Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

quote:

Join an alliance: we have 7. Just post your name here after you apply to one of our guilds:
Marble Hebrons, Doctor Goons, Goonlactus, Worst Alliance, BOLTAGOONS, Waifu Squad, Buster Highmen

Is this still operative? Are any alliances looking for a new player who maxed out Captain Sharon but still gets his rear end handed to him by loving Quicksilver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons will have a couple of empty slots tomorrow morning after reset, once Conquest is over and I can kick people again. Anyone is welcome.

Thank you! Applied. I look forward to holding you all back.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
So, should I have been upgrading skills instead of uniforms, seeing as how Fandral on level 10 is still beating Sharon and Steve's level 60 fancy uniformed butts?

Is upgrading uniforms a terrible idea in general, and is upgrading a basic uniform an even worse idea? If I get a new uniform, will bonuses from old uniforms transfer over, or will I have to farm biometrics all over again in case I want Fat Thor?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Panama Red posted:

I’ve returned to the game after not progressing very far

I applied to Goonlactus because I liked that name best

I have sympathy for the OP because Hulk is my fav even though he stinks in this game

….I found his Ragnarok outfit extremely useful, with (what I consider to be) mega-automatic healing. Keep in mind I suck the meat missile at this game, though.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

"Pick a side to join!"
*Picks X-Men*
"Sorry, you can't join X-Men!"

It's not really a choice now, is it?

AHHHH, okay, I was going to ask who I should join. The X-Men, on the grounds that the Inhumans were always kinda stupid even though Ms. Marvel is cool? Or the Inhumans, on the grounds that everyone prefers the X-Men?

If it's moot, it's mutie

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Squirrel Girl can realize potential now. First Tier IV character?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I don't mind them trying out a new story with new strategies, although this seems like it's just Incursions. I assume there will be more twists down the road. Sure, there are a lot of cutscenes, but there are only so many ways to make new stories challenging if older players have walking nukes.

Choosing Solid Snake to T2 instead of Blue Dragon was, in retrospect, a poor choice, since Serpentina's biometrics are handed out like candy. (Yes, I think they could have taken a few more minutes on her name.)

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

Do the mega T2s work for premium characters? I feel like past ones I've had haven't but maybe that was selectors. T2ing a regular guy is of less value to me than 6*ing a premium.

I was about to say something along the lines of "I started weeping with joy at the thought of finally getting Colossus to 6 stars"

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Pardon my whining. I'm getting Deliveranced by Iceman in Shadowlands no matter who I throw at him. Carol can knock him halfway down, but she always gets squeezed to death just like everyone else. I read elsewhere that Torch has no trouble with him - do they mean a Torch with his newer outfit and above level 60? Because he's not getting anything done for me now.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I do have a T2 Torch, but original recipe uniform and not extra crispy. I may not have him ISO'd or uru'd up for maximum performance. Most likely I just suck and I need a "win" button. I'm just not used to screaming at Carol and Tony in the locker room, telling them they looked like monkeys trying to gently caress a football out there

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Steve: Thanks! That helped a lot! ....I know everyone was concerned.

I totally go down to the lowest level (1, 10, 20, whichever) on WBU. According to the rewards, there's no difference between 1 and 9, or 10 and 19.

I know I sound like God's original whiner, but I am happy when they up the difficulty in places like Shadowland. I hadn't realized how complacent I was getting about my Tier-3 guys. "Phoenix Five? No problem! ....uh oh"

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
My T-3's, in the words of Gandhi, couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
So, binge-watching A.G.E.N.T.S. of Shield, and I finally know who the heck Lincoln Campbell is. Guess I shouldn't hold my breath for his Tier 3 buff.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

I think they actually managed to make Danger Room even more annoying.

I reluctantly agree. I'm sure some of this is my fault, I can't figure out Danger Room for poo poo and just end up mashing buttons. But the Special Skills seem to either win outright or do absolutely nothing, and I'd rather blame that than my incompetence. At least they're tinkering with it? That's good? I guess?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

And eventually I'll get used to the fact that its impossible to win in Danger Room now unless you team up with a whale.

I'm just here for the cool rear end characters and costumes.
Thank you for this validation. I keep waddling in with what I think is my A-squad and they're either getting carried or murdered.

Having a whale on the other side is actually a mercy, since it keeps the game nice and short.

