Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I have a possibly stupid question, but even after going through the wiki a bit I'm stumped. The youtube playthroughs I've seen, and now Waltzing there, said that they only entered the other half of the City of Tears after beating the Dung Defender. I am almost certain I had access to both sides of the city before even seeing the Royal Waterways. Is this possible through some route or another, or do I have false memories? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

Did you unlock the secret bench that cuts the run back in half?

Is this the one on the "bottom floor" in a huge honey drop or is there another, because if so I would like to be spoiled!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Organza Quiz posted:

I'm personally stuck on the first Grimm fight since I can't for the life of me figure out dodging his bullet hell attack effectively and even if i dodge everything else perfectly that just takes too much health off me, but I just rebought the game on Steam so I'm hoping once I'm done replaying and get up to that again I'll be magically more in control of my jump height.

Spoiler for Grimm 1 By that point in the game, it's possible to use a combination of charms to get the howling wraiths spell to kill him in seconds, just park under him and blast away. Of course this is extremely cheesy and you won't learn to deal with him which probably makes Grimm 2 impossible, but if you just want his sweet sweet loot, it's possible :v:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Team Cherry are very good at designing boss fights on a 2D plane and I'm very excited to fight all the new bosses in Silksong when it eventually comes out in 2032.

Soul Master grunting laughs at you

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name...

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

To be fair, spitting enemies are awful and I hate them all with the fiery wrath of a thousand burning suns :argh:

Look at this motherfucker. Doesn't he make you want to smash his stupid face right in? Go on, you can say it here, this is a safe space.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

There is at least one pitch-dark room in Forgotten Crossroads, and either way even playing for the first time my logic went "if this is so friggin' expensive, I gotta have it ASAP". I guess that's metagaming, sort of? There's only so much worthwhile-seeming junk to buy before you can get to Salubra, anyway.

I've never went into the city through the front door, either, I'm still not sure how to do that :v:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

ExcessBLarg! posted:

On the Switch use the screenshot button! (On PC I'm sure you can figure out how to take a screenshot though.)

If you're on Steam, the default key is F12 :eng101:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Martman posted:

Step 1: Bapanada

This game has wonderful sound design in general, but the little voice-work in it is really something, I immediately heard that in my head when I read it :allears:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Hobojim posted:

That was the last of the achievements, aside from leaving Zote to die, but I've got my priorities straight so that one will forever remain unobtained.

I feel assaulted :( I have that achievement!

I'm nowhere near your other achievements though, so maybe you're right and I'm the fool of this trial.

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 9, 2021

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm somewhat surprised that (as of this writing) according to Steam, only 5.3% of players left him to die. :rip:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I saved him on my first run, because I didn't know the Mighty Zote, but obviously on a different play-through I had to see what happened if I didn't :haw:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Cartoon Man posted:

There’s only one achievement worth displaying on your Steam account.

:hmmyes:

Still sitting at 5.4% of players.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'm gonna say Greenpath, because it's mostly cute, and the room with the big spikey bugs gauntlet has the hands down best piece of the already awesome soundtrack.

:colbert:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Albinator posted:

Posting in this thread because I just, finally, managed to beat Radiance. I am not good at video games, and my previous couple of pIaythroughs I had noped out on the fight - beat HK and decided that was enough for me after a couple of tries at her. However, my kids have played on my account over the years and both had got the achievement for beating her. They've graduated to their own accounts, but I thought I should try to do it so I can say it's there legitimately. It took an awful long time - but I did also add NKG during the playthrough, so I'm satisfied.

Silksong when?

:glomp:

Hollow Knight is a fun game, and I'm glad you kicked butt!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

this achievement will never stain my steam profile

It is a game of many tragedies.

Zote's fate? Not one of them. :colbert: