Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I got sucked into the Kill Team vortex a couple of months ago, and decided to build myself a team worthy of the Omnissiah. Didn't want to go with standard Mars colours; and I kinda like the creepy lol-we're-messing-with-poo poo-we-don't-understand vibe they're going with, so I based my colour-scheme on the Witcher 2's Dethmold.

Behold, Magos Biologis Dethmal and his Rho-0/1-4ce Specimen Acquisition Team:

(Rangers and Vanguard not included, since... I started a regular 40K army as well, and went with Mars colours)

The Infiltrator Princeps looks a little rough because I ran out of time painting him yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes.

Now I want to put a Dunecrawler on Helvarin legs.

It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little white tack.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Unfortunately, the picture didn't really capture the Crawlmiger's lopsided "what the hell did I do to deserve this" look. It's on my desk, and it looks so disappointed :)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

jng2058 posted:

The Warglaive on the crawler legs looks appropriately Mechanicusy. The Crawler on Armiger legs just looks like a Sentinel with a hormonal imbalance. :shrug:

Having slept on it, I'm really bummed out that the Warglaive's been set aside for my Knights project, because now I really want to turn it into a Khorne/Dark Mechanicum demonic machine :( Also, only have one chainsaw, and that's not very Khorne at all.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

jng2058 posted:

Grab one of these chain-axes online: https://www.shapeways.com/product/2Z9B3PMNX/mini-knight-khopesh-chain-weapon?opsttionId=65370612&li=marketplace put the Thermal Spear on top of the carapace, stick the stubber or melta-gun on a tentacle and you're good to go.

I'll bookmark that link, but like I said, the Warglaive's already earmarked for my Knight detachment :( Hopefully I'll land a job soon, because then I can throw some :10bux: at more warhams.

Chainclaw posted:

Finished these guys today. The more I paint, the more I like the ad mech line, which I already liked a lot. I'm excited to do the Dunecrawler soon.

[rad cyberninjas]

I gotta admit, I'm fielding Ruststalkers for their coolness alone, despite their not being all that great. At least their princeps is nice in Kill Team. Speaking of, here's mine:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I've only played Kill Team, and only three games at that, but they've been pretty solid in my experience. Lost my first game against an Ork player, absolutely creamed a Death Watch player, and won the re-match against the Orks. AdMech are overall good at shooting, have decent CQC models (Sicarians), and their canticles are never bad. Leadership/morale isn't too impressive, and some things are a bit overpriced re: usefulness (I'm looking at you, transuranic arquebus!)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

The Arquebus is far more valued in the standard 40k game, where Characters can be immune to ranged fire. It's still drat expensive (probably overcosted by 5-10pts), but having 1-3 can be very useful and damaging to the opposing player where Character auras are key.

Oh, definitely! I've made a 5-man Ranger squad with 2 arquebuses for my regular army, just in case I ever get to play against someone, but as far as Kill Team is concerned, it's definitely underpowered/overpriced. I mean, having a 60" range looks cool on paper, but it has no use on a playing field that's 22"x30", and Heavy 1 S7 AP-2 is hardly the bad-rear end mofo it is in regular 40K. It still has its use - I used it to drop the Death Watch leader in the first round, but it's not 15 points worth of awesome.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I've been going over my first forays into building and painting, and I'm getting increasingly annoyed by, well, everything about the Kastelans. I want to repaint them to fit in better with my other Mars forces, but I also want them to be of the shooting variant, since they're pretty much my only melee unit, and I'd rather just go all in on the dakka. Has anyone tried converting Kastelans from punchybots to dakkabots? What is the best / least worst way of doing it?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

darnon posted:

I've seen either on shapeways or thingiverse wrist-mount blasters you can use to make them serve double purpose.

Otherwise you should be able to just xacto knife them off, though I recall the rear was a bit concave so might be a bit messy to get at the post of the wrist joint and depending on how much glue was used. From there you could just throw some 1/4” flat magnets in.

