Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm glad that it won't be possible for almost any of that to happen in the books that we may or may not get before GURM dies of fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
now wait a minute are they saying in the show that robert strong is really just gregor clegane in a disguise? the book made it clear that a bigass skull got mailed somewhere else so he had to have a different head on the old giant body if he wasn't a frankensteinean horror top to bottom

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm generally just pretty glad that I only started reading the books the year DwD came out and avoided the show entirely after watching a few scenes that looked a lot less grandiose than my mental image had been from the book.

Spfcly the tourney where they say the King used his superhuman medieval general shout to get the mountain to chill in the book, and he just kinda grumbles it in the show.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 01:14 on May 29, 2017

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drowned in pussy juice posted:

Maisies future is fine as long as kids doing retarded things on vine is somehow profitable

vine died

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is that supposed to be an actual fight from the actual show

are they supposed to be killing eahc other it looks like a community theater swordfight

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is making me not want to see the last two books anymore

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

you sit down like a bitch

you carry a tube like johnny knoxville has to now

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extra stout posted:

who remembers the part of tonights episode where they literally read a tumblr quote about pronouns as dialogue

if the guy with 200 rape fantasies actually wrote that in his books 20 years ago color me surprised and wrong

what now

i read the books and i remember nothing of the sort

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facebook jihad posted:

Probably my biggest nerd rage in this show is that apparently the society has been like this for thousands of years. You'd think they'd be evolving like normal societies but no we still have dark age technology and poo poo. I point this out because 'oh we made a big crossbow' is clearly some form of technological marvel, you think with the explosive green stuff guns would be on the way and in 500 years it would be like WWI GoT with machine guns or something which would be cool.

I guess really that's why I can't get into fantasy like this and Star Wars. My autism should allow me to enjoy it but instead my autism makes me hate it. I'd rather watch Game of Trains or something.

Also I'm still kind of annoyed that it appears 'oh a huge load of dragon glass is in dragon stone that no one knew about at all but Samwell found it' is going to be the big plot point that will help the people against the ice guys. Like how am I going to believe no one ever knew about that?

Show bad

china stayed socially stagnant for over a millenium before

and in the show poo poo like that green fire depended on magic and all the magic went to sleep

magic kind of rules poo poo and the one place that was supposed to have fancy technology 1000s of years ago got killed by a meteor or something

also with the decade long winters people probably focus on survival more than anything else

poo poo after the revolution they didnt even change the government at all

same fuckers in charge as before, new king same as the old king incest and all

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did anything ever come of all of robert's bastard children, like that one blacksmith dude or were they sacrificed on the altar of the god of making things take another 3 books

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

COMRADES posted:

In the books he has no head. They sent it to Dorne.

in the books you dont know what's going on under the helmet because he appears once, and he's talked about once, and there's nothing else known yet

he probably has someone else's head, and it's too small so the helmet is bolted onto his neck or some poo poo

orrrrrr qyburn pulled out his bones to mail to dorne to cover his tracks and the hlemet is robert strong's skin

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

COMRADES posted:

Admittedly I haven't seen the latest episode but I'm sure it was some bullshit cowardice :colbert:

Well but you have to read between the lines with these books.

Exhibit A: The skull sent to Dorne was notably huge - they didn't send them a fake

Exhibit B: Bran's vision - "There were shadows all around them. One shadow was dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood."

Circumstantial I guess but in the books you can't see inside his helmet, a few different characters mention it iirc.

Yeah maybe there's some skin puppet thing going on in there or it's someone else's head but his head is definitely removed from his body and in Dorne.

ill bet qyburn glued some random rear end in a top hat's brain into the helmet

oh gently caress what if it was tywin's brain, would it have gone sour yet?

there could be any brain in there, poo poo there could be like 3 brains in a big pile

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is there like a plinkett review kind of thing on how and why the show turned to garbage

i would pay money for something like that

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also poor grrm, if he writes a good book everyone is gonna be mad at him for undermining the show

cunts, the lot

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and i love

posting

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont want to actually watch the show someone tell me

is the big dragon dead or hurt

what happened to jaime when he attacked daenaerys targaryen

is daenaerys targaryen dead or hurt

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
as the rape leaves him so does the evil

when he is pure, he will have earned the right to survive

why do people get so much more fandomy for television shows than movies

is it just the constant reinforcement

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
would anime or the made in america answer to weeaboos that i shall not utter here be as bad if all that stuff was movies and not mostly shows

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Raider posted:

i thought he and the wildling hosed off somewhere in like book 3

i thought those were the swamp people

like south into the swamps and not north at all

they said they were going to the moving swamp nomad city that no one can conquer because you have to live in the swamp to know where it even is

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
game of thrones [ robert;s rebellion
game of thrones [ the doom of valyria
game of thrones [ adventures of the dornishmens wifes
game of thrones [ male model rides a dragon with his penis hanging out
game of thrones [ a faceless man has sex with and then kills 35 different people
game of thrones [ war of the ninepenny kings
game of thrones [ adventures of aegon the conqueror;s penis
game of thrones [ adventures of aemon the dragonknight;s penis
game of thrones [ bran the bulder builds the wall and has sex with it

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh god they could actually do almost every one of those

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

Could Bran warg into an earlier version of himself :stare:

different bran

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zzulu posted:

are you sure???

*mysterious music plays*

(dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh ) DING DING DING DING, DING DING (dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh ) DING DING DING DING, DING DING (dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh ) [b]DUN[dun dun /b](dooduhluhDAduh dooduhluhDAduh )

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

COMRADES posted:

I think it is funny that Alfie Allen (Theon) apparently just sat around smoking weed all the time to the point that his sister Lily Allen made a song/video poo poo talking him and now he probably made or will make more money from GoT alone than she is worth total.

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RgOm_WJKpE

well if lily allen had written fewer songs that were bad and more good songs like this one then those tables would not have room to turn

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Universe Master posted:

It's way worse in the books, where he mind rapes Hodor so he can potentially have a big giant working dong to rape-rape Meera.

i don't remember that

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

aphid_licker posted:

Wanna go out for brewskis with Alfie Allen and Euron, they seem chill as gently caress.

They should just go ok gently caress it, gently caress GRRM's notes, Khaleesi falls off a dragon, a falling chandelier wipes out Sansa and Jon at dinner, Cersei now has to unfuck Westeros, deal with the walkers and defend her butt from Euron while Arya keeps popping out of the shadows stabbing at her like Inspector Clouseau's manservant. Just loving wing it. How much worse can it get.

khaleei looking directly into the camera and saying trans issyes must be importanyt to us all while sitting on the dragon

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

boy i really like how the writing gets noticeably worse every episode now

if each of the last episodes are successively the worst one ever made i may actually have to watch them

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

lol imagine trying to write out a timeline for this episode let alone this season

whoflungpoop posted:

same thing they want from trains

the soothing precision of time tables

i welcome any excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As a 32-year-old extremely cynical guy that uses the term 'epic boatsex,' I: