Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

:colbert:

I'm good at breaking ac. Fixing, not so much.

I'm finally used to the car not having ac - so long as the windows are down and I'm moving it's not terrible. I keep getting sunburns on my left arm though. Also on my neck if I drive with the sunroof open. :downsgun:

You get used to it. My left arm is permanently a different color thanks to years of hanging out the window.

Probably gonna get skin cancer eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

There'll probably be bitchin' chrome-plated robot arms within our lifetimes.

God I hope so. Everything from the knee down on my left side is getting replaced as soon as reliable cyberware is a thing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Magnus Praeda posted:

Unfortunately I think the "took full coverage off" means he dropped from comprehensive to collision.

Everdave: was that serious wind or rain or some combination of the two or what? We had a massive storm last August that did similar damage here--power was out to our house for two days and I know a lot of people had crushed cars and damaged roofs.

Will your homeowners'/renters' cover that, given that the damage is the result of a part of your property falling on it? Or is it likely to go under acts of god?

KozmoNaut posted:

Speaking of technological improvements to the human body, I am getting sick and loving tired of wearing glasses. They get dirty, fog up, don't stay put when you're sweating, get scratched easily and cost a fortune, double if you want a pair of prescription sunglasses as well. I want to be able to just buy cheap-rear end sunglasses if I need them, instead of having to lug around two pairs of expensive glasses, or dealing with heavy clip-ons.

What are you guys' experiences with contact lenses? Good, bad, "gently caress I ACCIDENTALLY TORE OUT MY CORNEA gently caress gently caress gently caress"?

My prescription is -0.5 in one eye, -0.75 in the other, very minor astigmatism (<0.25). I generally take off my glasses when I'm indoors, especially if I'm using a computer, because I find it less comfortable in regards to eyestrain to keep wearing the glasses. Dunno if this could be an issue.

I've had good luck with them myself. Switched because paintball masks and glasses just don't loving work. Just be paranoid and anal about your cleaning routine and/or replacing disposables on time, having an eye infection and also being blind again because you forgot to rinse them sucks.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 2, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

http://www.geekyjerseys.com/product.php?id=258

:perfect:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Locator posted:

Perfect in every w... holy poo poo, $100! Ok, not quite perfect.

Yeah, they're not exactly cheap, but they're also pretty high quality fully custom hockey jerseys.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

Holy poo poo do want.

That's just what shirts built like actual hockey jerseys cost.
Sucks, but they all cost that.

Edit: a friend has the Doctor Who one from there. It's really well made, and seems to be made just like a real sports jersey, with sewn on letters and numbers.

I'm a horrible nerd, so I ordered Rockastansky, #79. :)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

But did you spell the name right on the order form?

Yeah, I just fat-fingered it here. Order form says Rockatansky as is proper.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

That's good, I wanted to make sure since they're pretty drat expensive.

Yeah, I went back and triple checked after it was brought up to make sure.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

cakesmith handyman posted:

"I push for maximum sentencing m'lord, there were bodies everywhere!"

So how do people deal with depressive cycles round here when the weather gets too bad to get into the garden or on the bike?

Pick up heavy things and put them down again.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DICK DICER posted:

You have no loving idea what two years of excruciating pain coupled with loving flesh boring worms even inside your eyes, and being totally unable to convince even one person they exist and its not all in your head.

Can your buddy hook you up with his doc, since clearly that guy knows what he's looking for? I'm sure he'd be down to see a second case of a crazy loving rare in the US parasite.

Good luck, man.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

the spyder posted:

I'm going to call tomorrow. It gets more complicated, as the car was apparently found abandoned on a property the owner purchased in Cali nearly 30 years ago. They brought it to Oregon when they moved here 20 years ago and it sat in the garage since. He just passed away... so I'm going for impossible to title. My friend was hired to work on the car and was left/gifted the car by the estate. He has a bill of sale from the widow/estate. This should be fun...

