Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Drunk Nerds posted:

Remember last year, when drafting some guy (I forget whom) would freeze the draft, and since he was ranked pretty well ANY draft with an autopick team would inevitably crash.

Justin Forsett, and yeah that was a loving disaster.

I've always been fine with Yahoo, but that's what 95% of my leagues have always been hosted on so I kinda grew up with it. It's all I knew. Now I have leagues on NFL.com and ESPN too and I really don't like either of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sataere posted:

Ameer was a decent RB2 last year until he died.

He played like...a game and a half.

He had 18 carries. His one full game was against a bad Colts D.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Abdullah had a better YPC against Tennessee tho:ssh:

And he had 5 targets in the Indy game. I still believe in AA

Don't get me wrong, AA has value and think he could be a solid mid-late round pick this year.

Just calling him an RB2 last year based on 6 quarters of play seems a little disingenuous.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Going back to this, why the hate for Rodgers in the second? I'm in a 6 PT passing td and -3 interception league.

You didn't tell us this. That's a huge (and non-standard) punishment for INTs. That changes things. Rodgers in the 2nd is a much better pick with this scoring.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Drop Howard over Smallwood

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hand Row posted:

I don't like Beckham to begin with, but I still take him at 5 without even considering Evans or McCoy right despite the injury? Half PPR.

Yeah

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jota posted:

Need to drop one player to pick up a kicker in a 2 RB 3 WR no flex 0.5 PPR league

McFadden
Maclin
Robby Anderson
Luck
Doug Martin

Probably just gonna drop McFadden. Only reason I haven't is because he's basically my only backup RB until Week 5 when Martin is back and even with only 5 man benches there isn't a lot of other options out there and I'm deep at WR with Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Alshon jeffrey, Stefon Diggs

If you're deep at WR and don't have a backup RB then I think the easy drop is Anderson, not McFadden.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Just traded Big Ben and Gillislee for Demaryius Thomas in full PPR :thumbsup:

Takes the sting out of benching Gillislee tonight.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Time to sell Gillislee and let another sucker take his 4 carries next week.

Already traded him for Demaryius Thomas :)

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Would love some (extremely early) trade advice. 12 team PPR league. My team:

QB: Carr
RB: Jordan Howard, Darren Sproles, Latavius Murray
WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Tyrell Williams, Pierre Garcon, Rishard Matthews
TE: Gronk

Got autodrafted after Round 5 because I was on a road trip and went through a mobile dead zone, so I'm horrifically thin at RB (and stacked at WR). This is the league I just traded Gillislee for DT - the value there was just too good, even though I need RBs.

Should I offer Keenan Allen for Bilal Powell? It's a hard league to trade in, and very few teams have the RB depth to be willing to move one. This guy does. I'd reallllly rather move Landry, but he already rejected Landry for Powell straight up. Could offer Allen 1 for 1 (injury history scares me). Or like, Landry+Tyrell? Would that be better for me? For him?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ZIGfried posted:

Got a guy interested in my Kareem for Mike Evans. Really tempting to sell high on one game for a stud receiver that's already had his bye. Thoughts?

My other RBs are M. Gordon, I. Crowell, B. Powell, J. Charles.

My receivers are D. Bryant, M. Bryant, J. Maclin, C. Davis, D. Moncreif, T. Lockette

Seems like an auto mash but having trouble valuing Kareem after his electric first game. 0.5 PPR

I would do this.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Is it crazy to start both Howard and Cohen in full PPR this week? My team is woefully short on RBs and the only other option is Sproles.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Half PPR, would you rather have Melvin Gordon/Devante Parker or Gurley/Reek?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

I have a soft spot for Gordon, love to watch him run.

Are Giovanni or Tolbert worth nabbing? I need someone to go with fournette and the best I can do atm is John Stewart.

