Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

MECGA Trump will bring those stars back to the rust belt

Ramadu posted:

lmao hell yeah maga

"We are sending LBJ to the Warriors. Have to do it folks."

R.D. Mangles posted:

hi do you remember me, i'm the kid who had a report due on space

The Bulls need a basketball player not a clothes salesman.

:lol:

Ghost Dog posted:

kevin durant is hypnotized by the knowledge that all around him, everyones got some 💩 in them

KD likes that pudding.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is this East worst than the East circa 2002-03?

The top isn't as bad as long as LBJ remains in the EC. Overall, in relation to the WC it could be worse next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

warcrimes posted:

haha what a bunch of salty bitches

KD could sign one of those minuscule contracts for $10 like C-level guys do every so often (while they get HUGE stock options that the little bugmen earning minimum wage can't comprehend). The rage here would be palpable and tastable. I can almost taste the salt now.

Libertine posted:

In:
- Heat: If they either retain their team or improve it with a big signing. They were a team that on paper should have been god awful last year and they still almost made the playoffs on the last day of the season.

The Heat should make the playoffs if Justise Winslow learns how to shoot better than 1960s era bad shooters.

The last trash man alpha.

Shear Modulus posted:

if the nba were smart they'd start allowing gloves so that the elite shooters could move product

That's an interesting idea as it'd lead to less turnovers and more precise shooting. When guys started using gloves in the MLB some players/fans thought it was cheating.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jul 4, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

leftist heap posted:

Golden State being so deep into the tax potentially for a long time is pretty interesting because Lacob for all his talk is probably one of the least wealthy owners in the league. He's barely richer than Michael Jordan. And unlike the other Just Billionaire owners in the league his net worth is almost certainly driven by a ton of inflated tech bubble crap (unlike other guys who get their wealth from blue chip poo poo and commodities). Who knows what his entire portfolio is like but his most recent high profile investments are some trumped up Fitbit thing aimed at athletes (for which he is personally invested) and a company that makes this thing:

He also personally invested in imoji, a company founded by his son. GSW is almost certainly the biggest driver of his net worth at this point.

I know this is all bullshit and meaningless because when you're that wealthy you literally can't fail, but it's interesting to me 'cause richer owners balk at smaller luxury tax bills. NBA teams almost literally pay for themselves because of the structure of the league, but luxury penalties are the one thing that actually eat into the bottom line for the owners. A few seasons of a high tax bill for Lacob will definitely be noticeable for him.

Lacob may have the right mindset/past history to pay the exorbitant tax $$$. Unlike some of the more frugal billionaires who will blowup legit contenders.

nachos posted:

Wait when did I miss Otto Porter becoming good

Excellent FG shooting starting last year. Top 10 in 2017 FGNP:

code:
FGNP	Player
252	LeBron James
247	DeAndre Jordan
231	Stephen Curry
226	Karl-Anthony Towns
203	Rudy Gobert
193	Kevin Durant
180	Klay Thompson
177	Nikola Jokic
175	Bradley Beal
173	Otto Porter

Metapod posted:

Keeping iggy is something the warriors need to do but they have to be worried that iggy is going to lose his bounce like he did at the beginning of this past season right?

warcrimes posted:

Yes, what's your point? Iggy was in great shape and played well in the playoffs, especially the finals. He's going to be a year older but I doubt he's falling off a cliff next year

His numbers are clearly on the decline. Each of the last three years his playoff/finals numbers have shrunken further. If AI2 retires the GSW will still be dominant championship contenders.

leftist heap posted:

So if the new look OKC and Rockets meet in the finals this year, who wins? The series was, overall, pretty close when it came down to it.

The Rockets win that one. CP3 and Harden playing the interchangeable PG/SG roles confusing other teams.

Carlosologist posted:

The West might actually score 200 and stop the drat tease

They would've last year if they didn't miss ~20 wide open dunks.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Report: Phil Jackson couldn’t get his computer to work during free agent pitch
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-phil-jackson-couldn-t-170101753.html

"When Jackson sat down with a free agent last July the meeting got off to an awkward start when Jackson couldn’t get his computer to work. General Manager Steve Mills had to step in to start the video of how Jackson envisioned the Knicks and the unnamed free agent would play.

That video? Footage of the ’90s Chicago Bulls. The free agent in question was confused. He couldn’t figure out if Jeff Hornacek or Jackson was the coach. Either way, the player signed elsewhere."

Frustrated posted:

Why is every gm in the east so bad, and everyone in the West at least competant. This year we might see a 50win west team not make the playoffs, and a 35 win east team get the 8th seed.

35 win team could be like fourth seed in the east.

Michael Corleone posted:

With the West getting stronger, will the Cavs have a chance to get the best record in the league and HCA for the Finals if they try hard? Work hard during the season THEN coast in the playoffs, I think we had it backwards last year.

No way they reach GSW unless GSW has 2-3 major injuries.

Adun posted:

Look at the end of the day the goal of any NBA team is to win a championship.

Ostensibly that's what is frequently said but looking at the actions of many owners and their franchises it's an impossibly hard case to make. The goal of any NBA team is to GET THAT $$$. That's a much, much easier case to make when trying to harmonize the actions of all the owners.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Rick posted:

I dont' know what to expect out of the Clippers next year at all, in short periods Paul-less Clippers usually still played pretty well, but that sort of thing rarely holds up over a season.

In one word: disappointment.

In two words: Doc Shook.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

nba.coms box scores are all hosed up for summer league right now but who uses that site anyways its garbage.

