Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm glad Sanson chopped Marie's head off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sylphid posted:

E Pluribus is fond in my memory because it's the last time I felt anywhere close to obligation to use story supports exclusively during main story chapters. Once I hit Camelot, my criteria was always "Whatever wins me the fight".

Rejoice. In Babylonia you can do both.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Also there's a few later Arts damage dealers too iirc; the best damage dealer is a 4 Star I think?

The best arts damage dealer is and will forever be the one who shoots Excalibur blasts with water pistols.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I don't get why you would go for Rama over Okita, like ever. I mean, unless you go for cute, in which case Rama is basically mandatory.
How many situations are out there where you need Ramas impressive burst? How many bosses exist that don't get instantly deleted by Okitas NP brave chain anyway? Meanwhile Okita does stuff outside that one burst window, thanks to far better cards and far better stats. She also doesn't need Hans and Leonidas to hold her hand to do poo poo.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tae posted:

Medb's gimmick is anti male and bryhilder basically gets a damage boosts against all males.

Medb's gimmick is being anti-Merlin for the eventual Merlin boss fight.

Repeatedly kicking Merlin in the balls is a gimmick I fully support.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Robviously posted:

If I'm looking to run a Waver/Vlad/Tamamo team, I'm not wrong that I should grail Vlad over Waver, right? (before grailing good girl Medea, that is)

Grailing Waver does nothing but give you more FP.

Tae posted:

Grailing a 5 star is nothing but who is your favorite character.

Grailing 4 and below is actual improvement, especially 2 stars like Hans who need the HP boost.

My lvl100 Okita is on her way to 16000 ATK, if thats wrong I don't wanna be right.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Clawtopsy posted:

(albeit slowly)

The important part.

RanKizama posted:

My Marie is still level 60 because I got Drake and never looked back. >_>

The real answer.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

UchihaHirou posted:

Current damage: 150 Tickets, 2970 sq (100 multi-rolls)

Notables: NP3 Jalter, 4x Kscopes, 2nd Waver, 2nd Jeanne
https://imgur.com/a/ZcKyl

Nevermind the SQ. 3,4mil FP?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I still don't have a single Kaleidoscope. Or Quick CE

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

NRVNQSR posted:

Both versions would have met Liz in Septem, so that's not particularly inconsistent.

Nero is pretty clear about not remembering anything about Septem though.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheFireMagi posted:

i like artoria, but if i never saw another artoria variant added again i would live

so bring on summer arthur, do it DW you cowards

Westill need Caster Artoria.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

why are all the good casters boys

Mikon~?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I am very happy I have a NP3 Mordred.

TheFireMagi posted:

i'm glad like half of mordred's new animations are her just kicking the poo poo outta people, it's great

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYh1KKAZlkc for a video of her new animations

Never before was "Overkill" more appropriate than after her NP.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Largepotato posted:

Are any of these going to be for servants that people actually care about?

Medusa, Alexander and Lu Bu are all cool servants that people care about.

Mephistopheles 3rd skill could be used to cheese some very hard bosses later on, although I haven't tried him myself, maybe it won't work like that :shrug:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Finally finished the event. Never thought that my MVP for this would be Iri, but she was cool and good

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RanKizama posted:

Season 5 of the "Illya Route" should premiere this year. Hopefully it'll coincide with the NA run of the Prisma Causeway event in FGO in some way.

Maybe I'll luck into an Ilya on NA too, I could always use more Rare Prisms.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I hate this event with passion. Literally hitting the same thing for two weeks straight is so loving boring

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Summer Arthoria is the King of the batch, she's the Arts DD every team wants and needs.
If you happen to NP2 her, because she really really wants NP2 to be fully functional.
Seriously though, great skills, perfect passives, great NP, great stats.

Tamamo is a powerful anti-male Lancer (which is great because 110% of all Archer enemies are Gil), with some non-synergistic passives and quirky skills with demerits. Still very powerful skills, but not as fire and forget as most others.
Kiyo is similar, her lower 4* ATK is somewhat offset by her Madness Enhancement, sadly her NP only offers skill-seal and burn as secondary effects, which isn't nearly as good as extra damage against males.

I do have a NP3 Marie, but I never once used her, since she's an offensive caster in a game where Nitocris exists, who is both better at being cute and clearing out trash. Looking at her skillset though, she's an offensive caster that offers both buffs and an AoE NP for killing trash, kinda like Helena, only much harder to put down, thanks to Marie's signature invulnerability.

