Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is that the face he was making when he apologized? I can totally imagine it is.

nah the apology was in the form of a blog post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Mr. Sharps posted:

Chris Christie is so perfectly fat it is perplexing to me usually fat people have a gross sort of sagging quality but Christie looks like he's stuffed full of packing peanuts, oddly buoyant.

he's definitely wearing spanx or something

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

It still might be the face he was making when he apologized. That is, he recognizes that the world thinks he is an rear end but is internally confident that he is the normal one and everyone else is a bunch of babies.

the apology seemed sincere and legit to me but afaik he just found a decent Crisis Management firm to take care of it for him

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

President Abu-Bakr al-Big Dummy

heh

Zas posted:

the animals are loving dying

heh

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

anyone else getting real bored of trump yet?

i got bored with donny within a few days of his announcement.

he doesnt actually do anything that special or interesting. hes just an average dumb old racist uncle.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i cant find the source for this at all. average gas price at the pump is at a low for this year but it was cheaper last year and parts of the year before that. gasoline commodity futures are also not at their lowest.

the lack of specificity of this claim + the fact that there is not a clear source that explains how it is determined means that if someone asks about this at a press conference later someone can say something like "actually the current national average price is lower than the average price of gas over the last ten years" or some other weird statistics trick that will drive me insane.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

what the hell is a source?

even just a bullshit source. anything that would have inspired the tweet. theres nothing on fox or brietbart about this. maybe it was on tv?

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

he made the same claim about the weather during his inauguration. that it stopped raining for his speech. it was visibly raining during his speech, but he said that it was not raining.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

listen, im not saying that the president of the united states has dementia. i just think it would be worthwhile for reporters to ask for any potential developments in this situation every day in the press briefings.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

im upset that manipulating our idiot president requires feeding his ego and convincing him that he is the smartest person in the room.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

nobody could have expected this

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/cnni/status/882952793920864256

Mark "Augustus" Zuckerberg and Emmanuel "Jupiter" Macron will lead us into the future.

the truly inspiring part of this story didnt get reported. turns out that he actually held his breath the entire four hours. macron was concerned about conserving "precious oxygen" for the rest of the crew, and used his extreme powers of self control to make the sacrifice. truly a hero. vive la france

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

tbh it would be better for msnbc to have compared the internet flag to the confederate banner or something else stupid and wrong. that pisses the frogboys off more than anything. they will climb over themselves explaining that they actually are emulating the nazi flag because of how great the third reich is.

edit: i have apparently been fooled by a false news scheme

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

Why is there a goon swarm bee in this

did you not get the memo we are alt right now .

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

amazon is probably going to buy out all of washington and we will soon become a nation of corporate entities rather than political states

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

A preview of life under ZUCK!

Do not fear worker units, this technology will only be used for good!

ZUCK!

idk why people even want to buy these things do they even work well for doing anything?

it's kinda funny that this guy accidently called the cops on himself by yelling about (not) calling the cops

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

D1E posted:

But seriously imagine how boring your life would be if Hillary had won.

I hope all future Presidents are mentally retarded senile imbeciles with large families of idiot children

despite not being president Clinton has managed to start a controversy about the literal slaves working in her house, her daughter has been attacked online for seeming to have political aspirations, and posted some bafflingly garbage tweets. plus the left could be actively trying to pressure democrats leftwards instead of just crossing their fingers and hoping the insane president doesnt accidently pass a law banning contraception or reorganizing the 50 states' borders to spell his name.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

serious opinion incoming:

I think we have so many loving people, and especially with the Internet and social media giving everyone equal footing and creating a fuckton of white noise, that the voices of the individual are being drowned out bigly and people are starting to look back to royal figures because they were able to govern over the faceless multitudes by being "Greater"

yeah this is why I've gone whole fuckin hog for #ZUCK2018 !!! i trust the big data wizard boy, and wish to live in a just and fair panopticon state. ill give you everything i have dr zuck. watch me jerk off through my webcam if you want!!! you will be like a god, always listening to our prayers #2cucked4zuck

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

"this russian lady told me she had some dirt on hillary clinton and that the russian government wanted to help donald t**mp succeed in the election. i say sure, but she doesnt even give me any intel! just starts talking about sanctions or something, i didnt understand what exactly she was saying. so anyway she asks for my support on whatever and i tell her i would have to get back to her, and then she doesnt even give me the good stuff wtf."

don junior was too stupid to realize that he was being asked for a favor in exchange for a favor and thats why he thinks he is innocent.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Montasque posted:

Quick poll.

Who would you rather be President - Donald Trump or Mike Pence?

pence, because i hate living in a timeline where idiot baby donald gets go be president. pence might enact severe damage to the country but donny feels like some kind of cosmic punishment.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

So we have unassailable evidence that Junior wanted Russian state help, and everyone's talking about whether Trump was in on it or not, but how far are they in proving that help actually happened? Or, how necessary is that compared to knowing that they wanted it?

well theres the thing about how Russia hacked and released the dnc emails through wikileaks.

and the fact that they at the very least attempted to infiltrate multiple election computer networks. (thanks Reality Winner)

russia likely activated a bunch of political operatives (kids on computers) to flood online American discourse surrounding the presidential election.

the #fakenews scandal they helped fuel via sputnik and (to a lesser extent) RT

micheal flynn was natsec adviser while being paid by a turkish lobbying firm that was funded at least in part by a russian gas company oligarch.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

What I mean is, how can they prove that those are state actors and that the Trump campaign ordered them? I figured that would be the tricky part now that we know they at least wanted them to happen.