Each year nba.com gets worse. They made the data so hideous this past year so that all the information that should only be in the top column is now in every field.

e.g.:

Minutes in Game 25 Points 7 Field Goals Made 2 Field Goals Attempted 8 Field Goals Percentage 25.0 Three Pointers Made 0 Three Pointers Attempted 2 Three Pointers Percentage 0.0 Free Throws Made 3 Free Throws Attempted 5 Free Throws Percentage 60.0 Offensive Rebounds 0 Defensive Rebounds 3 Rebounds 3 Assists 2 Turnovers 2 Steals 3 1 Blocks Personal Fouls 3 Plus/Minus 12
Minutes in Game 21 Points 8 Field Goals Made 4 Field Goals Attempted 5 Field Goals Percentage 80.0 Three Pointers Made 0 Three Pointers Attempted 0 Three Pointers Percentage 0.0 Free Throws Made 0 Free Throws Attempted 0 Free Throws Percentage 0.0 Offensive Rebounds 1 Defensive Rebounds 3 Rebounds 4 Assists 0 Turnovers 1 Steals 0 1 Blocks Personal Fouls 3 Plus/Minus 1

What a great way to read data.

DeimosRising posted:

9 million seems very low for Iggy.

How much more? He should be even more on the decline in future playoffs.

Adun posted:

So PG + Hayward can't at elast compete in the Finals? I find that hard to believe given how good of a coach Brad Stevens is and any injury issues that might pop up for GSW.

PG/Hayward would be sad in the finals against 2018 GSW (quite possibly the GTOAT).

BWV posted:

I dont get people who ever say "players get too much money" and don't understand how that also means "owners deserve more money."

That's a false dichotomy as there are other people besides the millionaire players and billionaire owners. There are also the workers cleaning billionaire toilets with golden seats and golden flush handles and mopping up millionaire sweat. There are security guards fighting the drunks in the stands. There are people selling $30 hot dogs and reselling six figure tickets. Those are the people I cheer for when I watch the Bulls.

BWV posted:

I just assume they are racist...

That's always an easy option.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

Adding Hayward or George wouldn't have put Boston over Cleveland imo

Nor both.

Tae posted:

Who the gently caress is in the all-star game for the East? Butler, George are gone.

Just send the west. Zero defense as it is anyway.

Tae posted:

Zogo you broke the goddamn page

I fixed it. :hfive:

Libertine posted:

I would poo poo if any of the Cavs/Raptors/Celtics/Wizards/Bucks don't win 40 games.

I agree that the 3rd or 4th seed getting 35 wins probably won't happen but as long as it's a mathematical possibility I have a modicum of faith.

That was the guy that stole the triple-double from Wade. I thought that lemonhead would've gotten that axe for that. Although the Bulls need a new group of fall guys/scapegoats. He probably fits in there.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

https://twitter.com/SeanCunningham/status/880951354990014468

:lol: if Rudy resigns here for some reason

Rudy: Welcome to basketball hell
Rudy: I love it here I want to be back

Yea, going back to SAC would kind of be like meeting Pinhead from the Hellraiser mythos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfE74l55WDI&t=70s

My condolences to him. Dude could be the next butterball cenobite.

Hopefully this is my peak offseason moment.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Trade Wiggins for George? Timberwolves would be crazy good.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/next-seasons-nba-heavyweights-warriors-cavs-spurs-rockets-timberwolves/

538 projects them as a 53 win team with Teague, 58 with Lowry.

Each year a lot of their projections explode in catastrophic fashion but they haven't been dissuaded from hiding them as of yet.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm dating a billionaire heiress. Any tips on how I can leverage that into buying a basketball team? Thanks.

Meet with Jerry Reinsdorf and convince him to open up a path for a second Chicagoland franchise!

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

"Thank You, Utah but I want to know what it feels like to face LBJ (and lose) in the playoffs. En Taro Adun"

This thread is moving at speeds I have not seen since 2011 when LBJ went on national TV wearing a picnic table blanket as a shirt and cursed out a bunch of CLE kids.

EvanTH posted:

That being said, I would not trade them because Dolan is 62 and Gilbert is 55, and Dolan was an alcoholic for at least 20 years, so Dolan seems more likely to die first.

It's hard to know without seeing their detailed medical histories.

EvanTH posted:

One Fun Fact about the Ten Commandments is how "covet thy neighbors wife" is just another include in a list of his property

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

Adultery section is more confusing because it's never really defined in the Bible, but adultery was generally considered a capital crime, both parties could be put to death, which, as I have said in other threads, is far too lenient and narrow.

Another fact concerning the ten commandments is that they are slightly different based on religion/sect/denomination. Catholics omit the "graven images" section and there are other differences too. Although this never seems to come up when different people are raging about those monuments and erecting them and mentally ill atheists are running them over with their big rig trucks.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

kalensc posted:

All teams play 2 games versus each out-of-conference opponent. That's 450 matches during the regular season.

Last year the East won 204 while the West took home 246. Season before that it was 218-232. (#s were mental math so may be off a few).

Given how FA has gone, what would you set the line at for an O/U prop bet? East wins 200 feels high for the moment, but how low feels right?

In recent years the East has been more difficult to predict. Hundreds have attempted to simply guess the eight EC playoff teams and 100% have failed. A raging tire fire can be unpredictable.

EvanTH posted:

One of the fundamental assumptions underlying modern science is that the laws of the universe are uniform and constant throughout the universe. This is, of course, an unproven assumption. For all we know gravity might decide to let up next year his absurdly big body will no longer place unbearable strain upon his footbones.

As a scientific man myself, I'm still in favor of trading for Zipser and starting up some Dr. Moreau-style bone swapping experiments

There is a lot about the universe that nobody understands. If you can explain dark matter and dark energy to me I will give you :10bux: :20bux:.

BoonyPC posted:

I don't get this move at all apart from $$$. To me, Utah seemed like a better team and either way you are going to hit a roadblock in the playoffs anyway.

What can Utah do now, they need another scorer??

I also dreamed about this happening last night, think I'm obsessed with basketball.

Multiple NBA N/V posters gaining psychic abilities.

Utah must reach out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBI9BtPexh0

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Even if Hayward sticks around, what they were last year is not far off from the peak for that roster I think. In most years, that would be good enough to earnestly compete for the title, but not when GS are what they are.

