Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Ended up with a dumb error trying to update to Stormfront and had to re-download everything. Luckily their servers aren't as bogged down as I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Samurai is real good yeah I like it

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that warrior doing 2 pct more damage than the sch is chilling

The warrior was a pubbie, the other 2 were Goons so yeah makes sense. He never swapped out of defiance.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

CHAINSAWGUN CLASS WHEN?????
[12:47][FC]<Diana Redclaw> he was more 40k than wh40k

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Man I'm glad I had those pubbies there to help me, oh--

:laffo:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I died because I assumed the healers were competent, started using Third Eye -> Merciful Eyes later to assist

They had to fire off an LB3 to res me and several others because they couldn't figure out such hard mechanics as Stack Up or Avoid The Big loving Lines That Kill You

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:yeah:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Apparently I, as a PLD, is supposed to heal a DRK that is pulling 4-5 mobs at once in PotD

(He quit immediately after this picture)

E: Also with PotD stats you can cast it literally twice and that's it without using Riot Blade

Haquer fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 5, 2017

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Spam that black aoe thing. Use abilities that look “kewl” and never under any circumstance use a defensive cooldown. You might need it later.

:yeah:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So a person linked an argument on the OF in discord with nerds saying that tanks need to stop whining about doing dps

and then somebody linked this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBLsjnqcXsI

I know how I'm going to play tank from now on

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Got into Shisui with.... a really terrible SAM. I reminded him gently at first that he has good AoE since it was just me and the MCH doing AoE the entire dungeon basically and I decided to swap to i270 str right side for the last boss of the dungeon just so I could make such a great parse (DRK is good and fun still, idk why I was down on it after SB hit but I also really wanted SAM to 70 first in the story content so :shrug:)

Be a tank today!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
[15:52][FC]<Haquer Tal> sid asked me to punch a moogle
[15:52][FC]<Haquer Tal> guess I'm going to do that
[15:52][FC]<Bacon Marmalade> how dare you
[15:52][FC]<Bacon Marmalade> moogles for life
[15:53][FC]<Haquer Tal>
[15:53][FC]<Stark Feuer> molgols are an abomination unto this world
[15:53][FC]<Bacon Marmalade> wow, so racist
[15:53][FC]<Diana Redclaw> you molgoloid
[15:54][FC]<Heckfire Cussman> i liked moogles in ff6 when they werent useless fluff things with non functioning limbs
[15:54][FC]<Regen Lordian> At least he didn't ask you to beat a baby moogle
[15:54][FC]<Stark Feuer> Same
[15:54][FC]<Regen Lordian> with another baby moogle

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mordiceius posted:

Ah. Rip then.

I know that the thread likes to bash on the idea of pubbie players that are half brain dead and are hostile to any advice, but I've honestly rarely if ever met any like that.

Most just don't know any better and are very receptive to advice. A handful are just not very good and though they'll take your advice, it just won't help.

Majority of the hostile players I've met have been ones that are actually already at level cap, so they feel they already are perfect at their class and are immune to advice.

My favorite person was a PLD that waited almost a minute for protect to be cast, and then didn't turn on his tank stance and died to the first pull.

When I laughed at him he said "fine you tank it" and left, and I went on to tank as a Samurai for a few minutes until we got a new PLD :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:thunk:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Rhonne posted:

I hope we can get Luso's outfit

Mainly because I want to see if they can actually make it work in 3D.

Looks like a kingdom hearts character, tbh

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

As a tank he was outdpsing I assume a dps char who has same ilvl

Yeah I was pretty incredulous. I was going to offer the guy some tips but he was pretty consistently below me so I didn't even bother :psyduck:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

With 7 loving seconds left before enrage, we got O1S down :sun:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

hobbesmaster posted:

If you get hit by Clamp you're thrown off the map.

Clamp is my 100% least favorite mechanic in O1S. There is so much poo poo going on I would miss at least one of the cast bars on every other run :argh:

E: Also after uploading to FFlogs it turned into apparently only 5 seconds left until enrage hit :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Leal posted:

Omega....Gear?

holy poo poo

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

what's more disappointing though?

Mechanist in Stormblood or MGSV

Game play was solid so it beats MCH.

The story though...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So apparently Dualcast can be eaten by sprint because,

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I love it when pubbies join in (on top of Mt Corel doing the exploding bomb GATE)

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

IS THIS MOTHER FUCKER TRYING TO CALL ME OUT OR SOMETHING

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

As a non-raider I'd like to see enmity matter more in all content so I don't feel like I'm being told to take Shield Oath off my bar.

I scared the poo poo out of one guy in our casual raid group when I told him to stop using his tanking stance after we tank swapped.

Then I revealed that I don't even look at grit for o1s and only have it on for the first 20 seconds of o2s (there is an early tank swap in that fight and the stars never align for shirk to be up again for it else I wouldn't use it there either)

Tank stances are for chumps :getin:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr. Nice! posted:

We don't have a ninja so i'll have shield oath on to start 1.0 & 2.0S but that's it for those. 3.0S i usually stay in shield oath the whole fight to make life easier on the healers and my damage loss is negligent.

