Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Now this is an OP. Thanks forge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Suxpool posted:

you can (and should) play a black guy

Representin

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

If you can go into people's wood or ore or whatever territories I guess I can give this another shot.

But that makes me wonder what the point of owning those is now if you aren't safe in there and can't meticulously harvest them for higher levels per tier. Is levels and tier still the official nomenclature?

So there's guards now on them that aren't trivial to kill for most players, you have to work around them for ganking solo. Large groups can show presence and mow them over.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

BadLlama posted:

Where is greenknight to bless this thread.

Probably praying to IT that photon can handle the Caerleon load on launch

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Blazing Zero posted:

auth me in the nu-discord, thanks friend

done, np friend

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

this is it guys

the final grind

the grind to end all grinds

*sips mtn dew*

I hear you loud and clear

... but what if ...

*opens hand containing red pill*

fresh start servers

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

Remember Ruggan you can upgrade all mats for free now at the base.

3 T2 = 1 T3
4 T3 = 1 T4
5 T4 = 1 T5
etc

So get your toddler cracking! Put them in a T2 zone and 2393259832218 T2 later we'll have 1 T8.

Can we please refer to this as "Upcycling" from now on just to trigger people

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

SebastianK posted:

hello I need an auth

Did you join the AC discord? I don't see you

e: Assuming you are SebK?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

vermeul posted:

Need Auth let the grindcuck begin

Verm?

Please post your dicksword name tia

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
AC is accepting of all types and genders. If you want to identify as a fork and be electronsexual thats cool and fine.

AC is accepting all new recruits up until release - it has built up a substantial member base and bad apples get weeded out actively (as well as never-log-inners).

If you are looking for a *~*:^%*safe space*%^:*~* then Awful Company probably isn't for you, you loving basement dwelling cheeto covered unemployed nerd.

Racism / serious anti-LGBwhatever the acronym is now rhetoric is dealt with swiftly because we are in 2017 after all.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I completely forgot I dumped a hundo into this game a while ago.

My condolences, come play

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Amalenczak in Discord, auth please.

Done. Praise Archersnon - if you have questions we have resources in the discord channels. If you can't sift through the everlasting stream of detritus hop in mumble and ask questions!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

Q: what's a skeltal?

A skeltal was something in betas past that you had to grind 10 million of.

Now you only grind 1 million.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

PsychicToaster posted:

I feel like that may be precisely what happens with me. If they didn't unfuck the interminable grind, I'll give up pretty fast.

I derped to t7 in a few days as a tank, its not so bad. On release you will have to fight other players harder for that fame, but it's actually not a kill your self grind anymore.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

PsychicToaster posted:

Heya Charles! And Dodgin! Been a long time. I'm debating coming back into this. It was fun for what it was way back when, but the direction the game went in drove me over the hills and far away. If the things I hated were addressed, I'll at least go kill some mans with ya'll for awhile.

Anything to break my RimWorld addiction I suppose...

Much has changed for the better, if you have specific questions hop in Discord and I'll get you authed and you can poke me there or in mumble - I'm usually on. Also would like to catch up - it has been a minute

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Si really stepped up today and for the first time I liked a Korn post.

These are strange times

strange times indeed.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

2DCAT posted:

Q: why are the skins in the new starter packs cooler than the poo poo I paid for 2 years ago?

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/55782-Our-Apologies-Starter-Packs-Founder-Packs/

noice

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

So how much is forge lying about them backing down on the retarded grind and PvP decisions?

I mean if you read the thread...

Casually playing, you can easily reach t5 first week, which is comparable with most mmo leveling curves.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
To elaborate on what forge said for further perspective:

Many of Gluttony's crew did the following:

Every armor to t4
Every weapon to t4
1-2 Builds to T6

in 2.5 weeks. Fame is easy peasy now

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
For those wondering my role in all this, and why I'm in a leadership role - I do not deal with politics. That is forge representing SA, and Gluttony representing everyone (as well as EQMS). My strengths are in boosting morale, guild unity, inspiring people to do better at what they set out to do, and on-grid tactics.

So, my role is to help you kick rear end however I can. I will do my best to get you linked up with people that know the most about your specific role, and will happily lead you to Valhalla on the battlefield. I will be actively GvGing as a tank where needed, but my primary role is ZvZ tank & command.

My job is to facilitate fun, and dammit we're gonna have some fun in this bad game.

If you have questions about your role and don't even know what the gently caress why, PM me @Dodgin and I can direct you to someone who does.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

If any group leaders actually want a radio setup for their runs or think some themed tunes would be good let me know, I'll see about getting that up and running. If not I'm not going to bother setting up an icecast, which I ran for 3 betas and never got over 3 listeners after the first.