It was probably the biggest mark against Utah - they were a very good team with Hayward, just not good enough, and without a clear path to major improvement.

Rudy Gobert was only 24 last year. Hayward only 26. Still room for both of them to age 3-4 years and improve further into peak levels.

Eltoasto posted:

Wasn't Porter the dude that Dokmo won a "he will come back down to earth" bet on?

That was on his 3P shooting going down I think.

Metapod posted:

Marcus Smart fits perfectly with the ersan trade exception PRESTI PLEASE GET MARCUS SMART

Pairing MS with RW would be a chucking masterpiece.

I predict many postgames with Doc talking like:
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/853589739030679552

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

The Warriors need to just take it to the next level and sign some old ballers in their 50s and 60s who never got rings to play a few minutes and take injury settlements.

Imagine Karl Malone getting minutes in the NBA this year.

Imagine LaVar Ball joining GSW.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Getting upset about Hayward denying that a decision had been made is seriously the dumbest thing

Move the Jazz to Seattle and give Utah a baseball team so their fans can be indignant about bat flips

It may be the worst NBA lie since LBJ said he had no clue that David Blatt was getting fired.

The biggest lie still might be when Charles Barkley kept saying he was having visions that literal deities came to him and told him he was going to win the 1993 title with the Suns.

The Glumslinger posted:

LA doesn't have their pick this year, so it would just be screwing over the Celitcs

Also, if you still don't get why Nick Young is an insane pickup for the Warriors
https://twitter.com/bzcohen/status/882661045378134020

2018 is looking even stronger to be the GTOAT if they have 100% health.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

It would be good if LaVar replied with some insults at this juncture.

Eltoasto posted:

Small markets exist to give big markets stars, also c'mon look at em.

It appears LBJ really is going to go to the finals for a straight decade.

Dexo posted:

like Lmao. The Bulls if they wanted to could only have like ~25-30 million(Keeping Zipser, Valentine, Dunn, and Lavine(they have to probably pay him but have his cap hold as comically low))assuming they trade Rolo this year which I am assuming will happen) on the books next year.

Can't wait for all of the Bulls fans to once again get their hopes up for like a Lebron only to be dashed embarrassingly.

Though they have tons of space to take on lovely contracts and picks for teams looking to shed salary for BronBron.

In the next few years I expect another Ben Wallace kind of signing.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Any poster in these threads or retired player could be added to GSW's depth chart and they'd still win the title at this point. They should sign one of the following Allen Iverson, TMac, old rear end Shaq, Yao Ming in a wheel chair, Steve Nash on a hover board, Kobe with plastic surgery that alters his face to look like an actual Black Mamba(tongue included), Charles
Barkley, or the bones of Wilt Chamberlain.

Charles Barkley on the bench trying to stop KD, Klay and Curry from launching threes would be entertaining.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That Player's Tribune piece was garbage.

"Salt Lake City is an amazing place full of wonderful people and the Jazz helped mold me into the man I am today. Well, bye"

Yea, if I was a Jazz fan I'd be torching my imaginary jersey at this point.

Some selections:
"When I got to Salt Lake City...I was just a kid. I remember the drive. I drove all the way there, with my dad, from Indiana to Salt Lake City, just to save money...I was only 20. This was my first job away from home. And I was so nervous...I remember...finding a Subway near me...and just walking there, every day, so I could use my Subway card like I always had. And that was really it for me...Subway, and video games.

And then I just think about how far I’ve come during my time here. I’ve truly grown up in Salt Lake. I’ve become a man.

I think about our assistant coach, Mark McKown...he called us G-Dilly and J-Dally. Because we were rookies, and “all we did was dillydally.” I doubt I’ll ever remember that and not smile. I think about Doug Birrell, who’s our massage therapist...just hours and hours of conversation...heart-to-hearts. Stuff that would never be repeated. There’s always been real friendship here. There’s a circle of trust.

I think about Isaiah Wright...just a pudgy little ball boy. And then I just think of the people of Utah, in general. They say that Salt Lake is a great place to raise a family...I feel like I’m indebted to Salt Lake, twice over. And I feel like this city took me in, as part of its own family.

And now I’ve decided to sign with the Boston Celtics. There were so many great things pulling me in that direction. There was...the Sox, the Pats, and the Bruins."

Dumb and long love letter that doesn't make sense. Need to commission that one guy who made that LBJ vs. Jordan video to make a video response about this.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Stingy.

Libertine posted:

I've got some questions and have been busy all day today. Is adding Hayward a big positive for Boston if they have to dispose of Bradley, Smart, and Crowder (and Olynyk already gone).

If they lose all four, no. That would be a comedic and Shakespearean tragedy.

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, our starters were actually really good together last year (I think one of the top five in the league? I feel like that's too high but it's what's in my head) but our bench was God Awful

This was the top ten in +/- last season:
code:
Lineup									Tm	+/-
S. Curry | K. Durant | D. Green | Z. Pachulia | K. Thompson		GSW	269
B. Griffin | D. Jordan | L. Mbah a Moute | C. Paul | J. Redick		LAC	251
B. Beal | M. Gortat | M. Morris | O. Porter | J. Wall			WAS	245
R. Anderson | T. Ariza | P. Beverley | C. Capela | J. Harden		HOU	179
K. Irving | L. James | D. Liggins | K. Love | T. Thompson		CLE	117
S. Curry | K. Durant | D. Green | A. Iguodala | K. Thompson		GSW	115
S. Curry | K. Durant | D. Green | J. McGee | K. Thompson		GSW	93
N. Batum | M. Kidd-Gilchrist | K. Walker | M. Williams | C. Zeller	CHO	89
R. Anderson | T. Ariza | E. Gordon | J. Harden | M. Harrell		HOU	84
D. Carroll | D. DeRozan | K. Lowry | P. Patterson | J. Valanciunas	TOR	76

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Nobody expected KD's $10 million pay cut.

I expected nothing less from the valiant, courageous and altruistic Slim Reaper.

