Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"
(sung to Brandy and Monica's "The Boy is Mine")

the game is bad
the game is bad
the game is bad
the
game
is
bad

https://gfycat.com/onlyglumdwarfrabbit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah this is the point

They basically admit that eververse was an end not a means.

I mean this could be a crazy game of telephone so who knows what exactly went down but that’s the key takeaway from what new info we got from the interview.

They had a revenue target to hit

they were getting crushed with pushing out DLC to make $

they introduced the eververse to make $ without pushing out dlc

no one talks about this

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

mitztronic posted:

people have been talking about this nonstop since it was revealed in the DTR podcast, literally ~3 days ago

argument ad hominem much???

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Sounds like Bungie got owned in their publisher agreement negotiation or can’t manage their dev teams, likely both!!!

If you enter in a business deal and it’s not obvious who is getting owned......
You are getting owned

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

el B posted:

I have a fun little theory that tei and abgd are the same person, and we're starting to see the ruse slip a little bit.

Wafflehouse, can you dig around a little and create some kind of info-graph to back me up?

"hey I'm looking to build a start up, i've got an awesome idea I just need a technical co-founder to do all the work, know anyone interested?"

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

Hi I'm the bitch rear end self-appointed admin-king and if you apply to the clan I'll approve it. We recently had a spot open up in the slack too if you're interested

new destiny expansion: rise of the bitch king

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

https://youtu.be/QEtVoVAF1Uw

destiny 2 should do a similar vid except 2 people are awkwardly fired from the squad (garcia and the nerd lawyer) to meet 4x4 PVP requirements

Someone tweet this at Luke Smith

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Remember they cast out Jesus for speaking the truth.

And he was both pretty popular and the best pvp player of him and the disciples.

Actually Jesus threw his controller against the wall and rage quit the temple to “make a point”

Similarities are spooky, really

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

It's curse of osiris themed

Therefore it is Good

I plan on talking to Tess downstairs the first night and see what I can get for my tickets from skeet ball

live cam from the Luxor balcony

https://i.imgur.com/WVQRxfQ.gifv

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/UYE0PcM.gifv

the good days

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

It's too bad that rasheed went full benedict arnold, now I have to update all my gifs

https://i.imgur.com/qcUnQHH.gifv

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Game is bad now
Thread is good now

<matrix architect> therefore the true nature, of the system, is balance

....sir this is a Wendy’s drive thru

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Wrecks, having slayed ABGD and assumed uncontested dominance over the dead gay game slack, roasts and serves his defeated enemy’s penis

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/hRb1VG2

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I see the coordinated memes are here

they’re good memes clark

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's weird, somehow me, the "mentally ill" troll, managed to have my finger on all the admin buttons for years but instead of using them I just let things develop organically.

Yet the "Big Dog" can't go more than a month or two without having to press it to call attention to himself, especially when someone takes the piss out of him for this tendency.

You're weak. After all your bitchmade shade and failure to just talk face to face (or e-face to e-face), I enjoyed you begging me to come back and telling you thanks but no thanks, because I figured out who you are.

I'm sure I'll see you around here when you drop in to make a post in my voice/style but other than that, adios amigo.

wow there really is a dril tweet for everything

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

lemme dig up one of my 69 billion old posts at the time of the announcement and beta nah ill just reiterate

4v4 is like the perfectly wrong size in between being able to assemble a full stack and NEEDING to assemble a full stack. The team size is small enough that it's a massive disadvantage to not have even a single player on coms and coordinating, but large enough where you can't easily gather everyone. Destiny being 4v4 only is maybe the single dumbest decision I have ever seen made in a game, at least one that already had a bunch of set assumptions from having a predecessor. It's basically everything you didn't like about 3s and everything you didn't like about 6s rolled into one boring mess

let's not even get into the facts that the other modes are 3 and 6 man teams so it's even more of a pain in the rear end or the sandbox changes made as a result

this is the correct and good take abgd IS BACK baby

What's interesting to me is that so many of the D2 changes seem to be a superficial understanding of fan feedback (better story, more "lore", cohesive flow from story, events, adventures, etc) and internal goals (simplify to grow user base)

But literally what was the goal for 4v4? if the goal was (presumably) getting the pro crowd,

1. why do they assume pros would rather 4v4 vs 6v6, given there are professional play in the 6v6 universe today?
2. how could they prioritize 4v4 over private matches / ranked play?

it just doesn't make sense fam

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Insane Totoro posted:

I'm absolutely bewildered at "bone krew drama" because it looks like a bunch of 35 year old frat boys who are incoherently screaming at the bar about things their fellow alcoholics have no context for.

