Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Mad max looks like a generic open world game but it's loving awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blind Rasputin posted:

Halo 5 makes the xboneX shine. It’s good. I’m playing assassins creed origins and it’s actually really great. I mean drat, I’m not even out of the starting town and have finished a ton of cool exploring. The combat and parkour are much better than I remember it being.

Any tips for a beginner? Like, what are some important skill unlocks to grab, or weapons to go find, right off the bat? I always feel like in these games there’s that one hidden weapon somewhere if you invest time getting at the start it makes everything easy and badass.

The new asscreed really is incredible, some of the side missions remind me of Witcher 3 level of polish. I'd say learn to dodge and parry and you will be unstoppable regardless of weapon choice.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I took my ext drive from my og xbone and everything just worked on the x.

After you download a few terabytes of updates anyway.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Lmao @ buying a first gen 4K tv in 2014

But for real sorry for your loss, hdr is the only reason to upgrade.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Le Saboteur posted:

Anyone playing PUBG on the One X notice any significant performance improvements after the patch?

I played a few rounds last night and the frame rate was much better. Looting and map use was all quicker as well.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
lol at u for not immediately understanding the nuance of this alpha quality game

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

cromulent espionage action!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I think it's still early access on xbone. I'm on the x, but lately it's been playing super smooth for the most part. Still not the same as PC, but it's a different kind of retarded beast that's also fun to play.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
my life for a 4k release of prototype.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Monster hunter owns you fuckin' nerds.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
MHW on my xbone x with an LG oled looks amazing, even in performance mode. It feels 60fpsish to me, and makes me happy.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

fishmech posted:

HDMI cables are all the exact same connectors and cable inside. 1.0, 2.0, 2.1 or whatever, a well made HDMI cable can carry all of them.

Official 2.0 or 2.1 certified cables are supposed to have higher quality shielding and wires so that the signal gets less interference over a longer distance, which is necessary for the higher datarate signals to be carried, but good HDMI 1.0 cables can do that just as well, especially over short cable lengths

Even an old HDMI switch should work fine with it, as long as it's just physically switching the plugs and uses good connections inside.

Yeah, I was using a super old 1.4 HDMI cable with my X to a 4k oled and I got HDR through it. Then it burnt out, and then a second HDMI cable burnt out two days later. They were both extremely old but now I'm curious if I was pushing too many bits and the cable just couldn't handle my bits...:thunk:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The dev's mentioned they had to temporarily suspend chivo's as it was adding to launch day issues. I have yet to pop a single one :saddowns:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Plugging in the controller to the console via USB momentarily always fixes connectivity issues for me, worth a shot.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just buy an elite controller :D

I have a PS4 Pro now and a XB1 X. I think the PS UI is more reliably smooth, but it's much easier to do just about everything in the xbox UI. It seems you can't even pin HBO Go or Netflix to your main bar on the PS, instead you can only create folders. Seems a bit backwards but WHAT DO I KNOW

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lambert posted:

Sleeping Dogs is the best game.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Holy poo poo forza horizon at 60fps is amazing. Thank you xbonex

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
FUk yes.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

owls or something posted:

Bad UI chat:

Ya'll know you can pin poo poo right to the main screen and press the down arrow to get to it without any lag or leaving the main dash?

https://youtu.be/T4XPSUEz39w

EDIT: I will however admit that the Store's layout is trash and bad.

You can create pin groups based on apps or games?
:chanpop:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Fanatic posted:

In a way it ended up a bit like Duke Nukem Forever did. Stuck in development hell so long that by the time it came out it was already out of date by today's standards.

Thats a fair comparison. I'm enjoying the game, but it's like paying darksiders again.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DrNutt posted:

The only source of that is from reddit and your memory of Montreal in the 90s. No offense intended but that is straight up the Daikatana ad font so I think my skepticism is warranted.

e: This actually has me curious enough to start looking through the old gaming magazines at my local shops and expos to see if I can find any magazines from 1997 with that ad. I find this stuff pretty fascinating. I did a media project in college that was all about lovely old cigarette and alcohol ads from the 20s and 30s that was pretty fun.

please present your findings, I'd love to see a doc on such things.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Beastie posted:

Set the ogre on fire. Constantly retreat back up top on the tree if you need to. It’s easy to pick off the dudes around him.