Shear Modulus posted:

it sets a bad precedent to expect players to take massive discounts to help nobody but the owner

KD didn't start it. IIRC Wade did the same in 2014 and then LBJ still bailed on the sinking Titanic passenger liner. The owners usually dupe the players.

I still remember Pippen and his protracted contract. He was making $2,000,000/year when Jordan was making $30,000,000/year. Job security courtesy of the Bulls.

Bashez posted:

The Warriors got better and that's definitely not what I thought would be happening.

And there's still room for even more improvement somehow.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Burning my Roberson jersey RIGHT NOW.

Bigass Moth posted:

LeBron made the right decision for a number of reasons (#1 being erasing all the bad PR from when he rightly left the first time, and that's coming from a Cavs fan). But, if the ownership keep loving with the team when everyone with a brain knows LeBron recruits and probably pays guys extra off the books I don't blame him for leaving again (though I would once again be very sad).

Dan Gilbert just needs to be an absentee owner who opens the check book to bring in all stars from 2011 that LeBron parties with and hope that GSW get some injuries before the Finals next year.

Most outside CLE had forgotten the bad PR by 2014. LBJ was the "hero going against the boring Spurs." In hindsight LBJ should've gone to GSW in 2015 under the guise of some charitable stuff and then he could've taken credit for turning Curry into the GSOAT.

Spacebump posted:

Personally I think league wide retirement for Jordan would be kind of lame, it's not like he is Jackie Robinson. Bill Russell would be more deserving of that honor imo.

Personally at this point I think all retired numbers should be revoked. Also, introduce decimal points so that each player has a unique number.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dexo posted:

I dunno, I'm like 87% percent sure a dead Lebron could carry a team to the ECF.

LBJ could do this during player introductions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJJTmMWdlg0

FlamingLiberal posted:

I really thought LeBron was smarter than to go back and work under Dan Gilbert. I hope he leaves again. Gilbert's never going to stop pulling the same crap.

LBJ respects Daniel Gilbert scoring an 8 on Forbes Self-Made Score metric (8/10). https://www.forbes.com/profile/daniel-gilbert/

"Gilbert started a small mortgage company in 1985 with $5,000 made from delivering pizzas while in college."

LBJ respects Gilbert's pizza delivery game. Currently ~1,940 billionaires: https://www.forbes.com/billionaires/list/46/#version:static

Last I checked the eight wealthiest people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.7 billion. I love equality. :cenobite:

Bigass Moth posted:

LeBron paying guys extra is a common conspiracy theory in Cleveland, probably not true but nothing about under the table money in pro sports would surprise me.

I'd much sooner believe that ownership and government entities were doing this with the elite athletes.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

What evidence is there at all that Gordon Hayward can play the two? Genuinely curious. Dude is 6'8 and not terribly quick footed.

BBR has a position estimator going back to 2001. Gordon Hayward is 12% SG, 81% SF, 7% PF. LBJ is 5% SG, 67% SF, 26% PF, 2% C.

code:
					Position Estimate	
Season	Pos	G	MP	PG%	SG%	SF%	PF%	C%	
2010-11	SF	72	1218		18%	82%	1%		
2011-12	SF	66	2015		16%	84%	1%		
2012-13	SF	72	2104		49%	51%			
2013-14	SF	77	2800		2%	95%	4%		
2014-15	SF	76	2618			95%	5%		
2015-16	SF	80	2893		12%	86%	3%		
2016-17	SF	73	2516			71%	30%		
Career		516	16164		12%	81%	7%		

Position Estimate		
Season	Pos	G	MP	PG%	SG%	SF%	PF%	C%	
2003-04	SG	79	3122		66%	29%	6%		
2004-05	SF	80	3388			95%	4%		
2005-06	SF	79	3361		1%	97%	2%		
2006-07	SF	78	3190			96%	4%		
2007-08	SF	75	3027			76%	23%	1%	
2008-09	SF	81	3054			74%	26%		
2009-10	SF	76	2966		2%	84%	14%		
2010-11	SF	79	3063			75%	25%		
2011-12	SF	62	2326			58%	35%	7%	
2012-13	PF	76	2877			9%	82%	9%	
2013-14	PF	77	2902		1%	16%	82%	2%	
2014-15	SF	69	2493			77%	23%		
2015-16	SF	76	2709			77%	23%		
2016-17	SF	74	2794		1%	61%	35%	3%	
Career		1061	41272		5%	67%	26%	2%	
Tim Duncan is 28% PF and 72% C. Manu Ginobili is 2% PF (not too many know that).

"...Mr George’s arrival should make the Thunder a much stronger team. That will give Mr Westbrook a credible chance to play for a title, instead of mere individual renown." :catdrugs:

EvanTH posted:

haha twitter sucks so bad

Twitter is a scourge and it must be annihilated.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Metapod posted:

I understand the data but rebounding is still really important

It was in the 1970s-1990s but then in the last decade it's become increasing irrelevant in correlation to winning. If it drops a little more rebounding will have a negative correlation with winning which would imply better rebounding = less wins.

EvanTH posted:

now that they've got him camping in their own little pseudo nation-state and living without a refrigerator or bathroom, why not DOUBLE his pay but present it to him in special GooglePlaudits that can only be redeemed in designated GoogleZones? Exchanging GooglePlaudits for cash is illegal in the GoogleDominion they do not look kindly upon black marketeers

Scrip has been illegal for a while. Although in the future I could see tech companies giving their employees a stipend for microdosing LSD.

If that guy leaves the Bulls are going to be nearing 1999-2001 territory.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

leftist heap posted:

I just have a hard time buying that rebounding is just somehow dead. If that is the conclusion of "data" then imo there is some part of the analysis that is missing. There's more to life than correlation coefficients, drat it

Rebounding isn't dead it's just been completely neutralized as a critical factor in winning. Elite 3P shooting has become imperative to going for a title in the last five years.

Rick posted:

Also you can be a bad rebounding team because you shoot too well.

