Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Playoffs are fun and I am hyped for some excellent hockey.

Go Hawks, Habs, Sharks, and Jackets. Boo everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

grack posted:

Sportsnet coulda thrown money at Miller or Rick Ball and instead they hire Romanuk and Randorf and then have to go out and get Cole out of retirement because those two were so loving terrible.

Its almost like Rogers is bad at the whole hockey thing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

Just watch the games in Punjabi. I have no idea what Singh is saying and he's awesome anyway.

Like really, compare these two calls http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/listen-hnic-punjabis-terrific-nick-bonino-goal-call/ and tell me who's having more fun

Hockey is better in any non-english language. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s53eS2HFrk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

yellowcar posted:

Please score goals next game Habs tia

*Emelin, fresh off of being scratched, turns and accidentally passes the puck under Price into his own net*

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

Wait, so I guess it worked since they won, but why did the Penguins start Fleruy in net? I thought I saw even Sullivan saying Murray was starting? Or did I misread that?

Murray reinjured his groin in warmups.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SOG in the WIld-Blues game was 52-26 in favor of the Wild. Holy poo poo Allen.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

The Pens look like 2010 and 2013 Chicago

No they are getting way better goaltending out of MAF than we did from Huet/Niemi.

That feels really awkward to type out.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

Mook is nice tho

Talking him into making the toxx that got him banned from posting in hockey threads for the summer is my greatest achievement in SAS.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Habibi posted:

Now we know it was the Russians.

Well now we know why they traded Anisimov...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Rinne sure picked a hell of a time to go back to being a top 5 goalie. Jerk. :mad:

Also the Preds are doing a great job of showing me just how much older/slower Chicago's D has become since 2009.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

I don't know, Ken Hitchcock managed to convince everybody Elliott was a good goalie.

Not me!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

My team has been eliminated so I am now free to cheer for the chaos option and root for the team that will bring the most misery to everyone else.

Go Leafs.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

My team has been eliminated so I am now free to cheer for the chaos option and root for the team that will bring the most misery to everyone else.

Go Leafs.

This didnt take long to become reality.

I think I should try again.

Go Ottawa.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Look, Im using my powers for good Im sorry you cant see it this way.

Go Sens some more

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

His knee bent back

How else would people skate backwards?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It didnt matter who won of Nashville/Chicago, both teams employ a very horrible person. :smith:

Literally every single evil team won the first round so I hope the NHL gets the most boring and worst final possible in like Sens/Blues or something. Go Chaos.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Matt Zerella posted:

I still laugh about Furnaceface harboring hatred of the Rangers because some fans acted poorly at a game.

Youre thinking of someone else. My Rangers hatred comes from the fact that they won Mark loving Messier a Cup and not John Vanbiesbrouck. :colbert:

Also Zuccarello is one of my favourite players and I like seeing that little hobbit happy, even if his speech still hasnt come back 100% from that brain trauma. :unsmith:

PS gently caress the Rags and gently caress you go Sens.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

iospace posted:

I remember staying up really late to watch BRETT loving HULL CHEAT HIS WAY TO A CUP. :argh:

Yeah I remember this mostly because of my dads very loud and very angry "NO gently caress YOU HULL YOU CHEAT" that he yelled that night. I laughed for a bit, then got angry because my dad was right.

Albino Squirrel posted:

^^^The Oilers had already won Mark loving Messier five cups by then, save your hatred for them.^^^

Then it should not surprise you that I enjoyed the last 10 years of Oilers misery and was rooting for the Sharks.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Anyone cheering for the Preds, wants Mike Ribeiro to have his name on the cup, to join the likes of Patrick Kane and Doug Gilmour as rapists with their name on the Lord Stanley's Cup.

Didnt Katz literally kill someone? As the owner his name goes on too, so we clearly cant cheer for Edmonton.

https://youtu.be/3EkBuKQEkio?t=130

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

shyduck posted:

Dan Carcillo was granted one in 2015. He didn't appear in the playoffs and had played 39 regular season games.

He was concussed and out with injury most of the season, plus I think he walked away from hockey at the end of that season when Montador committed suicide. :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's a part of the game. If he can sell a penalty that makes him a better player.

I mean yeah diving and not getting caught is a thing but the league will fine you if you do it too often or if its blatant enough, even after the fact, despite getting away with it during the game. It happened to Blandisi. Twice. In a single season. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

bub spank posted:

I have about 0 confidence the Sens can win game 6 in New York, so I'm looking forward to game 7.

e: Neil played 2:26 all game, but was somehow all the CBC announcers talked about this game.

I wouldnt necessarily say he played. More like participated. In helping the Rangers score goals.

e: I am going to laugh so hard if either of these teams get past the Pens to make the SCF.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pens fans are the worst. Your team is still by far the favourite to win the Cup and it would literally take a miracle for any of the remaining teams to beat them.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Wow another dumb rear end post by an oilers fan. They truly are SAS' Most Hated Fanbase and also the stupidest

Someones jealous their teams fans arent the most hated anymore. :smug:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Can anyone tell me if Neil is playing tonight?

He is a game time decision.

So probably. Congrats on the win Rangers!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jehde posted:

Preds vs. Sens, LET'S DO IT.

Oilers-Sens SCF would probably get Bettman in deep poo poo so we should all be hoping for that outcome.

e: Sens winning would be even better because Bettman cant use McDavid as a distraction either :unsmigghh:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Krime posted:

Anybody put money on the Sens making it to the ECF?

I bet that would be a real pay day

I picked them to make the ECF over the Rags in the NHL bracket challenge but I didnt put any money on it because lol like that could actually happen.

:smithicide:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

eXXon posted:

The Senators should have been moved to Mexico years ago anyway.

No thats just where Melnyk goes to buy new body parts.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Glambags posted:

It was in Los Angeles I think

Yeah both times LA won the fans cheered Bettman.

I think Pittsburgh fans last year just stayed silent (because the arena was empty already :rimshot:).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Pens are going to lose this series and Im going to end up with a Phaneuf or Neil av for a whole year.

2017 is the worst.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I feel like this would be worse if you didn't still have the harpertar

Ive been procrastinating and figured a playoff toxx would be good motivation. Unfortunately it might backfire horribly.

e: vvv I specifically said most hated player for this reason. :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

https://twitter.com/MelnykEugene/status/865307510055587840

Melnyk finally found someone more hated than him in Ontario. He's just so happy.

Two negatives dont always equal a positive.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kilza posted:

Hey Ducks :byewhore:

All hail SAS' favorite team the Nashville Predators. :toot:

Preds winning puts both Harry Z and Ribeiro on the Cup, so gently caress that.

Go Pens/Sens/meteor.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good soup! posted:

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/5/23/15681458/ottawa-senators-attendance-eugene-melnyk-canadian-tire-center-sellout-game-6

Ottawa Senators owner finds the lack of a Game 6 sellout ‘very disturbing’

The Senators may not sell out the biggest game of their season.

thinkingfaceemoticon.gif

something something Pens fans leaving after one period if theyre down "No guys theyre just trying to beat traffic, really" something

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Just call her Donut. No one but the dorkiest of hockey dorks would get the reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

On one hand I really hate the Penguins.

On the other hand I made a really stupid toxx that I dont want to lose at this point

Go Pens, repeat win the Cup.

I promise you my blessing is not cursed.

• Locked thread