4.0 part 1 i'm only in shield oath for the first rage and then sword oath for the remainder.

I also don't have my sword because i lost a week of playing and so did a healer so i let him have the tomestone since he needs the HP more. I'll get mine tomorrow.

Sounds like your off tank needs to get good. Do your enmity combo until the first twin bolt then have him provoke and shirk to you then swap to your dps combo and you should be golden as long as he keeps doing that every time shirk is on CD.

I also don't have my weapon since I was grinding drk to 70 when omega came out and ignored it for a couple weeks :shrug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Velthice posted:

actually it has 3 bosses and two trash mobs :colbert:

ur trash

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Pineapple, in fact, belongs on pizza.

That's not even my hot take for today it's just the truth.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr. Nice! posted:

I must not have posted clearly. I'm only in shield oath for my first rage combo and that's it. Our OT kicks all sorts of rear end and does shirk me well.

Probably the main advantage I have as a DRK is that I can Dark Arts power slash (to the cringe of I'm sure every other DRK player) but at least I can never touch grit and keep an enmity lead the entire fight that was :v:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Apparently I have a really bad tank attitude for letting people do what they want, much to the chagrin of this healer

Also I'm a bad tank because I skipped a couple weeks of grinding omega so I could get my DRK to 70 (did SAM first)

what a weird exdr run

E: Also why is it always with the gear insults, I've never understood that. I mean I can understand being like DUDE YOUR GEAR IS poo poo I CANNOT KEEP YOU ALIVE but "hey your wep is 310 ur poo poo xd" is just loving puzzling to me

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Truga posted:

Or you could just not be a poo poo and use provoke.

Nah
E: I mean I did after about 30 seconds of the SAM sprinting around the arena like that was going to do something, which was hilarious to watch

I mean, I wanted to complete the dungeon but I also left loot on roll so they couldn't kick me since I'm that guy

it is kinda weird that everything but your most important piece of gear is 320

I'll get it next week :shrug:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Haq, I think you're an okay dude but if I'm in a dungeon and Greased Lightning 3 has three seconds left and we just ran into the boss arena and the healer's mana is okay...that boss is getting shoulder tackled.

I mean, that would've been cool but I had 1 more second on Plunge coming off CD as I was running up to the boss and then he darts forward and hits it so I'm like "cool guy"

Blockhouse posted:

yeah that's what everyone loves in EXDR, a massive waste of time

He didn't die and we lost like 30 seconds

30 seconds I will never get back gently caress what have I done, thank you for opening my eyes forums poster Blockhouse

guess I need to buy this to make sure my gear is Up To Par

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ImpAtom posted:

You were an rear end in a top hat for no reason

You've met me before, I see

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

you should have the i330 sword by now unless you've not been playing since launch to be honest, even without savage raiding.

Haquer posted:

Also I'm a bad tank because I skipped a couple weeks of grinding omega so I could get my DRK to 70 (did SAM first)

:thunk:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

orcane posted:

Letting some DPS tank for a bit is being an rear end in a top hat and throwing a hissy fit now, JFC :psyduck:

Someone should change your avatar again.

Dude I wasted seconds.

loving SECONDS

Dunno I thought it was pretty funny and I would have just shrugged it off if the healer let me die for what I did

It's a game

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Jose Valasquez posted:

You were running up to the boss and he mistimed his samurai shoulder tackle? Good thing you taught him a lesson.

If I'm a dps and the tank starts moving I try to time it so I hit the boss at the same time the tank does with their shield lob move thing. Sometimes I'm a hair early. I've never had a tank throw a hissy fit about it though.

No he turned sprint on and ran up to it so he wanted to tank

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Renegret posted:

what boss was that on? Because really I'm putting the blame on the SAM for kiting the boss around instead of just tanking it like a man since bosses are the least threatening enemy in EXDR

The one before yojimbo, the one I never use cooldowns on and stay out of grit because it does gently caress all damage.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Renegret posted:

just tell them the new meta is DPS tank so the tank can pick up the adds

e: assuming it's the boss I'm thinking of because Kugane is a completely forgettable dungeon

It's the floor flipping ninja. Literally his hardest hitting attacks are his autos.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

IcePhoenix posted:

Your static would also probably appreciate you taking ten minutes to at least kill Exdeath once a week so you can get your 330 weapon two weeks earlier.

Actually to do 4 you had to do 1-3 and I didn't have the kind of free time (was switching jobs etc) to sit down for an hour + and hope pubbies weren't poo poo for a couple weeks outside of trying to grind DRK

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't even know if that's true for the first time you run it, but you can definitely just run 4 once you have your completion.

source: literally just ran 4

You do a series of quests to do each floor so yes, that's exactly how it works.

Now my DRK is geared/overgeared I just do o4n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Fister Roboto posted:

It's almost as bad as the "Hydalaen is actually the baddie" theory.

Well in the warrior of darkness timeline......