Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Cowering behind a shield of hope and Obamanium
I don't know what's going on, but sometimes Sanders looks normal and sometimes she looks like she had a stroke. Do the photos catch her mid-stress tic?

What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Xae posted:

Both are poo poo. Original Pancake House is supreme.

Forget the Russian's, I'm colluding with dutch babies.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Thank god we're done talking about Kellyanne's looks, can we now please go back to discussing her putting her shoes on a couch! On par with tan suits and treason, imo.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

You see, blacks are better at sports because they were bred for it by the wise masters. :smuggo:

^something many people probably believe. Now you know how they can enjoy it.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

I heard Trump was a dipshit at the jamboree today. I was really hoping for some sort of Tolkien like reveal where the eagles swoop in to save us at the end out of nowhere. Only in the twist it was Eagle Scouts and they realize that Donny never got his Totin' Chit so they handed him a sharp knife and let him hack himself to pieces

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

What did moochs spokesperson say to Tapper?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Infrastructure week is back!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Why does the Capitol have a crypt

Because one day they'll reanimate the bones and Mecha-MLK will destroy the Washington monument just as Trump is predicting. He's standing eternal vigilance over it, waiting.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Regarding the campaign rally, he started doing these almost immediately. Not only does he get to use campaign money, a big point that was made early on is that if it's a campaign rally you can exclude and keep out people much easier than you can if it's just a presidential event.

Not sure how true that is, but I'd believe it.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Very presidential, waiting to get all the facts.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Who would Sessions hate more?

Tyson because he's black?

Or

Sagan because he smoked a lot of pot?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

What's the story with Russia and W.Va. governor?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Kale posted:

This guys so much more inspiring than Trump it's ridiculous. He's also probably toast soon too if Trump thinks he's outshining him with da troops.

A lot was made of the "Hold the line" bit but to me the real damning quote was that "we'll get the power of inspiration back"...cold blooded.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

When Karen pence is on AF1 or whatever do they call it the mother-ship?

Cru Jones fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 31, 2017

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

SCOTUS hasn't ruled in that case, that's just recapping that Trump's DOJ is siding with him. Surprise!

That being said I don't think SCOTUS will rule in his favor because by my estimate 4 more hurricanes should be slamming into the east coast soon and washing it out to sea.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

You know what's sad? I keep asking myself if Mueller has the smoking gun on obstruction or collusion yet.

Then I remember that the president admitted to obstruction on live TV and to Russian diplomats.

He also openly colluded with them at a televised rally.

:(

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Already happened

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

P.S. The cop was a Somali-American named Mohamed, so obviously we won't have problem finding fault in this case.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Crap, forgot to attach photo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Speaking of magnets, Maddow did some reporting on some updated details of those weird "Sonic attacks" in Cuba.

That's probably one of the weirder crazy stories I keep forgetting about with all the other stuff going on

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Don't even have a CBO score for the current version, my gut says this fails, but who the gently caress knows anymore.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Obama never mispronounced African countries.

Helps when you're from Kenya.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Tiffany who?

- all the Trumps

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Speaking of guns, remember when our president encouraged us to shoot Muslims with bullets dipped in pig's blood?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

You still shook Donnie?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I believe that there was information in the dossier about the travel destinations (that were meetings) for one of Trump's lawyers that turned out to be fabricated.

Michael Cohen was supposedly in or near Prague sometime around August according to the dossier.

Cohen does not have any recorded travel right now to/from the Czech Republic but he did fly into and out of Italy in July. And once in Italy he could have traveled to Prague without additional passport stamps.

So the claim is basically unverified, with an interesting tidbit that puts him with the ability to be in Prague within a month or so of the dossier's claim.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/anthonycormier/trumps-lawyer-showed-you-the-cover-of-his-passport-heres?utm_term=.my6qOYM27#.egb8qmOYA

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Did anybody's grandpa eat pizza in WWII?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Not that it matters but Nicole Wallace is shredding Pence's former press secretary on air. It's fun to watch though. Trying for her own Joy Reid moment.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Let's talk about 🍕

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Is he going to sundown extra hard with the time difference keeping him up for a while

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

Best pizza I've ever had in the US was in Colorado.

Specifically, this chain.

I knew what it was before I even clicked the link.

Gimme that honey dipping sauce.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

I see Infrastructure Week is going well

beaten

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Is Alabama a state where you have to spell the name of the write-in exactly.

In that case, what % of people in Alabama can correctly spell Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Legit question, most people here claimed Franken should resign. I think that is probably the right call.

But, it doesn't look like he's going to, especially if this is the only allegation. If he doesn't, is anyone here really going to care in 2 years? Are the MN goons gonna vote against him now?

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Just think of the crap your grandpa had to eat in WWII and he liked it!

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

As a MN goon I will admit I really hoped Franken's situation would be a one-off stupidity before he was elected. The ok apology and acceptance were giving me a bit of hope.

He gotta go now. Sorry Al, it's been fun. Thanks for getting Sessions to commit perjury, please resign.

I give it til end of day before next story breaks, tomorrow at latest.

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

aware of dog posted:

I was reading the CNN article about Franken and this part stuck out to me:

So... grabbing someone's rear end isn't sexual harassment as long as they're wearing pants? Seems pretty hosed up.

They don't call it the Great Minnesota Get-Together for nothing!

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Everybody shut up. Sexual harassment is old news. WHO'S READY FOR INFRASTRUCTURE!

http://thehill.com/policy/361215-trump-promises-to-unveil-infrastructure-plan-after-taxes

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Rigel posted:

I still can't believe that the Senate cardigan lady of rules (who most goons never heard of before today) may end up saving us from this horrible tax bill.

I feel like the Senate parliamentarian is someone who is getting recognized more and more these days

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

Ague Proof posted:

Don't post Seth Abramson. He's almost Eric Garland or Louise Mensch-tier, apparently.

This thread was actually relatively sane, tbh.

But nothing really groundbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cru Jones
Mar 28, 2007

More importantly, as hasn't been discussed a ton. You don't generally call up the Russian ambassador making urgent demands unless you have built a trusted relationship already or are offering some SERIOUS quid pro quo.

• Locked thread