But yeah, I'm enjoying putting bells and whistles on Beta Ray Bill and Kamala and the like, even if at times it's Marvel Presents Progress Quest.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I justified blowing the 200 on "Well, he is Tier 3, so I'd be spending CCF on a Tier 3 journey anyway." But it is annoying, and I think before too long some of the tasks will have serious sticker shock.

EDIT - hey, I got to sting of the Scorpion that was a daily task two weeks ago or whenever! There's always something funny about when a new character makes a big entrance, but it's a level 40 task and the poor guy has to face awakened Beta Ray Bill or Tier 3 Immortal Hulk or whoever and just gets waxed

Jai Guru Dave fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 9, 2020

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

A surfing dog?! posted:

I think I'd rather focus on Valkyrie
Would one need to buy her biometrics in order to get her new uniform above normal?

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Well, shucky-darn.

I'll keep Tessa Thompson, then, and wait for Love and Thunder.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
HELLCAT CAN GET TO LEVEL 70! AND GETS AN AWAKENED SKILL OF SOME SORT!

Plus some other stuff, I guess

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I looked up a video and apparently you don't bother using the barrels as distractions, you just use black widow and kill everyone. That's really, really lovely game design, giving your player instructions and then making it not actually what you need to do.
Yeah, it's a lot easier to use someone like Widow or Immortal Hulk.

I generally approve when there's a puzzle where you can't just smash everything like usual, but that one was confusing.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Talk me out of spending nearly seven thousand crystals on Invisible Woman.

Also confirm my suspicions that I should have been putting more effort into uru and...type enhancement (I had to look up what that stuff was, with the little boxes you get after Giant Boss Raids). I've got a whole ton of what Cynicalex calls near-gods that couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.

Also also, please point me to a walkthrough of dispatch missions, since I've stalled out at 5-4.

Thanks, love you

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Anals of History posted:

Has anyone successfully completed a rift? Best I've been able to hit is 70% either on my own on a lvl 1 version and ~50% with someone else on a lvl 4. Props to Karl the Maltese on that second one - you're the first person I've seen open up a rift and not immediately gently caress off right after.
I suck at this game

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I've been stuck in the 7s for ages. loving cards, why does everything come back to loving CARDS.
As someone who comprehensively sucks at this game, testify. I realize there are probably ways for me to get past the various walls I've hit, but a lot of them seem to involve expensive costumes for expensive characters I dislike.

And actually studying the proper button order and timing so I can one-shot Knull like in all the YouTube accounts. That's on me.

But sometimes I think it is about cards, and what's holding me back is not having the 12% Pierce All Defense Down Instant Win that I know is out there.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Thanks! I think one of my problems is getting impatient to hit the next button.

While I'm bitching and moaning. I have never ever not once gotten a CTP from the Giant Boss Raid. Is that normal? I usually do anywhere from 2%-20% damage and get carried by whales like a remora, if that's part of it

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Oh, my God, T4 looks like just a serious amount of no fun whatsoever.

Holding out hope for Love and Thunder gameplay, or at least pretty new costumes

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I still enjoy playing Dolly Dress-Up with the new uniforms, but my interest in dealing with Artifacts and T-4 is minimal at best. I wish there was replay value in Legendary Missions, those are fun

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Angel looks so stupid with those hooked wings.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
I don't care how strong Sharon is, that uniform is going to get people put on registries

It's like something to wear if you plan to get stuck under a couch in front of your stepdad

"I'm gonna take you to the bank...the spank bank"

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Happy anniversary, everyone! Hope you enjoyed your shopping spree. Finally got Dark Phoenix Mk. 2 and the Ant outfits.

Apparently one of the check-in rewards is a mega-mythic uniform upgrade. I plan to sock that away for the next Luna Snow (unless I get hit by a milk truck and miss checking in, I guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008

Steve Vader posted:

I am, but there is no reason to. If you ever get free from a mobile game addiction, don't look back.

This post was kind of a crack-ping for me. That, and the loving stupid Nazi Ebony Maw update. That, and the Progress Questing I was doing just to get characters to a level that is not quite as good as the Jean Grey I already had.

And the harsh reminder that Epic Quests are just chores.

I’ve decided to check out until the 9A update, and if I’m not blown away by it I’ll bounce.

I stuck with Avengers Alliance to the end, even though objectively it was as big a time-sink as FF. But I felt like I got more entertainment out of it. This is just collecting rocks and trying to figure out what the hell runes are for