That's why shooting has become way, way more important than rebounding these days. We're in an era featuring the best shooting in NBA history ever.

code:
Season	Tm	eFG%
2016-17	GSW	0.563
2015-16	GSW	0.563
2013-14	MIA	0.554
2012-13	MIA	0.552
2006-07	PHO	0.551
2007-08	PHO	0.551
1984-85	LAL	0.551
2016-17	CLE	0.547
2009-10	PHO	0.546
2008-09	PHO	0.545
2016-17	HOU	0.545
1987-88	BOS	0.541
2014-15	GSW	0.54
1994-95	ORL	0.539
2016-17	LAC	0.537
2005-06	PHO	0.537
2013-14	SAS	0.537
Nine of the top seventeen greatest eFG% teams have occurred in the last five seasons.

Lockback posted:

I think the data is overreacting to a couple teams...

In what way?

Zogo fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 8, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Going back to Ryan Anderson vs. Carmelo I was surprised to see how closely they ranked in some areas:
http://www.basketball-reference.com...y01&idx=players

MourningView posted:

Dean Oliver came up with the Four Factors a long time ago, it's possible it doesn't perfectly fit an era where teams shot this accurately and this often from 3. Or the Warriors are so good they just broke math, I dunno

Yea, the ORB% factor/axiom is becoming outmoded. The four factors were created in an older and earlier version of basketball. Basketball on Paper was published in 2004 but if it was published in the 1970s then rebounding would've been extremely emphasized.

I'd like to see the consensus +/- numbers for as far as they go back.

Metapod posted:

I understand that the data says that but I truly believe that the data is wrong. Rebounding is a fundamental part of the game to say that it has no correlation to winning is just inaccurate

The correlation between SRS and DRB% last year was .03 SRS and ORB% was .12
.03 is nearly a perfect zero correlation.

It isn't fundamental to be the best at rebounding any longer.

Niwrad posted:

Fire GarPax billboard is going up in a couple weeks.

https://www.blogabull.com/2017/7/7/...dit-lake-racine

I'm surprised Pippen (the Bulls ambassador/advisor) went on TV to talk about this.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 8, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

I think there are a couple teams that have had a lot of success despite punting on rebounding, but I don't think it's been neutralized, there just happens to be successful teams that are not good rebounders. To say it's been neutralized you'd need to take a good DRB team like SAS or OKC and make them bad and see how it effects their win percentage. I'm fairly certain it would, and not in the positive.

I agree that rebounding itself hasn't been neutralized in that way. On a game to game basis if a team wins the rebounding percentages (ORB%, DRB% or TRB%) they've more likely than not won the game.

To put it another way, does anyone here think a bad or average 3P team can win a title going forward? I'm skeptical. OTOH, I could see a long line of mediocre rebounding teams winning the title.

Metapod posted:

What your data says about elite shooting teams going for a title is they either need to also be great at defense or have LeBron or both. Rebounding is still important to win because rebounding is apart of limiting your opponents chances. The team that challenged LeBron the most in the East while in Miami was a pacer team that was a great defensive rebounding team and the team that challenged the warriors the most in the West has been a okc team that was great at rebounding. Neither of those teams would I say were elite shooting teams and they both came close to going to the finals.

It also says that most of the best ORB% teams last year were not very good. This contrasts strongly with the realities of yesterdecade.

Here's another way to look at rebounding which is what you're referring to more:

code:
Stat	Net >= 1	Net <= -1	Net = 0
TRB	758		414		58
ORB	556		570		104
DRB	869		291		70

Stat	Net >= .0001	Net <= -.0001	Net = 0
ORB%	682		541		5
Teams that won the TRB battle went 758-414 last year. More DRBs also correlates directly with opponents missing more shots of course.

OKC had some good shooting teams courtesy of Durant. Even the #1 ORtg in 2013. Things have changed since those halcyon days of Pacers/Thunder domination. 2012 and 2013 are ancient history.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Could a NBA team of 6 gammas win a chip?

For example Starting 5: Wall, Beal, PG13, Whiteside, Millsap, Demar as 6 man

Does that beat the Warriors?

Possibly.

No, but if you combined a lot of gammas their synergies would coalesce and one would transform into a beta.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jul 8, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Lockback posted:

Using 3PM as the measurement then SAS was an average team last year and I am not skeptical of their ability to win a chip (even if they are an underdog). If you say 3P% is the way you should measure it, then you are saying Houston is an average 3-point team and I would say you are mistaken.

You must look at 3P and 3P% simultaneously by using the formula: 3NP = 3 * 3P - 3PA

code:
3NP	Team
422	Cleveland Cavaliers
384	Golden State Warriors
332	San Antonio Spurs
The three teams with the best 3P shooting were the three title favorites (and it's been this way for nearly the entire decade). The last time a mediocre 3P team won the title was 2010 (Lakers).

proctorbot posted:

Big3 is pretty entertaining.

https://youtu.be/Vg8qYQddhXw

It would be good if they took all these BIG3 players and allowed them to play on NCAA teams and gave them those honorary degrees in Basketball.

DeimosRising posted:

I'm sure he's judging by net 3p which at the results level is correct imo

Lockback posted:

I don't know how to find that per team.

DeimosRising posted:

If it's available I don't know where, I think he spreadsheets it

Yes, it's not something that any site tracks. Another way of looking at it is using a formula I'd call A3NP = 3 * 3P - 3 * Lg3P% * 3PA

3NP has a breakeven point at 33.3% but A3NP uses the league average in a given year (.357 this year).

code:
A3NP		Team
220.2	Cleveland Cavaliers
198.0	Golden State Warriors
192.1	San Antonio Spurs
Again the three realistic title teams last year finished 1, 2 and 3.

Lockback posted:

I have to get up at 5am tomorrow to catch a plane with my 6 year old daughter. I mention this because I just checked that this laptop does have excel and the math for net points is easy. I think it would just end up mostly the same as 3PM, because the split in shooting % is much smaller than the splits in attempts.

