Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Txn posted:

Ghostrick4ever

And I'm just over here enjoying my Cardians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Ah, someone else who has felt the burn of Konami's treatment of Ciphers.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Dexie posted:

Pegasus played Toons, but those got a lot of support in recent years already. I'm thinking it might be support stuff for Relinquished/Thousand-Eyes Restrict?

Toons might've gotten support fairly recently, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't kill for more. Maybe actually start giving them Extra Deck monsters and/or going beyond GX. Elemental HERO Toon Nes, Stardust Toon Dragon, Number 39: Toontopia...

drrockso20 posted:

So since the Simulator of my choice(The Dawn of A New Era) is down for the foreseeable future(site got hijacked by malware), anyone got any suggestions for one for me to use, only stipulation is that it has to be an automated one, manual simulators like Dueling Book just aren't any fun to use

YGOPRo Percy is basically the automatic dueling simulator. If you wanna use Links, I'd suggest YGOPro 2, which is... literally just Percy, but with Links and a fresh coat of paint.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

You know, surprisingly enough, I don't hate this list. The onyl card on here that I actually use that got hit was Emeral, but in exchange I now have 3 Honest, 2 Librarian, 2 BLS, a Gateway of the Six, and Wavering Eyes back at 3. I'd call that a fair trade tbh.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

MiddleOne posted:

Why did no one ever tell me how the Duel Links banlist works before :iia:

Basically, instead of the ban-list limiting cards individually, the ban-list in Duel Links is a pool. For example, in base Yu-gi-oh limited meant that you could run a deck with like cyber dragon, graceful charity, heavy storm and whatnot all at the same time. In Duel Links, you would have to pick one of these and one only, because they're all from the limited pool. It works the same for semi-limited cards, you can only play 2 cards from the pool in total. For the current ban-list that means that you can in CA for example run either Vigilance or Machine Angel Ritual, but not both.

This is all going to come down to how they use it in practice but at face-value this seems like an excellent case of Konami actually learning something from running a card-game for decades.

Maybe it's just me, but that seems kind of awful and frustrating. Also have no clue why you spoiler tagged that.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Top tier cosplay, 10/10.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I'm intrigued, but it'll depend heavily on what, if any, non-PvP options there are. I actually quite like building a collection from scratch in Legacy of the Duelist and the Tag Force series.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

girl dick energy posted:

I'm not sure what the argument you're trying to make is? That they shouldn't release modern Harpies support in Duel Links that might actually make them viable because...?

I think the logic is:

The modern Harpie support is at a different level from their previous stuff. However, because of the overall much higher power level of the game as a whole, that support really only helps to make Harpies 'playable', and not necessarily 'meta'.

However, the Duel Links meta is of a much lower power level than the larger game. Therefor, where the modern support simply helps Harpies 'catch up' in the regular game, it instead makes them incredibly strong in Duel Links.

Of course I don't actually play Duel Links so I have no clue how the meta is there, that's just how I interpret the posts.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

This video leaves out the REAL best part of this duel: after getting his deck shuffled, Jaden's turn starts... and he draws Neos anyway.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Zore posted:

After GX the protagonists mostly start to get the ability to manifest completely new cards during a duel which takes it a hilarious level beyond.

The absolute best example of this will always be in Zexal when Yuma draws for his turn, shows the card to his opponent, THEN uses his Shining Draw ability to transform it into something else.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Nyaa posted:

If we are going from top to bottom in the leak image: Xyz, Synchro, Fusion, Beginner Classic, and Rarity Limit.

So Synchro would be next.

How would Rarity Limit even work? Even just cutting out UR means everyone loses vital staples like Ash, but when I imagine a 'rarity limited' format, that makes me think something like 'only commons and rares' at which point so many decks would get absolutely gutted.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Irony Be My Shield posted:

We have Upstart Goblin and Chicken Game in the format at 3 and they aren't really played outside of FTK decks and sometimes Sky Striker. Presumably the FTK decks would play another pay lifepoint draw card as long as it wasn't so expensive that it interfered with Chicken Game/Pseudo Space.

Wait, what? Have we really evolved to the point that a 37 card deck is not worth it?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

General Morden posted:

I'm slightly interested in trying out YGO, having come from a Hearthstone/MTG background.

Is there a YGO deck that is similar to Secrets Mage from HS? I also like Priest taking control of opponent monsters and using parts of their opponent's deck against them.