Duct Tape posted:

I'd absolutely recommend this. I magnetized all the arms and weapons on my Kastelan's, so I can easily swap between dakka and punchy. It was really easy to do while assembling them, but it might be a bit more work having to get them in place on fully-assembled robots.

Thanks for the tips!

Revelation 2-13 posted:

In mechanicus news, Cawl dropped massively to 190. Dominus too. Kataphron destroyers from 30 to 15 (guns cost the same it looks like though). Dunecrawler got a 20 point drop (90 to 70). Arquebus from 25 to 15. Rust stalker with only blades went from 22 to 14.
Holy poo poo, that means my painted army went from ~1200 to ~1000 pts. Sigh, I was so close to being able to field an army to play with the local nerds (1500 pts only :rolleyes:), now I have even more poo poo to paint. Or just stop pussyfooting around, and assemble/paint that Valiant knight I've got sitting in his box.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Corrode posted:

On this subject, Post Your Models!

In the same spirit was Walker Weekend or Show Some Character, let's have a year-end Post Your Models - show off stuff you painted in 2018. It's up to you what you want to post - just the stuff you're most proud of, or every goddamn dude down to the last 3pt Gretchin. Tell us what you were painting and why - did you have a project for the year you wanted to complete, or you got super excited about new releases, or you're an insane hobby idiot who's painted 200+ models this year because you're constantly chasing the meta?

Pictured, in chronological order:
  • 1x Techpriest Dominus (the red one), the very first warham I painted. I'm really pleased with how he turned out, but slightly less pleased with how his servo-skull snapped after a week. Also, those fuckers are a pain to glue onto their base.
  • 1x Onager Dunecrawler.
  • 5x Skitarii Rangers. The sniper with the base was an experiment using glue and sand. It looks OK, but there's way too much effort involved for me to apply the same method to the rest of the gang.
  • 1x Armiger Warglaive. I was super-pleased with how that one turned out at first, but as time goes by, and I feel I'm getting better, I just want to strip the paint off, and redo from start.
  • 2x Kastelan Robots. Same as the Warglaive, times a thousand.
  • 1x Belisarius Cawl. Really proud of that one, but he's technically not finished, since I didn't have the greens for his little computer screen.
  • 12x Skitarii Vanguard. Tabletop-ready only, as they were an experiment in how to make the painting process more efficient. Turns out assembly lines work!
  • 2x Armiger Helverins. In a moment of weakness, I snagged a box of these. Seriously, Knights are to cool. Tabletop-ready+
  • 1x Techpriest Dominus (the blue one). Trying out my Kill Team colours. Turned out smashing, IMO.
  • 1x Sicarian Infiltrator Princeps. Kill Team.
  • 1x Sicarian Ruststalker Princeips. Kill Team.
  • 1x Knight Valiant. Technically not tabletop-ready, since it's only been dry-fit together, but it looks soooo cool!

I only started collecting warhams late august/early september, so I think I've been pretty good about getting poo poo done. That said, I've got a lot of stuff to do; see list down below :aaaaa: But right now, my priority is getting my knights finished. That means painting and assembling the Valiant, finishing the two Helverins, and painting/assembling the last Warglaive. Then, at some time in the future, re-painting the first Warglaive.

Not shown: 1x Armiger Warglaive (primed, sub-assembled), 1x Onager Dunecrawler (sub-assembled), 4x Sicarian Infiltrators (primed, assembled), 1x Cybernetica Datasmith (primed, assembled), 3x Skitarii Vanguards (painted, unbased), 2x Skitarii Vanguards (painted, unassembled), 8x Skitarii Vanguards (primed, unassembled), 1x Sydonian Dragoon (primed, sub-assembled); also, the terrain from the Kill Team starter set. It's painted and table-top ready, but I can't be arsed to do any detailing on it.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

On the subject of magnets, how powerful should/shouldn't the magnets be? I found a local online supplier, but I don't know if I should go for the neodymium magnets or some other ones.

Incidentally, for any Danish/Scandinavian goons, this is the supplier in question.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The AdMech Start Collecting box is very solid. You can also check eBay for the AdMech half of Forgebane.

