Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001
Where's the best internet place to watch the results come in? I'd prefer something like the Monty Python silly party sketch if it can be managed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

This can't be real because one of the names is literally almost Dumbledore's name.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

I lived there for 2 years but I really really don't understand the British upper class. Also how many times did he get punched in the face at Eaton or Exeter or Equine or whatever school he went to. Because that picture makes me wish for some kind of quantum teleportation device so I can reach through the screen and throttle him.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Norton the First posted:

Also his dad famously helped get Mick Jagger and Keith Richards out of prison when they were convicted on drug charges.

Maybe he helped get a marriage license for the other Stone when he married that 13 year old. That seems right up the alley of a British upper crust poseur.

Shaffness has issued a correction as of 21:44 on Dec 12, 2019

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

twoday posted:

subtle kitler

That cat is clearly an anti-Semite, must take after it's owner.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

How much are you gonna spend on the NHS now lmao.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Yes England will be like Brazil now except not good at football.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Grape posted:

"Cold Brazil" is the US's destiny.
You guys are going to be "Mini Russia".

I'm actually American, so this to me is really hilarious not quite 119 levels but close. We still have a couple of chances to avoid being cold Brazil, but it's really nipping at our heels.

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

KaptainKrunk posted:

Bernie sanders runs (and loses the popular vote), Republicans regain house, get a supermajority in Congress, Trump is reelected

Don't you speak this evil into existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

Grondoth posted:

Yeah. Realizing he was so hated and that his party's loss was because of vote splitting with the Brexit party both made this make sense but also made it cosmically sad. His manifesto was hope for a better world, and his gamble was that Labor could put aside whether to leave or remain for the time being while they voted to ensure a better future. He was wrong. It's a result that makes these non-applicable to any other country, but yet somehow it feels like a suffocating darkness.

I think this might be it. It feels to me like labor voters took to outright fascism rather than leftism. It's grim to witness.

The British historically wanted bad things to happen to other people (their colonies) now that they have none they're just snakes biting their own tongues.