For MTG, is there a deck similar in function to Yuriko ninjas?

I think the closest comparison to a HS Secrets deck would be something heavy on Trap cards, something like Eldlich or Altergeist (are Altergeist still any good?).

For the Priest thing, look up Greydles, they're an archetype of monsters that, when destroyed, equip themselves to the opponent's monsters and take control of them. Not 'meta' like the other two, but still potentially fun.

For the MtG side... Nothing really comes to mind, unfortunately. I guess Watts could satisfy the 'attacking directly' part? But Watts are baaaaaaaad.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Why the gently caress is Konami even still censoring cards anyway? Are we really still stuck in the 50s mindset of "If Little Timmy sees an exposed thigh he'll turn into wanton, drug-addicted sex fiend"?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

This is still my favourite example

OH COME ON THAT'S JUST A loving ANIME TROPE! I'm pretty sure it's even happened in the Yugioh anime!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

...Holy poo poo, I already liked what I saw of Labrynth, but hearing this comparison just makes me want to play them even more.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Dabir posted:

Now if they could give the same attention to Halqifibrax as well, maybe the entire Synchro mechanic can come out of jail.

All future Syncro archetypes will take a page out of Swordsoul's book: instead of having actual Tuner monsters, they'll all just summon Tuner tokens.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Zore posted:

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not sure how this is fewer gems per month? 7 quests got 10-30 gem bumps in rewards while 2 got 10 gem nerfs. So you're looking at a consistent 120 gems/day instead of a variable 50-130 gems/day

On average you should be getting a lot more gems per month, especially because you couldn't always force the highest gem reward dailies before due to how much their conditions overlapped with low reward ones.

I think the assumption is you're constantly rerolling your lowest paying missions to get higher paying ones?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Zore posted:

You can reroll missions? I know you can kind of force things by deliberately not completing some missions (ie never do solo duels so those stay on your mission list and force the higher reward ones to also show up) but it seems impossible to completely force only the highest reward missions now because both of the 50 reward ones have lower tier versions you are forced to complete to get them. And some of the other missions are almost impossible not to complete unless you're disconnect fishing for hours so you're looking at a minimum pool of 5 per day of which only 3 missions are the ones you'd actually want which means a guarantee of the 150 days every other day at most.

At least that was my understanding.

Ahhhh, I remembered seeing an exploit for the dailies, but I forgot exactly what it was. I'm not actually playing Master Duel, so pretty much all my information about it comes second hand. Sorry.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Zodack posted:

Yeah, it's cases like that - and that's what I was thinking. It's still confusing because the monster "would be summoned" but I'm sure there are semantics in there that mean "actually the summon is a result of the spell effect". In my brain it's still a special summon that would happen though, so it's confusing.

The thing to keep in mind is that you can't activate effects while a chain is resolving. A summon off of, say, Polymerization happens while Poly is resolving, so the only window you have to respond is when Poly itself is activated.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

PUNKs being added makes me VERY tempted to hop into the game, but it's gonna rely heavily on what all cards they add in. I think, at minimum, they need Dia Note... which would be awfully hard since Dia isn't even in the TCG yet...

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

blizzardvizard posted:

I've been toying with PUNKs, and Ze Amin being essentially a 1-card VFD is a little disgusting. I feel like the deck is a little slept on because they're still waiting for another wave of support, plus when they were released VFD was already banned in both formats. My current build can also make Final Sigma, the rank 9 Phantom Fortress, or DPE on top of VFD depending on what the hand looks like, and the standard combo also searches the archetype's Imperm trap. Going first and turn 3 onwards you can keep recurring Shenshen from the GY, and going second they can break the board with their archetype Synchro (3k beatstick that bounces 2-3). The core package also leaves space for 10+ handtraps and Called By/Crossouts. The deck's a bit vulnerable to handtraps though since it can't special summon spam through interruptions as easily as VW, though it's also less reliant on 2-card combos (and the Crossouts help).

Of course more importantly their art is so goddamned cool.

You wouldn't happen to have a list available, would you? PUNKs dropping is what brought me back to Master Duel, and anything that lets me play them before the rest of their support is out is appreciated.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Yeah I got a string of those and they ended up boosting me up to Gold 3.