The correlation between 3NP and 3P is .6 this past year so it's a strong correlation but there's still plenty of room for major differences. The correlation between A3NP and 3P is .43

Houston is not a great 3P shooting team. They are a great 3P chucking team. Some of their games it might as well have been Shaq shooting from behind the line. That one playoff game against OKC it felt like they shot 5for40 or something.

Houston had an A3NP of -3 this past year. So one can conclude that in today's game it's better to take fewer threes and shoot them at an elite percentage rather than taking lots of threes and shooting at an average percentage. This is the difference between the Spurs and the Rockets in recent years.

The Rockets are that cargo cult team futilely trying to replicate teams with actual 3P shooting talent. It's like teams in the 1990s trying to run the triangle and be the Bulls as if the style of play would spontaneously generate their random players into Jordan/Pippen/Rodman clones.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

What, uh...what is the plan for the Bulls, if one exists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r5byXcQMGg

Tae posted:

The front office chose their coach over their superstar

The FO also chose an Iowa/Nebraska farmer over the true and deposed and legitimate coach that was ousted in a coup.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 11, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Femur posted:

I think their plan was to blow up the team years ago, but all nba players just kept popping up, foiling their plans. I mean how else can you explain a team so desperate to get rid of a top 10 player under a great contract? The dude doesn't even seem like a malcontent.

They lost faith in rose, then Noah has a career year, and protected Rose, so they had to build a case to get rid of both, so they placed blame on coach and Butler. Butler turned out better than both, but they already picked their path, and that battle twisted and force them into thinking they weren't wrong, and Butler wasn't good enough, and now you are here.

It brings up interesting hypotheticals. The idea of this Bulls franchise trading away young Shaq, LBJ or KD is becoming less outlandish.

Niwrad posted:

Cameron Payne is so bad. He's a 3rd year player in Summer League who looks like the worst person on the court at all times. It's incredible.

Also when this team wins 18 games GarPax is going to be smug about how this was all part of the plan to be bad.

If Wade gets injured or takes a few weeks off this could be the worst team in the entire league.

82 games condensed to one minute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q86Rn4jETVk

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

E_P posted:

Did the results ever get posted for that preseason questionnaire? With like rookie of the year and stuff.

I haven't finished tabulating all of it but I will later this month hopefully. Rest assured that nobody picked Malcolm Brogdon as the rookie WS/PER leader this past season.

JackBandit posted:

Concluding that Houston is a bad three point shooting team (in their strategy or their skill) because of their near zero A3NP is flawed logic, I think. You want a metric that takes all possessions like LgTS% rather than Lg3P%. It could be that accuracy and frequency are inversely related and so the optimal strategy is shooting more at a lower accuracy.

I wouldn't call HOU a bad 3P shooting team. Accuracy and frequency (3P% and 3PA) had a .13 correlation last year so they were barely related. Houston had a below average 3P% while also having the second best 2P% in the whole league (trailing only GSW). They had tons of awful 3P games: 6for37, 6for38, 9for40, 9for39, 13for51, 7for35 to name a few.

Houston's O isn't the main issue. It's their trash defense.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who did the Thunder have last year other than Westbrook as a top 15 player? They completely turned it around and retooled and became a contender again this year.

The season hasn't started yet so it seems early to be designating teams as contenders.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 12, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Shaq eats breakfast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXdyQAOpco

EvanTH posted:

Aren't the NBA Post Jordan Dark Age Pistons the only counterexample to a team winning the title without at least two top guys?

You really only need one top WS/48 guy to do it. Many recent champions only have one.

Tae posted:

Why does nobody care when the suns shut down their only good players three months before the season's over

Some probably do but it's not much of a conversation starter. If someone posted an effort post/rant on that topic they'd surely get hit with a "Sir, this is a Burger King drive-thru" or "Sir, this is an Arby's counter" or "Madam, this is a White Castle."

Just like games between two fifteen win teams don't get prime time treatment.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Preseason poll results are done.

The questions (and what percentage answered correctly):

Which team finishes with the best record? 88.7% Warriors
Which team finishes with the worst record? 44.8% Nets
Which team will have the largest win swing this season? 14.9% 76ers
Which team will have the largest loss swing this season? 0% Hornets
Name the rookie WS and/or PER leader: 0% Malcolm Brogdon
Name the overall WS and/or PER leader: 31.7% James Harden or Russell Westbrook
LeBron James will play in the 2017 NBA finals (seven consecutive seasons): 91.5% Agree
Stephen Curry will win the 2017 Kia MVP award: 93.4% Disagree
Joel Embiid will log at least 1,500 minutes this season: 35.5% Disagree
The Warriors will win 70 or more games this season: 80.3% Disagree
Select the eight Eastern Conference playoff teams: 72.7%
Select the eight Western Conference playoff teams: 82.9%
Select the ECF loser: 60.7% Celtics
Select the WCF loser: 28.9% Spurs
Select the Finals loser: 62.6% Cavaliers
Select the Finals winner: 53.2% Warriors

For the first time we have an outright winner:

