Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

mfcrocker posted:

It took all of 2 days to get the new Euro FC to Rank 8. You nerds.

Really one and a half, we only got it set up saturday morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Last story fight is definitely a pubbie slayer, but it's good fun one you are in a group that's light on their feet and pays attention to what attack is coming out. Also has a metal as hell transition.

Party wipe at 30 seconds on the first pull is hilarious and I'll miss it once everybody knows how to not die there.

Honestly all the dungeons + trials are pretty good, dungeons are engaging but not likely to wipe ya and the trials have a couple of nasty tricks. (talking 60-70, not Ex yet)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Omega request/hope Interdimensional fighting tournament means Gilgamesh right?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Leal posted:

Raw materials cost more then finished product because I GET XP WITH THOSE

It's kinda funny, stuff between 60 and 70 is kinda in low demand so raw material's purpose is for fueling leves, turnins and crafts

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Leal posted:

I made about 20 million gathering the poo poo out of SB mats and selling them. Hopefully a medium house will open up in the mists when kugane housing happens :pray:

Yeah, I've been focused on levelling crafters so I've only probably made a couple of mil and it's mostly from gathering mats.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

I thought people were estimating RDM as middle of the pack in terms of DPS? Is it just that all the other casters actually ended up lower?

Red mage is very easy to maintain good DPS no matter what you are doing, tonnes of instant casts to handle movement and a clear simple way of handling things that isn't messed up by boss invulns like say SMN

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Also:

Do CUL entirely through collectables, to save leves for other crafts. It's the only craft where doing so is truly cost effective so you might as well.

CUL is cheap.

For 60-70 both CRP ad GSM have some pretty cheap options in the

Mudhorn fishing rod/larch accessories

and

the jewlery that only takeskopranickel ingots and bars

Respectively, if you want to save leves

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

UHD posted:

Does any job besides monk, ninja, or casters actually care about Arrows? Because I usually just throw one on myself if I'm unsure but I don't wanna be the rear end in a top hat costing the rando dragoon his deeps.

It can make SAM timings slightly awkward but it's usually workable with

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Thundarr posted:

It's definitely this. Hagakure on cooldown is the difference between ok Sam DPS and whirling death machine. I'm still struggling a bit myself with it because I am also a big fan of seeing 40,000!! pop up next to monsters but being able to spam 300 potency oGCDs all day long is an amazing thing. And I'm also not quite sure if using it on CD even at two sen or waiting until you have three is better.

And unfortunately it's importance is kind of non-obvious to the Sam player unless they take a moment to run the numbers in their head. Or have somebody scream at them until they do it, I guess that works too.

From what I remember from the theory discord you want to wait for 3, but 3 sen usually means they line up nicely (you can hold 3 sen for up to 2 GCD's waiting for it ofc))

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Huh, you can't double stack classes in savage... rip Party finder

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Melee are mostly in a good place right now, I know Monk basically equals a sam if you roughly account for brotherhood.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

^^ bard:

Has Ok DPs that is hard to really interrupt
Has good Mobility
Provides a tonne of group support (via role actions + the class abilities)
Direct hit buff

You also don't lose much going 2 melee bard RDM

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The one below that is pretty sad

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I just follow 3 simple steps:

1) Figure out which direction I need to face to go
2) wait for tether
3)
a) If tethered, use right mouse button plus moving to get in the correct position (Usually directly in front of that add as i'm meleeing the boss)
b) if not tether just run to a position and make myself run through middle.

Sticking near the middle and orienting yourself with right mouse button ahead of time if possible is Very useful so you just move into the right place instead of having to worry about both

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dumb O3s question: When it comes to snapping the vines, does your initial position from each other matter? i.e. if i'mat the edge of the arena and someone is in the middle will it snap at the same distance as if we both started at middle, or is it a distance travelled thing?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

NED is chaos but NED is fun.

Grand Cross Omega Hits *40 seconds of running around hoping we don't die*

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

New system can only realistically be escalating bids on a plot or more likely random rolls right?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I mean do you also get pissed off that the warrior of light is supposed to be uniquely special and there are 800 other equally strong adventurers running around kugane?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Not sure the joke here.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Why's that bad?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Velthice posted:

This is why the mtq stuff is funny imo. Xeno took a little shot at her in a guide and some of her way too attached, creepy obsessed fans went into turbo meltdown mode. Now it's just a running joke to bait those people.

Dunno, seems like you're riling them up by repeating kinda stupid complaints from dumb beard warrior man.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bleu posted:

Because those videos are poo poo and wrong.

How are Mizzteq's Videos wrong friend?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

To be fair summoner is insane right now.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

pupuru posted:

oh I meant just the base game, I know there's at least as much story content in the expacs

also jesus christ I see what people mean about the pacing of the MSQ. from beating on gunshield dude to making stew for soldiers.