You can also sprint up behind him right away and do a ton of damage before he breaks free.

I’m a scrub at DS and Bloodborne but for some reason Sekiro is easier for me.

That sort of hit and run poo poo just isn't fun when you're used to souls roll/parry/fuckthemintheass gameplay.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Management structure and changed expectations in the FPS arena aside, what really stole Valve's attention long-term was VR. Once they got their hands on it there was no going back to traditional storytelling. I just hope they finally release some real content for the Index.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Finally started playing the Outer Wilds since it was included with game pass. It takes a while to get going, but once you get to the gameplay loop it's incredibly addictive. It's like a simplified No Mans Land without the building, but more story and puzzles. It also gates gameplay between about a 20 minute play as the sun explodes and kills you . But your journal captures all updates and there's always somewhere new to explore.

If you have gamepass you should absolutely play this game.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I use the elite controller daily and it's amazing how much nicer it feels to use. All other controllers feel like toys now, whereas the elite feels like a tool.

A tool to play bidoe games.

Anyway this argument is retarded since anyone dumb enough to use these forums is also dumb enough to care about a nice keyboard and mouse, which no one has a problem spending money on.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I still use the one that came with the console because the fancy over-the-ears one I bought has no way to loving mute yourself.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Barudak posted:

I probably still wont. Sorry Witcher 3, but Witcher 1 and 2 were so bad Im not touching that franchise ever.

lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I loved Titanfall 2 but I honestly hope the franchise is dead because the mechs were always the most boring parts. Lemme wall run and gently caress people up!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Electric Bugaloo posted:

I want Microsoft/Rare to push their seemingly-friendly relationship with Nintendo farther and give me a real Diddy Kong Racing Wave Race sequel. I don’t care if it’s on Switch, Xbone, both, whatever.

Just make me a goddamn jetski, and put Banjo Luigi on it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Lambert posted:

On my X, Control had very noticeable framerate drops with regularity. It really doesn't run great.

But, in the end, it's a very forgettable game anyways. I did like playing it, but it certainly doesn't leave any kind of lasting impression.

I do not like this hot take.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I never got tired of ripping chunks of concrete wall off to chuck at people, but having some enemy variety would have been nice yeah.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Wait how do you eliminate enemies? By time, by just pushing people with momentum out of the circle for x amount of seconds, or the cherished twisted metal methodology?

Either way I'm loving in.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I think the design is pretty great if it means making it cooler and quieter. I was afraid it was going to be gaudy like the original Xbox literal giant X design. Like the PSV dev kits lol

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Real hurthling! posted:

They are competing to rip us off my dude.

capitalism is bad. hot takes in the game thread.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

this was a real thing that really existed lmao

lmfao that has to be a photoshop.

I kinda want it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Car handling was way more fun in IV.

Fight me.

Real hurthling! posted:

Get chinatown wars

Holy sht I forgot I owned this on 3ds. Definitely picking that back up.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
maybe try deleting / downloading the app again? I miss having cable and that oneguide integration :(

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

incoherent posted:

After a decade of awful laggy UI they finally fixed it with the newest update.

Thank loving god.

It seems the source of lag was moving right and left again. It seems better and much worse than the PS4 interface still, and I can't really figure out why.
Console UI's peaked with the PS3 + dynamic themes.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
How stupid would I be if I opted to get DOOM ETERNAL for xbonex instead of my pc?

Cons:
loving gamepad vs kb:m?

Pros:
5.1 surround sound
4K HDR
PC is 1080p 60hz old rear end poo poo but with a 2070s

Wait does this loving game support HDR this time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Barudak posted:

It runs really nice on a BoneX but, as always, a higher end PC will run it prettier. The bigger issue is Doom Eternal had higher enemy counts and expectations of switching between targets that makes me feel like on higher difficulties gamepad players will have an uphill climb

Good to know, thanks! I got Doom 2016 on xbonx and I felt it was snappy enough most of the time.