Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bernie Sanders podcast is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

YodaTFK posted:

The left in 2016: We need to primary anyone who even looks at a republican and remove all money from politics

The left in 2017: Holy poo poo elect centrists and throw money at everything, stat.

This wasn't a primary. The left supported Hillary too in the general

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

evilweasel posted:

the bernie wing gave a token $900, which is being effectively absent

but if you want to be a moron, the DNC gave $3k on March 13th but you don't see anyone saying that was important

Didn't he get a bunch of money from Dailykos? Which "wing" do they represent?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I can no longer follow anyone on Twitter apparently without them retweeting insults about leftists and Bernie Sanders.

Apparently the current sin of the left is not anointing Kamala Harris the nominee three years in advance. This is also somehow Bernie Sanders's fault. It's so loving exhausting.

Look at this for example. Look at this loving thread

https://twitter.com/TeaPartyCat/status/892577081313251328

I don't even know anything about Kamala Harris and had no opinion on her. I didn't plan to tune in to the primary for another couple of years, and mainly all I care about is platform. But holy poo poo this is such a turn off, and it isn't even her fault.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tell me if I'm wrong here, but it's been my impression that, though Bernie stayed in the primary too long, since it ended he has done literally everything asked of him by the Democratic party and been completely non combative. He was 100% supportive of Clinton and had done strategically the things they asked him to.

What is warranting all the loving hate?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Democrazy posted:

I think a lot of it is not really about Sanders versus Clinton as it connects to the actual people themselves. The problem is that among a group of people who supported Bernie Sanders, there has been a lot of nastiness and inability to let the primary go. The same is true for Clinton people. It's not incredibly helpful on either side, particularly since a better play for everyone would be to incorporate more of Sanders' ideas into the party while respecting the needs of all parts of the party to have a voice. Unfortunately, ecumenism isn't en vogue right now.

In short, the primaries have perpetuated with a momentum of their own and have run away from the actual facts of the contest, which was, for the most part for most people, less acrimonious.

I'm just not seeing it from the "Bernie" side. Maybe I don't follow enough of them, but usually anything negative they're saying is just some snark and a bit of ribbing. Everything I'm seeing from the "Clinton" wing for lack of better term is "gently caress Lefty's they're all loving white male mysoginists, look how loving racist you all are". I see a few responses of "can we cool and not fight each other?" And then "NO, YOU ELECTED TRUMP. YOU HATE WOMEN." "I voted for Hillary in the general" "Sure you did, you liar".

I wish I could say I was being hyperbolic and I know this sounds like the "NOT ME! I'M DUMB AND SO GODDAMN CRAZY" comic, but I see literally this every day.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It's gonna be a bizarre primary. It's going to be more stuffed than 2015's Republican primary, debates will look like a trainwreck. Except it will be a stage full of mostly good people with reasonable positions who want to use government to help the poor, with minor disagreements of how to do that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't really think the primary was rigged on anything except name recognition.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

the body responsible for conducting a fair primary was intentionally helping one candidate over all others. that's rigged.

the dnc leads were even leaking debate questions to HRC, cause she's so worthless she can't answer a question well without weeks of prep beforehand

Oh come on. I've seen those leaks. They were nothingburgers. I don't think an idiot at CNN mailing about the Flint debate saying "They're gonna ask about Flint!" made any difference at all, and the various dnc emails with various people being uncomfortable with Bernie were pretty much all replied to with some variation of "Don't use this channel for this purpose". There is no evidence of thumbs on the scale when it comes to any electioneering activity. There's just evidence some people at the DNC didn't like Bernie, which, no poo poo. They don't appear to have done anything about it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That "reward" position was an unpaid honorary title.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

yeah, you guys argued this constantly back when it happened too. if it's such a worthless position, why did hillary have to give it to DWS? if it wasn't a reward, why was it being offered even though it made hillary's campaign look terrible to the exact people she needed to bring in (and she loving knew it would hurt her too!)

doesn't make much sense for hillary to harm her campaign by bringing on trash like dws for absolutely no reason. especially when said trash was just found to be colluding with her campaign and was an obvious liability