Eric Garland level analysis here!!!!!

In this little diorama you are the Milhouse loser waiting outside the bar, forever blocked by the bouncers

In a (futile) effort to avoid being owned, you try and stop random women entering the bar, explaining frantically that actually the apex predator alpha males inside are bad and that they should hang with soft beta participant trophy soy boys

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

What participant trophy beta boys will never understand is even if there is roasting back and forth in the krew it is underscored by a silent but knowing recognition of a fellow alpha apex predator

Like being in the weight room and benching 285lb, and the guy working in doesn’t ask you to re-rack and he doesn’t re-rack

game recognize game

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

DrNutt posted:

This post is embarrassingly bad on every level, even an "whoa totally ironic" one. It's like picking the wrong console forever broke ya'lls brains.

EVERY level

Physical level
Emotional level
Technical level

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

hahahahaha this is actually really good

benedict arnold call back is top tier

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

guys some personal news

in response to the thoughtful and wise feedback located in the "Destiny 2 Console Thread: Just eat his rear end you bitch" thread on the Something Awful "comedy" internet message boards, I have decided to retire the macho "bone krew" destiny 2 gaming clan persona.

I will be starting a new destiny clan, with a persona based on poetry and artisanal coffee entitled "KONE BREW"

DM me if you are interested in joining

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

SUNKOS posted:

There's an interview floating around somewhere from pre-launch that has one of the design leads talking about how the entire crucible team at Bungie told him 4v4 would be a bad idea but he had the final say and seemed really smug about it. Would be interesting to know if he still holds his position or if someone sensible has replaced him, and what his reaction to the reintroduction of 6v6 was.

where did he say this? surprised he would publicly adopt this position

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

thats it folks. shut the thread down, turn off the lights, deactivate the servers

bungies dead

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

actually you're right it was my other alt that still had a free name change

also nice probation evasion

https://i.imgur.com/kBymmRE.gifv

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

PathAsc posted:

The most egregious sin of D2 is that it killed the awesome bone krew gifs

(stav voice)

////// NOW ENTERING THE GOOD rear end GIF ZONE ////////

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

what happens if you play D1 crucible

is it still good

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bitch it might be

bitch its saturday

....when we are all going to play D1 crucible lets do it

https://www.thecut.com/2017/01/a-scene-from-the-d-c-womens-march.html

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

moist turtleneck posted:

Frontier Defense owns if you have people working together and not all Ronins committing seppuku on the other side of the map

bernie subtweet

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

...don't forget there's that tug-off-war tournament tonight!!

fixed it for you

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's called The Decide because when you see it you Decide to do a 360 and go back to playing D1

I think you mean 180

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

I love how Bungie is communicating more, but their "roadmap" slide is just stretching each feature into like 5 bullet points so it has the illusion of things happening.

This company is 700 people large. how many squads are actually working on this

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

is rasheed back in bone krew yet

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No but if I was I would be putting "Bone Krew" and various gamertags in this video (I'm Offset)

https://youtu.be/fGqdIPer-ms

Bitch you might be

....back in the clan with this excellent call out

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

post the mortal kombat bird

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

this the good stuff

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Bone Krew undisputed

FACT

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Thigh-height Crap?

gently caress! Should have used that one!!

battle of thigh gap

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I love auto rifles and have not had a single one drop in ages. I think maybe one in the whole expansion. It’s been nuts. I have a Scathelocke I want to keep at least vaguely relevant so that’s taking a fair bit of cores.

the gambit AR is good, clark

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

Jay Carney posted:

what the main ps4 clan now goldman shaxx looks abandoned (or at least no one is doing poo poo for it since hawthorne isn't touched)

that one thousand voices looks amazing and now I have to run my first raid.

https://i.imgur.com/UFN6oiw.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

i didnt sign off on this

THIS WASNT PART OF THE DEAL