Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I'm assuming that if you didn't purchase the second campaign for CrossfireX (Operation Spectre) before the shutdown announcement that now there's no way to play it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I rolled credits on Operation Catalyst in CrossfireX earlier this afternoon. I liked it. For IGN to have given it a 3/10, they must have either played a heavily unpatched version of the game or were smoking some potent poo poo, because this was at least a 7/10 experience on its worst day. I've played 3/10 games and shooters, and this is not one of them. It looks nice, the story is serviceable with some Remedy-rear end Remedy stuff going on, and the gameplay is solid, albeit linear, military-shooter fare with some optional collectables to pick up along the way. Took me about 4 hours or so while taking my time to explore the environment.

I would recommend giving it a shot while it is on Game Pass for the next week or so before it completely vanishes from the universe. Sucks I can't play the second part of the campaign, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
+1 for Vampire Survivors. It's obviously of higher quality than your run of the mill phone game that throws ads at you what feels like every 10 seconds and it's great to get some quick achievements for the weekly rewards quest that pops up in the rewards app.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Just updated this. Let's loving Go.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
It doesn't happen often, but it makes my day when I get an angry message. Most memorable one off the top of my head was some random dude wishing my family and I get COVID because I killed him in The Darwin Project followed by "U think ur good? Id slam u kid". I respond with a laughing emoji which usually pisses them off even more.

Most recent rage I get is armchair generals once in a while in Overwatch telling me over voice chat that I'm not healing enough when I'm healing them most of the match and how autistic I am for not switching characters.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Lots of neat ID@Xbox games on sale this week. I have a full wishlist of 'em and can't resist them when they go 70-80% off.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Rumbleverse is fun. I'm trying to get all of the achievements for it before it goes offline and I like the combat as well as the silliness of the game.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Playing CoD at 10 fps on my Switch is gonna own.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Ruffian Price posted:

PS Plus had an "update your membership to our attempt at Game Pass Ultimate for free" promo as part of the, uh, Festival of Play, but stacking above a year before the conversion would make the checkout fail. Xbox stays winning

More like PS Minus

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Hot take incoming: The multiplayer in CrossfireX sucks.

I figured I would give it a whirl since it is going away soon and the campaign was a decent romp. I've played more FPS games than probably any other genre and can look past some flaws in games, but this is definitely towards the bottom of the barrel. Everything looks and feels generic right down to the gunfire and explosions and there is this bizarre "judder" effect when you land hits on someone. Even the achievements are odd. One of the last ones I'm going to end up getting is playing 100 total matches, but a win counts as two matches played. Ok...sure. I guess.

I already have most of the achievements, so I'm going to mop up the last ones I need, but then I'm going to uninstall and move right onto Knockout City.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Quantum of Phallus posted:

do you know what a hot take is

:thejoke:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Speaking of emulators, I really need to look into DOSBox Pure at some point. This is rad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqGjLE9eqb8

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 6, 2023

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

webmeister posted:

Jim “can’t stop” Cryan

Aka the guy who just doesn't understand why backwards compatibility is a big deal and had to backpedal on calling the old Gran Turismo games "ancient" and asked why anybody would play them.

Bring back Tretton.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Escape Goat posted:

Fly around the open world with a hoverboard, compatible with the Tony Hawk Ride controller

Imagine a world where that makes a comeback and is worth over a hundred dollars like the Rock Band instruments are now.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Posted this in the Deals thread, but GameFly is doing another blowout sale. Gotham Knights is $20, New Tales From The Borderlands is $13, Marvel's Midnight Suns, NFS: Unbound, Crisis Core, and Evil West are $30 each, and Star Ocean: The Divine Force is $22.

The one that caught my eye the most personally is Sonic Frontiers for $25. Worth it?

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

SpiderLink posted:

Thanks, I grabbed Sonic Frontiers. I've been all digital with everything so far this gen but I've been curious about it so this was a good opportunity.

I ended up grabbing it too. I heard enough good things to justify $25.

Shipping is free there too if anyone is interested.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

ColdPie posted:

Like, the fried chicken company? What on earth

To journey through Hell, you must first put your digestive system through Hell.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I spent a couple of hours with the Exoprimal beta last night. Ehhh, it's OK. The idea of Dino Survivor is fun where you have to race the other team to the last objective, but I can see the gameplay getting stale quick. It feels like a game that's going to plummet to around $20 within six months of release and be axed a year from now with the "performing below expectations" label slapped onto it.