Cause DWS was a personal friend and in her eye deserved to leave with some shred of dignity.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We had a Muslim president for 8 years already guys.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

isn't shielding DWS from the scorn she very rightfully earned with her corruption rewarding her? of course it is. whose hill 2016 permatoxx alt are you btw?

in any case, with posts like this, it's fairly obvious why you think DWS's tenure was good and the dems weren't rigging the primary:

I voted Bernie man I don't know what to tell you. Also I stand by that Manning statement. I've never toxxed for anything except getting a thread done on time. DWS was incompetent and a bad DNC leader and a bad politician in general but she didn't deserve the treatment and raw hate she got. Her life at that point was nothing but people telling her to loving die. Zero reason for Clinton to also throw her under the bus.

And thanks, before I had said I had only seen extremists from the Clinton wing and not the Bernie ones. Now I have. Get the gently caress over the primary.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JailTrump posted:

I agree the racist justice system needs to be reformed 100%. First by eliminating and modifying the jury system and by introducing color blindness to trials.

Would that even be possible? What if the accused needs to testify? Or an accused acquaintance or relative? Even geographical information about where the crime took place will likely give away the defendants race

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JailTrump posted:

Augmented Technology could probably be used to paint over peoples faces you know.

As well as every party's voices and dialects and location of the crimes? Are eyewitness accounts or video footage of the suspect's appearance to be disbarred?

Ideally race would not be a factor in criminal trials, but eliminating that information from the judge and jury is just impossible.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

call to action posted:

Hillarymen just love telling people to "get over" things, don't they? If they'd won, they'd be telling us to get over Bernie. They lost, they're telling us to get over Bernie. They deliver pizza slogans, Jon Ossoff, and utter failure to communicate a single positive reason to vote for them... and they're telling us to get over the most popular politician in the US.

Y'all should lose the right to speak and be forced to listen for, like, a whole year post 11/9.

That's the thing. I'm not a Hillary man. I voted for her in the general only but Bernie in the primary got my support, volunteer hours, and money. Hillary was a terrible candidate. I think anyone would be insane not to think that. But I also think you'd have to be equally as insane to still be focused on DWS thumb on the scale and DNC unfairness. Far more egregious a cuplrit than them in favoring Hillary was media coverage and simple name recognition, and Jeff Weaver repeatedly making Bernie look bad.

The DNC was frankly far too incompetent to have a large effect on the primary.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Aug 2, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if, rather than jailing parents for kids being truant, you assigned a case worker who could pick the kids up in the mornings to take them to the bus stop if necessary?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress, you could just hire a loving tutor and homeschool the kid for less than the cost of jailing the parents.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I told you I'm not a centrist, regardless of my belief that attacking Clinton's rotting corpse is more of a waste than the Democrats. I'm completely on board with criticism of living Democrat centrists threatening to run for president.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

i wasn't accusing you of being centrist. i was sharing a similar sentiment i had earlier

I know, I was referencing the earlier conversation

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

JeffersonClay posted:

If the truancy problem is due to willful neglect, which is the type we're talking about prosecuting, I don't think you're necessarily correct.

I've already quoted the law in question and I'm right.

1) Student needs to be chronically truant. That means missing more than 10% of school, non-excused, so illness/family event doesn't count.
2) Parent is only prosecutable if they've failed to "reasonably supervise and encourage school attendance"
3) Parent is only prosecutable if they've previously received "language accessible support services to address the pupil's truancy".
4) If found guilty, the court has a substantial number of non-fine, non-incarceration options as remedies.

That 10% number is ridiculously low, imo. Especially given that usually for medical absence you need a doctor's note, and guess who can't afford to go to the doctor.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What if instead of prisoners being forced to do slave labor they could earn a college education on prison campus. Like, what if your core were literature, ethics, philosophy, science, and after that you move on to one of a few different available programs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I might actually love this. Centrists are dumb enough he might actually suck enough air out of the room that he becomes the only viable centrist and a leftist can actually win the primary.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/900153026631139329

Bernie Sanders announces his retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Condiv posted:

he didn't lose based on his ideas, he was cheated by the dnc :whitewater: