Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
buy me stormblood or go to hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kuai posted:

**unsheaths katana**

where do i unlock samurai?

u'dah steps of thal friend

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I know someone in here did the first dungeon earlier. Let's live vicariously through him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i don't know who honestly thinks server stability is better than this. i would rather have server instability than, you know, be stuck fifteen quests into the msq.

I mean the answer to this questions is really obviously "people not doing the MSQ"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

so you pretty much mean 'people not doing the expansion'? people who are even casually leveling SAM and RDM are going to be sixty long before this issue looks to be fixed.

I'm not defending anything, I'm just saying there's people leveling right now that are happy with being able to level.

I'm sure if taking the servers down would help them actually fix poo poo they would, but I think it might just be the case that it wouldn't solve anything at this juncture.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 18, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't figure out what use if any Meditation has

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Oh sorry I should have specified. I mean the samurai ability Meditate.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Adept Nightingale posted:

I know it's important they fix everything, and this is obviously the easier fix, but there's something kind of insulting about them prioritizing this while most of the population can't even make it to that content.

I think it's less prioritizing this and more that this is a thing they can actually fix right now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

that good good feeling

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fister Roboto posted:

Please, whatever you do, do not ska in dungeons.

my hellsguard bard, Mighty Bosstone

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Asimo posted:

gently caress. I was loving the new MCH... but then I tried to do a FATE. Leveling down unequips gauss barrel just like it did in Heavensward, but while it was previously only a mild annoyance it now costs you all your heat. :argh:

same with sen and kenki for SAM which while not quite as bad is still pretty annoying

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

UHD posted:

Okay for real, why am I suddenly throwing giant fire frogs at dudes as a ninja, is there some secret ninjutsu lore regarding frogs or something?

Yep

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please stop seriousposting at the insanely obvious troll

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

If the meteor was an atomic bomb, then the current version of Eorzea must analogous to post-warJapan. The limited player housing is intended to make players recall Tokyo real estate prices in the 1980s, and the flashy mounts they started adding in 2.0 are the Eorzean version of the Japanese auto industry.

now we're talkin

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

back at it again at krispy kreame

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
so I'm only around level 64 but I don't know how you can possibly say Zenos and Yotsuyu are bad villains compared to the complete nothings are had in most of Heavenward.

Also the idea that Lyse and Yda are completely separate characters also baffles me?? It's pretty clearly Yda but she's trying to grow up and take things more seriously. She's still a total goofball who roundhouse kicks a catfish man into the sky or decides to jump in a strange ocean and swim to an island instead of taking a boat like everyone else.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think after I beat SB I'm going to do PVP and Gold Saucer and try to create the blingest possible glamour to go with one of the senor sabotender weapons

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
you know who needs to be in a hildebrand storyline?

siegfried

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Blattdorf posted:

His Nhaama is actually most certainly Yugiri maybe.

yugiri's a raen though that really wouldn't work

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah until you realize its because they re-used the Doman weapons for SB weapons at like level 68 or 69 :v:

They're just a recolor. Instead of having to create SAM and RDM doman weapons plus weapons for everybody at 68, including SAM and RDM, they simply added SAM and RDM weapons to the doman and reused them all.

But its not like the game is lacking in weapons so no biggie.

The recolors are for Doma Castle so it makes sense. I'll allow it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The trade off is the AST NPC crew are the single best group in the game and are actually fun and memorable so just hanging out with them is WAY better than going to a bad old dungeon with some fucker you don't like.

I can't think of any job NPCs I've met that I don't like so ???

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Countblanc posted:

The thing is, the Warrior of Light is really loving good at killing, but really nothing else.

That's not true. You can also build legendary sofas and make the best loving desserts on the planet.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Your character has exactly as much depth as you feel like giving them. The game is not interested in providing a concrete personality for your character and frankly I'm not interested in asking it to give me one. The conversation options are exactly what I want so just give me more of those (which they have with every expansion).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

EponymousMrYar posted:

"These facking plebians they overcooked my marron glace the caramels not even set properly and what the heck is with this salad, these are clearly NQ greens in here and oh my Hydaelyn my Loaghton steak isn't braised properly I swear this is an insult disguised as pleasantry..."