Pretty stoked for the Diablo IV open beta next weekend.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The Illusive Man posted:

EA delisting some games on April 28:

Battlefield Bad Company
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Battlefield 1943
Mirror’s Edge

Online services for all 4 are shutting down on December 8th.

https://www.polygon.com/23650306/battlefield-bad-company-1943-servers-mirrors-edge-offline

What a bummer. I knew they were going to get shut down eventually because EA. I have all the achievements for 1943 but am missing some for both Bad Company games. I'll have to revisit them soon.

The campaign for Bad Company 2 is really good; my favorite campaign in the series next to Hardline. 4 had a decent one too.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Diablo IV Open Beta is up for pre-load. Approximate size is 92.59GB according to the store page. That's one thicc Lilith.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Logging into Diablo now. Looks like a 5 minute wait for me so far.

Edit: I'm in. On the third menu of settings, the subtitle text is defaulted to Chinese. Had to manually change it to English. Weird.

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 25, 2023

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Diablo IV owns so far. Didn't experience any connectivity issues or anything after a 3 hour tour. Having a blast with the Sorcerer.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

priznat posted:

Miiiiight as well face it you're addicted to CoD

They see the signs

But they can't read

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1641788556380372992?t=UuRfNsJqjtlOLzNpdcZq1Q&s=19

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

nom epique posted:

there’s no games.

Cool April Fool's joke.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The Kins posted:

Next Batch of Gamepassery

COMING:
Today: Loop Hero (Console and PC)
April 6: Iron Brigade (Cloud and Console)
April 12: Ghostwire: Tokyo (Cloud, Console, and PC)
April 13: NHL 23 (Console)
April 18: Minecraft Legends (Cloud, Console, and PC)

GOING:
Leaving April 15:
Life is Strange: True Colors (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Moonglow Bay (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Panzer Corps II (PC)
Rainbow Six Extraction (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Long Dark (Cloud, Console, and PC)
The Riftbreaker (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Thank you for doing this. Makes it a whole lot easier to update my spreadsheet and wish lists because I can barely keep track of what is on Game Pass and what isn't and what I'm interested in playing.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Cassette Beasts and The Explorator both look cool.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

They can keep it.

Until Ubisoft expands upon GOTY 2014 and one of the best games of all-time, Child of Light, with a sequel/prequel/spinoff/whatever, they can gently caress right off.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Celexi posted:

Hold on did I just say it was a media center and not a console.

Don Mattrick's plan worked after all!

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m anti-capitalism but monopolies are good for the consumer

ImpAtom posted:

Cawaduty

Aaaand my daily dose of internet cringe is complete.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I have the blue version of that mouse without the side button that I still use to this day. It's the oldest component in my PC setup, but I love it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

1glitch0 posted:

Showcase in June, game in September. If you believe TODD HOWARD.

A man that cannot tell a lie.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
New UI looks cool, but it's not Blades.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1653190537363738624?t=cpZ41910ozKhH0fRWRLmAA&s=19

Thinking about grabbing it at that price.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Disposable Scud posted:

Industria is on sale for 10 bucks. Play that instead if you want a solid fps experience.

Looks neat. Added it to my wishlist.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The 7th Guest posted:

I think that the more games launch broken, the more people are getting pissed off about it and want to vent or dunk, it's not really a mystery why Redfall is getting more scrutiny... it's because it specifically is the like 7th or 8th time this has happened this year alone, and people are tired of being beta testers for v1.0 software

Even calling it 1.0 is a stretch anymore. It really helps having a huge backlog of games since I have plenty to keep me occupied until the games that come out that I'm sorta interested in go from "broken pile of poo poo on release" to "much better after a few patches and maybe even have some DLC included".

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Going through the weekly XBox sales as I do on Tuesday and noticed once of the best SHMUP's ever made, Radiant Silvergun, is at the lowest price I've seen it for yet at $3.74. Buy it.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

BurningBeard posted:

Launch wow pre expansions was my last gasp of exposure to the genre, so I definitely would, out of curiosity if nothing else.

:same:

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

syntaxfunction posted:

My problem with Gamepass is I keep getting overwhelmed and having decision paralysis with how many games are on it I want to play.

Yessir. I have that problem with all of the games I bought too. I keep buying games on sale but either actually boot up free-to-play titles or games that are on the verge of shutdown so oh poo poo better play them while I can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
They named the 12th Mortal Kombat MK1.