Get two, and you're well on your way to a battalion detachment. Add some Dakkabots and a Cawl, and you're no longer a poo poo-tier scrub.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

That's an amazing looking muzzle burn. Mind sharing how you do it?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

ijyt posted:

Cheers, it's a basecoat of VMA Gunmetal highlighted with VMA Steel, then matte varnished and stained with burnt umber oil paint (dab in on liberally, let it dry a couple of minutes, then wipe it down with a cloth, repeat until happy). The soot is just airbrushed on black acrylic, and a final edge wear with a hard graphite pencil.

Thanks a lot! The airbrushing is beyond my means, but maybe some light sponging/wiping might manage something similar. I'll definitely try it on the next big gun that needs painting :)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Quick and dirty dry fit, but I think my alternative chevron experiment worked out OK.

e: gently caress it, wrong thread.

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Dec 28, 2018

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Can someone recommend me a good tutorial/video on building and magnetizing an Imperial Knight? I thought I had found a good one, but the fellow started out by gluing the first weapon to the shoulder, kinda ruining the entire point of magnetizing the drat thing.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Crab-Stuffed posted:

Apologies, I only saw the first few minutes - but this one looks good?

https://youtu.be/xku055KLNVY

Sorry for not responding earlier, but I had a little brush with the ol' norovirus :/

That wasn't quite what I was looking for, since it's a continuation from an earlier video (which was OK), but it did have a link to a video that was pretty much just what I was looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUbAWYMuxRo

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

For what it's worth, my Sicarians w/power swords have become Space Marine cuisinarts in local Kill Team matches.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I dunno how useful this is for goons outside of Europe, but I use Safe & Sound boxes/trays to carry my warhams. They were the cheapest, their trays are "modular" (i.e. they are a fixed proportion re: the boxes,) and all the FLGS seem to carry them.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Today I finally managed to rope someone into a round of ham-slammin’, and there was much rejoicing in the House of Horse! I played AdMech, and my opponent played Orks. We settled on a point limit of 1250, of which I managed to use 1189 before running out of finished models; I think my opponent stuck to the same amount to be “fair”. Irony-quotes, because he definitely should have used all available points. Before starting, I informed him of the Cawl/Kastelan combo, and the buckets of dice I’d be rolling. To his credit, my opponent had a good laugh, and asked me to bring it on! I suspect beerhammer is in short supply with the local ‘slammers.

Anyway, my list looked something like this (PL 74):

HQ
• Cawl, reroller extraordinaire
• Dominus: volkite blaster, phosphor serpenta and some other bits/skills that never saw use. Also warlord, and vanguard support.

Troops
• 5 rangers: 2 transarqs, 3 galvanic rifles and an omnispex.
• 5 vanguards: 2 plasma, 3 radium guns.
• 5 vanguards: 2 arc rifles, 2 radium guns, and an alpha with a p. sword/ph. pistol combo.
• 5 vanguards: 4 radium guns, and an alpha with an arc pistol/taser combo

Heavy Support
• 4 Kastelan robots with ALL the dakka.
• 1 dunecrawler: Icarus array and cognis stubber
• 1 dunecrawler: neutron laser and 2 cognis stubbers

I’m not really sure what my opponent was fielding, but IIRC it was (PL 58):

• Weirdboy that teleported boys to their doom
• 3x30 shoota boy(?) squads
• big ol’ heap of grots
• 3 warbikes
• 3 or 4 killa kans
• Deffdread
• Some ork character that didn’t do all that much
• a squad of orks with heavier-than-usual guns

We set up the 4x4 table, scattering ruins in a fairly even manner, and dropped objectives where we promptly forgot all about them. We picked one of the missions from the 40K primer; Only War! I think. After taking about an hour in setting up all the orks, we finally rolled off for who got to start - I rolled higher, and went first. I moved my vanguards into near an objective marker, and my rangers onto higher ground, where they had an unimpeded LOS on every unit. I then popped the Binharic Override stratagem, and started my shooting phase. Long story short, the orks lost about 60 boys to the dakkabots. My dunecrawlers reduced the deffdread to 1 hit, and my vanguards managed to kill 2 grots. 1d4chan have severly oversold the awesomeness of the “cancer guns.” Thus ended my first turn, and ork player started his. Also, it probably goes without saying, that I had shroudpsalm up the whole time.

