Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Martytoof posted:

Do the star ratings of your gear have any bearing on anything other than the slots? I like my green converse but they're one star. If I spend two snails to get them bumped to three slot am I going to regret it for some strange reason?

Stars correspond to how many initial slots it has and nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beelzebozo posted:

And how fast sub abilities are unlocked. A 1* hat with two snail slots will fill up with abilities faster than a 3* hat. So if you're grinding just for scrubbing, use three 1* pieces that you snailed. Source: thatSrb2dude demonstrated this on stream two weeks ago with snails from Judd.

I had no idea that was a thing, thanks for pointing it out.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Caphi posted:

I heard the people of Inkopolis don't actually comprehend that she's an Octarian.

It's less that they don't comprehend it and more that Inklings don't give a gently caress what you are as long as you're fresh enough.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

What's the best abilities to aim for with close weapon builds? Not really feeling ninja squid with all the slowdown it gives.

Ink resist is always useful, as is swim speed.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

:yeah:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Frankston posted:

What the heck is going on when I'm being "splatted by the rainmakers barrier"?

When the barrier explodes whichever team did less damage to it dies if they're in range. You can sorta see what color it is when it's expanding, and if it's not your color get the gently caress away from it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

well why not posted:

how do you use beacons? are they kit with certain weapons or ?

Dapple Dualies and the Krak-on Roller have beakons as the sub weapon.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

This Salmon Run loadout is complete rear end. That or my crewmates are terrible. Already got kicked down to Overachiever, clawed my way back to Profresh and am very close to getting demoted again. :negative:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Hey guys, please tell me im doing something wrong: im grinding for speed up slots. I drank the speed up drink and wear all krak-on branded gear, but out of 8 slots i levelled up, only 1 was a speed-up. Are the odds just that bad regardless?

Swim Speed Up that is

I've been trying to get Run Speed Up on my Rockenburg gear and even with a drink ticket I have yet to roll all three slots for it. Sometimes the RNG is not your friend, so keep at it!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Custom Jr already charges ridiculously quickly, looking forward to making it rain constantly forever.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Edit: Looks like they're doing it to get all the alts out by the 1 year mark.

Neo Splash-o-matic when

I love the Splash but the default loadout is pretty dire.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Rexroom posted:

The Zinc branded Mini Splatling appears this weekend with Curling Bombs and Ink Storm.

Isn't it spelled Zink? Either way give me that weapon I need it right now.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sentient Data posted:

bomb rush against a jetpack to quickly solo it in one cycle if the rest of the team isn't there yet

Assuming you're not being swarmed at the time, you can one-cycle Flyfish if you throw a bomb in right when the basket opens, immediately refill your ink and throw the second one before they close again. The timing is more generous than you might think, but it's not easy.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

LPG Giant posted:

WHAT?! How?!

Leaf Lock posted:

Hold the squid button.

This also works in normal multiplayer battles. If someone's got a bead on you, drop down real quick to not get shot out of the sky.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Splash-o-matic Neo with Burst Bombs and Curling Bomb Launcher.

YES FINALLY

The datamine had this with Suction Launcher, which is interesting. Not entirely sure which one I'd have preferred.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

In Training posted:

Wow. I had no idea.

You can also go into squid form and drop down with it!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Splatoon rules but clam blitz was a mistake

:yeah:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Do aerosprays share an animation with another weapon or are they just not included here for whatever reason?

I believe aerosprays use the splattershot animation, like other shooters.

e:f;b

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

oh jeez i thought with blasters you were supposed to hit with the explosion and NOT directly, fuckin rip

guess I know what I'm trying tomorrow. thanks for the writeups y'all

You'll hear a very distinct ding noise if you score a direct hit with a blaster, which is both extremely satisfying and lets you know you're doing it right.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Zoran posted:

And the final challenge gets you a single piece of gear.

What's the gear you get for it?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

I’m kinda surprised that people are questioning how nobody has the INT stat to realise Marina is an Octarian

Hasn't this been addressed already? Something to the effect of 'Inklings don't really give a poo poo what you are as long as you're fresh enough'

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

w00tmonger posted:

Just bought this during the sale, and it's still a pretty dope game. Is it just me or is selecting the jump spot really unintuitive now? Okay have just been really high but it doesn't seem familiar stall from splatoon1

If you're trying to jump to a teammate, open the map, hold down a direction on the dpad and then mash A. It's arguably quicker since you don't have to look down at the tablet anymore.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

it's still really satisfying to dunk a clam-football into the opponents' barrier.

I believe you mean to say Clam Dunk

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Finally playing through Octo Expansion and wow, gently caress these 8-ball levels.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

How the gently caress are you meant to do the defend the orb level, this is utter bullshit.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can heal the orb by shooting it :ssh:.

Yes, I figured that out but that doesn't really outheal the damage they can push onto it. I've tried intercepting them as they spawn but there's too goddamn many of them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It's really really good but also extremely difficult and frustrating.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beat the orb level! Killing them as soon as they landed whenever possible was definitely key to victory there.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dynamo Roller is a goddamn murder machine in Salmon Run, holy poo poo.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Inklings are canonically stupid as gently caress, and Pearl legitimately did not realize Marina is an Octoling.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm starting to see 2+ dualies per game and it's pissing me off.

Same but chargers.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Seconding the suggestion to experiment with weapons until you find what works for you. You look to be using mostly short-range stuff, maybe try some longer range weapons like the gals or squelchers or whatnot. Being able to outrange people in combat instead of getting all up in their face is a very different experience.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

In Training posted:

Maybe give the 52/96 gal a shot, they're similar to splattershot Pro with higher damage per shot and have some fun sub/special kits.

.52 Gal Deco is my jam, good range, good damage and the sub/special own.

The Aerosprays are the shortest ranged shooters in the entire game, and the tri-slosher is fairly short range as well. You'll give up the ability to ink crazy amounts of ground but in exchange you should be a bit more combat ready.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Isn't the sploosh even shorter ranged then the Aerospray? I remember actually being kinda decent to point blank people with it, but I doubt its an optimal strategy.

I could've sworn this was not the case, so I looked it up - the Sploosh is indeed much shorter ranged than the Aero. The former feels better to play with for some reason though, possibly because of Splashdown.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Please rate my Octoling

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The worst part of this SR map is that my idiot crewmates always take the lift up without me. I'm clearly being swarmed and I have an egg, let me on you fucks :argh:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah, I can’t believe this is still happening after a year haha

That it still happens in Profreshional is what's really astounding. You'd think to get to that point you'd learn how to not gently caress over your own team.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Thank you. I'll give it another shot with this in mind. Advice on rollers always welcome as well. My weapon of choice is the tri-slosher which I'm really starting to get a hang on and I find the umbrellas to just be cool even if I'm not so good with them, and while shooters are generally easy to figure out, the unique weapons like rollers and brushes still don't make much sense to me.

Brushes are essentially a melee weapon, and you can get around extremely quickly by holding the fire button and running. Sneak up on someone and mash the button and hope they die before they can react. Rollers can be flicked vertically for a much narrower but also longer range shot if you jump first. Don't fall into the trap of trying to run someone over - if they see you they can just walk backwards and kill you before you can ever catch up to them.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

quote:

Other - when exiting to inkopolis square from grizzco, you will be placed outside the grizzco entrance

It is about loving time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Harrow posted:

(the answer is to just play Turf War with new weapons but then I don't make as much money so :v:)

Salmon Run will make you so much more money than the other modes it's kind of ridiculous.