I did a project with an icecast client about a year ago. It was rough. Bless u for working with that and a radio would be p cool imo. @FormerFatty might have good suggestions for genre types and may even load it up for his stream.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

macdonal hamborkles posted:

Will premium reset at launch too? I bought the 29 dolla package last week and it started counting down my 30 days ingame, I'll only have a couple of weeks left if it doesn't reset.

Yes

Midgetman posted:

Discord name is Midge, can i get auth please

Done

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Fog Tripper posted:

So are the race choices still Human Female and human male?

Yes, sadly they never finished the troll race :(

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

yeah valve doesn't like scams

Yeah I totally know what you me...

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-early-access-games-that-completely-screwed-customers/
https://www.theverge.com/gaming/2014/5/7/5692252/developers-abandon-unfinished-steam-game-after-selling-200000-copies
https://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/05/unfinished-steam-game-abandoned-after-thousands-bought-it/
http://steamed.kotaku.com/steam-users-form-scam-report-to-watch-for-shady-busines-1735686592
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2848777/buyer-beware-3-out-of-4-steam-early-access-games-havent-been-finished.html

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Kylra posted:

Not screwed at all. Maybe you'll be some % behind for a week or two of other people of your average play hours/day. Personal islands and guild islands are instanced and infinite. City shops are not, but they won't make/break you to own or not, and there's bidding wars to buy them every month unless they changed that.

I dunno if guild territories are still awesome or if they're just kind of nice to have trophies now, but that's more of a group thing than you not getting in day -2 either way.

Mostly e-peen. If you want resources you just park a fat zerg on top of someone else's territory and take em.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Baby T. Love posted:

Hello I'm Nilsa on discord. Auth me!

Done, check out #welcome and the other channels, like #announcements_from_assholes

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Charles Bukowski posted:

Lol. SPAIS!!!

Oh no a spai stole my fishing boat. SEVER ALLIANCE

:sever: Albion Online Fishing Pacts Do Not Exist :sever:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Hello im here to argue about mumble vs discord in the albion online thread and my reasons are walls of text about skills average joe does not possess like certificate spoofing and desire to gently caress a 250 man internet guild.

Thanks for reading

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

So what does a house actually get you? How is it different from the instanced off island thing?

If you are into the gathering scene, you can put minions called laborers in your house who will be happy if you put furniture in. They will give you books to fill while you are out gathering. Do this and hand them in and the minions will give you extra stuff!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Phok posted:

I was actually just looking for a new forum to lurk. I happened to find this thread ^_^

Hello please make an introductory post in GBS and link it here - thanks!

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
I will auth yall to the discord, but can't invite in-game until this queue wall lets me back in.

Also apparently SBI didn't consult Illidan before this - and of course they were not prepared.

e: Also again HOLY GOONRUSH - keep it up guys. So many faces from years past

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 19, 2017

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Tipme posted:

Can a non goon friend join the guild? Will make auth post later when I actually buy the game. Will join the second guild if necessary.

Also how easy is it to play this game and watch anime at the same time?

Yes, he fucks us we gently caress you - same as usual.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
^ This - I'm often off in bumfuck nowhere grinding so I may not see thread right away.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Peons posted:

Needing authorization

Discord: Peons
Mumble: Peons
In-game: Vass

Ping me on Dicksword when you're online for invite.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Hello I'm online and inviting! Whisper STEAMENGINE or MONSANTO and I'll get you in! (Also @Dodgin on discord)

If you have questions about what you should be doing, there are several channels in discord, since you didn't read the op check out:

#ac_albion_builds
#ac_tutorial_videos
#ac_general_chat_250k

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
we did it

https://www.reddit.com/r/albiononline/comments/6pa06v/but_why/

Good work out there on the front lines guys, and good work kicking gatherers in the nards

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Turd Herder posted:

Can we make a guild propaganda video. We can all ride on our Donkey mounts.

Well call it an Awful Company Donkey Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-jBRUg90Ug

:)

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Discord auth is up to date, message STEAMENGINE or MONSANTO in-game or @Dodgin on discord for invite in-game.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
has eonwe logged in yet this is important

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Woodburger posted:

Posting for Auth, not like it matters since I'm in a 25 minute queue for this grindfest. In game Woodburger, also looking for others to play with so discord is Woodburger#7626

Msg STEAMENGINE in game or MONSANTO, or better @Dodgin on discord and I'll get you sorted.