Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Victory Position posted:

is this guy seriously arguing against people planting roots and building a community in their worry-free rent-controlled apartments instead of business tenants doing the same

neoliberals want people to be like sharks, always moving, never stopping, just a river of humans constantly churning all over the world, like something out of a nightmare
except for the rich of course, our benevolent overlords get to have a community

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Mar 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jose posted:

this whole thread is dumb as gently caress but lol

https://twitter.com/SteveMacey1985/status/1401075606805221377?s=20

"I was brought up in a guardian-reading household"
say no more lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I can't find those stats that showed guardian had as many anti-corbyn articles as every right wing rag put together, but that's the moment that (to me) really crystallized their position and function in the media landscape
they're there to keep the left-ish voting public primed with an occasional left wing and even radical article (monbiot, hickel, etc.) and then funnel them into centrism when the chips are down by savagely enforcing the limits of discourse (liberal capitalism)
they're the fucker holding the carrot in front of the donkey so he will carry them around, utter scum

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

ASAPRockySituation posted:

How the gently caress do these ghouls live with themselves

the money probably helps

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Nonsense posted:

This guy is more vapid than Vaush

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kaedric posted:

globe emoji strikes again

don't forget the socks!

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Office Pig posted:

holy poo poo is that barron

where did the time go

the only normal looking male trump in the family
but there's still time to morph into a junior or eric

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

finally a solution to climate change

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

Supreme Court Justice tall giraffe dropping some citizens united truthbombs (this is a reference to the good place, a western live action Isekai )

Anyway does she claim to be a Marxist or something that specific call out is rare among libs

considering her past behaviour, maybe she thinks marxism is some kind of illness

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

KidDynamite posted:

verso seems like they suck do I want to give them money when I buy losurdo and other texts?

they're little bitches

https://twitter.com/Huck1995/status/1392424543759835141

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Kitfox88 posted:

holy hell he looks like someone sucked all the excess fluids, out, that loving face.

lol that's nothing, check this out:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Spiked (also written as sp!ked) is a British Internet magazine focusing on politics, culture and society. The magazine was founded in 2000 with the same editor and many of the same contributors as Living Marxism

Living Marxism (LM) was a British magazine originally launched in 1988 as the journal of the British Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP).

The Revolutionary Communist Party, known as the Revolutionary Communist Tendency until 1981, was a Trotskyist political organisation formed in 1978.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Who can reply?
People @NoraReed follows or mentioned can reply

brave

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

indigi posted:

Nancy still allowed her not to vote for it though, not all that impressive

power works also by being believed in, and public displays like this one, simple enough even for an idiot to understand, serve that purpose

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

this can't be a real person

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Lightningproof posted:

don't bury the lede that the most memorable part of that show was when she would look at people's literal poo poo in little tupperware boxes

uk tv somehow worse than american

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

they didn't do the unstated part which is genocide which means they kicked off a genocide

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'Obsolete people' is an amazing moviebobism

it's like listening to a god speak from olympus except it's loving moviebob

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

what does having a pop even mean, like, it's obvious from context what is meant but I don't comprehend how that is linked to the words "having a pop"

is it rhyming slang

is it like, you punch them and it goes "pop" like a fuckin batman cartoon

i suppose "POP!" is the onomatopeia you'd see in old comics/cartoons/tv shows when someone got a smack so "popping someone" is hitting someone and "having a pop" is another way of saying that

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

John Charity Spring posted:

that loving picrew

lol the username is the best "VOTE SMART 2022"

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

that guy is a philosopher lol

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

the MSF is the only case of one Nobel prize winner getting air striked by another

lol can this fit into the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

i do not think that they're an outright front (since outright fronts are generally rather less useful) but they're absolutely infiltrated, to the point that generally pro-french spy show le bureau had a clear MSF stand-in as a DGSE operative

the bureau might be the best spy tv show i've ever seen
the first 2 seasons of berlin station is a distant second place