His turn wasn’t super eventful, mostly just advancing his units (and rolling well on the deffdread regaining wounds.) He did manage to teleport a unit of boys behind my lines, and advanced his warbikes up into a position where they threatened my flank. But most of his energywas spent trying to shoot my Kastelans; of which he managed to kill one. He lost another dozen boys during his morale phase, and then it was my turn agan.

If his turn was bad, mine wasn’t much better. My rangers managed to kill the weirdboy, my dakkabots erased the teleported boys, and everyone else whiffed their shots like they were getting paid for it.

The orks’ second turn was where their situation went from bad to abysmal. He decided to start charging his units; grots into th vanguards, warbikes into the Kastelans and the dunecrawlers. His grots ran into a hail of radium, plasma and arc rifle overwatch fire, and lost to the law of large numbers. For the dunecrawlers, I popped the cognis overwatch stratagem, which toon care of one bike - the Kastelans took care of the others. By now he was down to only his killa kans and ‘dread, which he charged into the Kastelans. After the first kan died to the first bot, he conceded the game, since none of us felt like rolling dice into the wee hours of the morning.

All in all, a fun game!

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I'm adding some more Skitarii dollies to my Kill Team, but I'm having a bitch of a time actually gluing their tiny feet onto the bases; the surface area is just too small to make a join worth a drat. Has anyone had any similar experiences, and perhaps a solution?

e: This isn't unique to these particular models, either; nor does the glue seem to be the culprit. Both of my dunecrawler models have detached from their bases - one was super-glued to the base, the other one with Citadel plastic glue.

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 17, 2019

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

That doesn't seem any different from how I'm already doing things. Could something else be at work? Am I perhaps using too little glue? Does ambient temperature play a role? I'm using the standard GW bases, should I perhaps sand them down a bit first?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

xtothez posted:

My skitarii were all done by gluing just the legs to the base first (they won't overbalance by themselves), assembling the body, then prime and base coat both separately. Makes it much each to get some of the details, especially the inside of the cloak. Once that and the legs themselves were painted, both halves can be stuck together.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Finds some light grain sandpaper, and rough up the edges you want to glue together. This increases the surface area (slightly) and also removes any coating on the plastic.

Recent plastic I haven’t had any issues, but older stuff (such as ork boyz) I have noticed seem to have a coating of release agent or something.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try this out later tonight. If worst comes to worst, I'll try pinning the models.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Three afternoons of fairly intensive painting, and my Kill Team now has some more Sicarians! Yay!

Glorious zoom action

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

:godwin:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Whoah, those new Valhallan sculpts look great!

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

What's folks biggest pain in the rear end kits?

Mine are the Sydonian Dragoons. Love how they look, enjoying using them on the table but after painting two I had no desire to paint any more.

Which is a shame, because I really want more.

It's a toss-up between the Dragoons and the new Fat Techpriest for me. Absolutely love how they look, but I resent the sheer nit-pickery of building and painting them.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

inscrutable horse posted:

I'm adding some more Skitarii dollies to my Kill Team, but I'm having a bitch of a time actually gluing their tiny feet onto the bases; the surface area is just too small to make a join worth a drat. Has anyone had any similar experiences, and perhaps a solution?

e: This isn't unique to these particular models, either; nor does the glue seem to be the culprit. Both of my dunecrawler models have detached from their bases - one was super-glued to the base, the other one with Citadel plastic glue.

Ahahaha, I've finally found the culprit. Turns out, about 1/2 of all my bases are ever so slightly warped :shepicide: Time to see if a bit of heat and pressure can straighten those assholes out, otherwise I'm ever so slightly boned...

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Beautiful! This guy is on my wishlist but I am super intimidated by the assembly part. I don't know if I can do that part. :ohdear: I've had troubles with easier models in comparison to this one.