Don't think either is. Tolbert vultured that TD because McCoy was getting his wrist looked at. If you're in a Yahoo league you could grab Gio and see how the Thursday night game goes, and then drop him when he inevitably does nothing (this is what I'm doing). That should ultimately be Mixon's backfield.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Oh cool, I'm facing Le'Veon in 3 of 5 leagues this week. Can't wait for the Steelers to force feed him the ball to make up for Week 1.

Alternatively, if he has another dud I've hit the lottery.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ben Nevis posted:

Is anyone avoiding Wilson this weekend? With the way they struggled against GB, I have to think the Jags (?!) are going to just tee off on them.

Seattle is playing the 9ers. I don't own any shares of Wilson, but I'd be starting him if I did.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

OxySnake posted:

I can't tell is he clear to return?

Yeah, he's expected back after their Week 10 bye.

I'm so desperate for RBs that I'm actually considering offering some junk for him just to stash him on IR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I think people are giving up on Powell way too early. Matt Forte is old and will get hurt or slowly phased out imo.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

89 posted:

What's the lowest WR I should move TY for?

Dude isn't hitting my starting lineup with Luck and who knows when that guy plays.

Then why would you move him for a WR?

e: Or did you mean to type "without Luck"? You're selling at or near his lowest value. Why not just hold him?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Fat Lowtax posted:

I'm in a weird spot where I kind of love my team, but I have first waiver priority and we scored 50 points last week.

JJ Nelson? Chris Carson? Wentz or Siemian? TE? Chiefs defense? Probably just gonna go with the defense tbh

Drop Perkins, pick up Chris Carson.

e: or drop Alex Smith

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Quick repost since our WW is basically first come first serve and it's open

I'd go Siemian.

-----

What do we think of Jarvis Landry in PPR? Is this the ultimate sell high moment? Or is Cutler actually just going to pepper him with an absurd amount of targets? Was this just a product of Casey Heyward and Jason Verrett?

I've got AJ Green/Keenan Allen/Demaryius Thomas/Landry as my top 4 WRs in a league where I can only start 3, and my RBs are a horror show of Jordan Howard/Tarik Cohen/Darren Sproles/Jamaal Charles. Trading in this league is difficult, but I really want to move a WR for an RB. Landry was the guy I've been trying to move, but 15 targets is causing me to reevaluate.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

I was thinking of countering for Allen and Derrick Henry?

God no.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

GTJustin posted:

I'm staring at 0-3 this week, going up against the top scorer from week 2. 10 team 1PPR standard

QB Jameis Winston
RB McCoy/Gordon
WR Dez/Emmanuel
TE Austin Hooper
Flex Lamar Miller
Def Rams
K Dan Bailey

Bench - Olsen/Big Ben/Ameer/Doug Martin/Jordan Matthews/Tarik/Raiders

I've got #2 waiver, currently have the following in order
Add Chris Thompson, drop Ameer
Add JJ Nelson, drop Jordan Matthews
Add Buck Allen, drop Raiders

Alex Smith/Siemian are also available at QB, plus Shane Vereen, Derrick Henry, Chris Carson, Alvin Kamara for RBs. Jermaine Kearse, Allen Hurns for WRs.

Ideally I'd try to package some RB depth and either Dez or Emmanuel for a better WR? Help remake my team and get me out of this rut.

My drops, in order, would be Raiders, Ben, Olsen, Matthews. Ameer just had the highest rushing total of his career - seems like an odd time to drop him if you felt he was worth rostering before this.

Don't get Thompson. Henry, Carson, and Allen should all be grabbed ahead of him. Nelson too.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

tonic posted:

Are people holding onto Olsen without an IR spot?

12 team standard league and the WW is pretty barren for TEs, so I'm considering holding him but could use another bench spot.

I wouldn't hold him without an IR spot. Jones fractures are no joke; there is no guarantee that he even plays again this year, let alone plays well..