TheFireMagi posted:

Mordred's quite strong, actually, after they apparently buffed her NP gain to be Not poo poo. Against three enemies she gets a significant amount of NP refund, and can chain it back to back to back with some Mikon~ aid in the right scenario. For an example, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvdN0OPQEmc&t=1s (minor spoilers for Halloween 3's challenge quest, if people care). This is obviously an ideal scenario, but even with less setup, getting two NPs off in 3-turns is pretty simple, so she has some good value.

TheFireMagi posted:

She's good. Ruler defenses with 11k HP means she's pretty tanky, and she's on the higher end for 4* ATK thanks to Rulers having 1.1x atk mod. Triple buster deck means big, consistent damage, but both her NP gain and her stargen on her single Arts & Quick are both surprisingly good. Her third skill gives her +50-100% damage against Divine/Demon/Undead for one turn, with Divine making up a huge chunk of the Servant cast, so that's a good plus. And of course, ST Buster NP with a Def Debuff before the damage applies is a cherry on top.

I'd say Ruler only having offensive advantage against literally one Servant (plus Zerks), as well as her first two skills being good but not amazing, keeps her from being great, but she's worth the roll besides being cool as hell.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Kild posted:

flo
xuanzang
tom
waver
vlad
drake
medb
ozy
cu alter
5 rare prisms

In this order please and thank you DW

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not having anyone I want to roll for until next year is great. Its still far enough away that I don't mind just wasting my Quartz on whatever.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Omobono posted:

Thanks.
Were quick cards 75/90/105% at JP launch by any chance? The 80/96/112% spread does look odd compared to the other two.

Quick cards were definitely significantly buffed somewhere early in JPs life, but I don't know how exactly.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I, for one, am very happy with FGO NA.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Couple of pulls got me a NP2 Nursery Rhyme, who, while no Xuanzang, is scratching my dps caster itch well enough that I can go back to saving.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Sorry guys, I don't care how bad the shop is, Xuanzang is cool as gently caress and this is the best event.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hans is a great card in itself, but his biggest boost is how perfectly he works with 2030. The HP boost makes up for his squishy 2* stats, he doesn't need the arts boost of other CEs for NP gain thanks to high-speed incantation and the stars combined with his third skill are almost enough to feed a high star attraction Dps, something both Tamamo and Waver struggle with.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

UberJew posted:

i am laughing at the very idea of ever drawing a 2030

I've pulled 23 5* servants in JP and not a single 2030 :downs:

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jun 8, 2018

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

They don't, is the hosed up thing. It's just that they're shitheads whose only desire is to ruin someone's, anyone's life over 20 quartz.

Ok, I'll bite: What?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Squirtoria is an easy 8/10 when NP1 compared to other NP1 5*, but at NP2+, even compared to other NP2+ servants, she is basically the best there is.
She just scales so extremely well with NP levels, from her rapid-fire NP to how her self-heal works, she might as well be called King of Whales.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also Baal wrote the Type-Moon op without watching KnK, so his opinions are by default dumb and wrong.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I still don't have a clue why we need a Sigurd when we have a perfectly viable Siegfried.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Argas posted:

One's a dragonslayer, the other's a chuunibyou.

Thank you for supporting my point, friend

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Siegfried doesn't wear glasses and isn't voiced by Seto Kaiba, so that is why we need Sig

Yeah, but Siegfried doesnt need a dumber and less cool version to make him look good, he's great on his own.

They did a story chapter called Götterdämmerung and then decided to not feature Siegfried in it :psyduck:
Thats like removing any mention of Artoria from Camelot.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I just feel that by focussing on Brynhildr and Sigurd they kinda remove the best part of the Nibelungensaga.

Or in other words, give me Avenger Kriemhild and I'm happy.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Everyone who shittalks Sigurd ITT is dead.

He's a copy of the original Siegfried and by Gilgamesh's law, the copy is always worse than the original

Would you question Gil?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

160 free sq and a Caster Gil spook later and I have my Skadi.

Contrary to what the meta demands I now have the most op Arts team possible, a very good Quick team and the most potato Buster servants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Would Ozymandias, Hans and Mephisto work as a team? Because I'm on team Koyasu.

Mozart is a potato, but then Ozy and Hans are so good that the third guy honestly doesnt matter. And I guess Mozart can setup some insane burst once in a blue moon, not that Ozy needs anymore stars than Hans with a 2030 can provide on his own.