Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Where's the cheapest place to buy a 12 month gold membership in the UK?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Thom12255 posted:

It's pretty sad how dysfunctional 343 is, they are clearly a lot of people there that want to do good work but the management is completely hosed.

Given the past games I dont believe that anyone in charge at 343 really knows what people want from Halo. They keep chasing gimmicks and hot new trends, and it just makes the entire experience feel watered down and off brand.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Are the little arrows on a games tile for quick resume?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

My initial purchase of Game Pass Ultimate just ran out (I upgraded for £1 awhile back) and now it wants me to pay monthly. What's the cheapest way to get more now? I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

What's the cheapest way to stock up on my Gamepass Sub these days?

Can you still upgrade for £1?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

We might hear about a release date for BG3 too.

They were saying on Twitter the other day that it was still in track for this year on Xbox, so they must have a date lined up.

A Game Pass reveal would be cool for BG3 honestly.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Thanks, very informative. And how does the Control "AWE" dlc fit into this? I've heard people say it's very clearly a tie-in with AW, but I have no idea since I've never played that. I think it did feature a guy at a typewriter in one or two cutscenes.

It's a direct lead into Alan Wake 2. The entire story of AWE is about Control's investigation into the events of the first game and them dispatching an agent to investigate the second game. That agent is a character in Alan Wake 2, as are several other Control characters.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Diabetic posted:

I kept waiting for the gameplay to get good, then I had to sit through the Verizon commercial to get an achievement and realized that's not happening.

Control though my God what a loving LEAP in quality.

Quantum Break is also good and was made between Alan Wake and Control.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Asteroid Alert posted:

Timothy Chalamet was a gaming youtuber before his big acting break

Was he really?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Are there any good beginner guides for BG3 on Xbox?

Google throws up so many trash results.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

harrygomm posted:

i miss gamefaqs and text guides so much

Me too.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

I'll tell you what's wrong with the character designs: There is a guy called Captain Boomerang that shoots a gun 90% of the time. How do you make boomerangs your entire thing and still use an automatic rifle. He should rename himself to Captain Gun, the fraud.

Well you see he's only in the game because he was in the film, but his power would be poo poo for gameplay, so...

Etc, etc.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Honestly, each Arkham game was a steady decline from the one before it so why shouldn't this by the same?

Charting a quality line it'll probably be about where you'd expect a follow up to Arkham Knight to land.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Ruffian Price posted:

AAAA is the term for Destiny clones (at least when it comes to all the cruft around the main game loop, which can differ). They're supposed to be once in a generation titles that completely monopolize the attention of the entire gaming public, so of course everybody is now making ten of them in an industry version of Masayoshi Son's Vision Fund - you only need to hit the jackpot once.

But Destiny wasn't even that successful and Destiny 2 was a failure?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

welcome posted:

Oh cool Maneater's coming back. Don't play it.

Why not? I quite enjoyed it when I played it and the DLC.

Did you just not like it or are the developers bad people or something?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I said come in! posted:

Oooh gently caress yeah, this game is great!

Isn't it just for the weekend or something?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Beastie posted:

My girlfriend bought me Avatar and it's probably the best Far Cry game since 4. They really did a great job with creating some new mechanics that make the whole "native" thing seem woven into the gameplay loop.

I'm not even crazy about the lore of the movies (I think they're pretty) but its setting is wild. The environment is hella impressive and, again, they do a stellar job of making it a part of who you are.

It's Ubisoft so grab it on sale but I like it.

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised it didn't manage to gain any popularity because it wasn't bad at all.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

kri kri posted:

Planet Zoo is fun but complicated. Never played planet coaster.

I enjoyed what I got to play of it last night (basically the first campaign zoo) but I can't help but think it would be a lot less complicated if they just let me use the analog sticks like a mouse cursor, the D-Pad could also be much better utilized.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Jesus, a white fridge is ugly as hell. I hope that's just a test unit and they did something to it to not look that... boring. White Series S looks so much better.

White is just a stupid color for something that's going to sit in an entertainment center where everything else is black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

Lot of really good changes. 40 and 60 fps modes. City maps. Land vehicles at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObHRMHtTMY

Only 9 months to add maps.

Is this the second major update?