Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i thought covfefe was just "coffee" with a heavy brooklyn accent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I checked back three pages and I'm very disappointed nobody posted this yet

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878946025662296064

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

Seriously, how the gently caress are you and Covok not freaking out over this poo poo? Their missle has a flight capacity of 7000 km. If they achieve a missile with a range of 10,000 km, New York is hosed

Legitimate question as I don't know much about missile defence, but wouldn't something launched from NK to NY get shot down either in the ocean or above a flyover state?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ogmius815 posted:

Hey you know what the main driver of increased costs in education is? I'll give you a hint: it begins with an "h", it's a compound word, and it's been in the news a lot the last decade.

what did homeownership ever do to you

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cimber posted:

I wonder what this weeks insanity will be.

Calling it now: Something will happen at Trump Tower, there will be no casualties and it will be held up as the modern 9/11

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Good to know that Russia is only an insidious enemy when they're talking to Hillary Clinton.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
guys, hold the loving phone. stop the loving conversation. i've just realized there's an issue that could personally affect me here and i don't have time for your stuff

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cingulate posted:

All violence is bad. Suffering is bad. Even the suffering of bad people is suffering.
Sometimes, a violent option will be the least bad option - e.g., when there's a concentration camp to be liberated. But "punching nazis" - even, right now, the handful of actual nazis - is nothing of the sorts. It's bad on every level. E.g., I'm sure it's strongly counter-productive: straight-forwardly playing into their narrative.

Nazi's don't get to pull a persecution narrative, we've spent almost a century learning this.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
god i wish that painting were the president instead

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
racism is evil

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So what are the odds on America loving up NAFTA negotiations so bad that the balance gets tilted heavily in favour of Canada and Mexico? I figure it'll get killed via tweet or backfire to everyone else's benefit.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Xae posted:

When Tax Reform fails I figure Trump will start taking a personal interest in the NAFTA renegotiation and poo poo will quickly go down hill.

If we're lucky Canada adds 50 new provinces.

49, you guys can keep Alaska.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Everyone trips over themselves for a hot take once in a while.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What happens if the dude is korean

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait to play international volleyball over the giant net they'll wind up installing

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kaboobi posted:

I looked back and didn't see it posted but lol he didn't even put in the effort to back date the check so it would look like he didn't forget for months

https://twitter.com/KaplanABC11/status/922603452487946241

smh. Twenty five thousand dollars and no sense...

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/47658...madagascar/amp/

Everyone knows it's a free win if you start in Madagascar. :ohdear:

Wait, this is the Bubonic Plague/Black Death? Didn't we figure out how to treat it years ago, and centuries earlier figure out that keeping things clean and not living in obscenely close quarters stops it?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dejawesp posted:

Standard antibiotics and clean living will take care of the plague but not everyone has access to them.

Oh I know, I just find it hilarious that a british newspaper is hyperventilating about it possibly coming back to them when it's actively killing people in parts of the world that aren't effectively able to deal with it.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
My god she's trying to fillibuster a press conference

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

anti abortion language snuck into tax bill

Hold on, modern man is Homo Sapiens Sapiens. They're just protecting caveman babies.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

sarehu posted:

There's no such thing as society.

Many people have problems but it's their own fault or their parents' fault. Basic poo poo like not having kids while single. Nothing you can do about some fuckup like this besides genetically engineering psychosis out of your offspring or taking away people's freedoms.

ow gently caress tag your takes man, i'm using this phone

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
its fake

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The bowling green massacre has come to pass

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Giggy posted:

I know it's a derail but I find it interesting.

I actually think LBJ deserves more respect and should be decently high on the list, despite the crime that was the Vietnam war. The Civil Rights act and Great Society were landmark achievements even if he didn't achieve everything he wanted with the latter.

He was also just a very competent politician who knew how to get poo poo done.

He also whipped out his dong on the reg to intimidate people so I'd rather nobody follow his example

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Spaced God posted:

Trump thread II: the midterm taint

it's time for a new thread anyway because awful app cries out in anguish when loading this one

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I propose two threads: One for regular posts, another for responding to the first thread. Quoting another poster in the first thread results in an autoban.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

What in the hell. One thousand five hundred posts about nothing but rape. This is a ridiculous race to the bottom of who is the most pure person that has never hurt anybody ever while burning down anybody and everything in the name of absolute purity. Gleefully joining the right wing witch hunt that make McCarthy a friendly pat on the back.

What goddamn world are you living in where victims of sexual assault finally having the courage to come forward and change the conversation around the issue is equivalent to or worse than the communism witch hunt?

oh, right. men's america.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If we get rid of all the rapists, who will be left to rape?

Makes you think.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

Humanity does poo poo things all the time and I sure as gently caress have. Given the absurdly low bar that has been set I have definitely intentionally or otherwise sexually assaulted and been sexually assaulted by both men and women. Its great all these people are coming forward and the conversation is happening but the disproportionate punishment is completely out of hand destroying who are otherwise good people who have done great things for the people on nothing but a thoughtless misstep or two. It's disproportionate to the point where its like smoking weed lands you in jail.

These good people are willing to make amends the best they can who are also the best people to push for improvements. But nah, lets burn everyone who ever looked sideways at anyone ever.

:yikes:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

I am talking about the super low bar and the disproportionate response. A stupid thoughtless photo has the same weight as someone whose entire behaviour around women is to assault at first chance.

It’s purity test taken to the absolute extremes with equally absurd results. If your mindset is punish punish punish as the only path to absolution no matter the level of offence that’s hosed up.

if the gravity of your actions leaves a big enough impression that somebody (typically multiple somebodies here) still has to deal with it 10+ years later and you've just plum forgotten about it, as the situation has been with everyone getting crucified right now, chances are approaching 100% that you're firmly in the second category.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
hmm this senator jacked off onto a few interns, but he hasn't penned a mandatory rape bill so he can't be that bad

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I mean I agree that Hebdo is a gathering of hideous fuckwits but what's prompted this from the president?

VVVV oh huh

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Alton Brown, it was nice knowing you.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

nwo hatchet man posted:

me: you're poo poo

also me: you should agree with me

yeah

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

This belongs in a museum

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It took us millions of years to adapt to life on this planet and techbros want to abandon it so they can live in a series of dingy hamster tubes on a big dusty shitball.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Protect the gorgeous vista right outside my window? Oh no no sir, I need to do a few more calculations so that in 50 years 8 miserable jackasses can strain sand for copper for 13 hours a day.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I could live on the only planet in the known universe that I can walk around on, breathe on and eat poo poo off the ground on. Alternatively, i could spend my days on a planet half my lifespan away and drink my own reconstituted piss infinitely.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

Look how reliant humanity is on a very small group of people with an insane leader not ordering a nuclear attack he so obviously wants an excuse to order. As long as we're dependant on a single planet, with the power to make that planet virtually unlivable for humanity, we're extremely vulnerable as a species.

If the alternative is explaining to my grandchildren that we blew up the earth because the juche got loose, I will torch every single shuttle off this rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
e: double post

• Locked thread