Of all the ways you could automate your winning, 'waste the opponent's time and hope they concede' has to be the weakest.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Mine DOES blow itself up if there's no monsters on the field at all, doesn't it? The problem is it only checks during the End Phase, so if you have some way of giving your opponent monsters, it'll survive.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

AlternateNu posted:

As someone who hasn't actually played YGO since before pendulums were a thing, is Legacy of the Duelist a good intro into the modern rules and semi-current archetypes? It's on sale on the Switch, and I'm about to go on two weeks of travel.

Which version is it? OG Legacy of the Duelist is super outdated by now, but Link Evolution should be up to date, rules-wise at least.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

mandatory lesbian posted:

Its the greatest card ever made

A common misconception; it's actually the worst card ever made, but it's SO bad that reality suffers a stack overflow error which causes it to loop around to being amazing.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Maxx "C" is not a good solution honestly. It hits a lot of fair decks too.

This is the issue with any sort of 'equalizer' tbh- yes, the top decks do a bunch of degenerate poo poo, but there's a bunch of non-tiered stuff that plays in a similar pool. Are the people who play those decks supposed to just suck it up and accept they don't get to even pretend to play?

This isn't even a hypothetical issue either, because the current Master Rules gently caress over so many pendulum archetypes. Like, Majespecter are literally unplayable with the current rules. And I understand that decks like PePe needed something big to completely kill them, but I don't like that it came at the expense of every other pendulum deck ever.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Blaze Dragon posted:

The lack of a Duel Monsters important character ace with purple/violet, green, or blue in their names has stopped a lot of interesting possibilities from happening.

I mean, Red-Eyes, Blue-Eyes, and Dark Magician all have rituals and fusions, and I'm not sure what color green is supposed to mean here? Pendulum?

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Genuine question: what are you folks' thoughts on Spirutalism as a counter to Mine? I ask this because one of my close friends is a hardline Mystic Mine defender, and he always points to Spiritualism specifically as to why Mine is fine.

For reference: "Return 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls to the hand. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated."

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Reptiles have good cards?

Reptiles have literally one of the most insane support cards ever in the form of Snake Rain. That card is a god drat ticking time bomb just waiting for the right archetype to be released.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

blizzardvizard posted:

So Choju is a better Diviner that will still be a Level 6 even if you Ash it so it can still be used for Beatrice, just that it requires a Tribute? Which if you're playing it in Drytron you can supply relatively easily.

See this is why I don't do card evaluations. I saw Choju and immediately though "oh funny meme card" and not "This could actually be usable in an actual deck".

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Oh no, they know exactly what to hit, that's why the banlist is carefully constructed in such a way that the real problem decks are never meaningfully hit. Like you said, they won't hit stuff that's making them money cuz otherwise they don't make money from it anymore.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Skios posted:

Edit: Apparently Crusadia Power doesn't work against Dimension Wall:

Dimension Wall affects players, not monsters. It is NOT Magic Cyclinder (I have made the same mistake before).

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

The level 6 also turns your burgers into kaijus.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Dabir posted:

I'm just trying to figure out the flavour of tributing the opponent's stuff when something gets targeted. Obviously the summon is moving on to the next course, but beyond that I'm lost. It's no Suship that's for sure

If we go by Arc-V logic, they're probably stuffing the opponent's monsters so full they die.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Hell yeah. Always makes me happy seeing my pet deck do cool stuff like this.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Skeleton Mom posted:

I've been saying for a long time that the horse from gaia the fierce knight should get its own card and it should be named Curse of Horse

Horse of Dragon

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Ardeem posted:

*edit*
Oh, and there's no way to exchange further duplicates or craft cards, after the third copy goes into your collection the rest just go into the void.

This is the thing that always frustrated me about the game. Like, even the Tag Force series had stuff you could do with dupes, and the 5D's half specifically allowed you to convert dupes into extra copies, albeit at a ridiculously slow rate.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

I think I would legitimately kill a man if it meant I got a Fortune Lady Resonator or whatever, like that's a really cute idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Al-Saqr posted:

i dont actually want to go through the process a million packs and boxes just to have a decent deck unless there was some way to buy an exact cards i want or whatever.

There are websites like TCGPlayer devoted to letting you pick up specific cards without having to go through the hassle of buying randomized product. Keep in mind though that some decks are STILL expensive to put together just because all their cards only exist at high rarities, while other decks might have 1 or 2 key cards that exist at high rarity only and therefor demand a huge price tag while everything else is pennies.