code:
SA user name				Points (30 max)
Stagger_Lee				25
Redgrendel2001				24
ZephYr_					23
Manstrocity				23
runaway pancake				23
Joshtothemaxx				22
Jack's Flow				22
PurpleJesus				22
OzFactor				22
fuckplaneoq				22
Declan MacManus				22
Anonymous User #1			22
RedApe98				22
Strawberry Panda			22
Arctic Puma				22
xbilkis					21
Spite					21
Please Eat A Vegetable			21
Strenuous Manflurry			21
DeliciousMonster			21
JackBandit				21
Fast Luck				21
suck a dick no homo			21
Styliferous				21
Pungry					21
Rick.					21
Shear Modulus				21
Props Department			21
Blind Pineapple				21
Lockback				21
Good Work You Get An HIV		20
Dexo					20
Icy Penguigo				20
Sandeep					20
Time					20
DeimosRising				20
Smellyhead				20
MalarkeyToboggan			20
Sharparoni				20
RCarr					20
tehchekt				20
LupusAter				20
cowandchick				20
RaySmuckles				20
Count_Mippipopolous			20
IcePhoenix				20
spacebump				20
The B_36				20
Zogo					20
pizza valentine				19
JCW					19
leftist heap				19
JRizzle					19
Algund Eenboom				19
evil_cheese				19
stevie  lee				19
Dejan Bimble				19
EdRush					19
MayakovskyMarmite			19
Lewis Skolnick				19
Atheistdeals.com			19
Canopus250				19
Henchman of Santa			19
anakha					19
Quizzlefish				19
straight up brolic			19
the glumslinger				19
Coaaab					19
cool buff man				19
Spring Break My Heart			19
PantsFreeZone				19
Paul Zuvella				19
Halfling Wizard Bear			19
tanglewood1420				19
R.D. Mangles				19
tumor looking batty			18
rare magic card l00k			18
JesusSinfulHands			18
Oh word son 				18
lowtax					18
EvanTH					18
Please Stop Posting			18
Bush Did Outer Heaven			18
Tokyo Sex Whale				18
NeuroticErotica				18
landobee				18
Vanilla Mint Ice			18
HOTLANTA MAN				18
chunkles				18
Metapod					18
Brolander				18
Femur					17
TheShazbot				17
AggressivelyStupid			17
ButtWolf				17
ChickenMedium				17
Kibner					17
Lowlyabjectturd 			16
brogeoisie				16
E_P					16
Punkin Spunkin 				16
TheKevman				15
BallisticClipboard			15
ABagorn					15
Anonymous User #2			14
attackmole				14
Athanatos				14
Again we had another year where nobody correctly guessed the eight EC teams. Eleven voters did get the correct eight in the WC.

Zogo fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 12, 2017

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

They could keep the regular season conference model and then dump it each postseason.

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/885242822122770432

This is the trend right now, and could become the new standard. Writers don't want it, consumers don't want it, but advertisers are pushing it hard. Expect to see more and more video content and less written content.

It's always bad when you open a few links up and loud obnoxious videos start playing simultaneously.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

All signs point to Knicks remaining a stagnant mess
https://sports.yahoo.com/signs-point-knicks-remaining-stagnant-mess-065634856.html

Kawhi vs. KD:

Kawhi hasn't even played 15,000 regular season minutes. KD has more than twice as many MP. KD joins David Robinson, LBJ and MJ as the only players with 19+ WS seasons in the 3P era. Kawhi doesn't have one 14+ WS season. Chauncey, Horace, Elton, Adrian, Kevin (Love) and Shawn all did 14+ at some point. :anime:

Fast Luck posted:

We need a bigger sample to determine the poster with the best predictive powers. How many years have you done the survey?

I have verified eleven voters that have participated in all four years. There may've been more but there are a lot that left the name field blank or put in strange names.

code:
Voter			Four year total (118 max):
Jack's Flow		71
Props Department	71
JesusSinfulHands	69
Strawberry Panda	69
chunkles		68
Dejan Bimble		67
Zogo			67
spacebump		66
Lockback		65
PantsFreeZone		63
Rick			63
Jack's Flow and Props Department barely pass with a 60.2% accuracy.

This seems good.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

EvanTH posted:

like he's thinking about all those people who said hey it'll all quiet down once you get a ring, maybe they were wrong

He needs more time and actually doesn't have the ring yet. At this point after LBJ was eliminated by DAL people were still laughing at him and the Heat and musing how LBJ would be the GOAT to never win a ring (even surpassing Karl Malone). Once KD gets the ring and wraps it around his finger he will feel better.

Inspirational play.

predicto posted:

Sooo..... Let's talk about Jordan Bell last night. Bell (or as we techbros like to call him, Draymond 2.0) got a 5X5 - 5 points, 11 rebs, 6 blocks, 5 steals, 5 assists. He was +29 in a game that his team lost.

Never change GarPax. Jake Burger is going to work out great for you.

2018 Bulls season:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apjzZp3tJfQ

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Cool Buff Man posted:

Whoa, the Warriors offered Klay for PG

Pritchard? PRITCHARD?

Bulls would do worse than that.

EvanTH posted:

I hear Drummond had septum surgery and is coming back strong

like he basically couldn't breathe this season

I thought that he had the surgery last season.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

TheKevman posted:

It was a funny joke to begin with but watching everyone else think it's real and he had no clue is the funniest part.

It's like all the awards shows keep having to pretend to make a giant mistake at the end of the show for that ratings boost. Jimmy Kimmel, Steve Harvey etc.

TV ratings are so awful now that they're purposely misspelling names to obfuscate things:
http://nypost.com/2017/07/07/how-tv-networks-misspell-show-names-to-avoid-ratings/

Don't believe the media. They're all a bunch of liars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFvT_qEZJf8&t=119s

Emanuel Collective posted:

The Bulls are probably going to cut Cameron Payne. The Bulls, just this tear, traded Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott, and a draft pick to get Cameron Payne.

I was earnestly looking forward to him doing that penguin slide move a few times in the opening weeks.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

So many of their numbers are nearly identical. I'd be worried about needlessly changing the chemistry of the Warriors.

Klay Thompson is 11-0 in his NBA career when scoring 40+ points. Nobody else can claim that. He has the eye of the tiger. Klay Thompson also scored sixty points in 29 minutes.

It reminds me of the Pippen for Kemp trade that almost happened ~1994.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Intruder posted:

In the game of life Kemp was far more productive than Pippen

It's sad that Pippen has become the Walter character from Get Out because he's millions of dollars in debt* so he needs to shill for the Bulls so hard.

*all the bad investments. Pippen airlines never took off.

It reminds me of how Duncan wants the guy who conned him to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sure, that will help but there are still thousands of grade-A conmen lurking around waiting to prey upon the next confused teenage athlete.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Watching Wade phone it in this year is going to be amazing

Maybe he'll sit out for months with a fake injury before being traded away.