There's a lot of content between the end of the bit you are on and the start of the first expac, there were a lot of story patches

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The new wards are FC only right?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Verranicus posted:

PSA: Macro Sound Effects Harm People with Sensory Issues

Full Disclosure: I am a disabled adult with PTSD, Anxiety, and Depression. I am also suspected of having Asperger's Syndrome, which is high-functioning on the Autistic Spectrum. I have experienced this first hand. I have also been harassed because I have dared to bring attention to this within the game.

If you have sensory issues, high pitched and attention seeking sounds such as the macro sound effects can cause panic, headaches, migraines, and emotional outbursts. I have many of my sounds turned down to less than 10%. I love Final Fantasy's music, voice acting, and many aspects of the game. But the macro sound effects, though a useful tool for some, are making me consider quitting the game. Because when I get a migraine, it comes with the full pain: aura, nausea, severe pain in on one side of brain, panic, and overall an inability to properly function, much less play and enjoy a game. Macro Sound effects are the only sounds in this game I hate and despise.

You may ask, well why not ask them not to use the sound effect? Well people put them into their skill macros for raise, healing, protect, and other sort of necessary skills. It literally cannot be avoided, and once people are in a dungeon, despite knowing they are causing someone intense pain, they'd rather not take 5 seconds to edit their macro and remove the sound effect. Or, because people are rude and think it is fun to troll people with sensory issues, will spam it even more just because I dared to even ask them not to use them.

Square Enix, I implore you to allow a check box to eliminate macro sound effects. You have given special attention to those with color blindness and edited some of the new huds specially for them. Please, as a request from someone who otherwise adores your game and has spent a ton supporting this game, either remove macro sound effects entirely, or give us an OPTION CHECK BOX to remove them. I have even muted the tell sound effect.

Seems like a solid suggestion, I hope they implement something like it ASAP

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Also of note is WHM being able to semi brute with their OGCD healing suite while providing solid DPS

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Vermain posted:

Aside from Earthly Star, they got no new impactful abilities, had one of their instants carved away, got an even clunkier rotation due to the addition of Minor Arcana/Sleeve Draw, dropped to the lowest DPS out of all of the healers by a fair margin, and had the one thing otherwise propping them up - Balance's damage buff - nerfed. No real surprise that people soured on them so quickly.

Also as stated the SCH buffs fits right into the "Godlike 10 seconds of trick attack + all buffs" meta, which also arguably helps WHM as they can use OGCD's to take part too. The fact AST can't reliably take part in this is a big issue without balance propping the class up

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I think the stormblood MSQ was a step back, but the patches have caught up

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

pupuru posted:

can someone give me a quick rundown of SAM vs MNK for post-patch big dick dps. Are they relatively equal now, or is MNK still straight-up better?

MNK is still straight up better, sam was something like a 2% buff and they don't have any party utility.

And MNK will just get flat out better as we get more crit obviously.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

The Game just 90ked our healer on the floor 90 boss, twice in a row.

That honestly took all the fun out of HoH

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Due to the instanced nature it';s unlikely to go dead, you're getting Players across the region so they'll likely always be a couple instances

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Euro Goons Killed a Giant Robot!

Probably the best Savage fight so far!

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Failboattootoot posted:

Gaius is fairly irredeemable. I am interested in the direction they go with him. I really hope they don't give him a full redemption arc and present him as an ally of convenience. They've kinda done something similar with Nero so I think they can manage it.

Omega/Crystal tower spoilers In what way is Nero shown at all as an ally of convenience? At most he's Cid's hot blooded Rival but that's mostly played up for amusement, he 100% got redeemed

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

I said O10S is worse than Superman 64 in Discord a few days ago. I regret nothing. :colbert: except for him causing people to burn out left and right I guess.

I'm glad Midgardsormr's dead, or at least semi-permanently written out of the plot.

Can someone get me an arcane bulwark so I can handle this hot take.

What exactly in O10S is worse than Superman 64?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

For the EU Goons, come to Omega, we're cool people.
Just look at a fine selection of people raiders:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Speaking of Hello World

Goodbye Omega

Starring Please Calm Down

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

I'm always fascinated by the inventive stuff people figure out. I turned in 2 crystals and got crit. Came back later with 2 more and it got turned into Direct Hit. I don't get it, so I'm not fuckin with it.

TLDR:

Each weapon has 5 rows of stats it unlocks, each can roll 1/4 stats in any value in the range

When you add more crystals you always re-roll the whole weapon i.e. all rows

The only bad luck protection is you'll always roll the number of rows you have unlocked (i.e. you can't get 4 rows of stats if you've had 5)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

somepartsareme posted:

i thought rps was on the better side of game sites but the article reads like he got paid by square enix to go to this thing and responded by acting like a patronizing alien who had never heard of mmos, fantasy, or human enjoyment of things. it's bonkers

RPS is all based on contributors, now they spam out 4-5 "Guides" for new games and their articles are kinda eh?

Like anything a good institution can become bad if a lot of the people change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

FortMan posted:

You'd see ... a bit more if you returned befire you zoned.

Spoilers for the 68 drk question

The dead Guy is interactable, with the poem:

"Thus let me live, unseen, unknown;
Thus unlamented let me die;
Steal from the world, and not a stone
Tell where I lie."