We're talking about taking down a US president here so I figured they'd need evidence down to a subatomic level or it's not worth trying.

wapo reported that us intelligence was extremely confident in the information provided by a russian source that Putin personally requested hacking and leaking information damaging to Hillary clinton

and Donald Trump asked for Russia to hack Hillary clinton's "deleted emails" on stage at a campaign rally.

and some member of the Donald campaign claimed to have personally had contact with "guccifer 2.0" on tv iirc

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

DJT should release the piss tape himself but grt someone on 4chan to superimpose the CNN logo onto the bed.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Pinely posted:

lol it's going to be awesome if j kush is out

bannon is lazier, even less competent, and literally a nazi. poo poo's going to be wild.

excuse me but bannon has worked as both a banker and a hollywood exec. how could he possibly be a nazi?

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

zen death robot posted:

Is Trump still lying about everything>

yeah he's talking

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

completely coincidentally, my personal values and political beliefs are exactly the political beliefs that a party should take on to be nationally successful

technically this is true for the majority of people

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Brother Friendship posted:

I have the same set of arguments for union dues as I do with taxes and walk them through the benefits earned with the minimal loss of income. I ask things like 'Do you really think workers would be better off negotiating individually or as a group' and 'Why would management give concessions if they didn't have to when corporations exist to maximize profit and, if a board of directors fail to do so, they are in legal violation of their duties.' But I also don't pretend that corruption isn't absolutely rife in unions and I share some stories about the influence of the mob with some local flavor (my hometown was a backwater for the NY/NJ crime families). I always end the discussion by advocating the elimination of unions and the establishment of a country wide united labor force to negotiate with capital. They always laugh at that part and I'm like 'why do you think I'm joking'.

I've talked to a few dozen conservatives and honestly, no matter how agreeable they are, they will never change their minds. I just go through the motions for my own benefit and take my satisfaction from the debate.

the best way to convert these people is to absolutely play up corruption and crime connections, and then ask them who's side of that they would rather be on. pitch everything like a pyramid scheme and that if they are willing to play for the team they can also trick their bosses into giving them more money. people can take the blue pill and learn about labor relations later when they actually have incentive to believe in it for their own sake.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

lol why do you think there will be free and fair elections in 2020? Trump or his chosen successor will slide right through because only affluent or better white people will be allowed to vote.

Under the New Equal Voting Representation act, a minimum of 50% of all votes must go to the republican candidates. This is to ensure safe and legitimate elections and to prevent democrats from dictating policy for the rest of America.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

whenever i go more than a few hours without using my phone or computer i get excited when i eventually log back on. a shimmer of hope that the president has been taken out of office while i wasn't paying attention. it's like having a lottery ticket. i know that im not going to win but gosh is it fun to imagine.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

deadgoon posted:

i think its really brave that dr who is a woman

i support her

i hope the cops dont shoot her while shes inside the dr who telephone box

haha wont they have to change the title to mrs. who now ? lol

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

this guy is correct

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i think it's hosed up that, as a country, we have accepted that the presidential candidate who got millions fewer votes than his opposition won. just because we were told that doing anything about that little problem would be too whiny.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

ah yes, the inconcievable health coverage plan funded through the awesome and terrifying eldritch forces of yog-sothoth. health insurance plans that you can not dream of, lest you go mad and fall into a slumber of eternal nightmare. do not attempt to think of this health coverage legislation, as doing so is the folly of fools and madmen whose lust for power will be their own unraveling.

its an app that rounds up credit card charges to the nearest dollar and puts that money into a tax-deductable (nonrefundable) health savings account *brain explodes*

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Spoeank posted:

ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DIFFERENT UNIFORMS

100,000 different uniforms

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

i think Donald believes that jeff sessions has recused himself from all the responsibilities of attorney general, rather than just the investigation thing.

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

has Miller even done anything since he went around looking like a human penis on the sunday shows in, like, week 3?

he wrote the speech donald gave in poland about defending Western Civilization and ensuring a homeland for all the white children

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

posting in c-spam has likely ruined many a political career before it even started

Reporter: "You posted a message in 2017 saying that you were planning to 'drop a statue of Ed Balls onto the president and crush his smooth orb-brain.' Care to comment?"
Me, as Presidential Candidate: "Yeah, that one got a lot of emptyquotes."

*poll numbers shoot up 8%*

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Vladimir Putin posted:

I think a self pardon wouldn't pass the smell test even for Trumps supporters.

yeah it would lol. he fired the fbi guy and said it was to get the russia stuff off his back in a televised interview

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

hmm maybe yall republicans shouldnt have turned down medicaid funding at the state level for no loving reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

People have bitched at me when I say trumptard. I've switched to red hat because someone is going to get in my face about being ableist.

trumptard sounds stupid as hell anyway, redhat is much better imo.

i think this mooch guy is doing it because he thinks it will be fun. whenever ive seen him he looks like he is having a good time.

• Locked thread