Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's almost like Hanson is becoming the type of politician that she always rails against: just there for the benefits and perks, but can't be bothered turning up to committees. Didn't she want Ashby to turn up as her proxy instead of herself for a senate hearing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

So when Pauline comes back again in ten years who will be the new evil after China then Islam?

Americans

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

And it took two "journalists" to write it

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

FYI blocking putlocker would gently caress up alot of Anime streams.

Rupert you monster!

I knew something good would come out of the blocking of websites. Thanks Rupert!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

EoinCannon posted:

Didn't that kind of kick off the Fitzgerald inquiry though? We probably won't be getting a royal commission into political donations as a result of this ep

The Inquiry only happened because Joh was out of the country at the time and the deputy leader started it without Joh's knowledge

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

norp posted:

I like to think Four Lions is a documentary that applies to most of this stuff

Yeah, it's getting scary how close these attacks are to what Chris Morris came up with in that movie

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

bullshit, Caleb doesn't have two friends

Caleb lives in Adelaide as well

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

I love it when Queensland keeps on filling it's stereotype
Fixed that for ya, cos ya know.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

starkebn posted:

I thought government corruption was mostly a NSW thing recently

Dude, Sir Joh and the white shoe brigade made it government policy in QLD during the 70s and 80s.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

It's amazing how stupid our federal agencies are from the fallout of the Khayre killings.

Yet it won't stop ASIO asking for more ways of destroying our privacy

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NTRabbit posted:

Never forget Saudi Arabia is a lovely place jam packed full of lovely people, and the root cause of most of the worst poo poo happening in the middle east

And the worst thing is they have the USA's stamp of approval to go and do whatever the Saudis want to do in the Middle East. Just when you thought it was chaotic enough

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Cleretic posted:

Help me out, Latika Bourke used to be a decent journalist, right? I'm not imagining that? I swear I remember her having credibility.

There's no such thing as a decent Australia journalist, especially one who's task is to comment/critique on the political scene.

Holy poo poo Mayne has gone off the rails since his Crikey days. But as I have previously mentioned, he was an ex Liberal Staffer for Kennett, so it shouldn't be too surprising

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Birdstrike posted:

greg jericho bithc

Yeah, one person.

Meanwhile the rest of the press gallery just parrots whatever the Coalition and occasionally what Labor says. When was the last time a political journo actually asked a politician uncomfortable questions about their portfolio? Why isn't Dutton being dragged through the mud with him running Concentration Camps in off shore locations? How the gently caress is the racist backwards views of that hellbeast Pauline Hanson still given oxygen in the media? Why are the youth the first to get a kicking by our politicians when it comes to budgets cuts and assistance programs, whereas Baby Boomers reap the benefits of our out of control property market? Why isn't Turnbull and Abbott being exposed for their constant lies? Why the gently caress are Murdoch's shitrags and feral right wing commentators able to set the agenda? Why aren't they being called out for their hosed up racist views? Why has the non-Murdoch media, with the exception for some independent media, become some toothless? Where's the left's version of Andrew Bolt?

And why

why

is anything that looks like it could be a social good, be it a raise in basic wage or higher taxes for the rich some sort of Communist plot?

gently caress the political situation in this country. gently caress the Liberal and Labor uni students who step out of their shithouse inward looking club houses straight into either a seat or staffer position in parliament without even getting exposed to the real world. gently caress the minority forcing the political agenda in this country - why when most Australians want same sex marriage and euthanasia we still have a tiny vocal fuckwit bunch stopping it?

gently caress :smith:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Graic Gabtar posted:

Finally snapped huh?

Watching the Frankie Boyle video just got me riled up when he talked about the media's part in the election in the UK. His words are so true

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kommando posted:

The public :commissar: Sen Destyari

You really seem incapable of learning.

NSW Labor Right, say no more. Faceless Men Inc.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess Perth is OK cos housing prices have crashed there since the FIFO mining people have lost all their jerbs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

If you're building a house don't you also need to either install water tanks or solar panels to pass code these days? Buying a battery on top of that's not too crazy.

