Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turn back, thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

or you could wait until it comes out on Switch, since DS3 was reported as running on it a while ago in some leaks and From Software's name was on that 3rd party list.

DS1 on a Switch would be interesting, wonder if it would run at 60fps

Its not happening.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo put up a list of companies that they gave a dev kit to and all of a sudden theres secret dark souls ports already running on hardware and from is gonna support nintendo with its new software etc

I'm skeptical.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who published that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you cant pause or suspend dark souls when its running without quitting the game so i dont see it on hanheld

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Y/N on Flinthook/Sexy Brutale/Edith Finch/Everybody's Gone to Rapture (I already have this on PS+ but I never got around to it)

I have only heard people say sexy brutal is great

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

the general word on flinthook i've heard is that the basic gameplay is fun and it looks great but it should not be a roguelike

I own too many games that should not be a RL. i love ADOM a lot, its one of my favorite and definitely most played games and i love spelunkys take on blending genres of insane random pain and cute action but a lot of game devs just gently caress that up somehow and make their platformer unfun to play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

I can't imagine Flinkhook NOT as a roguelike :shrug:

I mean, those elements are just sort of what the game is.

Its like darkwing duck but it feels good and also its a roguelike for no reason

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone got a strat for beating the spider boss early in xenoblade? Its an overwhelming fight for a first real boss

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

I tried to play smt4 and died three times in the first dungeon

I beat it in february. I saved after every fight. Like a third of my playtime was saving.

The newest one is much better about it, i dont think you pay any tax if you die.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I didnt buy prey for today because there were no reviews and i hope bethesda's preorder numbers are lovely on account of their secrecy experiment

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The demo is pretty lame amnesia plot garbage i was unhyped by it. I was hoping to see some of the cool powers in it but it felt very tired to me and the sound design is very bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Giant bomb says that prey 2017 will delete prey 2006 if purchased on steam and 2006 is not available to redownload if it happens to you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Did this happen with Doom last year? Is original Doom available to buy standalone on Steam?

Dont think anything happened like that with doom but not sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brad from gb says the ps4 input lag in prey does not feel fixed after patch, but he is also a legendary bad quick look guy who so far in this video has just hit robots with a wrench for 10 mins

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would have gone with lunch for the lords

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

How is Dragon Quest Heroes II? I tried the demo and it was pretty fun, though I remember hearing the first one had some dubious tower defense elements. I enjoyed how fluidly you could switch between playable characters, though.

That sounds really promising. I'll have to check it out sooner than later. I really dig its overall atmosphere from what I've seen, though I'm trying to keep myself unspoiled so I'm not watching too much.

Dqh2 rules. Fully expands every feature of the original into new places. If you like hack and slash its must buy

Also The tower defense was the meat of the first game and was actually awesome and tense.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

I probably heard about it from someone who doesn't like tower defense, then. Is it also a core part of the sequel?

I'll probably pick it up either way. The demo was fun and I love a good hack and slash.

There are more types of encounters in the game now due to the shift from mission select and small map instances to open zones with many available quests to do.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 6, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"We are giving you temporary custody of the Rabbids license until this whole takeover gets resolved."

"Do you want them back after it's done?"

"Nnnnnnnnnnnah you can keep 'em."

Other way round. This is a ubisoft developed game like the capcom zeldas or more likely the phillips zeldas because rabbits are trash

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

what exactly is Ark Survival Evolved/why is it near the top of the EU PS4 sales charts every month

Its a survival sandbox early access thing that minecraft babies grew up and got into

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was only cool pre portal. The things they did technically are very cool and had big influence but as gameplay its not engaging

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Prey should have had wallrunning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no its ducktales

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Goddammit do I want Prey. At least I finally got Sleepy Dogs to play through when it was on sale last week.

Prey will sell poorly and be 30 bucks by september

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neurophage posted:

Is system shock 2 worth playing if I was unimpressed by Bioshock?

I'd be really surprised if it wasnt remade in the next 5 years

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they have no games and a horrible pr year so maybe not dead but probably going into a holding pattern until someone thinks of something better than games to do with it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i tried to beat persona 5 all weekend but after adding 20 hours to my play total in only 25 game days there's still more to go.

now i gotta think about it all day at work.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is the first time i played one that didn't manage to trick me into with a bullshit bad ending dialog choice thought so that's a bonus. they still ask the bad ending questions but i'm wise now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sefal posted:

Nier Automata Is really good imo. Looking forward to playing through the DLC. But 1st finishing up Persona 5.

What I wouldn't give to have a week off and just play Persona 5.

Not enough time

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/caVFyID9PTY
Exclusive footage of halo fest 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If spiderman is good im gonna be loving happy so im pretending its gonna be bad on no evidence to prevent hype

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I did it i beat persona 5, true ending

Super game if you can hack it through 70 hrs. The ending is a great payoff too. Final boss fight is fun even though visually it looks kinda like every other japanese final boss ive seen lately.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

And gears

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They probably think like xbox 360 is dead forgetting that mcc came out and flopped

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

psychoJ posted:

Prey is extremely good and it's in the top 5 games this year, easy

Persona 5
Zelda
Hzd
Yakuza0
Resident evil

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

raditts posted:

Why would someone be wearing their own merchandise if they didn't want people to recognize them

Maybe they bought too much merch and mot enough clothes with their youtube money

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh yeah i forgot nier goty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

Just because you link clickbait doesn't mean you have to be as disingenuous about it. All it says is that they haven't started on the next ME game yet. The MP is still being supported (today there was a massive balance patch for it) so it's not "on hiatus".

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope housemarque shows matterfall at e3 its been like 3 years since they announced it and its a sidescrolling shooter so idk what they've been up to with it.

• Locked thread