Don't worry about it. He looks super intimidating, but he's actually quite easy to sub-assemble and paint. If you use Uncle Duncan's guide, you're pretty much guaranteed to get a fantastic result. I assembled and painted my Cawl over a period of three or four afternoons, which is better than most other "simpler" models I've fooled around with.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Leadbelcher is a right bastard to work with, with Warplock Bronze a close second. Next to impossible to thin with either medium or water, and it fouls up brushes like there was no tomorrow. So naturally, today I decided to paint three Skitarii Rangers w/ arc rifles using those colours :v:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

I'd say go for the leadbelcher spray... Except it's introduces a whole new, different set of problems. I used it to base my Kastelan Robots, and while it covers nicely and looks great, there are multiple patches where subsequent paints just. Won't. Stick. At all. Once I finally had a uniform colour all over, I'd painted more than 15 layers all in all :v:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

TWSS posted:

Double nuln oil wash after using the leadbelcher spray, that will give it the texture you need to get paint to stick.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that! I'll write it down on a post-it for next time :)

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

My brother-in-law just got his hands on the Arena expansion for Kill Team, and set up a small tournament for himself, me and a friend of ours. I brought my Ad Mechs, b-i-l brought Orks, and Mr. Friend brought Deathwatch. Since we hadn't played Arena before, we just decided to go with the first scenario in the book. We rolled a d6 each, lowest and highest would go first. I rolled 1, b-i-l rolled 3, and Friend rolled 4; first match was Admechs vs. Deathwatch.

(Spoiler warning: I won the first game. But this is what the arena looked like; doors, corridors and corners everywhere. e: Oh, and ignore the circles, it's an image from our Facebook group)

To the first bout, I brought an infiltrator princeps, a ruststalker princeps, a regular ruststalker, 3 ranger gunners w/arc rifles, a ranger w/enhanced data tether, a vanguard alpha and a regular vanguard. I really enjoyed that first game, Admech vs. DW is a great match-up. His marines are qualitatively better, but I was better able to press the advantage of numbers and mobility, resulting in a very tense match. The game could have gone either way at any round, but two lucky mortal wound proccings from my ruststalkers' chordclaws gave me control over the center-left objective, as well as the center of the board, giving me two VPs more than Friend. The loser had to fight the Orks, so I sat out the next match.

It was a bloody massacre. Whilst the marines fought a good fight (or tried to), they were absolutely swamped by the green tide. Brother-in-law had something like 15 to 17 models, and with two rounds of good rolls, he was sitting on three objectives, and had most of the marines tied up in melee. Friend only lost two marines, but rolled poorly on his nerve tests on turn 3, and had all marines but his leader shaken. The Orks won with a lead of 10 VPs.

Which meant that it was my turn to face the Orks. My idea was to bring a bunch of guns to thin the herd of greenskins, so I went from a Sicarian-based list, to a Skitarii-heavy one: 3 ranger gunners w/arc rifles, 3 vanguard gunners w/plasma calivers, 1 ranger with an enhanced data tether, and a vanguard alpha.

This was a poor choice. I hadn't thought much about it in the game vs. the DW, but those corridors and closed doors really don't help a list that is exclusively shooty. If anything, I got clowned even harder than the DW, and it was a miracle that I actually had 5 models left alive by turn 4; those 6+ invul saves you get from bionics saved my bacon a frightening amount of times. We didn't bother tallying the VPs at the end of the match, since I'd only managed to snag 4, and he stopped counting at 12. To say the game was one-sided would be an understatement.

Final thoughts:

DW are very hampered by their low unit count, especially in a game where you have to seize and hold objectives. Powerful as they are, they can only be in a limited amount of places at once, and they can't really support each other. The tight corridors and closed doors helped them in places, since they could choke off access, but it meant they couldn't use a lot of their special gear.