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'd say having Buck Allen and Crowder on your bench in a 14 teamer is pretty drat good.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I got an offer of TY Hilton and Duke Johnson for Demaryius in a PPR league. My heart wants to accept because I love TY and I'm desperate for RBs, but this is a no right? Just way to much uncertainty/shittiness in Indy?

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Thoughts on holding on to Baltimore D? I haven't actually watched any ravens games so I can't tell if they're legit or not. They've also played two bad teams.

Blake Bortles. Start the Ravens.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Riddick is the perfect plug in bench flex play though. His floor in PPR is like 8 points. I'm probably higher on Riddick than most though.

I mean yeah, I'd rather have Riddick on that bench too. But it's not like it's completely barren.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

OxySnake posted:

How deep is your bench? If you can keep Hilton until Luck returns without eating like WR 40 lottery plays I would do that.

Full roster:

RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles
WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Pierre Garcon, Tyrell Williams

So I'm stacked at WR and could certainly hold TY while starting Green/Allen/Landry every week. I'm just thinking I should try to find a better deal for Demaryius, because I'm not convinced Luck is going to be back any time soon.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Full roster:

RB: Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, Darren Sproles, Jamaal Charles
WR: AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Pierre Garcon, Tyrell Williams

So I'm stacked at WR and could certainly hold TY while starting Green/Allen/Landry every week. I'm just thinking I should try to find a better deal for Demaryius, because I'm not convinced Luck is going to be back any time soon.

Quoting my roster from earlier. PPR league. Joe Mixon seems like a good guy for me to target as a guy with RB1 potential (owner is starting Fournette and Crowell), but is Jarvis Landry straight up way too much to pay? Seems like too much, but I'm struggling to put together an offer that I both like and consider fair.

I actually offered him Landry for Mixon straight up in Week 1 and he declined, so he might not even be willing to move him. But after another meh week from Mixon and a great week from Landry maybe he'd change his mind.

E: His roster

QB: Wilson
RB: Fournette, Crowell, Mixon, Forte
WR: Julio, Kelvin Benjamin, Cobb, Snead, Moncrief
TE: Henry, Jesse James

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

BloodyO posted:

Trade question: Just received a text asking if I'd be interested in trading one of my RB for A.Rodgers. It's 12 standard scoring 1qb 2rb 2wr 1flex(wr,te,rb) d and k. He already said no to Gillislee. So either I'd be giving up McCoy or Cook.

Lineup
QB- Newton
RB-McCoy
RB-Cook
RB-Gillislee
WR-Cooper
WR-Allen
TE-Ertz
K-Lutz
D-Vikings (usually stream)

Bench
Prescot
Cohen
Thielen
R.Matthews
S.Watkins

Advice appreciated

Do not give up McCoy or Cook 1 for 1. You conceivably put together a larger offer involving one of those guys and A.A.Ron, but a straight swap would be very bad for you.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teeter posted:

I'm trying to sell high on Crabtree since my RB situation is pretty dire. The best offer I've got right now is 1:1 for Lamar Miller which I'm not too keen on. He refuses to do Crabtree for Hyde so here are my options:
  • Trade Crabtree for Miller
  • Try again for Hyde, but package Crabtree +1
  • Stand pat. If so, who else would be a good candidate for a 1:1 trade?

My team, 10 man .5 ppr:
RB:
Isaiah Crowell
Tevin Coleman
Bilal Powell
Marlon Mack
Jamaal Charles
Alvin Kamara

WR:
Mike Evans
Michael Crabtree
Emmanuel Sanders
Jeremy Maclin
Marquise Lee

Agreed that Crabtree for Miller is bad. I'd want to keep Crabs as my WR2 honestly. If you could do something like Maclin for Miller, that'd be worth it. I suspect he won't accept though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

Would it be worth trading Cooper and Gillislee for AJ and T. Coleman in 1ppr league?

I like this deal.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

Got a question about a proposed trade.

My team:

Starters:
Matt Ryan, Atl QB
Devonta Freeman, Atl RB
DeMarco Murray, Ten RB
Michael Crabtree, Oak WR
Davante Adams, GB WR
Delanie Walker, Ten TE
Jamison Crowder, Wsh WR
Packers D/ST
Chris Boswell, Pit K

Bench:
PLAYER, TEAM POS
Paul Perkins, NYG RB
Jack Doyle, Ind TE
Eric Ebron, Det TE
Thomas Rawls, Sea RB
Charles Sims, TB RB
Adrian Peterson, NO RB
Rob Kelley, Wsh RB

Charles Sims is on the block to get dropped to hopefully get Devin Funchess off of waivers tomorrow.

The trade:

I receive -

Brandon Marshall, NYG WR
Giovani Bernard, Cin RB

I give up -
Davante Adams, GB WR
Paul Perkins, NYG RB

thoughts? I leaning towards no, because Adams had a great game last week.

Yikes, that roster. Who else is on the wire? I want to drop half (e: all?) of your bench.

That is a very bad trade for you. Brandon Marshall is cooked. Bernard and Perkins are both trash. Davante Adams is the only good player in that deal.

e: To be fair to Gio he's been alright with his limited touches. I'd rather have him than Perkins, but that's a marginal upgrade and nowhere near the chasm between Adams and Marshall.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 22, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

TommyGun85 posted:

you think that bench is bad?

feast on this:

J. Mixon
JJ Nelson
Higgins
Seattle D (streaming Miami this week)
Rawls
Foreman

I would rather have this bench.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Broken arm for Sproles :sigh:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Fuuuuck

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Just gotta get a kicker that's on an offense good enough to get into field goal range and then stall out while having a great leg. Zuerlein is my pick going forward since Prater and Bailey are already taken.

This is exactly what he said and those were his predictions based on that theory.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Jordan Howard feels like a sell high right now. That shoulder worries me; he's almost certainly going to end up missing time I think.

The OBJ owner is open to moving him. I'm very deep at WR and would love to consolidate some depth into a better WR so that I can stash more RB lotto tickets. Maybe it's crazy to do this before the byes start...

I've had preliminary discussions with the OBJ owner of Demaryius/Howard/either Landry or Garcon for Odell/Lamar Miller.

It's a 12 team, full PPR, WR/WR/RB/RB/Flex league. Miller really scares me with Foreman coming on, but I'm so shallow at RB that I need to get a RB back in the deal. It'd likely have to be Miller or Kamara.

This would leave me with a roster of:

RB: Lamar Miller, Cohen, Jamaal Charles
WR: Odell, AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Landry/Garcon, Tyrell Williams, JJ Nelson

RB is obviously really ugly, but that pass catching group is beastly in a 12 team PPR league and I feel comfortable starting Cohen every week. I'd still have 4 very good WRs which would help cover all of their byes.

--------------------------------

tldr: Demaryius/Howard/either Landry or Garcon for Odell/Lamar Miller. Thoughts?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

I would.

Me too.

Butter Hole posted:

Tyreek Hill? To me Howard is worth more. I think your RBs would be weak and your WRs seem fine as-is (Thomas, Jeffrey, Thielin seems fine?)

I know people are down on Howard but I think it's over-blown, the man was a monster on Sunday and that's with the AC injury he has, against a good defense to boot. If you're desperate to sell him Tyreek is fair but after this week I'd probably want a little more.

The problem is the AC injury isn't going to go away if he keeps playing. He was reportedly slow to get up on a number of second half plays. That scares me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

Who wins in standard

Team a: D. Thomas, Chris Carson

B: Michael Thomas

Id be team a. I have khunt, montgomery, Martin, Rodgers kamara and Kelley. So idk if i necessarily need an rb and may be trading just to trade. My other wrs are Baldwin, Hogan, ginn and snead. Thinking i stand pat

I'd stand pat. Demaryius has stopped scoring TDs, dating back to last year. I'm trying to move him before people realize that.

• Locked thread