Eh, bill of sale will get you a bonded title most places, and if nobody's contesting it it'll be safe as houses.

If your state requires a safety inspection, though, you may have more trouble.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Nintendo often seems to have their collective heads up their asses. Just look at the supply issues with the NES Classic.

Not just supply issues, but responding to the supply issues and people being unable to get them by discontinuing it despite huge demand.

I'm not likely to ever bother with another of their products because of stuff like that, their offerings all seem to end up behind the tech curve or just plain impossible to get because they somehow continue to underestimate demand on everything in TYOOL 2017.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

everdave posted:

You are supposed to test the lines and stuff with soapy water on a gas grill (lol haven't done it in years) but barring 1 in a millions explosions propane grills are safe

The big killer for propane grills is the internal lines at the burners rusting out and creating a situation where much more gas is coming out than expected all in one place. For a real barn burner, it can melt the controls.

Inspect your grill every couple months, cover it when not using it, and don't leave it out in the snow and you shold be fine.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Olympic Mathlete posted:

My girlfriend was given tickets to a Thrones tour in Ireland and asked if I wanted to go on the proviso that I watch the show. I relented aaaaaaaaaand it's actually really good. Basically don't fall in love with any character and your heart won't get broken. :'(

Just don't read the books. The author has basically crawled up his own rear end in a top hat and decided to spend his time watching the Jets lose at football and perving on fans rather than write a word.

freelop posted:

Just encountered an unexpected hazard whilst cycling at night.
Thought there was another bike ahead as I saw a red flash of light but when the beam became solid I saw it was someone shining a laser pen in my eyes. 15 mins later and I can still see dots

Some oval office of a child was doing that from one of the apartments in my block a few months back. His parents really didn't appreciate it when he tagged one of the local cops and they rolled the place for loot at 1:30 AM on a Wednesday to make a point.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 17, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Father's Day gift: two hours on a steeply gabled roof in 95deg full sun, pruning back a shitload of oak so he'll pass this year's fire inspection. He's a bit too old to do it himself and he had a falling-out with his longtime handyman, so I did it sneakily while he was at a car/trailer show. Only almost slid off once!

Happy Father's day to you fertile dudes.

Good work dude.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

you can make buffalo wings with any louisana style hot sauce

i'd take franks over tobasco but i like crystal extra hot for that style of sauces

You shut your mouth.

60/40 Frank's gold and butter is tasty.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 22, 2017

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

My wallet was already crying. Only drawback of the Interceptor, rubber ain't cheap, and I just had for BFG T/As put on.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

NitroSpazzz posted:

Dream home stuff that we don't really need. In reality should just get rid of that category and keep it as simple as possible. The less options and extras we put on there the less non-ideal houses we'll have to weed out.

edit: what the hell is it with people not correctly or even bothering to fill out the parking spaces section. Discovered I can view only homes with 3+, 4+ etc on redfin but I'd guess 1/4 of the houses are wrong

Game chat: reinstalling Kerbal since I only put in about 5 hours on a computer that barely ran it after buying it

Realators are loving terrible at giving accurate information on properties online.

The number of townhomes and condos I go through in my search results because some chucklefuck can't even flag the property type correctly is absurd.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

rdb posted:

And all of this is such a first world problem that its wrong to even rant about it, and that adds to the misery to the point where it kinda boils over.

Flying in the modern age is so loving miserable if you're a big dude. I have driven 18 hours to avoid a 3 hour plane ride on Delta, because being six and a half feet tall and overweight means I'll be drat near crippled the day after from ramming my bad knee into the seat in front of me.

NM's got it right, Southwest are the only air carrier I'll willingly fly these days. They don't charge me $50 to check a suitcase, and haven't succumbed to shrinking their legroom the way AA and Delta have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Welcome to America, land of at-will employment.

You might have some tiny chance of fighting it if you had a written contract and were willing to go to court. Otherwise, you work the hours you're asked to or effectively resign via job abandonment.

• Locked thread