* "...also sells their heads. As a weapon!"
*anguished moaning*

:yokotaro: Their souls are for sale. They're more prized by a random merchant than their own father figure.

• Locked thread