AdMech are not built for cramped quarters. It nullifies their greatest strength: good, long-range guns. Of course, they aren't helpless, since they can field Sicarian units, which are good in CQC, but those units are really expensive, and lack flexibility. Also, there are other units out there, which will murder Sicarians with gleeful abandon:

...Orks. Arena is built for Orks. Low point-cost and beefy CQC ability out the wazoo, coupled with their accursed charge rerolls make for a beastly Arena army. I wouldn't call for Orks to be nerfed, but I will take any suggestion to use unfair tactics against them.

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Mar 24, 2019

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

So if I'm rounding out an AdMech kill team using their kill team box as a starting point, what's a good idea for filling out the rest of the team? I built the box set as 3 Infiltrators, 1 Ruststalker, and1 Ruststalker Princeps, and I'm guessing that rounding the team out with Skitarii Rangers/Vanguard are a good call but I have no idea which I should use or what I should kit them out with. I've got a 10-man sprue of Skitarii from the Forgebane box so I'm pretty sure I can do whatever.

Lame answer, but it really depends on who you’re playing against, and what the battlefield looks like re: terrain. Open terrain and/or a tower with a view? Perfect for a transuranic arquebus + omnispex combo, sprinkled with rangers wielding arc- or galvanic rifles. Tight quarters? More sicarians and/or vanguards. If you’re up against orks, go for weapons with higher strength; space marines need weapons with -AP.

If you’re anything like me, who has less sense than money, you might want to buy an extra box of sicarians and skitarii, so that you can build most of the options in twos.

E: for example, here’re the models I’ve assembled for Kill Team:

1 infiltrator princeps w/taser goad
1 ruststalker princeps w/chordclaw and blades
2 regular ruststalkers w/ chordclaws and razors
2 regular infiltrators w/ taser goads
2 regular infiltrators w/ power swords
(Incidentally, the two princeps, ruststalkers and power sword infiltrators are 90 pts; slap on a skitarii alpha as leader, and you’ve got a CQC team)
3 rangers w/ arc rifles
3 vanguards w/ plasma calivers
1 ranger w/ transuranic arquebus
1 ranger w/ omnispex (doubles as enhanced data tether)
1 vanguard w/ enhanced data tether (doubles as omnispex)
1 ranger alpha w/ galvanic rifle
1 vanguard alpha w/ taser goad and arc pistol

...and then there’s my regular 40K army which supplies all the regular skitarii.

inscrutable horse fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 1, 2019

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Is there a dice-roller app for Kill Team combat, because holy loving poo poo am I tired of a) having to refer to the rules every drat game, and b) waiting for 20 loving orks to finish their goddamn attacks. I want to plug in some numbers and see the results, not watch bouncy cubes for hours on end :cripes:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

With the Kill Team starter set and a box of Acolyte Hybrids, what's a good Genestealer Cult list? I'm super poor at the moment, so buying more models won't be an option for many a moon.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Thanks mate! That gives me a good starting place to build from :) I'm thinking of going with mostly shotguns for the neophytes, with a flamer or grenade launcher thrown into the mix. As for the Acolytes, the heavy saw and cutter look mean.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

How can such skill be wasted on someone with absolutely no taste?! :psyduck:

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Pondered up, down and sideways, and this is the GSC kill team I think I'll go with:

Neophyte leader w/ power maul and bolter, Leader
Neophyte gunner w/ flamer, Demolition
Neophyte gunner w/ heavy stubber, Heavy
Neophyte gunner w/ grenade launcher
Neophyte gunner w/ seismic cannon
Neophyte w/ shotgun and icon, Medic
2x Neophytes w/ shotgun
2x Neophytes w/ autogun

Metamorph leader w/ hand flamer and bonesword, Veteran
Hybrid metamorph w/ metamorph claw, Combat
Acolyte fighter w/ heavy rock saw, Zealot
Acolyte fighter w/ heavy rock cutter
Acolyte fighter w/ hand flamer

And lastly, a Magus, Psyker

This shouldn't be too terrible in a game vs. mostly orks, tau and deathwatch, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Thanks guys, a lot of that stuff seems hard to find, how much was the battleforce box when it came out? its $200 on ebay/amazon

Wow, I got my AdMech battleforce for around 75 USD at my FLGS. Seems it was an even better bargain than I first thought.