ElPedro posted:

I realize the most likely option is the Rockets, but how would the Cavs lineup even look with Melo? Seems like a defensive disaster and they need defense more than offense as is.

Another finals loss.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

iamsosmrt posted:

At this point, the Warriors should literally not trade a single one of their big four unless it's Draymond for Lebron James--he's probably the only one you could trade for James and expect to improve the team. Regardless of how superior anyone else is individually, the Warriors pieces fit together so well, there's no reason to throw off their balance.

You wouldn't do LBJ for Klay? LBJ + KD/Curry/Draymond. That'd be like Godzilla teaming up with King Ghidorah.

Brolander posted:

it at least needs "by the pacers" at the end, and doesn't make any sense that way. putting the passive team first in that sentence is stupid. i suppose a reader who is familiar and would know who "George" is and thus where he comes from, but still. i hate that sentence, it sucks

e:it sucks!!!

ee: im still thinking about it, and getting mad

More and more news sites are doing this. Go to Yahoo.com and tons of the headlines are nearly complete false advertisement. If they were printing this stuff out on paper they'd be sued heavily by now.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Donnie Wahlberg Leaves a $2,000 Tip at Waffle House and Gives the Staff Backstage Passes and shows Andre Roberson how it's done
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/donnie-wahlberg-leaves-2000-tip-waffle-house-gives-staff-backstage-passes-172831038.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vp--AlWBrU

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Also I don't really like Melo, but the guy has been at 30 USG% his entire career, of course he's gonna be mediocre on defense. He will be fine once his usage goes down and he's on a good team.

He's old now. I haven't found evidence for someone with his career D numbers turning it around. Dominique Wilkins seems very similar and he kept up chucking with awful D to the very bitter end. Alex English's USG% dropped and his DBPM remained negative.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Dude had a pretty good argument for Finals MVP. The Big 3 wouldn't have done anything without him.

Yea, looking at 2008 Finals GmSc he came out on top in a close race:

code:
GmSc	Player
100.2	Ray Allen
98.2	Kobe Bryant
93.7	Paul Pierce
87.7	Kevin Garnett
74.2	Pau Gasol
62	Lamar Odom
57.1	Rajon Rondo
50	Derek Fisher
45.5	James Posey
31.5	Jordan Farmar
29.6	Vladimir Radmanovic
26.3	Leon Powe
26	Sasha Vujacic
23.4	Eddie House
16.7	P.J. Brown
14.7	Kendrick Perkins
10.8	Trevor Ariza
8.7	Sam Cassell
8.1	Tony Allen
6.4	Luke Walton
2.8	Glen Davis
1.9	Ronny Turiaf
-2.5	Chris Mihm

They stole a ring from PJ.

Spacebump posted:

I understand that. I just don't understand why they wouldn't retire his number (assuming they are planning on retiring Garnett's). The only reason I could guess was loyalty but I really have no idea.

IMO only guys with 200+ WS with one team should get the honor. Save everyone a TON of time:

code:
Michael Jordan 	 23
Karl Malone      32
John Stockton    12
Tim Duncan       21
Dirk Nowitzki    41
According to this pattern the next guy to reach 200 with a single team should wear #14.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Doltos posted:

As others pointed out Chandler not getting resigned was a bad move. I still think their championship was flukey because of how powerful all the other title contenders were that year. Dirk played like a HoFer (like he does every season) but especially so in those playoffs. That team was a powerhouse during the season too but I'd bet on the Lakers or the Heat to win the chip that year 9 times out of 10.

The issue with the 2011 Heat was a RC (roster continuity) of 45% that year. We have 65 years of RC data and no team has won a title with a percentage that low. More than half the MP were by new players.

The issue with the 2011 Lakers was that it's extremely hard for a team to go to the finals four straight seasons even if they looked good.

Doltos posted:

Maybe I'm remembering it wrong but the Lakers, Spurs, and Thunder all looked way better than the Mavs going into the playoffs and a lot of people expected the Mavs to get beat in the first round. The Mavs swept the Lakers but that was a big surprise, not an expected outcome.

Cursorily yes. Spurs/Thunder did not look like serious title contenders when examined closely. Nearly all the media sided with the Lakers.

WhyteRyce posted:

From reddit, DSJ is pretty cool but needs to learn how to land better or his knee will turn to jelly
https://streamable.com/c60vl
https://streamable.com/s3waz
https://streamable.com/dz0ky

They really need to put a body of water underneath the basket.

Or show NBA players what happens when you land wrong:
:nms:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWBoXdGu4QE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

iamsosmrt posted:

I wouldn't do it without a poo poo ton of back and forth deliberation. LeBron's unquestionably better than anyone else in individual talent, but the the Warriors are already arguably the greatest team ever. LeBron would force them to fundamentally change their entire system, possibly for the better, but also possibly for the worse. I'll concede that chances are they'd still be the best team and win the championship either way.

Also, Godzilla had better chemistry with Mothra, Rodan and Barkley anyway.

What kind of deliberation are you talking about i.e. how are you thinking LBJ would make the Warriors worse?

Change their entire system? LBJ is the most versatile player in the history of the game.

Chairchucker posted:

OK but counterpoint, if you traded LeBron in you would no longer have to play against LeBron.

Also, this. GSW could add LBJ as floor mop person and their championship likelihood would increase. Klay wouldn't be close to leading two different teams to the finals seven times in the EC. Klay Thompson and Kevin Love are not a big threat.

zoux posted:

My friends, this thread's preferred stat, from what I gather, is win shares. I'm not trying to disagree but asking out of ignorance, why do you guys prefer WS over say PER or +/- or other metrics?

WS/48 is the most important individual measurement in determining if a team is a serious title contender. A team without a guy ranked in the top ten of the league winning a title is very uncommon.

PER and WS aren't that different. Last year they shared a .88 correlation.

• Locked thread