The inner thoughts of a 60 CUL WoL during Aymeric's dinner.

you're not staring at the wine because you think it might be poisoned you stare at the wine because it's trash garbage

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Xaitil posted:

We do, I assure you!

wait is that the doman garlean uniform can you actually get that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Ala Mhigan tomestone gear is dyeable?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jinh posted:

I think they mention "even if you're not from here, one of your ancestors was" and that's it

late but the buuz saleswoman in Reunion also works your species into her salespitch if you're a Xaela

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SonicRulez posted:

Why don't we do fun stuff?

did you go to group picture day before SB launched

that's why

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tsurupettan posted:

NIN is very complete and the post-60 stuff is just overall nice additions, but you won't feel bad without it.

Source: I boosted a NIN.

agreed that ninja should work well because pretty much everything after 50 on that class is just gravy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I just met magnai and yo this guy loving sucks

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Obligatum VII posted:

He grew on me after a while.

I'm trying to imagine a world where that happens for me and I can't

like I don't care for the entire situation they're presenting here one bit. why am I helping this guy do jack poo poo?

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jul 13, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can actual deal with the smug egotism. That doesn't bother me so much. But the bit where he essentially threatens Lyse with being used as another tribe's sex slave is like

nah I don't want anything to do with this dude that isn't me putting a katana through his chest

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Failboattootoot posted:

Neither of them are villains worth a poo poo tbh.

Edit: Realtalk; this game is loving trash at making good characters. The only character that's conventionally good in any sense of the word is Alphinaud. Everyone else is a 1 note trope that hasn't developed at all in the now 4 years of playing this game, including the one who just starred throughout an entire expansion.

b-b-b-blazing hot take!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like all of the current scion roster and in fact many characters in this game

thanks for listening

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Failboattootoot posted:

Alisaie is a trash character and you completely missed my point. Like yeah, I like Alisaie, she is a likable character and Alphinaud isn't as affable but being likable doesn't make her a good character at loving all. She is, "The brash youth who wants to cut through the bullshit to get poo poo done." and has absolutely no other aspects to her character. None. 0. That is her entire existence. She functions as a tool to throw at a plotpoint when cutting through the bullshit is what's needed and otherwise has no relevance.

Alphinaud starts off the game as a haughty dillweed who thinks he knows best for everyone like a typical teenager. He sees his grand plan come to fruition only for the whole thing to blow up in his dumb face because oops he was a dumb teenager all along. He then spends all of HW learning from his mistakes and becoming a better person in general. He has flaws, fears, hobbies, desires and all the other poo poo you might find in a well-developed character. He experiences growth and the only thing this game has managed to present that even remotely resembles a character arc. He then doesn't in Stormblood but that's a problem with the expansion as a whole.

I don't mean to be harsh towards the story of this game (well other than towards Stormblood which was fuckin' lousy). I think they do a very good job in presentation and handling themes and having good character moments even if 99% of them are flat as a cardboard cut-out. Mostly I am fresh off finishing the SB story and salty that they botched doing anything even remotely interesting with it's "main character".

I guess my only reply to this is that you're not wrong (Except "trash character" come the gently caress on dude) but I've never thought about it and don't actually care so it doesn't matter to me at all.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is max level samurai play really just spamming shinken over and over again cause boy that doesn't sound fun in the least

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Of all the dps classes I've played, a major part of all of them is hitting your oGCDs as often as possible. Shinken just happens to have no cooldown and spends a resource that you're generating constantly. I honestly don't even really think about hitting shinken, I just kind of do it every time it lights up. Instead I'm thinking about how big the numbers are gonna be the next time I fire off a midare.

oh okay I looked it up and I see you guys are talking about what I've already been doing (with limited success at my current level). I thought you guys were implying it was a DPS gain to use kenki on shinten and nothing else which sounded crazy to me

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Countblanc posted:

It's imperative it is, so that you can have a full Light Party of -mage classes between Blue, White, Black, and Red.

magic boys make the noise

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Are you the most indecisive player in all Eorzea or something?

altitis is a real condition and FFXIV makes it easier than ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gruckles posted:

Godbert and the Gold Saucer are gonna be under fire if Viera ever spring into existence.

if we don't see a Viera in return to ivalice I will buy a full scale replica of the RDM AF3 hat and eat it