Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus posted:

hey you dumb loving idiots maybe quit making GBS threads up cspam with violent rhetoric

you idiot fuckers

Jazerus posted:

get it?

for those who are deficient in understanding images it means that cspam is for chill political discussion not planning your revolution

i yelled at the suk zone for lack of better options but this belongs here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

all those posts lost forever to cspam historians of the future

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

time to christen the new tormp thred w/ a classic

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

zdr w/ old trump thread (zdr is jack deth obv.)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

thank god zdr flushed down the old trump thread with the suck zoners with it

nite crew bihtc

ya the trancer that comes in at the end represents the extreme sukk that invaded

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

and those of you who really know your trancers 2 lore understand that the trancer brought the exploding ham into jack deth's house in the first place

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

old thred still has 2 unread posts that are going to drive me loving nuts ZDR

i posted some nerd poo poo about caesar and mormonpartyboat mourned the thred briefly

i think those were the last 2

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

crazy cloud posted:

this is what happens when we don't have ik's

agreed the power vacuum has naturally attracted a massive quantity of sukk and while jeb!bot is good he channels the low energy of his master

baloogan for ik

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

jez is just the best

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

day crew

nite crew

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

Mark is totally day crew and its so embarrassing, he definitely is a tory voter and Jez is a labour voter

ya jez is straight nite crew

super hans is baloogan

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

D1E posted:

I honestly think Hillary could have won if she just asked Trump geography questions during the debates.

"Donald, is Qatar a good or bad country? Where is it located?"

Oh man he would have hosed that chair to pieces.

this all could have been resolved with a series of seven lincoln-douglas style debates

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

does wisdom actually do anything in any iteration of BG1 or 2

governs cleric/druid spells

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i made a cleric/wizard once in bg1 and boy is there a reason they stopped letting you advance in two classes at once in 3rd edition

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

don't say that in the mirror three times or you become her sugoi boyfriendo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Baloogan posted:

yeah, there is definitely russophobia in america

seriouisly lol at the red scare

its all gonna come out that its bs

it's not a red scare if they're not leftists loogs

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Agean90 posted:

tbh id rather barbarians be game breaking than a magic class. those seem to attract the worst people

ya magic classes are my fav but only if you don't play them like a dickhead by totally outshining everyone else, it's okay to be a pivotal part of an encounter but don't just wave your hand and solve everything yourself

the fact that you have to think about whether you're being a poo poo just by using your class's abilities is why d&d casters are poorly designed

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the correct position to take is hating on russian billionaires instead of the country itself because what's happening to its citizens is entirely because of kleptocracy and the fact that sanctions are loving useless at anything other than loving poors

mueller is going to ruin the oligarchs more than anything congress will consider and he's not even intending to do that

the correct position for any oligarch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLRLGQ7cRI

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

lol FATAL

but no. it's the "fourth" one.

sure but the problem with wizards/druids/clerics isn't that they're so versatile, it's that everyone else isn't

boiling it down like 4th ed did is interesting too but i always loved that magic is very freeform and diverse in 3.5/pf/etc.

the issue is access, if a wizard can fly by thinking real hard while a barbarian has to buy a pair of flying boots that cost as much as the gdp of a small nation it's a problem. the solution isn't to chop down casters but to let barbarians fly because they're buff dudes that hate things, a lot, and hatred makes them magical

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

I don't mean to sound sentimental but my house spider fam hasn't shown up yet and they're a month late and I'm actually pretty upset about it :(

i had a bunch of wolf spiders move in early and starve cause all the insects weren't around yet

inconsiderate six-legged fuckers

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

and you didn't find yourself finding bugs to feed them?!

only found one of em alive and he was taking care of himself for a while, then one day he started a predatory vigil in part of my apartment with no bugs and by the time i realized he hadn't moved for two days it was too late

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Addamere posted:

i never played baldurs gate 2 past the intro level where you meet minsc

i really should fix that but my discs have long since disappeared

wasnt there a remake sometime recent?

i also never played icewind dale or any of the other games of that era

am i actually missing out on a good game or is everyone nostalgic and will it feel like poo poo compared to modern offerings?

also how much will i miss out on just watching a goon lp of it?

baldur's gate is the closest thing to playing traditional d&d in video game form. if that appeals to you then it won't feel like poo poo at all

both bg games are way, way better than any modern bioware game in any case

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

y'know how bioware games have been on a steady downward slope for ages, with mass effect just being kotor but with way less depth and more voice acting and the sequels just compounding these issues?

bg1 & bg2 are at the top of the slope

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nichael posted:

BG2 has voice acting? How much and is it all good? That increases the chances I'll play it, honestly. Good acting gives so much more life to a game.

it has character blurbs like starcraft's unit blurbs

you shouldn't seek out rpgs w/ voice acting imo because the huge expense that rises with every line that has to be recorded always limits the depth of the designers' ambition and reduces the complexity of the dialogue (unless obsidian is the developer)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nichael posted:

nah, I should because voice acting is really cool and actors bring characters to life more than text and animations

play bg2 & planescape and compare them to modern rpgs before you judge it as a net good is all i'm saying

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ya but are the wizards turning them gay???

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Addamere posted:

i recall getting a mage/thief as soon as you start

i also recall my first time i was going to play it constantly rerolling chargen until i could be a paladin for some reason

fwiw bg1 is really good too and nowadays you can play it in bg2's engine which is important because bg1's is a lot more irritating

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i stand by my opinion that if dup is gonna be part of a ruling coalition sinn fein should take their seats

if you're gonna get the troubles going again anyway might as well make it really dramatic

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Addamere posted:

idk man i liked kotor 1 and 2 and i have heard good things about planescape and icewind dale

planescape is the kotor2 to bg's kotor 1

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

im guac

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Baloogan posted:

if u think manning is a hero then assange is a hero

i don't like assange at all

assange is a poo poo now which is kinda sad, he helped write a great book of profiles on early hackers (including himself) called underground

those fellas were ncaf

well most of them, par was day crew

edit: you can read it here provided free by the author herself, i highly recommend it

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

julius caesar grew up in a tenement and was killed due to his intentions to implement broad redistribution of aristocratic lands to the people

one time as a teenager he was captured by pirates and won them over with his stunning charisma, though they still demanded a ransom from rome. he would joke that after he left he would come back and kill them all and all the pirates would laugh. after he was ransomed he raised a small military force, went back, and crucified them all

he and pompey engaged in one of the only instances of trench warfare before the modern era. oh yeah by the way he conquered france, personally

a figure more unlike trump could hardly be imagined

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Jun 18, 2017

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Al! posted:

suck_zone.gifv

which one is zegermen and which is cc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

triple sulk posted:

the scary part of this is that shepherd could rip that cat apart in about two seconds

there's always risk in pokemon battles

• Locked thread