The solar panels definitely need to pass code or some sort of regulation. One of my friends is into solar and mentioned that people who put panels on their roofs 10 years ago, but need to pull them off to repoint their tiles or get it painted will find that they can't put them back on because it won't be legal due to today's code.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol as if they old boys club at Melbourne would be the change within. They'd be spitting their cognac in disgust.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Hey The Age, it ain't a controversial plan if 92% of the people want it. It's controversial because the Liberals have an absolute hate hard on for renewables and wind turbines

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

loving LOL. Great work idiots.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

Meanwhile in Queensland...

We hate our environment!

*Bulldozes down the Daintree and blows up the Great Barrier Reef*

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

2/3rd of the Coalition MPs are against the Finkel report. Cool.

Idiots thinking that coal fired power stations are a cheap solution.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Idiot news update:

Gosh I wonder who would benefit from such a standard :iiam:

COAL POWERED BATTERIES FOR EVERYONE

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

HookShot posted:

Worked out for him, he got an extra tenner I guess!

JBP posted:

I forgot my password and Lowtax never replied to my repeated emails for help.

It's like the old LF AusPol days

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Too many earnest posts about the greens being electable.

I meant about us three. I can't remember anyone else in this thread posting back in the LF days. Most of them have either left SA or burnt out.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

ewe2 posted:

Their reason? They were "still working it out". Seriously.

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/874879556758491136

Let me make that clear: they opposed a motion to drop the idea because they weren't sure what their position was.

Meanwhile the Vic Labor says "gently caress you, it's not happening here "

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Kafka Syrup posted:

https://twitter.com/Studio10au/status/875149232159703040

Why on earth is a TV show directly lobbying on TV for a particular government Bill to pass? SURELY, the collapse of Network 10 isn't some immense cartel-like conspiracy to extort media reforms that directly benefit the shareholders of Network 10...? Surely Australian politics isn't THAT corrupt... Surely... surely...

You're new to this, aren't you?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PEOPLE ARE GONNA GET REKT WITH ME ABOUT PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA

Pineapple is only good on its own or in a fruit salad. It shouldn't be involved with any cooked meat.

Fite me :toughguy:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

HookShot posted:

Pineapple on burgers and pizza any other opinion is wrong and trash.

You're not even Australian why are we giving you any time.

Why don't you go and fight Trump about it?

Yoplait is French for Yoghurt

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo finally the ABC reports on the actual reason why we're paying more for electricity!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-19/why-youre-about-to-pay-through-the-nose-for-power/8629090

I wonder how this got past Chris Uhlmann.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

bowmore posted:

Pretty sure some Islamic people just got murdered

the world needs more love

More Love and Less Andrew Bolt.

That'll be my one topic political party slogan

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

She does a lot of great poo poo for unions and worker's rights to be honest. Too bad for you she didn't believe in Corbyn and shitcanned him (so did I :devil: )

Van Badham is a bad person and you're bad for thinking she is good.

Van Badperson.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Close down all private schools, divert money to all public schools, as private schools push the bullshit classism that shouldn't exist in Australia.

And while we're at it, close down all inner city golf courses and turn them into either public parks or low cost housing for people.

Remember people: More Love, Less Andrew Bolt.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tithin posted:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...dfa0d7648fc6180

Pauline Hanson can gently caress right off a cliff into a ravine and take Queensland with her
Agreed. How dare she attack vulnerable students like that.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Good to see Barnaby's reading levels have risen over the past few years

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

They seem to be the worst of the state based Labor governments. Continuing the coal path as if they were the LNP, giving zero fucks about the reef. Have they overturned any of the previous LNP governments cuts like to women's health services?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Don Dongington posted:

Makes you wonder how all the universities are running out of money

Oh wait

Wow, nearly half the people in that photo have either left parliament

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bogan King posted:

I think former politicians should be banned from talking about anything that they didn't do while in office. gently caress you for going 'this is what we should do' when you didn't do anything like that while you were in a position to do exactly that.

Isn't Swan still a backbencher?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I didn't watch it, as it's both News Corpse and Bolt, but I'm guessing there's no winner. Only losers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

JBP posted:

Ricky Muir sucks now, ah well.

Yeah, that kinda sucks. The SFF make the National Party look good with their environmental credentials

• Locked thread